PDA

View Full Version : human soul eater

tepes
2021-02-01, 04:20 PM
so my goal is to get a human to qualify for the soul eater prestige class from BoVD, specifically I'm looking for options that would change there type from humanoid without disfiguring them too much, the reason for this is that the NPC's hole shtick is to be physically alluring.

thanks in advance. :smallbiggrin:

Doctor Despair
2021-02-01, 05:00 PM
Mulhorandi Divine Minion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) of Sebek (LA+1) makes you an outsider. You get permanent, at-will wildshape into a crocodile. I don't think it changes your appearance otherwise. Use weapon focus on one of your natural weapons. Fluff-wise, your deity transformed you.

Maat Mons
2021-02-01, 05:23 PM
The Otherworldly feat is probably the best option.

There are various spells that can change your type temporarily. And I think there are even a few magic items that can change your type indefinitely. According to some, you only need to be non-humanoid to take your first level of Soul Eater. After that, you can go right back to being a humanoid.

And if you can't go back to being a humanoid and retain your abilities from Soul Eater, then never use the Soul Radiance ability given by that class to imitate a humanoid victim. That thing is based on Shapechange, which changes your type, so using this ability granted by the PrC can make you stop qualifying for the PrC.

Gruftzwerg
2021-02-01, 07:43 PM
so my goal is to get a human to qualify for the soul eater prestige class from BoVD, specifically I'm looking for options that would change there type from humanoid without disfiguring them too much, the reason for this is that the NPC's hole shtick is to be physically alluring.

thanks in advance. :smallbiggrin:

why not approach the situation from the other side?

Use any nonhumanoid (e.g. Goliath, DWK, Warforged) with either Urban Druid (lvl 5 can urban shape into humanoids) or DFA (can pick humanoid shape at lvl 6).

Crake
2021-02-01, 07:57 PM
Elan are effectively humans, but have the abberation type.

why not approach the situation from the other side?

Use any nonhumanoid (e.g. Goliath, DWK, Warforged) with either Urban Druid (lvl 5 can urban shape into humanoids) or DFA (can pick humanoid shape at lvl 6).

One level in egoist psion can get minor change shape as an alternate class feature instead of their level 1 bonus feat.

Gruftzwerg
2021-02-02, 01:31 AM
Elan are effectively humans, but have the abberation type.

One level in egoist psion can get minor change shape as an alternate class feature instead of their level 1 bonus feat.

Reminds me that I still need to get into psionics and essentias in 3.5 ...^^

And the Minor Change Shape reminds me of Changelings:

Add type changing templates to a Changeling. E.g. Half-Celestial/-Dragon/-Fey/-Fiend
use minor change shape to look "normal".

WhamBamSam
2021-02-02, 09:22 AM
The Otherworldly feat is probably the best option.Seconding this. Champions of Valor expands the original regional options to include ones that work for humans, like Mullhorandi Royal and Celestial-Attended Birth.

A number of classes can change your type with relatively little outward change. Knight of the Sacred Seal does it in 5 levels and is a martial-ish PrC with an overlapping prerequisite, off the top of my head.

If temporary qualification is acceptable, there are a number of relatively low-level spells that change type. Aberrate has the annoying fiend component and Aspect of the Wolf has Range: Personal, so you’d need to be able to cast it yourself or UMD a scroll, but Essence of the Dragon gets the job done at 2nd with no such strings attached.

Falontani
2021-02-02, 08:25 PM
Reminds me that I still need to get into psionics and essentias in 3.5 ...^^

And the Minor Change Shape reminds me of Changelings:

Add type changing templates to a Changeling. E.g. Half-Celestial/-Dragon/-Fey/-Fiend
use minor change shape to look "normal".

Level 1 changeling
Feat: Racial Emulation
Level 1 Class: Half-Elf Paragon
Half-Elf Paragon Bonus feat: Dragonwrought (obtained by emulating the kobold race)
Now you have the Dragon Type, and can look like any humanoid you want to. If flaws are available swap Half-Elf Paragon for Changeling Rogue 1 for 10+int skills, and the ability to take 10 in a crap ton of social skills. If you take Changeling Rogue level 1 with a 14 int you get yourself 48 skill points with most of the skills on your class skill list. There are some ACFs such as Wilderness Rogue to swap out a few skills for some others.

Daelkyr Half-Blood is a Human with a tiny symbiont that can easily hide under your clothes with the Aberration Type.
Elan has been mentioned as the Psionic Human that is actually an Aberration.
Tibbit is another good one; Monstrous Humanoid (Shapechanger) that can take the form of a cat, or look reasonably like a smol hooman (halfling?).

Those are the low hanging fruit that are easy to grab at.

You want to look great with good stats?
Say hello to the Primordial Half-Troll Lesser Aasimar.
Fiend Folio says that Half-Troll is LA +4, The Level Adjustment Thread that has been going around for years recently judged it to be worth LA +2 without LA buyoff. LA +4 with LA buyoff is really hard to chew, but you could probably convince a DM to allow you it for +3 with buyoff.
Your stats would look like: Str +2, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +4. Fast Healing 5, 2 claw attacks, bite attack, Rend, Scent, Darkvision, +4 NA, 3 misc minor elemental resistances, +2 spot, +2 listen, +2 spellcraft, +2 use magic device, Daylight 1/day, an SLA usable at will, and +1 CL on all SLAs. Decent at just about everything, and you get to buyoff your LA at 9, 15, and 18, while your Fast Healing will carry you fairly well through the beginning. You also have the natural attacks for Soul Eater!

TLDR: Daelkyr Half-Blood, Elan, or Tibbit are your go to easy ones, Changeling is a cheesy fun one, a few regional feats for others, or just eat the LA! If you don't do one of those you aren't going to look human. Which may or may not be what you want.