PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Artemisia - IC Thread

Pages : [1] 2

LoneStarCowboy
2021-01-28, 12:11 AM
The guildhall of the Glitbury Merchants' Guild was bustling with activity. Merchants went from one end of the hall to another, working out deals with other merchants, preparing trips across Altesia and the other kingdoms, or other such activities. Even the few odd adventurers and mercenaries can be seen working out contracts with members of the guild. As you all enter the hall, you all have one thought on your mind: find the guildmaster, or at least, a representative of the guildmaster. He had promised anyone who took the offer of clearing the undead out of an old Augustan castrum that had been harassing merchants on the trails traveling near the castrum 600 gold pieces, as well as potential for more, if information about the haunting and how it began was uncovered. However, with how busy it seemed the guildhall was today, it might not be as easy as one might think. Nevertheless, you are determined to find the guildmaster, and begin your quest.

In a spoiler box, please state your intentions for coming here, and taking this quest, just so I have a better understanding of your motives

Ramsus
2021-01-28, 12:48 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/7c/98/81/7c98813fb17f993a1a58c97ac0b1d8ed.jpg
Zephyranthes of House Rose (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2367523)
Human Artificer
AC: 18 HP: 11/11
PP: 9 PIv: 13 PIs: 9
Conditions: --
Concentration: --

Zephyranthes entered and spent a few moments just adjusting to being in the presence of so many strangers. While she was certainly used to being around others, she wasn't entirely comfortable with people she didn't know and this place was certainly full of that. She looked around for the guildmaster or anyone who seemed like they could help point her in the right direction, but her immediate move was to just make sure she wasn't standing in people's way so that she might better avoid any unwanted attention.

Zephyranthes is here because as a member of the Knights Arcanum it's her responsibility to go out and perform her lady's works upon the world. Without constant support from other of the knightly order (unless the situation is dire enough to require it), at least for a time to prove herself. And doing such as a permanent task would be acceptable as well, though at this point in time and for her it's as much "have to" as "wants to" and she imagines she's more likely to want to spend most of her time later in life in the company of others of her order.

As for this particular quest, it was merely the first she'd heard tell of that seemed a proper fit. And if she hadn't heard of it she would have come to the guildhall to find something similar anyway.

gryffydd65
2021-01-28, 12:57 AM
Excuse me sir, I am looking for the guild master! Xander Laflamme pushed his way through the crowd looking for someone of importance. As a paladin of Pelor, it was his duty to protect the innocent and who more innocent than those living. He was also looking forward to the reward that would feed many of the poor. He used his size and his shield to help move people out of his way. I am here regarding the undead, time is of the essence. Now where is the guild master.

As you can see I put his reason in my post. I hope you don't mind.

whiteflash
2021-01-28, 06:25 AM
How am I going to find a way to offer my services to the merchants, when there are so many other people with business here?

"Excuse me sir, I am looking for the Guildmaster!", exclaimed an armored man.

Promising?

The armored man started shoving people out of the way. "I am here regarding the undead, time is of the essence. Now where is the Guildmaster."

I mean, that's not reassuring, but I guess I'd rather face undead with company than the Thieves Guild alone...

He started walking towards the armored man. "You said something about undead?"

Jean recently ticked off the city's thieves guild. His plan is to avoid them.

Short term, he wants to leave Giltbury for a while in the company of scary armed people. Long term, he's hoping to join an adventuring company or other group of dangerous individuals who spend long periods of time outside of Giltbury. The idea is to put distance between himself and his enemies, while also improving his combat skills.

He also wants to make friends outside his guild, hoping to leverage the social capital he gains for lucrative business opportunities.

Grimaximus
2021-01-28, 12:45 PM
Grimarakas is sitting against one of the walls of the guild hall with his cloak up just listening and watching for any interesting information. When he sees the large armored figure walking in and asking about undead and demanding to see the Guildmaster. This perks his interest and he moves closer carefully

is here to find work and adventure. To try out his newly acquired skills. Also any information and experience that can help him work toward his own goals, and undead would fit in line with that.

Luccan
2021-01-28, 03:08 PM
A Half-Orc woman with the symbol of Nuada Aergethlam around her neck scans the crowd for anyone who looks like a ranking Guild official. Word had reached her of undead harassing merchant caravans not long ago and, despite her reasons for being in the city, she could not wait while unholy monsters attacked innocents. The arrival of the loud armored man attracts her attention. He looked ready to fight when the need arrised and so she elected to follow after him, since they had the same intent for the undead anyway.

Katherine Demiorque has come to Glitbury to meet her mentor Nicolas after a year apart. She received a letter asking for her, but has yet to find him in the city. He wasn't specific about his summons, but the pressing news of undead has drawn her to do her work as a follower of Nuada and protect others.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-01-28, 04:13 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes entered and spent a few moments just adjusting to being in the presence of so many strangers. While she was certainly used to being around others, she wasn't entirely comfortable with people she didn't know and this place was certainly full of that. She looked around for the guildmaster or anyone who seemed like they could help point her in the right direction, but her immediate move was to just make sure she wasn't standing in people's way so that she might better avoid any unwanted attention.

Zephyranthes is here because as a member of the Knights Arcanum it's her responsibility to go out and perform her lady's works upon the world. Without constant support from other of the knightly order (unless the situation is dire enough to require it), at least for a time to prove herself. And doing such as a permanent task would be acceptable as well, though at this point in time and for her it's as much "have to" as "wants to" and she imagines she's more likely to want to spend most of her time later in life in the company of others of her order.

As for this particular quest, it was merely the first she'd heard tell of that seemed a proper fit. And if she hadn't heard of it she would have come to the guildhall to find something similar anyway.

Excuse me sir, I am looking for the guild master! Xander Laflamme pushed his way through the crowd looking for someone of importance. As a paladin of Pelor, it was his duty to protect the innocent and who more innocent than those living. He was also looking forward to the reward that would feed many of the poor. He used his size and his shield to help move people out of his way. I am here regarding the undead, time is of the essence. Now where is the guild master.

As you can see I put his reason in my post. I hope you don't mind.

How am I going to find a way to offer my services to the merchants, when there are so many other people with business here?

"Excuse me sir, I am looking for the Guildmaster!", exclaimed an armored man.

Promising?

The armored man started shoving people out of the way. "I am here regarding the undead, time is of the essence. Now where is the Guildmaster."

I mean, that's not reassuring, but I guess I'd rather face undead with company than the Thieves Guild alone...

He started walking towards the armored man. "You said something about undead?"

Jean recently ticked off the city's thieves guild. His plan is to avoid them.

Short term, he wants to leave Giltbury for a while in the company of scary armed people. Long term, he's hoping to join an adventuring company or other group of dangerous individuals who spend long periods of time outside of Giltbury. The idea is to put distance between himself and his enemies, while also improving his combat skills.

He also wants to make friends outside his guild, hoping to leverage the social capital he gains for lucrative business opportunities.

Grimarakas is sitting against one of the walls of the guild hall with his cloak up just listening and watching for any interesting information. When he sees the large armored figure walking in and asking about undead and demanding to see the Guildmaster. This perks his interest and he moves closer carefully

is here to find work and adventure. To try out his newly acquired skills. Also any information and experience that can help him work toward his own goals, and undead would fit in line with that.

A Half-Orc woman with the symbol of Nuada Aergethlam around her neck scans the crowd for anyone who looks like a ranking Guild official. Word had reached her of undead harassing merchant caravans not long ago and, despite her reasons for being in the city, she could not wait while unholy monsters attacked innocents. The arrival of the loud armored man attracts her attention. He looked ready to fight when the need arrised and so she elected to follow after him, since they had the same intent for the undead anyway.

Katherine Demiorque has come to Glitbury to meet her mentor Nicolas after a year apart. She received a letter asking for her, but has yet to find him in the city. He wasn't specific about his summons, but the pressing news of undead has drawn her to do her work as a follower of Nuada and protect others.

Xander draws the ire of some of the merchants in the guildhall, who give him a look of contempt and irritation, before going back to what they were doing. However, a woman walks toward the paladin, and all your eyes are drawn on her. Her platinum hair, and near-black skin give her away as a drow, yet she walks with an air of authority, almost appraising Xander as she does so. At last, she speaks, "If you're looking for the guildmaster, I'm afraid he's out negotiating with Masharetic merchants requesting business in the city. I'm acting in his place, while he does so. You were asking about the new contract?" She looks around the hall, noticing the other four adventurers standing around. "I presume you all are here for the contract?"

Luccan
2021-01-28, 04:29 PM
Katherine nods to the drow I am indeed. The undead scourge must be brought down She looks to the others and smiles Pleasure to meet you all

Grimaximus
2021-01-28, 05:04 PM
Grimarakas stays silent close by to see what will transpire, interested but wary, waiting to see how this conversation plays out.

[Got an 18 for stealth, not sure how that works in this format]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-01-28, 05:07 PM
Grimarakas stays silent close by to see what will transpire, interested but wary, waiting to see how this conversation plays out.

OOC: I'll say for this that the drow woman already noticed you. She beckoned you to come closer, as with the other four adventurers loitering around

whiteflash
2021-01-28, 05:11 PM
Jean steps forward. "I'm here regarding some kind of work. I barely care what."

Ramsus
2021-01-28, 05:28 PM
Human Artificer

"Oh!" Zephyranthes let's out, a little startled at being immediately called out. Then she steps closer and says, "Yes, that is correct. I am Zephyranthes of House Rose, of Our Lady of the Dawn's Most Beatific Order of Knights Arcane. And you are...?" she trails off, waiting for the drow's introduction.

gryffydd65
2021-01-28, 09:19 PM
Xander bowed towards the lady. I am here to serve, Evil must not be allowed to thrive and hurt the good people. Give me directions and I will take care of this matter.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-01-28, 10:14 PM
Katherine nods to the drow I am indeed. The undead scourge must be brought down She looks to the others and smiles Pleasure to meet you all

Jean steps forward. "I'm here regarding some kind of work. I barely care what."

Human Artificer

"Oh!" Zephyranthes let's out, a little startled at being immediately called out. Then she steps closer and says, "Yes, that is correct. I am Zephyranthes of House Rose, of Our Lady of the Dawn's Most Beatific Order of Knights Arcane. And you are...?" she trails off, waiting for the drow's introduction.

Xander bowed towards the lady. I am here to serve, Evil must not be allowed to thrive and hurt the good people. Give me directions and I will take care of this matter.
"Whoa, there, Sir Knight. First, we must agree to the contract, and I believe that there are four others here, also interested in such a contract. I believe we must discuss how they fit into matters, no?" The drow woman turned to the rest of the group, a charming smile on her face. "My apologies for not introducing myself earlier. I am in Adeleisa Dubost, Master merchant and associate of Master Michiel Bruneau. Come with me, where we can discuss these details more personally." Adeleisa then turned to Zephyranthes, regarding her appraisingly. "Also, I heard you say you are a Knight Arcanum. I'd like to point out to both you and the Knight next to me that you'll both get no special treatment by the merchants here. Come along now." She walked off towards a stone staircase, expecting the five to follow them.

Ramsus
2021-01-29, 01:12 AM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes follows along, but makes a face at being told she wasn't going to receive "special treatment", which probably just meant proper respect, when she'd done nothing but politely introduce herself.

gryffydd65
2021-01-29, 01:57 AM
Xander follows up the stairs , he glances back at the other adventurers. He hoped they would be competent as they looked.

Grimaximus
2021-01-29, 10:06 AM
Grimarakas follows to the back of the group quietly.

whiteflash
2021-01-29, 11:14 AM
Jean forces himself not to openly grin when the knight in front of him is not shown the deference that is generally considered their due. He follows at the rear of the group.

Luccan
2021-01-29, 11:16 AM
Katherine shrugs and follows their potential employer up the stairs

LoneStarCowboy
2021-01-29, 07:34 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes follows along, but makes a face at being told she wasn't going to receive "special treatment", which probably just meant proper respect, when she'd done nothing but politely introduce herself.

Xander follows up the stairs , he glances back at the other adventurers. He hoped they would be competent as they looked.

Grimarakas follows to the back of the group quietly.

Jean forces himself not to openly grin when the knight in front of him is not shown the deference that is generally considered their due. He follows at the rear of the group.

Katherine shrugs and follows their potential employer up the stairs

Adeleisa led the quintet down a stone hallway with deeply-vaulting ceilings, and through a set of wooden doors, into a fairly quaint office. She ruffled through some paper documents on a desk sitting in the far end of the room, before finding a rolled up piece of paper, and unrolling it, where she laid it out on the desk in front of her. "Come, the details of the contract are in this document. When you have finished reading, and of course, agree to the terms, sign your name at the bottom, as best you can." She breathed, before continuing, her appraising and authoritative air seeming to fade into a more casual one. "And apologies for before, but this job requires a certain amount of uh... 'professionalism', especially in front of other guild members."

