PDA

View Full Version : The Accord Fabricator

Hario
2007-11-07, 03:18 PM
Prerequisites: Bardic Music Ability, Perform (Vocal, drums, or Strings ) 12 ranks, Must be either inducted by another Accord Fabricator or start an organization, or band of other Accord Fabricators.

The Festivities of music has driven many a few performers to the way of the Accord Fabricator. An Accord Fabricator take her knowledge and faith into their own hands. The Accord Fabricator takes music and forms it into its own faith and enters a zeal like state.

Alignment: Any

Hit Dice D6

Skill Points 4+ int Skills

Class Skills Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (None), Spellcraft (Int), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Level 1. BaB 1 Fort +2 Reflex +2 Will +2 Bardic knowlege, Zeal performance(enthrall)
Level 2 BaB 2 Fort +3 Reflex +3 Will +3 Zeal performance (fabricate)
Level 3 BaB 3 Fort +3 Reflex +3 Will +3 Zeal Performance (true creation)

Zeal performance, when at least 2 Accord Fabricators use their bardic music ability, they enter a Zeal-like state in which the fabricators cannot do any actions until their bardic music is over, as if under an Otto's irrisistable dance, By using a Bardic music it acts as the Enthrall spell equal to the character level.
At Level 2 the Accord Fabricator can emulate the spell fabricate when 3 or more accord fabricators use their bardic music ability, the fabricate spell equals a caster level equal to all of their Accord fabricator levels
At Level 3 the Accord Fabricator can emulate the spell True creation when 4 or more accord fabricators use their bardic music ability, the True Creation spell equals a caster level equal to the single accord fabricator level x the number of accord fabricators. (we built this city on rock and roll!)

Maerok
2007-11-07, 03:51 PM
FYI:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/pwned101/t3h_ch4rt.png

AstralFire
2007-11-07, 04:31 PM
Accord Fabricator
Hit Die: d6

Requirements:
To become an Accord Fabricator, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
Skills: Perform (Vocal, drums, or Strings ) 12 ranks
Special: Bardic music ability.
Special: Must be either inducted by another Accord Fabricator or start an organization, or band of other Accord Fabricators.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+2|Concert d'Accord, Musical Training, Enthralling Performance

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|Creative Performance

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+3|Genesis Symphony[/table]

Class Skills:
The Accord Fabricator's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (None), Spellcraft (Int), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha)..

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Class Features
All the following are class features of the Accord Fabricator prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Accord Fabricators gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Concert d'Accord (Su): When two or more Accord Fabricators perform within hearing range of one another, they may each use their Bardic Music ability to enter a rapturous state of music-making. They may take no other actions while in a Concert, and in order for the ability to work properly, they must both be playing the same type of performance.

Musical Training: The character's levels in Accord Fabricator stack with their levels in whatever class granted them the Bardic Music class ability for purposes of determining their daily usages of Bardic Music.

Enthralling Performance (Su): As a standard action, two Accord Fabricators working in concert can create a majestic symphony of music that grabs the attention of all who listen. All who can hear must make a will save of DC (15+Class Level+Charisma Modifier) or become enthralled, as the spell.

Creative Performance (Su): Beginning at second level, the Accord Fabricator can emulate the spell Fabricate when in a Concert d'Accord. This spell's caster level is equal to the combined Perform ranks of the Fabricators performing in the concert.

Genesis Symphony (Su): Beginning at third level, the Accord Fabricator can emulate the spell True Creation when in a Concert d'Accord. This spell's caster level is equal to the combined Perform ranks of the Fabricators performing in the concert.

----

Here, try that on for size.

Seems a bit odd, though. Ludicrous BAB and Saves, no spellcasting, dependent upon allies to even work, but they're not combat abilities. Not sure where to place it in balance.

Hario
2007-11-07, 05:26 PM
Thanks astral fire, it seems to fit very well, I didn't quite look at the format of PrC's while writing it in class. Though you seemed to sum up the class fairly well, I wanted basic spell like abilities and I didn't feel adding +1 arcane spellcasting or +1 divine since I didn't feel it'd fit. I totally could see a group of friends wanting to start a rock band with this PrC. I made it so by a minimum of level 12 you could have true creation which I feel is a fair level since in eberron you can get it from the syberies mark of making by that level.

DracoDei
2007-11-09, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I would drop the BAB back a bit on general principle probably... not that it makes much of a difference.
Seems sorta a 60's cartoon show feel... a musical number will solve almost any problem...

Magnor Criol
2007-11-09, 10:12 AM
Maybe I'm missing something because I'm lacking the details on the True Creation spell, but this class, as it is, seems quite powerful.

First off, you set no limits on the amount that Fabricate and True Creation can be used. As it is, for even just a Concert that lasts one round, they could theoretically create infinite objects, since there's no limit on how many things they can make. You need to set some limit, like stating that the spell-like abilities can be used "Once per Concert" or "Once every X round the concert is held out". Further, they should probably be exclusive - as in, you get an opportunity every X rounds (or once per concert, or whatever you choose) to use either Fabricate or True Creation (Once you have both unlocked, that is - else it's just Fabricate) and when you use one, you can't use the other until your next opportunity comes up.

Considering this is only a three-level PrC, and from it you get two strong creation abilities that you can use any time you have a companion Accord Fabricator, I don't think that you should have spellcasting progression. If they really need that extra level, they can alternate between this class and another one that grants them spellcasting ability. If you really want to, just put in a "+1 level of existing spellcasting class" in for the second level; that seems about right.

As an interesting idea that encourages more Accord Fabricators to work together, how about if the DC for Enthralling Performance was set by how many Fabricators were involved? Something like DC 10 x (Number of Fabricators participating) for the base DC - so if it were two Fabricators, it'd be DC 20, and three, it'd be DC 30, and so on. You'd have to somehow figure out how to incorporate Perform bonuses into that DC, I suppose, but the idea's intriguing.