PDA

View Full Version : The "Stat Me!" Thread with a twist

elliott20
2007-11-07, 01:00 PM
Most threads of this type usually has people stat out characters that are of a adventuring or fighting nature. (i.e. based off of video game characters with combat abilities) Well, I thought it would be fun to see what people come up with when it comes to characters who are more or less mundane or just plain silly.

For example: stat out Homer Simpson

Human Commoner 4

STR: 16
DEX: 8
CON: 18
INT: 5
WIS: 7
CHA: 7

Feats: ?

Indon
2007-11-07, 01:05 PM
Judging from what Homer has accomplished in every episode of the Simpsons, I would place him as some sort of epic commoner with very high stats.

Edit: Except Wisdom, anyway.

SoD
2007-11-07, 01:15 PM
The Cat

CN Rogue 6

STR: 10
DEX: 22
CON: 10
INT: 4
WIS: 4
CHA: 20

Feats: SMOOth with a capital SMOO.
Skills-maxed out tumble, moderate bluff.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 01:18 PM
Most threads of this type usually has people stat out characters that are of a adventuring or fighting nature. (i.e. based off of video game characters with combat abilities) Well, I thought it would be fun to see what people come up with when it comes to characters who are more or less mundane or just plain silly.

Level 8 Barbarian

STR: 16
DEX: 6
INT: 5
WIS: 7
CHA: 16

Feats: ?

Homer has stubby fingers as discussed in that one episode where Lisa was told she'd never be a good saxaphonist, so his dex should be 6. However I believe his charisma should at least be 16.

:D

Otherwise everything looks great to me.

I also made him a level 8 barbarian.

goat
2007-11-07, 01:22 PM
Homer has stubby fingers as discussed in that one episode where Lisa was told she'd never be a good saxaphonist, so his dex should be 6. However I believe his charisma should at least be 16.

He's kept a job at a nuclear power-plant while having a crayon in his brain and no idea what he's doing. He's obviously a cheesed out bluff/diplomancer.

Yuki Akuma
2007-11-07, 01:24 PM
He's kept a job at a nuclear power-plant while having a crayon in his brain and no idea what he's doing. He's obviously a cheesed out bluff/diplomancer.

With lots of cross-class ranks in Speak Language.

elliott20
2007-11-07, 01:27 PM
yeah but you gotta remember Homer's job at the powerplant wasn't really to perform anything other than be an ass in a seat.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 01:32 PM
yeah but you gotta remember Homer's job at the powerplant wasn't really to perform anything other than be an ass in a seat.

and Homer's idea of diplomacy is starting wars.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-07, 01:36 PM
I wonder, what would BART be? A rogue. He's a pretty damn mischievous guy, so it would be fitting. And if I had to give a class to Homer, it'd be a barb variant that gives 8 skillpoints per level, because that way he can spend skillpoints on learning languages or the various professions he takes for one day.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 01:39 PM
I wonder, what would BART be? A rogue. He's a pretty damn mischievous guy, so it would be fitting. And if I had to give a class to Homer, it'd be a barb variant that gives 8 skillpoints per level, because that way he can spend skillpoints on learning languages or the various professions he takes for one day.

Swashbuckler Rogue Kit. Bart is a rogue but he likes a certain flair about it that makes him a swashbuckler.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-07, 01:41 PM
If there was a ranged swasbuckler (SLINGSHOT!) sure, but no if it's a normal one. Plus, the many times he's hit Homer with his slingshot on the back qualifies as a sneak attack.

elliott20
2007-11-07, 01:44 PM
bart would totally be a rogue. I'd say about... rogue 4 or so.

I wonder what Lisa would be... Probably some kind of weaker version of a Loremaster.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 01:44 PM
If there was a ranged swasbuckler (SLINGSHOT!) sure, but no if it's a normal one. Plus, the many times he's hit Homer with his slingshot on the back qualifies as a sneak attack.

Don't swashbucklers get sneak attacks?

I mean either he's Ranger or Swashbuckler. He does enough tumbling and acrobatics. Etc....

Lisa Simpson is definitely a straight level 4 Bard with specialization in saxaphone.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-07, 01:45 PM
Lisa? Able learner human, who took levels of bard and will PrC into loremaster. Pretty fitting, seeing as she fascinates cultured people when she plays.

Jack Zander
2007-11-07, 01:51 PM
Dexter from Dexter's Lab

10th level Artificer

Str 6 (not only is he small sized, he's also rather puny)
Dex 16 (he does some rather impressive tucks, rolls, and sniper shots in a few episodes)
Con 18 (He can survive his entire lab blowing up around him with little more than a blackened lab coat)
Int 20 (world's smarted child with +1 at levels 4 and 8)
Wis 8 (Unfortunately cannot foresee the ill-effects of his creations)
Cha 8 (He's a loner and not too popular at school)

Mordokai
2007-11-07, 02:04 PM
Donald Duck

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40251000/jpg/_40251083_donald_walk.jpg

Level 12 barbarian

STR 16 (he performs some amazing feats of strength)
DEX 14 (he can be pretty nimble)
CON 24 (the amount of punishment this guy takes is amazing by itself. That he can walk away from it is nothing less than epic.)
INT 12 (he does come up with some pretty slick plans.)
WIS 6 (however, he usually doesn't know what is good and what isn't and he doesn't know when to keep his beak shut.)
CHA 16 (he can be quite a charmer if he so wishes, and he is very persuasive.)