Ramsus
2021-01-29, 07:41 PM
Human Artificer

"Of course." Zephyranthes replies in a very even and neutral way, then she begins reading the contract carefully.

Grimaximus
2021-01-29, 10:27 PM
“Let those of us who need the work take a look, you can go pray about it while you sleep on your cushy ancestors money bags”
Grabs at the contract with his second pair of arms and starts to read it.

gryffydd65
2021-01-30, 02:07 AM
Xander waited his turn and then signed on the scroll. He looked at the other newcomers. When each one had signed he looked at them and held his arm out in a warrior's embrace. I am Xander Laflamme Paladin of Pelor.

Luccan
2021-01-30, 02:38 AM
“Let those of us who need the work take a look, you can go pray about it while you sleep on your cushy ancestors money bags”

Katherine stops smiling and gives the tiefling a hard look No need to be rude. We're all going to be working together, you know. She turns to the knight and returns his grip Katherine Demiorque, Cleric of Nuada Aergethlam.

whiteflash
2021-01-30, 08:06 AM
"Jean Bijoutier. A pleasure."

Jean takes the contract, reads it over to make sure he's not signing something that relegates him to slavery, and then signs it if it's at all acceptable.

Grimaximus
2021-01-30, 09:50 AM
“Havok, knight of the let’s get down to business”

Only signs after everyone else has signed

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-01, 01:02 AM
Human Artificer

"Of course." Zephyranthes replies in a very even and neutral way, then she begins reading the contract carefully.

Xander waited his turn and then signed on the scroll. He looked at the other newcomers. When each one had signed he looked at them and held his arm out in a warrior's embrace. I am Xander Laflamme Paladin of Pelor.

Katherine stops smiling and gives the tiefling a hard look No need to be rude. We're all going to be working together, you know. She turns to the knight and returns his grip Katherine Demiorque, Cleric of Nuada Aergethlam.

"Jean Bijoutier. A pleasure."

Jean takes the contract, reads it over to make sure he's not signing something that relegates him to slavery, and then signs it if it's at all acceptable.

“Havok, knight of the let’s get down to business”

Only signs after everyone else has signed

The contract was a standard bounty contract. It detailed the quarry, in this case, the unquantified amount of undead haunting the old Augustan castrum of Lincium, which, upon completion, would yield the contractors 600 gold pieces, which would be obtained upon the presentation of some form of proof, the document even stating that a hand of a zombie, or an old Augustan artifact, condition notwithstanding, would be good examples of proof. At the bottom was a long dotted line for multiple signatures. "Take your time and read every bit of it. We're putting more trust in you than you think," Adeleise commented, passing a quill pen and inkpot to Zephyranthes.

Printed in large letters are the terms of the contract, spread out so as to fill the page, with the seal of the Merchant's Guild printed on one side of the page. It states,

"Ordered and paid in advance by the guildmaster Michiel Bruneau, the client, this contract, binding in honor of the elements, set upon the agreed contractors of the Merchants' Guild of Glitbury the task of locating and the completion of the below listed objective. This contract is good for two weeks, and should the contract not be fulfilled within that time period, all payments are rendered null and void, and the contractors may not take more contracts with the Merchants' Guild within the current and next month, outside of the Guildmaster's willful forgiveness. The objective has been approved for completion by the Guildmaster Michiel Bruneau. The objective: ending the haunting of the old Augustan castrum of Lincium, the returning of proof thereof. Fee to be due upon completion: 600 gold livres, with potential for more at the Guildmaster's discretion for whatever he deems necessary. The Guildmaster wishes to note to the contractors that the returning of old relics or zombified remains from the objective are more than enough proof of completion."

At the bottom, Adeleisa has signed her name, with the title of "Acting Guildmaster" beneath it.

Ramsus
2021-02-01, 03:23 AM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes doesn't immediately respond to Havok's rudeness, merely giving a polite nod to each person as they introduce themselves in turn. Only after finishing reading the contract and singing it, and waiting for the others to do so, she turns to him and says, "Please do not claim titles you have not earned. In jest it is disrespectful of those of us who have put in the effort to earn them and attempt of deceit may be a punishable offense."

gryffydd65
2021-02-01, 08:42 AM
Xander Laflamme looked over the contract and signed it. Xander Laflamme Paladin of Pelor he smiled when he heard the comment by the knight.

whiteflash
2021-02-01, 08:50 AM
Jean was a bit nervous about the fact that he didn't know how many undead were out there... but he looked at the knights and the four-armed barbarian. "Yeah. I think between us, we can do this thing."

Once he signed, he turned to the drow. "This may not be my place to ask, so if you tell me to stop prying I will, but... Acting Guildmaster? Most of the contract refers to a man who's actually holding the office."

Luccan
2021-02-01, 10:43 AM
Katherine reads and signs the contract The castrum, about how many days travel is it from here?

Grimaximus
2021-02-01, 11:53 AM
Havok rolls his eyes discreetly at the knights comment. "Not a lot of Joke telling in all those years of "hard work" sweet heart. Titles in and of themselves don't measure the worth of a person, some of us have trained, studied, and dedicated our lives to a purpose without need for recognition. Let's go re-kill some undead." Crosses both sets of arms and leans against the wall, unconcerned with the guild leadership situation just waiting for action and payment

whiteflash
2021-02-01, 03:50 PM
Jean tries to intercede. "Look, Havok, I think you're taking this a bit far. But yeah. Focusing on re-killing some undead sounds great. We can all agree on that, right?"

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-02, 10:19 AM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes doesn't immediately respond to Havok's rudeness, merely giving a polite nod to each person as they introduce themselves in turn. Only after finishing reading the contract and singing it, and waiting for the others to do so, she turns to him and says, "Please do not claim titles you have not earned. In jest it is disrespectful of those of us who have put in the effort to earn them and attempt of deceit may be a punishable offense."

Xander Laflamme looked over the contract and signed it. Xander Laflamme Paladin of Pelor he smiled when he heard the comment by the knight.

Jean was a bit nervous about the fact that he didn't know how many undead were out there... but he looked at the knights and the four-armed barbarian. "Yeah. I think between us, we can do this thing."

Once he signed, he turned to the drow. "This may not be my place to ask, so if you tell me to stop prying I will, but... Acting Guildmaster? Most of the contract refers to a man who's actually holding the office."

Katherine reads and signs the contract The castrum, about how many days travel is it from here?

Havok rolls his eyes discreetly at the knights comment. "Not a lot of Joke telling in all those years of "hard work" sweet heart. Titles in and of themselves don't measure the worth of a person, some of us have trained, studied, and dedicated our lives to a purpose without need for recognition. Let's go re-kill some undead." Crosses both sets of arms and leans against the wall, unconcerned with the guild leadership situation just waiting for action and payment

Jean tries to intercede. "Look, Havok, I think you're taking this a bit far. But yeah. Focusing on re-killing some undead sounds great. We can all agree on that, right?"

Adeleisa watched the little spat quietly, before answering any questions. "Now, with that out of the way. You had answers, yes?" She turned to Jean. "As the actual Guildmaster, that being the client Michiel Bruneau, is currently away and unable to attend to his duties, it falls to me to act in his stead as Acting Guildmaster. I'm not currently the Guildmaster, but rather, a representative of him in his absence." She then turned to Katherine, who had asked the next question. "I believe it was stated in your contract that you were to locate the objective yourselves. It doesn't fall on me to tell you. However, I may not say, but there are others within this guild, or even this city, who would be inclined to tell you."

Grimaximus
2021-02-02, 11:22 AM
"Well lets get started then. Any of you lot familiar with this place? or should you all start asking around downstairs?, they havent been to keen on my presence down there. If we have no luck down with that snobby bunch I can reach out to some folks on the edges of town that I ran into coming in to this town."

Ramsus
2021-02-02, 01:43 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes blinks in surprise for a moment and then comments, "I did not expect 'locate' to be quite so literal on the list of our objectives. A strange system, I would think the priority of everyone involved would be to assure quests actually gets completed rather than to introduce further unnecessary complications into the world that might result in people dying." There's just a hint of judgment in her tone like she's holding back from just saying 'this is stupid and immoral'

"As you say Havok." Zephyranthes barely avoids rolling her eyes at just the name, "It seems your presence would be a detriment. Let the rest of us go see if others here are inclined to point us in the right direction." She does not specify if she means Havok's presence would be a detriment in this situation or just in the more broad sense.

I'm going to make a History check to see if Zephyranthes just off-hand knows where the old Augustan castrum of Lincium is. Or at least Lincium. If so I'll edit this post, so let me know in the discord.

History: [roll0]

As it happened she knew, vaguely, where Lincium was and knew she could probably find it without help, and even some of the history behind it. But since this was apparently a part of how this guild operates, this was the ideal situation to determine how helpful other guild members were likely to be in the future. And she wanted to see how the rest of her new companions behaved. Havok's behavior had rather overshadowed everyone else's.

gryffydd65
2021-02-02, 09:27 PM
Xander Laflamme checked his equipment. Maybe we can rent horses or see if a merchant will take us on. I would rather spend an hour looking for a ride then walking the whole way.

Luccan
2021-02-02, 09:45 PM
Katherine shrugs and says Let's ask downstairs and see if anyone has an idea of where Lincium is. Also, I don't think I have the money for a horse. She heads down stairs, her pack clattering obviously against the shield she has slung across it. It sounds a bit metallic, indicating she tucked her armor away while in town. Once downstairs again, she looks for someone who looks less busy and approaches them Excuse me. Do you happen to know the location of the old Augustan castrum, Lincium, by chance? We've been tasked with dispatching the monsters who've been giving your guild such trouble. She gives a pleasant smile as she speaks.

[roll0]

whiteflash
2021-02-04, 12:30 AM
Jean follows Zephyr and Katherine down the stairs.

Now, one of these people should know where to find that ruin we're meant to clean out...

He sees Katherine talking to one of the functionaries. That woman is smooth. She should be a merchant herself.

Jean elects to stay silent and watch the master at work.

Grimaximus
2021-02-05, 09:35 AM
After most of the others go down stairs to make their quarries Havok leans forward.

"Pardon Lady Adelasia, but I was wondering. You are a Drow are you not? Your kind is as welcome around here as mine and yet you have found your way to second in command, and current acting leader of a prestigious Guild. I mean no disrespect, but only wonder how you were able to accomplish this?"

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-05, 01:34 PM
"Well lets get started then. Any of you lot familiar with this place? or should you all start asking around downstairs?, they havent been to keen on my presence down there. If we have no luck down with that snobby bunch I can reach out to some folks on the edges of town that I ran into coming in to this town."

Human Artificer

Zephyranthes blinks in surprise for a moment and then comments, "I did not expect 'locate' to be quite so literal on the list of our objectives. A strange system, I would think the priority of everyone involved would be to assure quests actually gets completed rather than to introduce further unnecessary complications into the world that might result in people dying." There's just a hint of judgment in her tone like she's holding back from just saying 'this is stupid and immoral'

"As you say Havok." Zephyranthes barely avoids rolling her eyes at just the name, "It seems your presence would be a detriment. Let the rest of us go see if others here are inclined to point us in the right direction." She does not specify if she means Havok's presence would be a detriment in this situation or just in the more broad sense.

I'm going to make a History check to see if Zephyranthes just off-hand knows where the old Augustan castrum of Lincium is. Or at least Lincium. If so I'll edit this post, so let me know in the discord.

History: [roll0]

As it happened she knew, vaguely, where Lincium was and knew she could probably find it without help, and even some of the history behind it. But since this was apparently a part of how this guild operates, this was the ideal situation to determine how helpful other guild members were likely to be in the future. And she wanted to see how the rest of her new companions behaved. Havok's behavior had rather overshadowed everyone else's.

Xander Laflamme checked his equipment. Maybe we can rent horses or see if a merchant will take us on. I would rather spend an hour looking for a ride then walking the whole way.

Katherine shrugs and says Let's ask downstairs and see if anyone has an idea of where Lincium is. Also, I don't think I have the money for a horse. She heads down stairs, her pack clattering obviously against the shield she has slung across it. It sounds a bit metallic, indicating she tucked her armor away while in town. Once downstairs again, she looks for someone who looks less busy and approaches them Excuse me. Do you happen to know the location of the old Augustan castrum, Lincium, by chance? We've been tasked with dispatching the monsters who've been giving your guild such trouble. She gives a pleasant smile as she speaks.

