PDA

View Full Version : Is a flying race on a genielock worth it?

Greywander
2021-01-30, 07:18 PM
I often find myself drawn to tieflings, often for two reasons: Infernal Constitution and wings. Genielocks already get flight as a class feature, although that flight has limited uses. At-will flight allows you to use it more casually for things you wouldn't normally want to spend resources on. The genielock flight wouldn't be totally useless, as it works without wings (in case you can't use them for some reason) and you can hover.

Is it worth it? If not, what are some other races with features that complement a genielock nicely? I was also looking at some kind of elf in order to get the Trance feature, so that I can more easily long rest inside my vessel.

Unoriginal
2021-01-30, 10:27 PM
I often find myself drawn to tieflings, often for two reasons: Infernal Constitution and wings. Genielocks already get flight as a class feature, although that flight has limited uses. At-will flight allows you to use it more casually for things you wouldn't normally want to spend resources on. The genielock flight wouldn't be totally useless, as it works without wings (in case you can't use them for some reason) and you can hover.

Is it worth it? If not, what are some other races with features that complement a genielock nicely? I was also looking at some kind of elf in order to get the Trance feature, so that I can more easily long rest inside my vessel.

You could try one of the Tiefling bloodlines that don't have wings. They're pretty nice.

OldTrees1
2021-01-30, 10:44 PM
Genie patron offers Fly 30 x 10 minutes x Prof Bonus (min 3). That is a lot of flight.

If you were going for tiefling for the wings -> Genie flight is enough, you are free to pick a race for flavor (or if none catches your fancy, Half Elf has Skills).
If you like tieflings -> Consider one of their alternatives to wings and then fluff the genie flight as tiefling wings.