PDA

View Full Version : Marrulurk Thief/Necromancer build?

Khatoblepas
2021-01-29, 09:28 AM
One of my favorite characters in d&d was Msrah, a Marrulurk Thief/Necromancer in adnd 2e (my avatar), and I've always wanted to build him in 3.5, but that edition doesn't have the same multiclassing rules as 2e. He's a little circus dog who learnt ancient magic from scrolls he dug up from graves. I want to have a good spread of abilities for him, but it's pretty difficult to get everything good enough without MAD or losing 9th level spells. Marrulurks have three racial hit die so getting those 9ths is tough.

I'm thinking Marrulurk 3/Archivist/Spelldancer/Hexer
For that sweet persistent hunters eye action and wizard only spells like Animate Dread Warrior. But that's very MAD with int, wis, cha (for death attack) and dex.

Anyone got any suggestions for this particular concept?
- I can use any source, dragon magazine included. So long as its published in some way.
- I want the ability to raise lots of cool kinds of undead. Really dig into the obscure and interesting.
- Acrobatics and performance are also an integral part of the character. Spell dancer is cool for this, but if there's some way to do it otherwise, I'd love to know.
- I'd like to be able to use the abilities that come with the Marrulurk chassis. Death attack, sneak attack, etc. If I could get Assassin spells on my spell list somehow that would be great.

I know that rogue and necromancer don't mix very well, and using this monster race is further complicating matters, but he's an important character to me.

Rebel7284
2021-01-29, 10:05 AM
Necromancer 5/Unseen Seer 10/x2 ?

Your racial HD give you most of the skills you need, but I think you might need to spend a feat to pick up Search too if you want to enter on time.