[roll0]

Jean follows Zephyr and Katherine down the stairs.

Now, one of these people should know where to find that ruin we're meant to clean out...

He sees Katherine talking to one of the functionaries. That woman is smooth. She should be a merchant herself.

Jean elects to stay silent and watch the master at work.
The merchant smiled warmly. "Yes, I know where Lincium is. Do you have a map? I'm going to mark it on the map, if it's large enough. If not, I can get one, and mark it there."

After most of the others go down stairs to make their quarries Havok leans forward.

"Pardon Lady Adelasia, but I was wondering. You are a Drow are you not? Your kind is as welcome around here as mine and yet you have found your way to second in command, and current acting leader of a prestigious Guild. I mean no disrespect, but only wonder how you were able to accomplish this?"
Adeleisa looked amused, as if this wasn't the first time she received such a question. "Because I was not raised by the Drow. For one reason or another, my birth parents decided I wasn't worth the trouble of raising, and took me to the surface, for some surface-dweller to find. Sure enough, I was found by some human merchants, and they adopted me, despite the fact that they knew I was a Drow. Because of this, I was raised in the surface world, and worked my way up to here. Frankly, if any "real" Drow met me, they'd despise me because I wasn't raised in their society, and I haven't sworn loyalty to their precious Spider Queen."

Luccan
2021-02-06, 03:44 PM
Katherine hands the merchant her map Thank you. Hopefully we can take care of this quickly.

Ramsus
2021-02-08, 12:41 AM
Human Artificer

Noticing that Katherine had managed to already get the answer they needed she comes closer and says, "I suppose someone should go tell....Havok we know where we're going and, I presume we're ready to head out?" There's a pause as she says the name, because she paused to mentally roll her eyes again. And then there's a pause after she speaks as she's hoping someone else volunteers for the task.

This assumes the merchant actually marked a spot she thinks is correct based on what she knows.

Grimaximus
2021-02-08, 09:58 AM
"Much respect M'lady, It seems as though we have more in common than I imagined. I can only hope that in the future I can be accepted and respected as you have. I look forward to speaking with you more in the future."

Havok anxiously awaits his new companions return as he is still uncomfortable in this place, though less so now, and is ready to go on this mission.

whiteflash
2021-02-08, 05:01 PM
Jean nods. "I can do it."

He walks back up the stairs. "Havok? We think we've found a lead. Are you ready to get started?"

gryffydd65
2021-02-08, 06:50 PM
Xander looked around the room at all the merchants. Excuse me, my fellow warriors and I are trying to get to Lincium and was wondering if anyone need guards in return for transportation.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-08, 10:52 PM
Katherine hands the merchant her map Thank you. Hopefully we can take care of this quickly.

Human Artificer

Noticing that Katherine had managed to already get the answer they needed she comes closer and says, "I suppose someone should go tell....Havok we know where we're going and, I presume we're ready to head out?" There's a pause as she says the name, because she paused to mentally roll her eyes again. And then there's a pause after she speaks as she's hoping someone else volunteers for the task.

This assumes the merchant actually marked a spot she thinks is correct based on what she knows.

"Much respect M'lady, It seems as though we have more in common than I imagined. I can only hope that in the future I can be accepted and respected as you have. I look forward to speaking with you more in the future."

Havok anxiously awaits his new companions return as he is still uncomfortable in this place, though less so now, and is ready to go on this mission.

Jean nods. "I can do it."

He walks back up the stairs. "Havok? We think we've found a lead. Are you ready to get started?"

Xander looked around the room at all the merchants. Excuse me, my fellow warriors and I are trying to get to Lincium and was wondering if anyone need guards in return for transportation.

The party assembled in the common room, as they pored over the location the merchant had marked on their map. As luck would have it, it wasn't very far from Glitbury. One could determine that the group would make it just before dusk if they left now, and walked there on foot. Meanwhile, a young-looking merchant perked up upon hearing Xander's request/offer. "Oh, you're adventurers! Thank the Gods! I've been meaning to transports some textiles to the royal capital of Roallon, and was about to put an offer up for guarding the caravan. The trip should go by your destination, so why don't you join me, at least for the stretch to that castle or whatever?"

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/731604771395600586/808545348980965406/InkedArtemisia_LI.jpg

gryffydd65
2021-02-09, 12:03 AM
Thank you, I can't speak for the others but I accept your offer. Xander said to the merchant. Will the rest of you join me.

Ramsus
2021-02-09, 12:06 AM
Human Artificer

"I would be happy to provide protection to those traveling the roads for as long as our paths remain the same." Zephyranthes replies with a nod.

Luccan
2021-02-09, 12:13 AM
Katherine nods in agreement Indeed. Let's see to the safe passage of this caravan until we must delve into the castrum.

whiteflash
2021-02-09, 01:01 AM
Jean nods. "It's a good deal for everyone, right?"

Grimaximus
2021-02-09, 09:40 AM
"If you have the gold, you also have my sword. But we should be on our way quickly"

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-09, 05:19 PM
Thank you, I can't speak for the others but I accept your offer. Xander said to the merchant. Will the rest of you join me.

Human Artificer

"I would be happy to provide protection to those traveling the roads for as long as our paths remain the same." Zephyranthes replies with a nod.

Katherine nods in agreement Indeed. Let's see to the safe passage of this caravan until we must delve into the castrum.

Jean nods. "It's a good deal for everyone, right?"

"If you have the gold, you also have my sword. But we should be on our way quickly"

"Oh, thank you! Thank you!" The merchant shuffled through his area, grabbing a bag, and a belt with a mace and dagger. It was clear that from the weapons he was carrying, he still meant to defend himself and his caravan, with or without guards. "Give me a moment to set up my caravan, and let my business partners know. We'll be off before you know it!"

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-11, 03:28 PM
Eventually, the man returned. "We're all set. Come with me to the northern gate to the city. That's where my caravan is stationed. When we get there, we can head off."

whiteflash
2021-02-11, 04:26 PM
Jean nods. "So, does that mean we're ready to go?"

Luccan
2021-02-11, 04:30 PM
Eventually, the man returned. "We're all set. Come with me to the northern gate to the city. That's where my caravan is stationed. When we get there, we can head off."

Excellent! Let's be off as they walk Katherine mentions to the merchant I don't believe I caught your name. I am Katherine

Grimaximus
2021-02-11, 05:28 PM
I follow along keeping an eye on our new merchant patron and on our surroundings as we head out of town.

Grimaximus
2021-02-12, 10:55 AM
perception
[roll0]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-13, 12:49 AM
Jean nods. "So, does that mean we're ready to go?"

Excellent! Let's be off as they walk Katherine mentions to the merchant I don't believe I caught your name. I am Katherine

I follow along keeping an eye on our new merchant patron and on our surroundings as we head out of town.

perception
[roll0]

"Yes, indeed. Let us be off!" the merchant started walking, and you soon follow him. The merchant turned as Katherine introduced herself. "Well, met, madam. I am Jacques, a pleasure to meet you."

As you look around, you seem to feel, but not exactly see, someone or something follow you. You don't get the feeling that this "presence" is hostile, but you just can't shake the feeling that you're being watched

Ramsus
2021-02-13, 01:04 AM
Human Artificer

Following after Jacques, Zephyranthes introduces herself, "Zephyranthes of House Rose, of Our Lady of the Dawn's Most Beatific Order of Knights Arcane, at your service Mr. Jacques." There isn't quite a smile to go with the words, but she does give a polite nod at least.

whiteflash
2021-02-13, 01:21 AM
Jean nods too. "Jean Bijoutier. A pleasure."

gryffydd65
2021-02-13, 11:50 AM
I am a humble servant of Pelor, Xander Laflamme. Thank you for this opportunity. Xansays holding his hand out.

Grimaximus
2021-02-15, 01:59 PM
"Havok, just Havok. Let's get a move on"

Continues to keep watch near the rear of the party.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-17, 01:34 AM
Jean nods too. "Jean Bijoutier. A pleasure."

I am a humble servant of Pelor, Xander Laflamme. Thank you for this opportunity. Xansays holding his hand out.

"Havok, just Havok. Let's get a move on"

Continues to keep watch near the rear of the party.

Human Artificer

Following after Jacques, Zephyranthes introduces herself, "Zephyranthes of House Rose, of Our Lady of the Dawn's Most Beatific Order of Knights Arcane, at your service Mr. Jacques." There isn't quite a smile to go with the words, but she does give a polite nod at least.

The group passed through the northern part of the city eventlessly, as Jacques led them through long and winding streets to the north gate. However, Grim still can't shake the feeling that he's being followed.

You see a shadow move between the alleys, and it inches forward, where you see a humanoid figure in a cloak inch out into the light. He beckons you to come closer, and you cautiously do so. "Hey, I know you're going to that old fort. And before you shove your sword into my gullet, hear me out. Call it free advice, but there's more to that place than you'd expect going on at that fort. Keep your eyes open." And with that, the cryptic man disappears into the shadows, leaving you confused, and having to catch up with the rest of the group.

Grimaximus
2021-02-17, 10:13 AM
Insight
[roll0]

Then quietly rejoins the rear of the group staying alert and contemplating the warning.

Luccan
2021-02-17, 10:29 PM
I suppose it might make sense to acquaint each other with our skills. I'm a fair hand with my mace and spear, but I'm also blessed by Nuada Aergethlam to perform magic to help protect the people of this land.

whiteflash
2021-02-17, 10:53 PM
Jean nods. "That could be useful. For myself, I'm pretty good with a rapier or a shortbow... but where I really expect to be useful is disarming traps and quietly scouting ahead for danger."

Ramsus
2021-02-17, 11:01 PM
Human Artificer

"My skills lie more with scholarly knowledge and the use of tools. I am capable of using some magic and my preferred weapon is a dagger. I am working on something that I hope will enhance my usefulness in combat, but it may be some time before I am finished." Zephyranthes says, not mentioning that she's capable of fighting in armor since she's clearly wearing it at the moment.

gryffydd65
2021-02-17, 11:19 PM
I am a paladin capable of fighting with sword and shield. Xander says looking at the others. Well met. May we watch each other's back. I too have limited healing.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-25, 04:19 PM
Insight
[roll0]

Then quietly rejoins the rear of the group staying alert and contemplating the warning.

I suppose it might make sense to acquaint each other with our skills. I'm a fair hand with my mace and spear, but I'm also blessed by Nuada Aergethlam to perform magic to help protect the people of this land.

Jean nods. "That could be useful. For myself, I'm pretty good with a rapier or a shortbow... but where I really expect to be useful is disarming traps and quietly scouting ahead for danger."

Human Artificer

"My skills lie more with scholarly knowledge and the use of tools. I am capable of using some magic and my preferred weapon is a dagger. I am working on something that I hope will enhance my usefulness in combat, but it may be some time before I am finished." Zephyranthes says, not mentioning that she's capable of fighting in armor since she's clearly wearing it at the moment.

I am a paladin capable of fighting with sword and shield. Xander says looking at the others. Well met. May we watch each other's back. I too have limited healing.

As you talked, the merchant led you through the north gate, where a group of horses and carts are together, the merchant's caravan. "Well, we're all here. We set off as soon as you're all mounted." A stable boy walked towards the group, leading 5 horses by their reins to the group. "My gifts to you. Feel free to keep them even after we separate. You would probably want them, as adventurers." The stable boy dropped the reins, and went back to his duties, and the five horses calmly watch the group. None of them are anywhere close to a courser* or a destrier**, but they're capable enough rounceys***, and should serve you well.

*Coursers are light, fast warhorses favored by lighter men-at-arms for speed on the battlefield, although they were often ridden by heavy knights and men-at-arms instead of the below because of the smaller cost of coursers. They are well-known for their straight, fast gait
**Destriers are heavy, strong warhorses favored by knights and heavier men-at-arms for their ability to stand up to hits, and to charge through enemy lines. Highly prized, and highly expensive
***Rounceys are all-around horses that can be used in war, but often served as basic pack horses or riding horses. Reliable, and essentially the jack-of-all-trades of medieval horses

whiteflash
2021-02-25, 04:35 PM
"That's... really generous of you. Thanks."

Jean calmly approaches the horses, making sure not to make any sudden moves.

Ramsus
2021-02-25, 06:00 PM
Human Artificer

"A most generous gift. Thank you." Zephyranthes says and then looks over the horses, trying to find the most gentle natured one as she was never the greatest of riders.

gryffydd65
2021-02-26, 04:16 PM
Xander Laflamme looked over the horses and took the one with the most spirit. There, there we are going to be good friends.

