PDA

View Full Version : AC Odyssey Easter Egg (With AC Odyssey spoilers)

Sonata Arctica
2021-02-01, 06:22 PM
You know, this may sound like just coincidence, or even a copyright violation joke, but there’s this huge evidence I just noticed the very popular game Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has an Easter Egg of The Order of The Stick.

The evidence:
The main character has this legendary weapon that used to be his/her grandfather’s, who was this great hero (Greenhilt’s sword/Leonidas’s spear)
The main character meets his/her grandfather in afterlife (Eugene/Leonidas)
The main character and the e grandfather goes fishing together (!!!!!)

Still playing it, but if there’s some special move to be learned from him...

OrbanSirgen
2021-02-02, 07:40 PM
Those are fairly common tropes that have long pre-dated OotS...
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnfinishedBusiness
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroesGoneFishing

Grey_Wolf_c
2021-02-02, 10:32 PM
"Going to the underworld and meeting old heroes/friends/mentors/family members" is a trope so common in greek mythology that I'd have a harder time thinking of a classical hero that didn't do it than the other way round. Personal favourite: when Heracles is sent to capture Cerberus and runs across Theseus.

GW

Fyraltari
2021-02-03, 03:49 AM
"Going to the underworld and meeting old heroes/friends/mentors/family members" is a trope so common in greek mythology that I'd have a harder time thinking of a classical hero that didn't do it than the other way round. Personal favourite: when Heracles is sent to capture Cerberus and runs across Theseus.

GW

My favorite "going to the underworld" has got to be the time Theseus agreed to help his buddy Pirithous to kidnap Persephone. Like, how did they ever picture this ending well?

Schroeswald
2021-02-04, 09:19 AM
My favorite "going to the underworld" has got to be the time Theseus agreed to help his buddy Pirithous to kidnap Persephone. Like, how did they ever picture this ending well?

To be fair to our boys they had just succeeded in kidnapping child Helen of Troy, to be balanced to our boys one of them was planning on marrying her when she grew up in his custody.

quinron
2021-02-04, 07:12 PM
Tangentially: I'm 100% convinced Kanye West reads/read OotS. My evidence: his guest verse in Katy Perry's "E.T." uses the phrase "bathe my ape" in what seems to be a sexually suggestive context. Literally the only time I've ever heard that phrase, much less heard it used that way, is when Tarquin says it as a wink-wink-nudge-nudge after thinking Elan's "washing our orangutan" excuse was a euphemism. And that strip pre-dates the song.

Yuki Akuma
2021-02-04, 07:25 PM
Read something other than Order of the Stick.

Broaden your horizons.

Emanick
2021-02-05, 12:36 AM
Read something other than Order of the Stick.

Broaden your horizons.

Were you talking to Sonata or jinjitsu? Because I kinda love the idea that Kanye West reads OOTS. It's just crazy enough to be true.