PDA

View Full Version : Wildfire Druid question

Heyboo
2021-01-27, 05:47 PM
Does a druid's wild shape allow for mixed subclass interactions?
Specifically, when a wild fire druid uses its charge of wild shape (instead of magically assuming the shape of a beast you have seen before) to summon the primal spirit bound to your soul (your wildfire spirit companion) would you allow Metamagic to impact it? Twinned wildfire spirit for example?

Is a magical effect the same as a spell?

But the real reason I'm asking: Transmuted spell.
Could you summon a lightning spirit? (storm sorcerer x/tempest cleric 2/wildfire druid 2?)
And if so, would you require each of its attacks to cost 1 sp for the metamagic, or is 1 and done sufficient?

I can see by the wording of Order of Scribes Wizard, whose awakened spellbook requires it to be a wizard spell with a spell slot, is a definite no.
But is there any wiggle room for Sorcerer/Druid hybrids?

Would this open up an Alchemist Artificer to have a poison or acid spirit?

Whats the difference between allowing this vs. elemental adept feat to apply to your wildfire spirit?

Darc_Vader
2021-01-27, 06:08 PM
Does a druid's wild shape allow for mixed subclass interactions?
Specifically, when a wild fire druid uses its charge of wild shape (instead of magically assuming the shape of a beast you have seen before) to summon the primal spirit bound to your soul (your wildfire spirit companion) would you allow Metamagic to impact it? Twinned wildfire spirit for example?

Is a magical effect the same as a spell?

But the real reason I'm asking: Transmuted spell.
Could you summon a lightning spirit? (storm sorcerer x/tempest cleric 2/wildfire druid 2?)
And if so, would you require each of its attacks to cost 1 sp for the metamagic, or is 1 and done sufficient?

I can see by the wording of Order of Scribes Wizard, whose awakened spellbook requires it to be a wizard spell with a spell slot, is a definite no.
But is there any wiggle room for Sorcerer/Druid hybrids?

Would this open up an Alchemist Artificer to have a poison or acid spirit?

Whats the difference between allowing this vs. elemental adept feat to apply to your wildfire spirit?

Metamagic explicitly requires a spell, so you can’t use it on Wildfire Spirit regardless of it being magical.

Edit: Elemental Adept also explicitly requires a spell, so that wouldn’t apply either.