Grimaximus
2021-02-27, 05:35 PM
Havok chooses the next available steed, takes a moment to get acquainted. Mounts up, “this will do nicely. Let’s be on our way”

Luccan
2021-02-27, 06:38 PM
Katherine takes a horse, petting its mane to get it used to her contact before mounting This is very kind of you. We'll take good care of them. She slings her spear over her shoulder as they ride, staying far enough away from the others to not accidentally poke them with it.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-02-28, 02:54 PM
"That's... really generous of you. Thanks."

Jean calmly approaches the horses, making sure not to make any sudden moves.

Human Artificer

"A most generous gift. Thank you." Zephyranthes says and then looks over the horses, trying to find the most gentle natured one as she was never the greatest of riders.

Xander Laflamme looked over the horses and took the one with the most spirit. There, there we are going to be good friends.

Havok chooses the next available steed, takes a moment to get acquainted. Mounts up, “this will do nicely. Let’s be on our way”

Katherine takes a horse, petting its mane to get it used to her contact before mounting This is very kind of you. We'll take good care of them. She slings her spear over her shoulder as they ride, staying far enough away from the others to not accidentally poke them with it.

As you all chose your horses, the caravan started to move, riding out from the stables, due northward, along an old cobblestone path. Soon, you find yourself out in the countryside, following along with the caravan.

Tell me your position within the caravan. For reference, there are five main carts in the caravan, and you are all riding beside it, whether that be to the left of a certain cart, or to the right. Jacques rides up front, and the rest of the carts are behind him

gryffydd65
2021-02-28, 03:17 PM
Xander Laflamme pulls his horse along side the second cart on the left side where he keeps his shield so that he can protect the driver easily.

Grimaximus
2021-02-28, 04:12 PM
Havok pulls his steed to the left of the caravan, keeping pace with the 4th cart. Holding the reigns with his lower arms, shield and sword at the ready in the top two. Keeping his head on a swivel watching the woods and the rear for any signs of trouble.

whiteflash
2021-03-01, 03:33 AM
Jean pulls up to the right of the caravan and keeps pace with the third cart, trying to watch to the sides. He switches between looking left and looking right at random but frequent intervals.

Luccan
2021-03-04, 02:40 PM
Katherine takes the right hand side of the caravan, levelling her spear into a ready position as they leave the city behind.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-05, 08:24 PM
Xander Laflamme pulls his horse along side the second cart on the left side where he keeps his shield so that he can protect the driver easily.

Havok pulls his steed to the left of the caravan, keeping pace with the 4th cart. Holding the reigns with his lower arms, shield and sword at the ready in the top two. Keeping his head on a swivel watching the woods and the rear for any signs of trouble.

Jean pulls up to the right of the caravan and keeps pace with the third cart, trying to watch to the sides. He switches between looking left and looking right at random but frequent intervals.

Katherine takes the right hand side of the caravan, levelling her spear into a ready position as they leave the city behind.

You all followed along with the caravan, keeping pace with it as it winded through the Altesian countryside. Most of the way, all you see are farmlands, forests, and open plains, although a few farmsteads are burned out, reminders of the dangers posed by living out here. You continued on, moving at a steady pace, until you reached a fork, one path made of Augustan stone, the other made of dirt. The caravan turned onto the dirt path, which winded near a forest. A small-ish cliff face added flair to the otherwise flat land. As you came up upon the cliff, however, a human man was spotted, in a rough smattering of padded armor, a flanged mace at his side. As you got closer, you could see that he's grinning, eyeing the carts that are no doubt filled with valuable goods. "We got one, lads! Up and at 'em!" he yelled. All of a sudden, four more men in rough armor appeared, each one carrying shortbows, two on the cliff face to the caravan's right, and two in the woods to the caravan's left. The leader of these bandits drew his mace.

Everyone, roll initiative!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/539979353832816641/817528661397471323/Halfway-Camp-1.png
C#: Cart [insert cart number here]
XL: Xander
ZR: Zephyranthes
JB: Jean
GH: Havok
KD: Katherine
B#: Bandit [insert number here]

gryffydd65
2021-03-05, 10:28 PM
Xander pulls out his long sword and climbs off the horse.

Grimaximus
2021-03-05, 10:32 PM
Havok dismounts and faces the bandits in the woods, shield and sword at the ready

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-05, 11:18 PM
Jacques came out of his cart, drawing a warhammer laying next to him. "Alright, you bastards. You want my stuff, then come and get 'em!" He rushed forward with his warhammer, deftly swinging it down on Bandit 1

[roll0]

EDIT: However, the bandit weaved out of the way, readying himself for another strike (OOC: It is now Bandit 4's turn)

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-05, 11:23 PM
Bandit 4, meanwhile, moved closer to the caravan, and further out of the woods. He drew his shortbow, aiming for Xander. He loosed the bow, arrow flying towards the paladin.

[roll0]

EDIT: However, it missed, flying over the caravan entirely, before being deflected harmlessly off the cliff-face.

It is now Jean's turn

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/817601879722295306/817613842350997524/Halfway-Camp-1.png

whiteflash
2021-03-06, 07:32 PM
Jean moves his horse over to the bandit leader, hoping to take advantage of Jacques's distraction to hit in a more vital area. (Or to put it another way, I'm pretty sure I can't sneak attack anyone else.)

[roll0] to hit.
[roll1] to hurt.
[roll2] to really hurt.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-06, 07:44 PM
The first bandit was taken by surprise, as the thrust from Jean on his horse passed through his gambeson, and deep into his upper chest. As the blade left his torso, he staggered backwards a few inches, bleeding profusely. Bandit 5, seeing his leader in trouble, took aim with his bow at Jean, letting the bowstring loose.

[roll0]
(OOC: Pay no attention to the natural 20 here. The real roll will be on Discord. Doing this just so you don't immediately die)

EDIT: The arrow flew right into the back of Jean's right shoulder, sinking through his leather armor, striking him for 4 points of damage

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-06, 07:57 PM
The first bandit, who was badly injured, decided to strike at Jean, the man who tried to hurt him originally, as he figured the horseman who attacked him just went down. He swung his mace down on Jacques.

[roll0]

EDIT: However, Jacques weaves out of the way

It is now Havok's turn

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/817601879722295306/817925234204213310/Halfway-Camp-1.png

Grimaximus
2021-03-06, 10:25 PM
Havok charges at the 5th bandit hiding in the woods, his eyes and hair a blaze as he charges. “You shall not live to learn the folly of your mistake this day!”
And slashes down with his long sword with fury.
(Rolls in discord)

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-06, 10:47 PM
The fifth bandit is taken by surprise, and couldn't react as the tip of Havok's sword pierced his side. He staggered back, clutching his side. The second bandit, whose actions happened alongside the fifth bandit's, saw that Jean "went down", and thus turned his bow on Jacques. He loosed the bowstring, and let the arrow fly.

[roll0]

The arrow flew too high, however, and sailed harmlessly over the caravan, and into the woods.

It is now Katherine's turn

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/817601879722295306/817967092459372586/Halfway-Camp-1.png

Luccan
2021-03-06, 11:13 PM
Katherine points toward the bandit fighting Havok You attack harmless travellers? Fall to Nuada's wrath! She then turns her horse and rides closer to her injured allies to provide aid if they need it

Toll The Dead on B5, Wis save DC 14, for [roll0] necrotic damage

I want to move closer to Jean, since he's been hit and I'll want to heal him next round

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-07, 12:16 AM
The fifth bandit, feeling the curse's effects take place, as bells ring throughout the area, starts to almost rot away, as his life force drains from him. He eventually fell over, dead. Bandit 3 at an open Zephyr, letting his bowstring loose.

[roll0]

However, his aim was off, and the arrow thudded into the ground a few feet away from Zephyr

It is now Zephyr's turn

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/817601879722295306/817989434452082698/Halfway-Camp-1.png

Ramsus
2021-03-07, 12:39 AM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes retaliates with a shot of her own... but not at the bandit who fired at her and not with an actual weapon. She doesn't give some kind of call or invoking of her goddess. She simply channels her magic to steal the heat from the hands of the bandit at the head of the cliff. Then she wheels her horse around to go back and around, trying to get behind them. Not that she expects to surprise them, but at least she might be able to soon engage them in melee rather than be able to maintain the high ground.

Frostbite on B2: They have to beat a DC 13 Con save or take [roll0] cold damage and have disadvantage on their next weapon attack.

Moving 60 feet around the cliff. This should put me in the square in the northern shadow of the boulder up on the cliff just a few spaces away from B3.

gryffydd65
2021-03-07, 02:38 PM
Xander moves 60 feet to engage bandit 4 and swinging his long sword manages to miss the mark.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-08, 10:05 AM
The second bandit all of a sudden felt a slight chill, as Zephyr's magic did its work around him. The field of cold grew colder, until almost all of his heat was stolen away, leaving him a shivering mess.

It is now Xander's turn

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/817601879722295306/818500286313922591/Halfway-Camp-1.png

gryffydd65
2021-03-08, 11:09 AM
Xander moves 60 feet to engage bandit 4 and swinging his long sword manages to miss the mark.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-08, 11:17 AM
Xander charged the fourth bandit, who was hiding in the woods. He swung his sword multiple times, but each blow was parried by the bandit's shortsword, leading to a small exchange of parries between the two.

Jacques, meanwhile, brought his warhammer down on the wounded bandit leader, attempting to finally kill him

[roll0]
Roll for damage: 7

The warhammer struck true, slamming into the bandit leader's head with a sickening crunch. He crumpled over, clearly dead. This causes the second and the third bandit to hesitate, especially now that they were outnumbered

It is now Bandit 4's turn

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-08, 11:25 AM
The fourth bandit, who was still clashing swords with Xander, decided to attempt to get in a surprise attack through Xander's defenses

[roll0]
Roll for damage: 6

The bandit, after deflecting a few blows from Xander, finds an opening, and jabbed his sword through at Xander's torso. It fails to pierce the mail haubergeon Xander was wearing, but Xander could feel searing pain erupt from where the sword struck. A wound had opened internally

It is now Jean's turn

whiteflash
2021-03-08, 02:00 PM
Jean sees that Bandit #4 is distracted fighting Xander, and decides to try to put his shortsword through that bandit. He turns his horse around to reach the fight.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] to hurt
[roll2] to really hurt

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-08, 02:48 PM
The fourth bandit was completely focused on fighting Xander, that he did not see Jean coming until it was too late. Jean's sword pierced right through his leather torso armor, the horse's speed helping it. The sword remained stuck in the fourth bandit, who keeled over, and died. The other two bandits, seeing their comrades die, turned tail, and ran for the hills, the second bandit still struggling to keep warm. The combat calms down, with three bodies on the ground.

OOC: Congrats, you survived your first combat encounter! Go ahead and level up

Grimaximus
2021-03-08, 04:18 PM
Havok loots the body of bandit 5 before returning to his horse.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-08, 04:26 PM
Havok loots the body of bandit 5 before returning to his horse.

Havok didn't find anything particularly useful, least of all, actual money

whiteflash
2021-03-08, 04:29 PM
Jean looks over bandit #4, whether or not Xander decides to help. Nothing there either?

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-08, 04:34 PM
Jean looks over bandit #4, whether or not Xander decides to help. Nothing there either?

The bandit has 5 silvers, but not much else, besides his weapons

whiteflash
2021-03-08, 06:00 PM
"Good news, everyone! This bandit had enough silver on him for each of us to have one coin!"

Ramsus
2021-03-08, 07:27 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes briefly considers chasing after the bandits, but decides its better to not wear out her horse given she has other jobs right now.

She raises an eyebrow at Jean's... joke? She's unsure. As she rides back down she looks around to see if everyone is ok.

Luccan
2021-03-08, 07:44 PM
Very kind of you Jean, but let's see about your injuries. she takes hold of her holy symbol and mutters a prayer, as Jean is healed

[roll0]

gryffydd65
2021-03-09, 04:59 PM
Xander touches his wound and says a prayer. His wound closes.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-13, 04:40 PM
Xander touches his wound and says a prayer. His wound closes.

Very kind of you Jean, but let's see about your injuries. she takes hold of her holy symbol and mutters a prayer, as Jean is healed

[roll0]

Human Artificer

Zephyranthes briefly considers chasing after the bandits, but decides its better to not wear out her horse given she has other jobs right now.

She raises an eyebrow at Jean's... joke? She's unsure. As she rides back down she looks around to see if everyone is ok.

"Good news, everyone! This bandit had enough silver on him for each of us to have one coin!"