Feats: maxed Toughness and probably Power attack.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 02:09 PM
http://www.members.aol.com/dalbozofgurth/dancinggir.gif
GIR from Invader Zim:

Strength: 20
Dex: 14 (he's a good dancer)
Constitution: N/A has indestructible body unless he blows himself up
Intelligence: Psychotic 12 (only he can ever know what he knows)
Wisdom: Psychotic 12 (it makes sense to him)
Charisma : Deranged 9

GIR is an 18 HD Shape Changing Construct of Unknown Metal

He has an effective class called: G<bszzt> Information Retreival Robot (i.e. a Ninja), but does so poorly at his job, nobody has any clue what he's for.

He may not attack, unless he goes even more insane (the Red Colored GIR), or if he is "sane" (by his standards) he can use an attack called "What's this do!" which allows him to find the weak spot of any item he's manipulating and destroys it out of "curiosity".

elliott20
2007-11-07, 02:10 PM
I wonder if there should be a template called "Cartoon Heel", where you can apply it to a character. The character would get a penalty for just about all of his rolls except he would get a huge CON bonus and a lot of save bonus.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 02:10 PM
Donald Duck

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40251000/jpg/_40251083_donald_walk.jpg

Level 12 barbarian

You got my vote :D

GolemsVoice
2007-11-07, 02:16 PM
Cut-my-own-throat-Dibbler form Terry Pratchett's Discworld

STR: 10 (The books never mention him performing anything great in this way)
CON: 13 (As a man of the streets, especially considering the nature of the streets of Ankh Morpork, he is pretty tough.)
DEX: 16 (He is nimble as a rat. Maybe thats because he had some somewhere s his bloodline)
INT: 20 (He can come up with something to make money with in less than a second, and his plans are often quite clever. See "Guards! Guards!"
WIS: 6 (The reason why, despite of what I mentioned above, he is still selling sausage inna bun. And that's cutting my own throat)
CHA: 24 (Why else would anybody BUY his sausages?)

Jack Zander
2007-11-07, 02:20 PM
New Feat:

Cartoon [General]
Benefit: You no longer make any rolls whatsoever. Instead, any action you perform is ruled a success or failure by the DM in favor of what would be most comical at the time.
Normal: A character without this feat rolls a die to see whether they succeed at an action or not.
Special: Because death is not funny, your character can never die unless it is an ongoing gag that he dies at the end of each session/adventure, but somehow is back as if nothing happened the next session/adventure.

dragonseth
2007-11-07, 02:26 PM
New Feat:

Cartoon [General]
Benefit: You no longer make any rolls whatsoever. Instead, any action you perform is ruled a success or failure by the DM in favor of what would be most comical at the time.
Normal: A character without this feat rolls a die to see whether they succeed at an action or not.
Special: Because death is not funny, your character can never die unless it is an ongoing gag that he dies at the end of each session/adventure, but somehow is back as if nothing happened the next session/adventure.

Hmm. I should ask my DM if I can use this feat.:smallamused:

Doresain
2007-11-07, 02:26 PM
New Feat:

Cartoon [General]

i have a new favorite feat

RelentlessImp
2007-11-07, 02:27 PM
Bugs Bunny

Level 20 Bard

STR: 8 (When have you ever seen Bugs do any kind of feat of strength?)
DEX: 22 (Nimble bastard)
CON: 16 (He can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'... for a while.)
INT: 20 (Seriously, Bugs is smart!)
WIS: 16 (He can reason better than most)
CHA: 30 (Who DOESN'T love Bugs? :P)

Bugs is an Awakened Rabbit polymorphed into a humanoid form. He loves to sing, dance, and make wisecracks.

Max ranks in Bluff, Diplomacy, Perform (sing), Perform (dance), Disguise (for the cross-dressing), Sleight of Hand, Tumble.

Jack Zander
2007-11-07, 02:29 PM
But no one bothered looking at the prereqs. It requires you to not enjoy rolling dice or controlling how good your character is. I'll bet most DMs would simply come up with a rather silly failure for every action anyone tried to perform. Well, I suppose if you're a bard and you're already the comic relief your DM can't make you any worse...

Jack Zander
2007-11-07, 02:30 PM
Bugs Bunny

Level 20 Bard

Bugs is an Awakened Rabbit polymorphed into a humanoid form. He loves to sing, dance, and make wisecracks.

Max ranks in Perform (sing), Perform (dance), Disguise (for the cross-dressing), Tumble, at the very least.

Don't forget bluff.

Duke of URL
2007-11-07, 02:37 PM
Don't forget bluff.

Or sleight-of-hand.

Elmer Fudd
Ranger (Solitary Hunter variant) 8

DEX: 12
INT: 8
WIS: 8
CHA: 10

Favored enemies: Animal (rabbit, duck) +4, Vermin +2
Combat style: Archery, as applied to shotguns

Kurald Galain
2007-11-07, 02:59 PM

Homers constitution is ridiculously high. Also, perhaps surprisingly, he has a pretty good charisma, as he's very good at getting away with stuff, making people listen to him, and swaying crowds.

