PDA

View Full Version : Glamour Bard magical secrets options.

Snig
2021-02-01, 01:15 PM
Hey everyone. I'm wondering what everyone's favorite spells to pick up with their Bard's magical secrets? I'm playing a Glamour Bard x Hexblade 2.

Right now I'm thinking about..
- Cone of Cold
- Holy Weapon
- Crown of Stars

I'm playing her as a Norse goddess Aasimar, so any thematic spells would be a bonus which is why I chose my current selection.

https://ibb.co/tYG8hjW

KorvinStarmast
2021-02-01, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone. I'm wondering what everyone's favorite spells to pick up with their Bard's magical secrets? I'm playing a Glamour Bard x Hexblade 2.

- Cone of Cold
- Holy Weapon
- Crown of Stars

I'm playing her as a Norse goddess Aasimar, so any thematic spells would be a bonus which is why I chose my current selection.

https://ibb.co/tYG8hjW I'd go crown of stars: it seems to fit your theme perfectly, and it's a good spell for that level. (A lot of people suggest wall of force at level 10 bard; it's a very useful spell).

Aaron Underhand
2021-02-01, 01:25 PM
Counterspell
Find greater steed

Skemo
2021-02-01, 02:29 PM

- Cone of Cold
- Holy Weapon
- Crown of Stars

I'm currently playing a Order Cleric 1/Glamour Bard 14. I went with:

(10) - Wall of Force/Counterspell
(14) - Simulacrum/Soul Cage

Your choices are dependent on who else is in your party and the role you are trying to fill. I was the only full caster for much of this campaign so I wanted spells that have uses in and out of combat. Counterspell is a staple, there are much "cooler" spells out there, but as you get higher level you need someone who can cast it. WoF is incredible in so many applications, and it jives well with the Glamour Bard's roll as a controller.

At 14 I went with Simulacrum because who doesn't want to break the game, and I've never had it before nor do I see myself playing a Wizard to get it in the future. All around amazing spell if you have the cash/time. Another spell that enables a lot of creative applications in and out of combat. Lastly, Soul Cage was a pick mainly tied to the campaign I'm playing in. Amazing way to get information from an NPC you've killed, and has lots of other uses.

Another thing to keep in mind is only 1 of my 4 picks require concentration, which is a key factor as you rise in level and have multiple conc. spells that you want to be able to use depending on the situation.

I personally wouldn't grab Cone of Cold when Bards have Synaptic Static on their list. SS is a great spell full stop, though it is physic fireball so targeting can be hard in a crowd. I love Holy Weapon and Crown of Stars, though Bard's have a lot of uses of their Bonus Action, so keep that in mind when thinking about CoS. Holy Weapon does eat your concentration, but it is a fantastic buff, and it was something I considered as well.

Another strong (and thematic) pick would be Find Greater Steed. How cool is it for a Norse Goddess to roll up on a majestic Pegasus?! Conjure Celestial would also fit thematically, and it is an amazing spell with a lot of utility.