You all quickly got back into position, and the caravan continued to move down the road. As you moved on, some of you noticed that the grass wasn't as lush and verdant as it used to be, thinning out into pale green stalks It wasn't until late in the day when you saw the large ruin, but you could immediately recognize your destination. The old castrum stood out like a dark beacon on a hill, the whole place seemingly radiating darkness. "Well, I suppose this is where we part ways, since I do seem to remember that this is where you're supposed to be. I'll be honest, I don't particularly envy you... anywho, you've done well, and thus deserve your payment. I don't think we agreed on a actual amount to be paid, but I'll give each of you 50 gold. Does that sound reasonable?"

gryffydd65
2021-03-13, 06:17 PM
Xander took his payment and then counted out 25 gold pieces. Take this to the next town and if you see someone of need please share. If not donating it to Pelor is always the right thing to do. Be careful and follow the one true path.

Xander took the saddle of his horse and rubbed it down. He made sure the horse could get some grass to eat. I can take first watch.

Ramsus
2021-03-13, 06:44 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes is temped to follow Xander's example, but knows she needs to save up to improve her armor. And she knows she can't help others if she winds up dead on the road or in the wilderness somewhere. So instead she just gives a nod and a "Thank you, sir. You've been most generous." and takes the offered coin.

"I will take the dawn's watch." she says in response to Xander's claim on watch. Aurora was the goddess of dawn afterall.

whiteflash
2021-03-13, 07:33 PM
Jean, as a displaced merchant, has absolutely no compunctions against taking every single piece of gold he is offered. "Thank you, sir."

"I should probably take a watch too. I can take the one right after Xander's. How many shifts are there?"

Grimaximus
2021-03-13, 08:23 PM
Havok takes his gold and placed it in his pouch. “Thank you sir, greatly appreciated”
“I will take either third watch if we are each taking a turn, or I will join second watch if we just want to split it in two.”
“Something about this land feels off”

whiteflash
2021-03-13, 08:32 PM
"Well... that's to be expected, right?"

Jean turns towards the old fort. "Something about this land is off..."

Luccan
2021-03-13, 08:41 PM
Katherine accepts the gold Thank you, you're very generous. Nuada guard you on your travels. she joins the other discussing camp Perhaps pairs during shifts would be best. We can't be sure what evil might come from that place. I will pray for guidance on defeating the undead that lurk within and take whichever shift is needed.

Ramsus
2021-03-14, 01:13 AM
Human Artificer

"I would welcome the company." Zephyranthes replies to Katherine with a nod.

Grimaximus
2021-03-14, 10:22 AM
“I understand that we wouldn’t be here if something wasn’t off, but a mere undead infestation wouldn’t cause the land itself to decay in this way.”
“I will take first watch with Xander and Jean”

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-14, 02:57 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes is temped to follow Xander's example, but knows she needs to save up to improve her armor. And she knows she can't help others if she winds up dead on the road or in the wilderness somewhere. So instead she just gives a nod and a "Thank you, sir. You've been most generous." and takes the offered coin.

"I will take the dawn's watch." she says in response to Xander's claim on watch. Aurora was the goddess of dawn afterall.

Jean, as a displaced merchant, has absolutely no compunctions against taking every single piece of gold he is offered. "Thank you, sir."

"I should probably take a watch too. I can take the one right after Xander's. How many shifts are there?"

Havok takes his gold and placed it in his pouch. “Thank you sir, greatly appreciated”
“I will take either third watch if we are each taking a turn, or I will join second watch if we just want to split it in two.”
“Something about this land feels off”

"Well... that's to be expected, right?"

Jean turns towards the old fort. "Something about this land is off..."

Katherine accepts the gold Thank you, you're very generous. Nuada guard you on your travels. she joins the other discussing camp Perhaps pairs during shifts would be best. We can't be sure what evil might come from that place. I will pray for guidance on defeating the undead that lurk within and take whichever shift is needed.

Xander took his payment and then counted out 25 gold pieces. Take this to the next town and if you see someone of need please share. If not donating it to Pelor is always the right thing to do. Be careful and follow the one true path.

Xander took the saddle of his horse and rubbed it down. He made sure the horse could get some grass to eat. I can take first watch.

Jacques nodded as the team discussed their watch plans. "Gods keep you, for only they know what lies in that forsaken place. Now, onto Courlet, for more mercenaries." With that, he re-entered his cart, and the caravan drove off, leaving you to yourselves. It is now dusk, and the fort continued to stand out. Those who entered prayer would find that ominous, if perhaps vague, warnings could be felt.

whiteflash
2021-03-14, 03:57 PM
"It wouldn't? Then... is something worse causing the undead infestation?"

Jean shakes his head. "Anyway, that rotation sounds good to me, if it sounds good to everyone else."

Jean nods as Jacques left. "May the Gods keep you as well."

He turns to the rest of the group. "So... it's almost dusk. We should get our camp set up quickly. If I were an undead abomination, I'd probably just be ready to wake up and start my night right about now."

gryffydd65
2021-03-15, 03:21 PM
Xander finds a good advantage point over looking the old castrum. His shield and sword at the ready.

Grimaximus
2021-03-15, 08:07 PM
Havok ties up his horse with the others, takes the saddle off, brushes her down and makes sure she has plenty to eat and drink. He then sets up his spot in camp.

“You ladies get some rest, we will wake you if anything “interesting” happens”

He heads over to near where Xander is posted and finds his own vantage point of the Castrum. As he walks over he pulls up some of the decaying grass and takes a closer look and gives it a sniff.

( 11 perception, 16 stealth)

Sword and shield at the ready he turns Towards Xander and Jean “I’m excited for the coming battles, but I am growing more and more concerned about the level of decay in this region. Something greater is at play then just some lingering undead. I have feeling we will find out sooner than later.”

“Hey Xander while we are waiting maybe you can pray the life back into the region” (behind his shield and muttering under his breath he casts thaumaturgy to make the ground rumble under Xander)

“Jean what brings you out adventuring in this region of the world?”

whiteflash
2021-03-15, 10:53 PM
Jean shrugs. "Well, life's an adventure no matter where you are... particularly if you've just successfully completed an infiltration mission targeting the city's Thieves Guild, and given them a blow they won't recover from within a young human's remaining natural lifespan."

Jean shrugged. "I expected I'd see the undead coming, and that they wouldn't be actively looking for me."

"What about you? Are you running from anything? Or just looking for something?"

Grimaximus
2021-03-16, 02:24 PM
Havok gives a chuckle, “doing a job like that is a good way to make that lifespan considerably shorter, but I like your style.”

“Me I have something I need to do, that I’m not quite ready for and honestly not sure how to do it just yet anyway.”

“And yeah undead are good like that, they don’t usually come looking for you”

gryffydd65
2021-03-16, 05:59 PM
Xander felt the earth move and took it as a sign from Pelor. It is a good sign, Pelor will guide our hand against this evil. We need to have each other's back let's not get split up.

whiteflash
2021-03-16, 06:18 PM
"... So, this is a practice run? I suppose I understand. Part of why I'm adventuring is to build my skills up, in case the Thieves Guild does find me at some point."

Jean turns to Xander. "I suppose that makes sense. We should probably stay near the camp, too. In case we're wrong about the undead, and they do have enough wits to have patrols around."

Grimaximus
2021-03-16, 09:15 PM
“Not so much practice, I have been doing that and studying my whole life. I have reached the point where study and practice are not growing me as much as I need, this is what I must do to grow.”

Turns away from Xander and mumbles some more thaumaturgic incantations.
(Xander heard whispers in the air of Hope, steadfast through the darkness, and a bright new dawn: also make a crow caw in the trees behind Xander)
Havok chuckles to him self while he continues to keep an eye toward the Castrum.

whiteflash
2021-03-18, 11:39 PM
Jean nods approvingly. "You know... I think I understand. It only gets you so far, right? I got a basic course in theft before I infiltrated the Thieves Guild... but I really learned by doing. And they taught me how to use a shortsword, in theory... let's see if I can figure out the practice on these undead."

gryffydd65
2021-03-19, 01:00 PM
You two talk like girls, now stand ready, people's lives are at stake. Xander says not even turning his head still looking at the ruins.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-03-21, 08:25 PM
None of you saw much, as the hill was obscured by darkness for most of the night. You caught glimpses of what you thought could be movement along the walls of the castrum, but nothing approached your camp. It's now roughly midnight, and the start of the next shift.

whiteflash
2021-03-21, 08:37 PM
"I thought I saw movement along the walls a few times," Jean whispers to the other two around the end of their watch. "We should probably warn the next watch that the corpses seem to be restless, even by undead standards."

gryffydd65
2021-03-21, 10:14 PM
Sure and now let's get some needed rest. Xander says as he strips off his armor and keeps his shield and sword right next to his head.

Grimaximus
2021-03-22, 09:13 AM
Havok walks up and wakes the ladies from their slumber, trying not to startle them.
"Hey its time for next watch, not a lot of activity but there was some movement near the top of the castrum"
Havok quietly lays down to get some much needed rest, leaving his armor on and sword and shield at his side.

Luccan
2021-03-25, 02:32 PM
Katherine awakens and stretches, taking a short time to arm herself and put on her armor Thank you Havok. We'll keep an eye out for anything else. She takes a position where she can keep an eye on the castrum, but she occasionally scans their nearer surroundings as well and speaks quietly with her watch partner Zephyranthes, have you ever done something like this before? I've had a few scrapes with brigands and goblins, but raiding a fortress of the dead has me uneasy. she lays a hand on her holy symbol.

Ramsus
2021-03-25, 03:20 PM
Human Artificer
AC: 19 HP: 20/20

Similar to Katherine, Zephyranthes dons her armor and picks up her large shield first thing and then uses some magic to clean herself, her clothes, and her equipment. Before she does anything she takes the time to pray to Aurora for a few minutes.

Once she's finished, she takes a seat near Katherine where she can watch a different angle for activity and replies with a shake of her head, "No, I have not. I suppose my experience with these matters is about the same as yours. I have spent most of my life in Castle Livre, a chapter house of Our Lady of the Dawn's Most Beatific Order of Knights Arcane. I am not so strong or magically talented or given as much divine blessing as some others of the knights, mostly I like to make things, but I am a knight all the same. That is mainly what I am out here to prove I suppose. I am.... not looking forward to this. I cannot imagine many things more unpleasant that facing animate rotting dead things." At this she makes a face, clearly one of disgust more than fear.

Maybe it's something about those words or that expression or just sitting close by for long enough, but Katherine would notice that Zephyranthes smells like rosewater. Which is perhaps an odd scent for someone who has been traveling and hadn't had time to bathe and didn't have time to use any perfume.

When she's finished speaking she puts a hand to her armor and infuses it with magical energy. In her mind she visualizes the changes she wishes to make, in a sort of blueprint like manner, and her magic makes it happen. The result is armor of a rather different shape and an alabaster hue (matches her picture now if it didn't before). She then does the same with her dagger, though the change isn't quite as remarkable even though the shape changes a bit and the metal blade changes to having a teal tint.

Luccan
2021-03-27, 01:21 AM
Katherine points to her armor I cannot say I have met many blessed with your gifts. Aurora's light wraps itself around you, crafter. She turns her gaze back to the fortress, her grey hand hand still on the symbol of Nuada Aergethlam around her neck I believe... I know we'll make it through. The gods are with us, we're doing righteous work. Letting go of the holy symbol, the cleric scratches her head and laughs lightly It will probably reek in there though. Do you have a lot of that perfume? It might come in handy.

Ramsus
2021-03-27, 11:57 AM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes smiles at Katherine's words. She'd been afraid her feelings on the matter would be disregarded or mocked as being fussy. "Yes and no. It is not a perfume, but a magical effect I can create that will last until I end the effect. Please, let me know whatever scent you'd like and which object you'd like it to come from. I could also do other things this way, like sounds or something visual or make it emit a bit of light. But we are both right to feel that scent is the most important here." she replies, and eagerly awaits to see what Katherine's preference might be, glad to have common ground with someone outside of the Knights Arcanum.

Luccan
2021-03-30, 07:09 PM
Katherine thinks a moment about what she'd want to smell Can it be anything? You know the smell after a fresh rain? It's very peaceful. It might help put me at ease once we get going.

Ramsus
2021-03-30, 07:21 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes nods and thinks on the smell for a few moments and then takes out a sewing kit and seems to sew magical energy into the item Katherine designates. Once she's done, it has that "after a rain" fresh smell. "I hope that helps." she says once she's finished.

Luccan
2021-03-30, 07:35 PM
Katherine smiles as she takes the scarf back I'm sure it will. I'm glad to have you with us, Zephyranthes, for more than just the scarf. It gives me confidence to have the gods so clearly backing us. She returns to her vigil, but is less tense than before.