Feats: Improved Nap, Cohort (Marge), Detect Beer.

Bart - Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 7, Wis 5, Cha 14
His charisma is high because he also gets away with everything.

Lisa - Str 8, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 8
Nobody ever listens to her, but she's way too smart for her age

Dibbler is actually stattet out in the GURPS Discworld book. In that book, his intelligence is not too good, because his plans rarely do anything.

Havelock Vetinari - Aristocrat/1, Rogue/5, Assassin/5, Master diplomat/9
Str 13, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 20, Wis 13, Cha 22
Or something like that. The guy is totally awesome, can outfight assassins, can plan for the entire city and have them listen to him.

Bugs Bunny needs Conjure Carrot for a feat.

Setra
2007-11-07, 03:01 PM
Bugs Bunny

Level 20 Bard

Max ranks in Perform (sing), Perform (dance), Disguise (for the cross-dressing), Tumble, at the very least.

Or sleight-of-hand.

Elmer Fudd
Ranger (Solitary Hunter variant) 8

INT: 8
WIS: 8

Favored enemies: Animal (rabbit, duck) +4, Vermin +2
Combat style: Archery, as applied to shotguns

And yet a single hit from the shotgun will kill Bugs.. What the hell kinda damage does a shotgun do?

RelentlessImp
2007-11-07, 03:14 PM
And yet a single hit from the shotgun will kill Bugs.. What the hell kinda damage does a shotgun do?

Which is why Bugs always makes sure Daffy or Elmer gets shot with the shotgun :P

And yes, I completely forgot bluff. Fixing it now :P

Duke of URL
2007-11-07, 03:18 PM

Well, with Bugs as a Bard without any meatshield support, it really doesn't take all that much to kill him, does it?

ChocolateChtulu
2007-11-07, 03:29 PM
My favourite Disney character:

Ludwig von Drake

Duck Expert

STR: 7
DEX: 8
CON: 9
INT: 21 (yes, he's *that* awesome)
WIS: 16
CHA: 9

EDIT: I'll try to stat out the main duck cast.

Donald Duck

Duck Commoner
STR: 9
DEX: 5
CON: 17
INT: 10
WIS: 6

Scrooge McDuck

Duck Fighter/Expert
STR: 14
CON: 20
INT: 18
WIS: 15
CHA: 11

Daisy Duck

Duck Commoner
DEX: 11
INT: 10
WIS: 10
CHA: 12

Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck

Duck Commoners
DEX: 13
CON: 12
INT: 14

Elvira "Grandma Duck" Coot

Duck Commoner/Expert
STR: 12
DEX: 11
CON: 13
INT: 11
WIS: 18
CHA: 11

Gyro Gearloose

Crane Artificer
DEX: 13
CON: 9
INT: 30+
WIS: 12

Fethry Duck

Duck Commoner
DEX: 5
CON: 14
INT: 11
WIS: 3

Draz74
2007-11-07, 04:12 PM

Nah. His Bluff/Diplomacy isn't great. He just uses Luck feats to boost these rolls whenever he's about to get in big trouble. He's a Commoner with the Fortune's Friend PrC (and decent Str/Cha, and great Con).

shadowdemon_lord
2007-11-07, 04:17 PM
Nah, homer is an expert. I mean, he is AN engineer, even if he's a buffoon of an engineer. He does know how the nuclear power plant works, despite nearly blowing it up all the time. Also he's got high charisma, strength, and con scores, with low dex (when's the last time he dodged something seriously? and wisdom, and a decent int score. He does come up with some pretty ingenious plans sometimes, their just prone to stupid errors.

Dairun Cates
2007-11-07, 05:01 PM
Well, with Bugs as a Bard without any meatshield support, it really doesn't take all that much to kill him, does it?

You do know that Bards don't get a d4 hit dice right? A d6 is sufficient enough to take some pretty heavy blows at level 20 (especially with a 16 con). Hell, I doubt a d4 hit dice would have much problems with a 16 con at level 20.

Edit: I'm justing saying that even with a x3 crit range on the shotgun, max damage, and min HP rolls on Bugs' part. The thing still has to be doing about 5d6 damage to take him down in one shot.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 05:11 PM
Nah, homer is an expert. I mean, he is AN engineer, even if he's a buffoon of an engineer. He does know how the nuclear power plant works, despite nearly blowing it up all the time. Also he's got high charisma, strength, and con scores, with low dex (when's the last time he dodged something seriously? and wisdom, and a decent int score. He does come up with some pretty ingenious plans sometimes, their just prone to stupid errors.

Homer was promoted out of random to keep the miserable fools working.

He really doesn't know how to be an engineer. Remember? There's that episode where he's trying to fix something and he's talking on the phone, and the guy on the other end says there's no way Homer could've ever gotten the job he had? I'd love to look up the script but after 20 years there are so many episodes that I honestly couldn't tell you where to begin. Heck the opening scene shows him getting an isotope stuck in his shirt and he tosses it out of the window!

