PDA

View Full Version : Potions

DeShurland
2021-01-29, 11:53 AM
Hi

I am DM'ing Tomb of Annihilation, and have a druid in the party. They have a herbalism kit and are keen on brewing potions. I possibly want to expand the kit to include a few poison slots.

I was wondering if someone had any information on Chult and the fauna, or if they can point me in the right direction. I will look adding these into the game for potion brewing.

Thanks

Unoriginal
2021-01-29, 12:08 PM
Hi

I am DM'ing Tomb of Annihilation, and have a druid in the party. They have a herbalism kit and are keen on brewing potions. I possibly want to expand the kit to include a few poison slots.

I was wondering if someone had any information on Chult and the fauna, or if they can point me in the right direction. I will look adding these into the game for potion brewing.

Thanks

Potion brewing is generally completely environment-independent, as it handwaves those details (a DM can of course decide you can't search for ingredients in X environment). Potions outside of the standard healing potion are all magic items, which require a formula to craft. Regular healing potions simply take 25 gp and a workday to craft.

Aside from that, I don't think you're going to find more detailed info on the flora and fauna of Chult than the parts of the module describing them. Including the section on special hazards.

Phhase
2021-02-01, 05:44 PM
Here, try this!
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?479663-Magical-Plants-and-Where-to-Find-them-WIP