Ramsus
2021-03-30, 11:53 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes smiles at that and replies, "And I am glad to have your company as well Katherine. It is nice to have the company of another woman." She leaves unsaid why specifically, though this is largely because she assumes Katherine knows all the various reasons why this would be so.

Luccan
2021-04-03, 01:14 AM
Indeed. It's quite welcome. Katherine is content to pass the rest of their shift in relative silence, but her demeanor is more confident and she tucks away the scarf securely for use the next day.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-04-05, 08:11 PM
The night passed without event for the party. The sun started to peak over the horizon when you woke up, bathing the castrum in the orange of the dawn light. Nothing could be seen on the walls, but that didn't mean that nothing was there...

Without further delay, you began your mission in earnest.

gryffydd65
2021-04-05, 08:33 PM
Xander Laflamme got his gear ready and said a prayer to Pelor. Let us be thankful for what we have and let's get to work ridding this evil.

whiteflash
2021-04-06, 12:45 PM
Jean Bijoutier (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2378074)
Human Rogue
AC: 15 HP: 15/15
PP: 19 PIv: 20 PIs: 14

"Yeah, I think we're ready." Jean draws his shortsword. "I should probably be in the middle of the group, so that I can respond to attacks from any direction, but won't be the first to meet them."

Grimaximus
2021-04-06, 03:09 PM
Havok picks up his sword and shield preparing for the days events.
"I will cover our flank as we enter, there will probably be a lot of places where things can come from in there."

gryffydd65
2021-04-06, 04:35 PM
Xander ties his horse to a bush. He pulls out his long sword and moves his shield in to a defensive position. I will take the lead .

Ramsus
2021-04-07, 01:05 PM
Human Artificer

With Xander and Katherine deciding to go in front, Zephyranthes walks nearest to Jean in the middle.

Luccan
2021-04-08, 12:57 AM
Katherine sets herself beside Xander, a defensive position on his sword side to guard his less protected flank I hope you don't mind the company. I believe I'll better support you from up here. She has her shield up, but her mace is at her side and her spear is at her back. The half-orc instead clutches her holy symbol Vigilant protector, help me be a bastion wall for my allies in our fight. She finishes her prayer and turns her eyes to the castrum.

I figure two people covering the front will make it harder for them to pass us and I've got an earlier Turn Undead chance if needed.

gryffydd65
2021-04-08, 02:20 PM
This is a good tactical position for us. Xander says as the group slowly approaches the castrum. Remember our job is to clear this place. I think we need to find a defensible position and let them come to us. So keep an eye out for a room or doorway that will work.

Grimaximus
2021-04-08, 02:23 PM
"Just because its day time doesnt mean this is any safer, everyone keep your eyes out and heads on a swivel"

Right before entering the castrum Havok focuses and faint flames radiate from him (false Life add temp 6hp)

"we should keep an eye out for a defensible position incase things take a turn, but a place this large im afraid we arent going to be able to complete our objective by staying in one place."

whiteflash
2021-04-08, 07:42 PM
Human Rogue

Jean hesitates. It's true that he'd agreed to venture into the undead-infested ruins, but now that he was actually in the position of being able to do it? "Is there some way to get them to come to us? You're right, there's no reason to think they'd do it on their own, but maybe we can persuade them? Maybe whoever has the best armor can get their attention and get the undead to chase them..."

Jean facepalms. "No, probably not if we do it out here. We saw movement on the walls last night, but there's nothing there now; that probably means they hate (or even fear) the sun." He looks up with a smirk on his face. "Maybe there's a way to use that?"

LoneStarCowboy
2021-04-09, 08:02 PM
Xander Laflamme got his gear ready and said a prayer to Pelor. Let us be thankful for what we have and let's get to work ridding this evil.

Human Rogue

"Yeah, I think we're ready." Jean draws his shortsword. "I should probably be in the middle of the group, so that I can respond to attacks from any direction, but won't be the first to meet them."

Havok picks up his sword and shield preparing for the days events.
"I will cover our flank as we enter, there will probably be a lot of places where things can come from in there."

Xander ties his horse to a bush. He pulls out his long sword and moves his shield in to a defensive position. I will take the lead .

Human Artificer

With Xander and Katherine deciding to go in front, Zephyranthes walks nearest to Jean in the middle.

Katherine sets herself beside Xander, a defensive position on his sword side to guard his less protected flank I hope you don't mind the company. I believe I'll better support you from up here. She has her shield up, but her mace is at her side and her spear is at her back. The half-orc instead clutches her holy symbol Vigilant protector, help me be a bastion wall for my allies in our fight. She finishes her prayer and turns her eyes to the castrum.

I figure two people covering the front will make it harder for them to pass us and I've got an earlier Turn Undead chance if needed.

This is a good tactical position for us. Xander says as the group slowly approaches the castrum. Remember our job is to clear this place. I think we need to find a defensible position and let them come to us. So keep an eye out for a room or doorway that will work.

"Just because its day time doesnt mean this is any safer, everyone keep your eyes out and heads on a swivel"

Right before entering the castrum Havok focuses and faint flames radiate from him (false Life add temp 6hp)

"we should keep an eye out for a defensible position incase things take a turn, but a place this large im afraid we arent going to be able to complete our objective by staying in one place."

Human Rogue

Jean hesitates. It's true that he'd agreed to venture into the undead-infested ruins, but now that he was actually in the position of being able to do it? "Is there some way to get them to come to us? You're right, there's no reason to think they'd do it on their own, but maybe we can persuade them? Maybe whoever has the best armor can get their attention and get the undead to chase them..."

Jean facepalms. "No, probably not if we do it out here. We saw movement on the walls last night, but there's nothing there now; that probably means they hate (or even fear) the sun." He looks up with a smirk on his face. "Maybe there's a way to use that?"

You walked towards the castrum without further delay, and upon going through a broken portion of the wall, you see that it seems deserted. Nothing is moving, and there is no clear humanoid figure or figures walking around. It seemed as if the undead had left, although the lingering shadows and aura of darkness and fear still lingered.

whiteflash
2021-04-09, 08:28 PM
Human Rogue

Jean looks around. "So, there are none walking the grounds, either. Which would make sense if they were hiding from the sun..."

"Or if they all left. Uh... we should probably still hunt them down if they left, shouldn't we?"

Jean smiles. "You think we can ask for extra money if we have to go hunting for them in the countryside?"

Ramsus
2021-04-09, 11:57 PM
Human Artificer

After some searching around and what might be some kind of minor divine intervention, Zephyranthes stops in front of a trap door and calls to the others. "I believe I have found where the undead have gone. There are more trap doors like this one, clearly used recently. I notice a few others there and there." she announces in her still soft despite trying to be loud enough to be heard voice as she points out the trap doors.

"There is also an old shrine to Iroas there. Which makes sense considering where we are." she adds with a shrug and points that out too in case anyone else wants to take a look. Maybe one of her companions is a historical enthusiast or would know more about Iroas iconography than she does.

gryffydd65
2021-04-10, 12:06 AM
Xander looked at the trap door. Does anyone have any spikes so we can keep the doors shut. Then we can allow one door to open at a time.

Luccan
2021-04-10, 12:16 AM
That seems wise. Are we going to wait for them to come out, then? Katherine searches to see if anything can be used as makeshift spikes, since she has none.

whiteflash
2021-04-10, 01:06 AM
Human Rogue

Jean looks at the trapdoors, and thinks for a second. "Uh... that might work? If we're able to seal off the trapdoors well enough that they can only come out of one, and then we all wait by that one, we can make them come to us... and all from the same direction."

"On the other hand... if they are all waiting for sundown, like I suspect... then maybe there's some actual advantage to doing so for them. We'd still want to seal off most of the doors so that they can only come from one direction... but maybe we'd want to actually go in after them through whichever door we didn't seal."

Luccan
2021-04-10, 01:09 AM
If we do go down, we should try to learn which would be the best door for us to use before sealing all but one of them off... But in that case could it be better to leave them unblocked? In case we're driven towards a trap door other than our chosen entrance and have to flee.

Grimaximus
2021-04-10, 09:59 AM
“We should go down and take the fight to them. It would be a safe assumption that these are only a few In a series of trap doors. If we bar all but one that will work for what cakes out of these as a choke point, but we also run the risk of this building being surrounded and us having no way out.”
“Also my blade doesn’t want to wait till dark”

LoneStarCowboy
2021-04-12, 08:27 PM
Human Rogue

Jean looks around. "So, there are none walking the grounds, either. Which would make sense if they were hiding from the sun..."

"Or if they all left. Uh... we should probably still hunt them down if they left, shouldn't we?"

Jean smiles. "You think we can ask for extra money if we have to go hunting for them in the countryside?"

Human Artificer

After some searching around and what might be some kind of minor divine intervention, Zephyranthes stops in front of a trap door and calls to the others. "I believe I have found where the undead have gone. There are more trap doors like this one, clearly used recently. I notice a few others there and there." she announces in her still soft despite trying to be loud enough to be heard voice as she points out the trap doors.

"There is also an old shrine to Iroas there. Which makes sense considering where we are." she adds with a shrug and points that out too in case anyone else wants to take a look. Maybe one of her companions is a historical enthusiast or would know more about Iroas iconography than she does.

Xander looked at the trap door. Does anyone have any spikes so we can keep the doors shut. Then we can allow one door to open at a time.

That seems wise. Are we going to wait for them to come out, then? Katherine searches to see if anything can be used as makeshift spikes, since she has none.

Human Rogue

Jean looks at the trapdoors, and thinks for a second. "Uh... that might work? If we're able to seal off the trapdoors well enough that they can only come out of one, and then we all wait by that one, we can make them come to us... and all from the same direction."

"On the other hand... if they are all waiting for sundown, like I suspect... then maybe there's some actual advantage to doing so for them. We'd still want to seal off most of the doors so that they can only come from one direction... but maybe we'd want to actually go in after them through whichever door we didn't seal."

If we do go down, we should try to learn which would be the best door for us to use before sealing all but one of them off... But in that case could it be better to leave them unblocked? In case we're driven towards a trap door other than our chosen entrance and have to flee.

“We should go down and take the fight to them. It would be a safe assumption that these are only a few In a series of trap doors. If we bar all but one that will work for what cakes out of these as a choke point, but we also run the risk of this building being surrounded and us having no way out.”
“Also my blade doesn’t want to wait till dark”

Eventually, you chose the trap doors to seal up, and entered the trap door near the shrine to Iroas. The moment you all stepped into the underground area, you all felt a deep chill resonate up and down your spine. As it subsides, you all looked around. It was almost pitch black, and a stone path, likely carved by the Augustan builders of the castrum, extended out in front of you, into the darkness. Those with darkvision can barely make out that it curved left around 40 or so feet away from your current location. Empty sconces for torches or lamps dot the rock walls, most of them having rusted over, presumably from centuries of disuse.

gryffydd65
2021-04-12, 10:11 PM
Xander takes the left side of the tunnel. He pulls out his long sword and puts his shield in a defensive position. Let's be careful. If we get in trouble, we fall back to here.

whiteflash
2021-04-13, 03:16 AM
Human Rogue

Jean looks around. "It's dark in here, isn't it?"

He pulls out his hooded lantern, and uses the light from the open trapdoor to see well enough to light it.

"This one's got a hood on it, so it should be easy to hide the light if we need to. Uh... should I hold this, or does one of you want to?"

Grimaximus
2021-04-13, 10:46 AM
"I'll hold it" and Havok reaches out and grabs it with his left lower hand. Shield to the side of it, sword drawn in the other.

"i guess I will lead the way, the path curves about 40 feet in front of us. Do we want to leave a lit torch in the sconce here so we know this is our exit?, undead aren't particularly smart."

Ramsus
2021-04-13, 12:03 PM
Human Artificer

"The more light the better I think." Zephyranthes comments and lights the torch in the sconce (or puts a torch in and lights it if there isn't one that will light there).

gryffydd65
2021-04-13, 11:10 PM
As Xander passes an empty sconce , he will put a torch in it . Can you light these as I go. I have ten torches.

Luccan
2021-04-17, 02:05 PM
Katherine settles into the middle-front of the group, still keeping ahold of her holy symbol. She reaches out and taps Xander, blessing him with divine insight

Using Guidance on Xander, hopefully for Perception checks

LoneStarCowboy
2021-04-22, 11:54 AM
Xander takes the left side of the tunnel. He pulls out his long sword and puts his shield in a defensive position. Let's be careful. If we get in trouble, we fall back to here.

Human Rogue

Jean looks around. "It's dark in here, isn't it?"

He pulls out his hooded lantern, and uses the light from the open trapdoor to see well enough to light it.