Kurald Galain
2007-11-07, 05:14 PM
EDIT: I'll try to stat out the main duck cast.
Why does poor Donald have only a dex of 5? He's had several delicate jobs where he wasn't overly clumsy (of course he screws up due to doing stupid things...) And why is he weaker than his uncle and grandma, who should have age penalties by now?

Hm - how would one stat Gladstone Gander? Pretty low stats across the board (he appears unskilled in anything, and is neither particularly bright nor particularly likeable) with a prestige class that allows him several dozen rerolls per day?

The thing still has to be doing about 5d6 damage to take him down in one shot.
I can see a shotgun doing 5d6, no problem. Firearms are supposed to be more effective than blades, no?

More stats!
C. Montgomery Burns - aristocrat 10
Str 1, Dex 3, Con 6, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 8
Feats: extended lifespan, fabulous wealth, cohort (Smithers)

Dairun Cates
2007-11-07, 05:19 PM
I can see a shotgun doing 5d6, no problem. Firearms are supposed to be more effective than blades, no?

That still assumes Bugs having absolute minimums in ALL of his dice except the first and assuming almost max damage on a crit. For it to be threatening him on an average hit with average HP, the thing would have to be doing 38d6 or 13d6 with a x3 crit if we're assuming Bugs is afraid of crits. Maybe all those times Bugs faked death he really did get hit.

Let's not forget inspire greatness too. We'd be up to a 43d6 shotgun then.

Edit: For the record, I'm pretty sure that's going through the hardness of adamantium at that point.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-07, 05:21 PM
I'd change that. Burns is bigger than Einstein if we consider the average springfieldean's stats. I'd say he has low WIS (comics, I love you. In 'em, Burns is shown to have made rash decisions in the pursuit of immortality, the biggest likely Project Q, an oversized and super intelligent Burns Tarantula), and 20 INT, with 10 to 12 CHA.

ChocolateChtulu
2007-11-07, 05:30 PM
Why does poor Donald have only a dex of 5? He's had several delicate jobs where he wasn't overly clumsy (of course he screws up due to doing stupid things...)

You have a point, 5 dex is probably too harsh.
Still, he does screw up things because of his clumsiness quite regularly... what about DEX 8?

And why is he weaker than his uncle and grandma, who should have age penalties by now?

Well, Scrooge has led (and still leads) quite an adventurous and physically demanding life, and he proved in many occasions that he can easily beat up Donald, various villains, and assorted monsters if he has the right incentive for it (i.e., money).

Despite his age, he still is the strongest character of the cast, I think.

As for Elvira Coot, she is a farmer - since Gus Goose is useless, she spends her day doing a variety of fairly labour-intensive tasks, and it stands to reason that she is also stronger than her age would suggest.

Hm - how would one stat Gladstone Gander? Pretty low stats across the board (he appears unskilled in anything, and is neither particularly bright nor particularly likeable) with a prestige class that allows him several dozen rerolls per day?

I think his Charisma could be passable - he certainly seems to care a lot about his appearance, and he's able to woo Daisy on a regular basis.

But apart from that, either he is the DM's boyfriend or he fakes rolls, I think.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 05:33 PM

Gladstone Gander is a skilless chump. Scrooge hates him because Gladstone has 0 skill in anything he does.

The only way to properly make a Gladstone Gander character is if you dig up 1st edition AD&D and use the LUCK score. Of which, Gladstone has about 50.

Whatever Gladstone needs he gets.

Mr.Moron
2007-11-07, 05:48 PM
http://digitalvision.blogspot.com/brain.gif
Brain
Class: ????
Strength: 2
He is a mouse! Their lack of strength was often a point on the show, and a major hindrance to their plans. Well, without considering the giant mechanical suit anyway.

Constitution: 18
Like any cartoon character, this must be fairly high. They take a great deal of punishment and keep on ticking. Heck, 18 is probably a conservative figure.

Dexterity: 10
Capable of operating controls fairly quickly, and handling tools but nothing extraordinary. This score seems like it should be fairly middle of the road.

Intelligence: 22
His name is brain after all, just look at the size of that melon! His plans often stretch or break the laws of physics (sound like anything else with a high INT score?).

Wisdom: 6
For all the genius his plans require to develop, they're often not well thought out,have gaping flaws and generally lack common sense. He may be smart, be he lacks the foresight he needs to get them to work.

Charisma: 12
While not pretty, he has a steadfast drive and distinct persona. Pinky's steadfast loyalty proves some leadership ability on his part, even when you consider it is... Pinky. While is jimmy-brain "No Spill" coffee mugs don't earn him any friends he has proven capable of getting cooperation from people. Of course his lack of common sense sometimes works contrary to this, nobody likes Richard Simmons!

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-07, 06:07 PM
Brain
He is a mouse! Their lack of strength was often a point on the show, and a major hindrance to their plans. Well, without considering the giant mechanical suit anyway.

Like any cartoon character, this must be fairly high. They take a great deal of punishment and keep on ticking. Heck, 18 is probably a conservative figure.

Capable of operating controls fairly quickly, and handling tools but nothing extraordinary. This score seems like it should be fairly middle of the road.