"This one's got a hood on it, so it should be easy to hide the light if we need to. Uh... should I hold this, or does one of you want to?"

"I'll hold it" and Havok reaches out and grabs it with his left lower hand. Shield to the side of it, sword drawn in the other.

"i guess I will lead the way, the path curves about 40 feet in front of us. Do we want to leave a lit torch in the sconce here so we know this is our exit?, undead aren't particularly smart."

Human Artificer

"The more light the better I think." Zephyranthes comments and lights the torch in the sconce (or puts a torch in and lights it if there isn't one that will light there).

As Xander passes an empty sconce , he will put a torch in it . Can you light these as I go. I have ten torches.

Katherine settles into the middle-front of the group, still keeping ahold of her holy symbol. She reaches out and taps Xander, blessing him with divine insight

Using Guidance on Xander, hopefully for Perception checks

With the hooded lamp now lit, you continued down the passageway, reaching the bend. The light from the lamp shows another fairly straight passageway, this one continuing down for roughly 35 ft. going straight. There seem to be few torch sconces on the walls. You do hear one thing, though: the rattle of bones. You can't tell how many walkers there are right away, as none can be seen, but there seem to be a few, based on the noise they're making.

gryffydd65
2021-04-22, 03:43 PM
Xander readies for battle.

whiteflash
2021-04-23, 06:31 AM
Human Rogue

"Do we let them come to us?" Jean whispers. "Or take this to them? With a living enemy, I'd worry they might warn their comrades, but I don't know if undead know to do that. And approaching their position might mean a nasty surprise."

Ramsus
2021-04-26, 11:52 AM
Human Artificer

Taking a spot to the right of Havok in the front line, blocking the hallway from any undead getting past them to those behind them, Zephyranthes lightly clanks her dagger against her shield to draw the nearby undead to their position.

Readying to throw my dagger (it's returning) at the first foe that gets within 20 feet and is in the light, basically first foe I don't have disadvantage against.

whiteflash
2021-04-30, 05:20 PM
Human Rogue

Jean silently walked towards the middle of the back row, and drew his shortbow so that he could join the fight without needing to get into sword-range.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-01, 01:09 AM
Xander readies for battle.

Human Rogue

"Do we let them come to us?" Jean whispers. "Or take this to them? With a living enemy, I'd worry they might warn their comrades, but I don't know if undead know to do that. And approaching their position might mean a nasty surprise."

Human Artificer

Taking a spot to the right of Havok in the front line, blocking the hallway from any undead getting past them to those behind them, Zephyranthes lightly clanks her dagger against her shield to draw the nearby undead to their position.

Readying to throw my dagger (it's returning) at the first foe that gets within 20 feet and is in the light, basically first foe I don't have disadvantage against.

Human Rogue

Jean silently walked towards the middle of the back row, and drew his shortbow so that he could join the fight without needing to get into sword-range.

As you prepared for combat, you saw three figures step into the dim light cast by your hooded lantern. Two of them were very skeletal, clad in rusted and quite visibly beaten-up Augustan segmented armor. They each wielded an Augustan shortsword, and a large tower shield, both in a state of disrepair, as well. However, the third figure stood out. This medium creature resembled a human corpse, armed and armored in a similar way to its skeletal compatriots, with the addition of a plumed helmet on its head. Its wild, frantic eyes burned with malevolence. The leathery, desiccated flesh was drawn tight across its bones, a stark contrast to the fleshless skeletons that flanked it, and its teeth have grown into sharp, jagged needles. None have come into the bright light, but they stared down the party at the other end of the passageway.

Grimaximus
2021-05-01, 08:41 AM
Havok stared intently at the central figure unable to determine what it was, frustrated he lets loose his flaming purple eldritch blast at the skeleton to its side. (Atk 19, dmg 6)
He then readies his shield and sword for the coming assault.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-01, 10:22 AM
Havok stared intently at the central figure unable to determine what it was, frustrated he lets loose his flaming purple eldritch blast at the skeleton to its side. (Atk 19, dmg 6)
He then readies his shield and sword for the coming assault.

The eldritch blast slammed into the skeleton head on, and the skeleton recoiled hard. However, it remained on its feet, continuing to come closer to you.

Everyone, roll initiative! Combat map here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C-8g3YaLcN0TBA9wK-pHIKb5BR3IIUdHYFZiTHqlPno/edit#gid=0), in case you want quick access to it

gryffydd65
2021-05-01, 06:36 PM
Xander looks at the others. According to my religious studies, the skeletons are vulnerable to bludgeoning weapons. The middle one is a wight and he fears no weapons. We must destroy him first.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-02, 04:28 PM
The fleshy undead, having seen the number it will be going up against, backed up 5 feet, raising its shield up, and positioning its sword into a thrusting position right beside the shield

It is now Xander's turn

gryffydd65
2021-05-02, 06:16 PM
Xander sheathed his sword and pulls out his war hammer. He waits for the enemy to come to them.

Ramsus
2021-05-02, 10:29 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyranthes takes a step back and prepares to throw her dagger at the unknown kind of undead when it comes within precise range.

Moving one space down.

Readying to throw my dagger (it's returning and magical) at ? when it gets within 20 feet.
Just gonna make the roll for that here.

Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
if crit: [roll2]

Luccan
2021-05-03, 02:05 PM
Katherine steps into the spot Zephyr vacated and draws her mace, before pointing at the skeleton Havoc had already blasted Return to the grave, trouble the living no more!

Toll the Dead, Wis save DC 14

[roll0]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-03, 04:21 PM
Katherine steps into the spot Zephyr vacated and draws her mace, before pointing at the skeleton Havoc had already blasted Return to the grave, trouble the living no more!

Toll the Dead, Wis save DC 14

[roll0]

As the ringing of bells sounded throughout the passageway, the skeleton that was already rough-looking froze, and recoiled. It now looked like it was having trouble standing up, but it held on, somehow.

It is now Havok's turn

Grimaximus
2021-05-03, 04:54 PM
Taking in Xander’s information and seeing that the creatures were not quickly advancing forward Havoks lower hand lights up once more in arcane fire and shoots an eldritch blast towards the wight (att21, damage 10) the reddish purple flaming beam races through the darkness slamming into the central figure.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-03, 05:02 PM
Taking in Xander’s information and seeing that the creatures were not quickly advancing forward Havoks lower hand lights up once more in arcane fire and shoots an eldritch blast towards the wight (att21, damage 10) the reddish purple flaming beam races through the darkness slamming into the central figure.

The eldritch blast slammed headfirst into the wight, making it stagger back to keep its balance. It resumed its stance afterwards, but it looked as weary as an undead could be after being hit with a full-contact eldritch blast.

It is now the skeleton's turn, and the skeleton moves back into the darkness, going out of sight.

It is now Jean's turn

whiteflash
2021-05-03, 06:05 PM
Human Rogue

Jean hesitated between the remaining skeleton (which his comrade had told him didn't fear sharp objects) and the "wight" (which apparently didn't fear any weapons.) He decided to target the skeleton, since he thought he was more likely to be able to effect it than the "wight."

13 to hit, 6 for damage.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-03, 10:35 PM
Human Rogue

Jean hesitated between the remaining (which his comrade had told him didn't fear sharp objects) and the "wight" (which apparently didn't fear any weapons.) He decided to target the skeleton, since he thought he was more likely to be able to effect it than the "wight."

13 to hit, 6 for damage.

The arrow flew true, striking the skeleton in between its empty eye sockets. It recoiled, before regaining its composure. The wight stepped forward, gesturing for the fleeing skeleton to return to combat. It moved forward, right around 15 ft., then readying its weapons.

It's now Xander's turn

gryffydd65
2021-05-03, 10:58 PM
Xander looked at the others. let's move up slowly , that wight is smart. Xander moves up 20 feet.

Ramsus
2021-05-04, 12:34 AM
Human Artificer

Noting Xander's words, she steps forward to follow him. Several paces away from the wight, she throws her dagger at it. Attempting to provoke it to come to them. Or just get a free hit in if she can.

Moving from X18 to W13.

If the wight isn't in a light source I instead ready my action for when someone brings light closer to get it in at least dim light so I don't have disadvantage from darkness.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-04, 09:02 AM
Human Artificer

Noting Xander's words, she steps forward to follow him. Several paces away from the wight, she throws her dagger at it. Attempting to provoke it to come to them. Or just get a free hit in if she can.

Moving from X18 to W13.

If the wight isn't in a light source I instead ready my action for when someone brings light closer to get it in at least dim light so I don't have disadvantage from darkness.

The dagger flew through the air, embedding itself into the wight's shoulder, breaking through some rust on its armor along the way. It snarled, turning its attention to Zephyr.

It is now Katherine's turn.

Luccan
2021-05-08, 03:58 PM
Katherine follows her comrades' advance and brings her magic to bear once more on the remaining skeleton

If the plan is still to have Havok up front, I won't step next to Z. If not or if the Wight will move before him, I'll move next to Z

DC 14 Wisdom

If damaged [roll0]

If undamaged [roll1]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-08, 07:44 PM
Katherine follows her comrades' advance and brings her magic to bear once more on the remaining skeleton

If the plan is still to have Havok up front, I won't step next to Z. If not or if the Wight will move before him, I'll move next to Z

DC 14 Wisdom

If damaged [roll0]

If undamaged [roll1]

More bells rang out through the passageway, but unlike last time, the skeleton was able to steel itself for the spell's effects, being unaffected.

It is now Havok's turn

Grimaximus
2021-05-08, 08:47 PM
Havok runs up next to Zeph, training his eye on the wight chanting under his breath, his sword glows blood red and a red mist travels from the sword surrounding the wights form (hexblades curse). He then lets loose another purplish red flame blast towards the wight(18 to hit, 14 force damage)

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-08, 09:19 PM
Havok runs up next to Zeph, training his eye on the wight chanting under his breath, his sword glows blood red and a red mist travels from the sword surrounding the wights form (hexblades curse). He then lets loose another purplish red flame blast towards the wight(18 to hit, 14 force damage)

The wight recoiled strongly, and nearly lost its footing. Now looking much rougher for the wear, the wight steeled its gaze on the heroes, a murderous look burning in its eyes. Meanwhile, Skeleton 1 reluctantly stepped out of the darkness at the wight's beckoning, but doesn't go any further.

It is now Jean's turn

whiteflash
2021-05-08, 09:50 PM
Human Rogue

Jean turned to Katherine as he let another arrow loose at the remaining skeleton. "Hey, Katherine? How far away can those bells be heard from?"

Jean lets out another arrow at the reappeared skeleton, but the shot goes wide.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-08, 09:58 PM
Human Rogue

Jean turned to Katherine as he let another arrow loose at the remaining skeleton. "Hey, Katherine? How far away can those bells be heard from?"

Jean lets out another arrow at the reappeared skeleton, but the shot goes wide.

The skeleton watched the arrow go wide, and Jean could almost feel a smug smirk coming from the skeleton, despite the lack of facial muscles. The second skeleton runs up and thrusts out with its Augustan sword, right at Havok, but it was deflected by a quick parry from Havok. The wight came up to Zephyr, swinging its sword multiple times, each one being blocked by Zephyr's shield. The wight looked very frustrated at this point.

It is now Xander's turn

gryffydd65
2021-05-09, 12:58 AM
Xander swings his war hammer at the wight. While he knew the blow was solid, the wight seemed to shrug off most of the blow.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-14, 06:34 PM
Xander swings his war hammer at the wight. While he knew the blow was solid, the wight seemed to shrug off most of the blow.

The wight recoiled, but only slightly, almost smirking at Xander.

It is now Zephyr's turn

Ramsus
2021-05-14, 06:37 PM
Human Artificer

With the wight in her face, she tries to stab it in its.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-14, 06:40 PM
Human Artificer

With the wight in her face, she tries to stab it in its.

Zephyr repeatedly stabbed it in its face, as Xander swung his hammer, but the result is the same, and the wight remains mostly unfazed.

Luccan
2021-05-19, 11:28 AM
Katherine says a quiet prayer and Xander, Havok, and Zephyr are filled with divine confidence

Casting Bless on our current frontline

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-30, 09:37 PM
Katherine says a quiet prayer and Xander, Havok, and Zephyr are filled with divine confidence

Casting Bless on our current frontline

The three now glowed with a faint white-gold radiance, as the blessing prayed for them took effect.

It is now Havok's turn

Grimaximus
2021-05-31, 02:30 PM
Havok slice’s at the cursed wight’s neck. (21 atk, 20 dmg) then raises his shield to hold the line.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-31, 04:50 PM
Havok slice’s at the cursed wight’s neck. (21 atk, 20 dmg) then raises his shield to hold the line.