His name is brain after all, just look at the size of that melon! His plans often stretch or break the laws of physics (sound like anything else with a high INT score?).

For all the genius his plans require to develop, they're often not well thought out,have gaping flaws and generally lack common sense. He may be smart, be he lacks the foresight he needs to get them to work.

While not pretty, he has a steadfast drive and distinct persona. Pinky's steadfast loyalty proves some leadership ability on his part, even when you consider it is... Pinky. While is jimmy-brain "No Spill" coffee mugs don't earn him any friends he has proven capable of getting cooperation from people. Of course his lack of common sense sometimes works contrary to this, nobody likes Richard Simmons!

looks really good 100% spot on!

Charisma should flip flop with Intelligence when he isn't scheming. There was an episode where the Brain gave up scheming, and tried to be a normal person. He wound up having a horrible time and complained. Everybody started following him but he didn't even notice. He could've taken over the world right then ;D

elliott20
2007-11-07, 08:30 PM
Brain

Also see: Moon Rat from the MM2

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm2_gallery/88268_620_85.jpg

Mordokai
2007-11-08, 12:48 AM
Well, Scrooge has led (and still leads) quite an adventurous and physically demanding life, and he proved in many occasions that he can easily beat up Donald, various villains, and assorted monsters if he has the right incentive for it (i.e., money).

Despite his age, he still is the strongest character of the cast, I think.

As for Elvira Coot, she is a farmer - since Gus Goose is useless, she spends her day doing a variety of fairly labour-intensive tasks, and it stands to reason that she is also stronger than her age would suggest.

Scrooge gets bonus to STR based on circumstances. While I agree that he is still pretty strong for a duck of his age I'd also say he gets somewhere from +10 to +20 bonus on STR, DEX and CON when he is hunting for gold. Donald is just a lazy bump who doesn't deem all that work to be worth it.

But Donald also performed some feats of strength when he needed to, he just needs different incentive than Scrooge. You can check my take on his stats on previous page, I don't think I overstrecthed it. Well, not too much :smallsmile:

Kurald Galain
2007-11-08, 06:03 AM
Oh yeah, Scrooge definitely needs Sense Gold as a feat, or supernatural ability.

And Huey, Lewie and Dewey (sp?) need some kind of major artifact in the form of the Junior Woodchucks Guidebook of Infinite Answers :smallbiggrin:

And this gets me wondering about Magica DeSpell... obviously she's some kind of wizard (witch, wu jen, whatever) but she is somewhat lacking in versatility...

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-08, 06:16 AM
I think the problem with statting Simpson's characers is that there's such a lack of continuity (eg: Bart once recieved some Ninja training to help him deliver Thai menus, but it was never refered to again after the episode in question, so would he be classed as having 1 level of ninja for the sake of this thread?). I'll have a go at statting Dilbert:

Level 3 Expert (his an engineer).
Str: 10 (doesn't seem too weak, but doesn't exibit a lot of strength).
Dex: 14 (good typist, and skilled engineer).
Con: 10/16 (doesn't seem to be particularly tough in the comics, but he has taken some heavy damage without dying in the cartoon).
Int: 16: (skilled engineer, seems intelligent).
Wis: 14 (seems to have some common sense).
Cha: 6 (too mild-manered, poor social skills, not very persuasive).

Class Skills: Craft (Engineering), Sense Motive, Swim, Knowledge (Science+ Technology), Knowledge (Architecture), Concentration, Appraise, Decipher Script, Knowledge (Nature) and Knowledge (History).

Feats: Skill Focus (Engineering), Brew Potion (has tried making cure for common cold, seems to be able to make rocket fuel) and Skill Focus (Sense Motive).

Ossian
2007-11-08, 06:47 AM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7246/spongebobwu6.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spongebobwu6.jpg)

Ah, what about Sponge Bob? I'm curious to see your take on him.

STR 5 (it's....a SPONGE!)
DEX 16 (he's a cartoon, he's going to use it)
CON 5

INT 9
WIS 16 (he really is determined to the extent of being a zealot when he puts his mind to a task)
CHA 19 (just about the merriest fellow down there at the Bikini Bottom reef?)

Below 4th level expert, skill ranks in cooking and knowledge (frying)
Flaw: can't get a driving license.

Khanderas
2007-11-08, 06:57 AM
Cut-my-own-throat-Dibbler form Terry Pratchett's Discworld
<snip>
CHA: 24 (Why else would anybody BUY his sausages?)
True. Everyone buys his sausages, optionally eats it and then regrets buying it. Until they meet him again.

random11
2007-11-08, 07:26 AM
New Feat:

Cartoon [General]

There is an entire RPG game around that feat:
http://www.sjgames.com/toon/

Duke of URL
2007-11-08, 08:46 AM
You do know that Bards don't get a d4 hit dice right? A d6 is sufficient enough to take some pretty heavy blows at level 20 (especially with a 16 con). Hell, I doubt a d4 hit dice would have much problems with a 16 con at level 20.

Edit: I'm justing saying that even with a x3 crit range on the shotgun, max damage, and min HP rolls on Bugs' part. The thing still has to be doing about 5d6 damage to take him down in one shot.

At 6th level, Elmer gets multishot, so he can use both barrels at the same time... :smallbiggrin:

elliott20
2007-11-08, 09:15 AM
I think the problem with statting Simpson's characers is that there's such a lack of continuity (eg: Bart once recieved some Ninja training to help him deliver Thai menus, but it was never refered to again after the episode in question, so would he be classed as having 1 level of ninja for the sake of this thread?). I'll have a go at statting Dilbert:

Level 3 Expert (his an engineer).
Str: 10 (doesn't seem too weak, but doesn't exibit a lot of strength).
Dex: 14 (good typist, and skilled engineer).
Con: 10/16 (doesn't seem to be particularly tough in the comics, but he has taken some heavy damage without dying in the cartoon).
Int: 16: (skilled engineer, seems intelligent).
Wis: 14 (seems to have some common sense).
Cha: 6 (too mild-manered, poor social skills, not very persuasive).

Class Skills: Craft (Engineering), Sense Motive, Swim, Knowledge (Science+ Technology), Knowledge (Architecture), Concentration, Appraise, Decipher Script, Knowledge (Nature) and Knowledge (History).

Feats: Skill Focus (Engineering), Brew Potion (has tried making cure for common cold, seems to be able to make rocket fuel) and Skill Focus (Sense Motive).

Actually, I'd argue that Dilbert's physical stats are all fairly mediocre if not worse. In fact, I would argue that his skills as an engineer and as a typist have more to do with practiced skills as opposed to him having a decent dex score. It seems to me he would actually be a sporting 8's all across the board except maybe in CON on account that he has sustained severe injuries at Alice's hands several times. Speaking of which...

Alice
Human Expert 2 / Barbarian 1

STR: 14 (It's hard to say. She has shown to be able to perform great feats of strength when angered but this could be a product of her barbarian rage rather than her just being strong to begin with.)
DEX: 10
INT: 15
CHA: 9 (Like most of the dilbert cast, she's not the paragon of charismatic. In fact, like most of the dilbert cast, she can be down right antagonistic to other people)

feats: skill focus (engineering), improved unarmed strike (fist of death, anyone?), superior unarmed strike

most of her skill points would naturally get funneled towards engineering related knowledge fields.

Kurald Galain
2007-11-08, 09:42 AM
Ooh, nice!

Wally
Human Expert 1
Str 7, Dex 7, Con 10 (the guy's a total sloth!), Int 13, Wis 11, Cha 13 (he is clever enough to avoid work, and charismatic enough to get away with it).
Feats: Improved Slurp Coffee, Dodge Blame.

PHB
Human Manager 5
Str 10, Dex 12 (plays golf), Con 6 (falls asleep at meetings), Int 6, Wis 4 (has NO common sense whatsoever), Cha 12
Feats: Extend Meeting, Improved Boredom, Skill focus: Bureaucratese

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-08, 09:55 AM
Those are good points about Dilbert (I mainly put him at average for Con and Str due to a lack of evidence). I'd be tempted to put Alice's Str a couple of points higher due to how she does seem to display a fair bit of strength when she isn't that angry (or at least not as angry as she sometimes is: the problem is judging when she is using a real-life equivalent of Rage). I'd probably put the PHB's Con at about 16 due to how his survived worse beatings from Alice then Dilber has, and there was 1 comic where he seemed to be able to no-sell Carol shooting him in the back with a Crossbow reasonably well. I'll try and think of more stats for Dilbert characters later.

Magnor Criol
2007-11-08, 10:05 AM
I've always wondered about statting out Ferris Bueller...
I'm not sure about most of the details, but I know for certain that he'd have a Charisma score through the flippin' roof - almost epic-level Cha, while the rest of his scores are probably average.
He'd also have something to increase his luck, since he had a lot of that to go along with his godly charisma.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-08, 10:09 AM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7246/spongebobwu6.th.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spongebobwu6.jpg)

Ah, what about Sponge Bob? I'm curious to see your take on him.

STR 5 (it's....a SPONGE!)
DEX 16 (he's a cartoon, he's going to use it)
CON 5

INT 9
WIS 16 (he really is determined to the extent of being a zealot when he puts his mind to a task)
CHA 19 (just about the merriest fellow down there at the Bikini Bottom reef?)

Below 4th level expert, skill ranks in cooking and knowledge (frying)
Flaw: can't get a driving license.

Don't forget Karate :D

Mordokai
2007-11-08, 10:13 AM
And this gets me wondering about Magica DeSpell... obviously she's some kind of wizard (witch, wu jen, whatever) but she is somewhat lacking in versatility...

Magica is sorcerer(es, or how is the woman form of sorcerer), she herself states so on multiple occasions. And I think Scrooge and Donald refer to her as sorceress as well.

Magnor Criol
2007-11-08, 10:19 AM
Magica is sorcerer(es, or how is the woman form of sorcerer), she herself states so on multiple occasions. And I think Scrooge and Donald refer to her as sorceress as well.