The slash struck true, the silver blade slicing right through the wight's neck. It dropped, rolled along the stone floor for a little bit, and then came to a stop. The skeletons took a step back, before they readied themselves, a flick of... something appearing on them. The first skeleton ran forward, bringing its rusty sword down on Xander.

Damage (if applicable): [roll1]

It is now Jean's turn

whiteflash
2021-05-31, 10:05 PM
Human Rogue

Jean smiles as he sees the wight's head roll, only to wince as Xander takes what looks like a particularly painful hit.

"I wish you hadn't done that."

Jean lets an arrow loose at the skeleton that had just hit his comrade.

To hit: [roll0]
To hurt: [roll1]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-05-31, 10:12 PM
Human Rogue

Jean smiles as he sees the wight's head roll, only to wince as Xander takes what looks like a particularly painful hit.

"I wish you hadn't done that."

Jean lets an arrow loose at the skeleton that had just hit his comrade.

The skeleton raised its tower shield in time to intercept the arrow, which embedded itself into the wooden face of the shield. Skeleton 2 then took the opportunity to thrust out with its shortsword, jabbing it towards Havok.

Damage, if applicable: [roll1]

The thrust struck true, embedding itself into Havok's torso, before retreating.

It is now Xander's turn

gryffydd65
2021-06-01, 08:28 AM
Xander swung the war hammer at the skeleton. [roll0] [roll1]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-06-06, 04:36 PM
Xander swung the war hammer at the skeleton. [roll0] [roll1]

With a mighty swing, the hammer struck the skeleton's head, cracking it, and sending it streaking toward the ground. The rest of the skeleton collapsed in a cloud of dust, leaving a heap of bones and rusted armor. The other skeleton somehow seemed unfazed by its comrade's second death, keeping its weapon ready.

It is now Zephyr's turn.

Ramsus
2021-06-06, 04:45 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyr moves around behind the skeleton and tries to cleave through its skull with her magical dagger.

Move

advantage: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
if crit: [roll3]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-06-06, 04:53 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyr moves around behind the skeleton and tries to cleave through its skull with her magical dagger.

Move

advantage: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
if crit: [roll3]

Zephyr easily was able to maneuver around the skeleton, and drove the dagger through its rusty helmet, straight into the skeleton's skull. While that wasn't enough to kill the skeleton, it did indeed falter, and it noticeably looked weaker, if a skeleton could look so.

Luccan
2021-06-12, 07:33 PM
Katherine draws her mace and marches toward the skeleton, attempt to bring the mace down between its shoulder and spine.

To hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Crit [roll2]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-06-19, 01:01 PM
Katherine draws her mace and marches toward the skeleton, attempt to bring the mace down between its shoulder and spine.

To hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Crit [roll2]

The skeleton broke apart with Katherine's final mace strike. As of now, the detail of undead have been defeated, leaving the passage open for further exploration.

Just to get y'all rolling, I'm bumping y'all up to level 3. Once again, new class features will be added only after a long rest, but feel free to take new spells and get more HP.

Ramsus
2021-06-24, 11:31 AM
Human Artificer
AC: 19 HP: 28/28
Conditions: Aid (5/5 extra max hp)

"Shall we get back in formation and continue?" Zephyr suggests.

Grimaximus
2021-06-24, 12:56 PM
“Yes, let’s.” As havok scans the rusty remains of the skeletons and wights gear.

whiteflash
2021-06-24, 02:29 PM
Human Rogue

Jean nods silently as he gets back into line.

gryffydd65
2021-06-24, 08:26 PM
Xander readies his shield and war hammer. Come on let's go.

Luccan
2021-06-26, 12:04 AM
Katherine moves to wipe off her mace, then realizes that the skeleton didn't really leave any residue and settles back into formation, once again stowing her weapon to grip the holy symbol of Nuada. She says a brief prayer and once again Holy Vigor fills Xander, Zephyr and Havok.

Casting Aid on those three. They gain 5HP and their HP max raises by 5 for the next 8 hours.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-06-29, 09:17 PM
You continue your way through the passageway, lighting torches whenever they appear, but you don't get very far into the passageway before a near overwhelming "feeling" washes over you. It feels like something doesn't want you going farther into the passage

Luccan
2021-06-29, 10:25 PM
Katherine grips her holy symbol to her chest Do you feel that? The gods omens are hard to read at times, but I think whatever is down this passage is much worse than those skeletons She begins to pray softly, but fervently, for the party's protection.

Ramsus
2021-06-29, 10:32 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyr nods and replies fairly quietly, "Yes. I suppose I expected there would be. Though, I had not expected to feel it so.... profoundly like that."

whiteflash
2021-06-30, 09:01 AM
Human Rogue

Jean chuckles nervously. "Whatever this is, it's making a compelling argument for turning back... but unless it's planning to pay us off, I vote we keep going anyway."

Grimaximus
2021-06-30, 12:48 PM
“Just the fact that I am getting a compelling feeling to stop and flee, I know that what we really need to do is keep pushing forward. Feelings do not compel me!”

gryffydd65
2021-06-30, 01:13 PM
Agreed, we move on. Xander readies his war hammer and puts his shield into a defensive position.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-07-11, 09:46 PM
Pressing on, you rounded the corner, only to find yourself face to face with six skeleton warriors, all in formation, as if they were expecting you.

Everyone, roll initiative again.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-07-26, 09:44 PM
The skeletons seemed to wait in formation, daring you to come close.

Havok, it's your turn to start

Grimaximus
2021-07-27, 09:03 AM
Seeing their formation, havok looks to put a hole in it. His eyes glow red with shadowy smoke, and purplish red flame appears in his lower right hand as he extends it and let’s loose an eldritch blast at the front center skeleton (9 force damage). He then holds his position.

whiteflash
2021-07-27, 04:03 PM
Human Rogue

Jean silently nocks an arrow and sends it flying at a nearby skeleton.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-07-27, 04:16 PM
Jean's arrow managed to find its mark, puncturing into the first skeleton's rusty armor. It was a direct hit, but the skeleton maintained its composure, and held its ground. The second skeleton wasn't so lucky, however, as Grim's eldritch blast, well, blasted it to smithereens, making a hole in the formation. The first skeleton stepped forward, and attacked Katherine, now that the formation had been broken.

It is now Zephyr's turn.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Ramsus
2021-07-29, 11:37 AM
Human Artificer

Zephyr doesn't do anything particularly fancy. Not a lot to do aside from stay in the back row. So she simply throws her magic infused dagger at the skeleton straight ahead of herself and Katherine.

Attack vs Sk1: [roll0]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-08-01, 06:34 PM
The dagger flew straight into the second skeleton's skull, its blade embedding itself in between the skeleton's empty eye sockets. It collapsed shortly after, not likely to get back up.

It is now Xander's turn

gryffydd65
2021-08-01, 08:54 PM
Xander swings his war hammer at the closest skeleton.

[roll0] [roll1]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-08-01, 09:02 PM
Unfortunately for Xander, he was unable to get past the skeleton's shield, which absorbed all the blows he launched. Skeleton 3 retaliates, thrusting its rusty shortsword out towards Xander.

Damage: [roll1]

It is now Katherine's turn

Luccan
2021-08-09, 11:10 PM
Katherine steps up beside Xander (AI 7) Be well, my friend. her holy symbol glows as she imbues her words with her deity's will. She readies herself to defend her ally and stabs her spear at the Skeleton to her side (Sk1)

Casting Healing Word [roll0]

To-hit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-08-09, 11:28 PM
Katherine's spear leaped forward, skewering the skull of the skeleton right in the face, and dislodging it from the rest of the skeleton. The skeleton's bones, armor, and weapons clattered to the ground, as the skeleton faced a new end. Skeleton 4 would step up, and launch an attack on Katherine as she reeled back from defeating Skeleton 1, thrusting its rusty Augustan shortsword forward. Skeleton 5 would also rush Katherine, taking Skeleton 2's old spot, and thrusting out with its own shortsword out at her. Skeleton 6, meanwhile, would remain behind Skeleton 3.

Skeleton 4 Attack: [roll0]
Skeleton 4 Damage: [roll1]

Skeleton 5 Attack: [roll2]
Skeleton 5 Damage: [roll3]

It is now Jean's turn.

whiteflash
2021-08-10, 12:11 PM
Human Rogue

"Oh, that's not good."

Jean tries to put an arrow in Skeleton 4, hoping to put it down and take some pressure off Katherine.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-08-10, 12:25 PM
The arrow would fly true, striking the skeleton in a rusty spot in the middle of its armor. The arrow punctured right through the rust, and into the skeleton's ribcage with a cracking of old bones. It recoiled slightly, before regaining its composure.

It is now Havok's turn

Grimaximus
2021-08-13, 02:37 PM
Havok also keys on skeleton 4 hoping to finish the job, his eyes flare once more and he lets an eldritch blast fly.
(Atk 23, Force Dmg 8)

LoneStarCowboy
2021-08-27, 10:32 PM
The skeleton recoiled at the extreme force, its shield keeping it from barely toppling over.

It is now Zephyr's turn

Ramsus
2021-08-27, 11:28 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyr moves up, shield held in front of her, to close the gap in their front line and tries to stab into the skull of the skeleton directly in front of her.

Attack vs Sk1: [roll0]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-08-28, 07:22 AM
Zephyr managed to deftly get past the skeleton's defenses, and stab her dagger into its skull. As the dagger met the skull, the rest of the skeleton collapsed, re-dead

It is now Xander's turn

gryffydd65
2021-08-31, 08:06 AM
Xancar swung his war hammer at the menacing skeleton but was unable to get a strike in.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-09-17, 08:22 PM
The skeleton was able to keep its shield up, absorbing all of Xander's blows. Skeleton 3 thrusted out its sword in a flurry of stabs, trying to find purchase on Xander

Skeleton Attack: [roll0]
Skeleton Damage: [roll1]

Luccan
2021-09-19, 02:38 PM
Katherine stabs at skeleton 3, hoping to catch it while it's entangled with Xander.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Also, the next attack on any ally within 5 feet of me has disadvantage thanks to Shield of the Faithful

LoneStarCowboy
2021-10-03, 06:34 PM
Katherine stabs at skeleton 3, hoping to catch it while it's entangled with Xander.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Also, the next attack on any ally within 5 feet of me has disadvantage thanks to Shield of the Faithful

The stab caught the skeleton off guard, the spear driving into the skeleton's shoulder. Skeleton 5 tries to retaliate, while Skeleton 6 holds its ground.

Skeleton attack: [roll0]
Skeleton damage: [roll1]
Skeleton damage (if crit): [roll2]

whiteflash
2021-11-21, 12:11 PM
Human Rogue

Jean sends an arrow at the wounded skeleton.

LoneStarCowboy
2021-11-21, 08:16 PM
Human Rogue

Jean sends an arrow at the wounded skeleton.

The skeleton reels hard as the arrow strikes it. It poises itself to attack

It is now Havok's turn

Grimaximus
2021-12-02, 11:00 AM
Havok sees the skeleton about to strike Jean and his eyes flair as he sends an eldritch blast into its face.

Grimaximus
2021-12-02, 11:04 AM
try this again

LoneStarCowboy
2021-12-05, 03:50 PM
The skeleton, having seen Havok's movement, was able to quickly raise its shield to meet the eldritch blast, blocking it.

It is now Zephyr's turn

Ramsus
2021-12-05, 04:10 PM
Human Artificer

Zephyr closes with the remaining skeletons and slashes with her dagger.

Move from AH7 to AI9.

Attack vs Sk3: [roll0]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-12-08, 04:16 PM
The skeleton managed to raise its shield quickly enough that it was able to block the dagger. Xander, meanwhile, steps up, swinging his warhammer at the skeleton in front of him, catching the skeleton by surprise, smashing its skull to pieces. The rest of the skeleton falls over, the frontline completely decimated

Luccan
2021-12-12, 08:17 PM
Katherine steps past Zephyr and around the last skeleton, brandishing her spear. She stabs for its head with a fierce shout

[roll0]

[roll1]

LoneStarCowboy
2021-12-19, 03:45 PM
Katherine steps past Zephyr and around the last skeleton, brandishing her spear. She stabs for its head with a fierce shout

[roll0]

[roll1]

The skeleton was taken off-guard by Katherine, taking the spear to its bony shoulder. It recoiled, before turning its attention on Katherine. Meanwhile, Skeleton 5 takes the time to thrust its sword at Zephyr

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1] piercing damage

Skeleton 6 also readied its sword, suddenly thrusting it out at Katherine, to return the favor

Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage roll: [roll3] piercing damage

It is now Jean's turn