That doesn't really mean anything; beyond the class names of DnD, terms like wizard, mage, sorcerer, and the like are interchangeable. What's important is where she gets her magic from: Does she study and cast from spellbooks, or does she just pull the power from inside of her?
I don't remember Magica all that well, but I think she'd be sorceress. Probably some prestige class thrown in there...

elliott20
2007-11-08, 10:24 AM
Those are good points about Dilbert (I mainly put him at average for Con and Str due to a lack of evidence). I'd be tempted to put Alice's Str a couple of points higher due to how she does seem to display a fair bit of strength when she isn't that angry (or at least not as angry as she sometimes is: the problem is judging when she is using a real-life equivalent of Rage). I'd probably put the PHB's Con at about 16 due to how his survived worse beatings from Alice then Dilber has, and there was 1 comic where he seemed to be able to no-sell Carol shooting him in the back with a Crossbow reasonably well. I'll try and think of more stats for Dilbert characters later.

Yeah, we never actually get to see Dilbert perform anything athletic. (Except maybe in comics where they do "team building" events) However, if the characterization of dilbert and most engineers is to be believed, I think we can infer that dilbert probably doesn't have good physical stats just by virtue of how Scott Adams would want us to perceive him.

With Alice, it's hard for me to say for certain, since I have not actually seen her do all that much strenght stuff when she's not pissed. (Fist of Death, on the other hand, I have seen quite a few times)

Yeah, I would agree that PHB probably has a decent CON or at least has rolled well with his hit points since he has been shown to sustain fairly severe injuries with little effect on his person. I wonder if there's a single character within the dilbert universe who actually has the leadership feat.

Lochar
2007-11-08, 10:54 AM
I wonder if there's a single character within the dilbert universe who actually has the leadership feat.

The garbageman.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-11-08, 11:05 AM
This thread has open my eyes.

Whenever a player makes a bluff, sleight of hand or Diplomacy roll thats absurdly high, to do something that they should be unable, I shouldn't tell them that its silly.

Of course its silly! Its what Bugs Bunny would do.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-08, 11:06 AM
Dogbert probably does considering how much power he seems to have. I thought out some stats from Asok:

(At least) 3rd level Psion.

Str: 6 (needs help carrying computer moniter, but contradicted by being able to throw a breifcase several stories into a rocket).
Dex: 6 (doesn't seem to have a dominant hand).
Con: 10 (no evidence either way, but seemed able to sprint out of the way of the blast of a rocket which was taking off).
Int: at least 18 (his IQ is huge, but low level humans have a limit of 18, and I can't remember what his IQ is).
Wis: 10 (naive, but not that foolhardy).
Cha: 12 (not particularly unlikeable and polite).

Skills: seems to be focussed on Craft (Engineering) and Concentration.
Powers: While he probably wouldn't have that many levels (unless the Indian Institute of Technology was incredibly tough), being able to remove a load of asbestos from a building and making an annoying Texan's head explode would probably class as (at least) level 6 powers. Being able to only sleep on national holidays would also be a high level ability.

Feats: (probably) Skill Focus (Engineering), and possibly 2 psionic feats (impossible to tell).

Mordokai
2007-11-08, 03:09 PM
That doesn't really mean anything; beyond the class names of DnD, terms like wizard, mage, sorcerer, and the like are interchangeable. What's important is where she gets her magic from: Does she study and cast from spellbooks, or does she just pull the power from inside of her?
I don't remember Magica all that well, but I think she'd be sorceress. Probably some prestige class thrown in there...

I seem to recall from somewhere that she uses spell book, so she would be closer to wizard than sorcerer. And you're right, name of classes don't mean anything when out of D&D content. And you're probably right about the prestige class as well.

Kurald Galain
2007-11-08, 03:50 PM
I seem to recall from somewhere that she uses spell book, so she would be closer to wizard than sorcerer.

I recall seeing her a lot with a spellbook in her little hut, yes, and she apparently has decent ranks in Knowledge: Alchemy.

She knows a variant of the Fly spell that requires a broomstick as a focus; her most common spell is the foof bomb. She's been known to use polymorph, far-reaching divination spells, hypnosis, and even time travel. Pretty high level, no?

Perhaps she could be a wizard with an int of 14 or so. She's not that intelligent, after all, because most of her plans backfire (well, all of her plans, basically).

elliott20
2007-11-08, 04:31 PM
That's only because everybody has the "cartoon" template which prevents serious harm coming to anyone... an issue she never seemed to remember.

well, okay, yeah, she's also probably not that powerful of a wizard either. I mean, c'mon, when was hte last time we saw her cast Forcecage on McScrooge while she empties out his vault? huh? That's what I thought!

Mordokai
2007-11-08, 06:03 PM
She used reverse gravity. She turned a regular plate into transportation device. Pretty powerful stuff, don't you think. And besides, this is not your ordinary DnD, magic may well be very much different from what we know.

And about her mental faculties, I would almost bet she has them low across the board, with INT probably being highest, but still nothing to brag about.

Chronos
2007-11-08, 06:34 PM
While we're in Duckville, what about Launchpad McQuack, and Darkwing Duck (can't remember his secret identity). I guess Launchpad would be an Expert pilot (but really low level, and with a low score in whatever the associated ability for Piloting is), while Darkwing would be a rogue (if going by core classes), or an urban ranger.

NEO|Phyte
2007-11-08, 06:42 PM
I recall seeing her a lot with a spellbook in her little hut, yes, and she apparently has decent ranks in Knowledge: Alchemy.

She knows a variant of the Fly spell that requires a broomstick as a focus; her most common spell is the foof bomb. She's been known to use polymorph, far-reaching divination spells, hypnosis, and even time travel. Pretty high level, no?

Perhaps she could be a wizard with an int of 14 or so. She's not that intelligent, after all, because most of her plans backfire (well, all of her plans, basically).

Actually, I'm pretty sure the foof bombs were some kind of alchemical/magic item, in the form of little pellet things hidden up her sleeve. I certainly recall there being a battery-powered wrist-mounted mind control electroray gadget at one point.

Binary Stars
2007-11-08, 08:44 PM
While we're in Duckville, what about Launchpad McQuack, and Darkwing Duck (can't remember his secret identity). I guess Launchpad would be an Expert pilot (but really low level, and with a low score in whatever the associated ability for Piloting is)...

Just what I was thinking. Remember, though, that Launchpad was an excellent pilot, he just was awful at landings. :smallamused: Try having him just be really lucky, rather than skilled. :smalltongue:

Kurald Galain
2007-11-09, 02:55 AM
Try having him just be really lucky, rather than skilled. :smalltongue:

I'm thinking that for the Ducks, we really need a seventh attribute score to reflect Luck. 7 or so for Donald, 14 for lucky people like Launchpad and Scrooge, and 28 for Gladstone.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-09, 03:22 AM
Regarding Magica DeSpell, I don't know a thing about her, but could her plans bacfiring be an indication of rubbish Wisdom rather then an Intelligence deficiency? (Eg: In Order of the Stick, Nales plans are often intelligent, but the act that they are so overelaborate can cause them to go wrong, which suggests he has Wisdom as a dump stat).

The Duskblade
2007-11-09, 03:32 AM
Dogbert

Str: 4 (He's a small dog it isn't going to be impressive.)
Dex: 14 (Some skill with fire arms and able to laser a comet after afew shots)
Con: 10 (No real evidence)
Int: 20 (He is unerringly completly corect.)
Wis: 14: (See above He knows how to play on the Dilbertians stupidity.)
Cha: 25 (No explenation needed.)

Alignment: NE (Uses orphans to raise money for himself. Later Starts game where the aim is to hit the Orphan. No real respect for laws and little in the way of a code. However he is ussually prepared to help Dilbert out. If only so that Dilberts head continues to provide shade.)

Class: Expert 5/ master manipulator 10

Feats: Leadership, pursuasive, skill focus: Bluff, Skill foucus: Diplomacy, Master manipulator, Wanderers Diplomacy.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-09, 03:41 AM
I agree with Dogbert's stats apart from his strength: in the cartoon, Dilbert said he was about 2' tall which I think would be enough to put him in the "tiny" size catagory (I'd put his Str at about 4 or 5).

elliott20
2007-11-09, 10:00 AM
I would also be hesitant to give a character a high dex just because they've shown proficiency or even skill with weaponry. Don't forget, things like sports, weapon skills, dance, and such are all part of... welll.... a SKILL. And with D&D a mechanic for that exists. By virtue of being a level 10 character, you're going to be blessed with at LEAST a +5 to your BAB and be able to invest in around 13 points in a given skill. (without any other feats or augmentation) These two facts alone can easily make the character probably more competent than 90% of the people around him/her.

Winterwind
2007-11-09, 11:55 AM
A bit old, but I had to comment on this one: :smallbiggrin:

GIR from Invader Zim:

Strength: 20
Dex: 14 (he's a good dancer)
Constitution: N/A has indestructible body unless he blows himself up
Intelligence: Psychotic 12 (only he can ever know what he knows)
Wisdom: Psychotic 12 (it makes sense to him)
Charisma : Deranged 9

GIR is an 18 HD Shape Changing Construct of Unknown Metal

He has an effective class called: G<bszzt> Information Retreival Robot (i.e. a Ninja), but does so poorly at his job, nobody has any clue what he's for.

He may not attack, unless he goes even more insane (the Red Colored GIR), or if he is "sane" (by his standards) he can use an attack called "What's this do!" which allows him to find the weak spot of any item he's manipulating and destroys it out of "curiosity".Strength looks about right, possibly could be even higher (GIR can lift cars and whatnot, after all). So do Dexterity, Constitution and Intelligence. I am not quite sure about the D&D definition of Wisdom, but if I'm not mistaken just because it seems right to the character, if it is plain wrong, the character still has a terrible score, right? In that case, GIR should get the lowest score imaginable. His attention span is practically negative, for crying out loud! :smallbiggrin:
But the only point where I really disagree is Charisma. I would in fact argue GIR does possess a fair amount of Charisma: He seems to be found quite adorable by human women, if I'm not mistaken that very picture of him you got there stems from a scene where he is seen dancing with some. Maybe 16, or so?

One might also consider Ranger for him, favoured enemies: Sense and Zim's patience. :smallamused:

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-09, 02:35 PM
Wisdom covers (according to http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wisdom ): "a character’s willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition", so a short attention span and being psychotic would suggest low Wisdom.