15 1 Mara Toss Acid Flask
15 1 Gurlen Hold Action
13 1 Edehel Fire Arrow
12 1 Thamyn throw alchemist fire
8 1 Targ Bless
7 1 Relgan Hammer Throw
5 1 Ielisia Mage Armour
5 1 Argent Defensive stance

still waiting on action for Edehel - but he did say that he was going to be sporadic whilst he was in France. Therefore I'm going to assume he fires one of his fire damaging arrows and roll on his behalf.

Edehel attack (d20+9)[21] damage (1d6)[1] flame

Three quarters of the shambling group rush forwards coming into view around the corner (Position XX) Mara's flask of acid sails towards the group, but glances off the shoulder of her target before shattering against the rough rock wall of the natural passageway. Most of the group continue on but two of the shambling creatures stop and peer in the direction the flask came from, sniffing to try and locate the source.

Relgan's hammer moves swiftly towards the packed group, but snags in a tattered cloak of one of the creatures before returning to him.

The elvish archer leans to one side as one of the group lets forth a massive roar of rage, cooly sending a shaft into it's open mouth with pinpoint accuracy. It's snaps back as the shaft lodges but the oil fails to light properly only doing minimal damage. The creature stops however trying to remove the annoying shaft and is trampled by the group behind it.

Thamyn also tosses a flask of alchemist fire from Ara's pack (I rolled for him IRL), which lands true striking the lead creature in the face, and splattering the rest with drops of flame which they ignore in their headlong rush. Two of the creatures, including the one whose hair is aflame move in his direction.

There are five undead that will hit the first rank (Thamyn, Gurlen, Argent, Relgan, Targ) the next round. Remember that their Initiatives were well rolled with 22,20,20,19,16,16,12,3 so most of the group will act before you

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-08, 08:30 AM
Damn...
Mara, now visible, draws he bow and notches an arrow.
Might not hurt much but it's better than twiddling my thumbs.
She fires at one of the zombies who turns towards her, hoping to atleast distract it from her friends.
[roll0] to hit, [roll1] damage :smallmad: damn undead. Also, if there's time in the round, she will try to scootch so that if her potion wears off she doesn't take a nasty drop.

Jagg
2007-11-08, 09:23 AM
@PPP

Pick one of the initiatives that you are targeting so I can keep a running total on damage

technophile
2007-11-08, 10:02 AM
Ielisia steadies her crossbow and takes aim at the slowest of the staggering corpses (the Init 3 one), using her 5' step to get an unobstructed shot at it if necessary. She pulls the trigger, sending the magical bolt on its way, then draws its brother from her quiver and reloads the crossbow.

I'm assuming that next round the first bolt will return and she can pick it up and use it to reload after her next shot, using each bolt every other round until she stops shooting; let me know if I'm confused ;)

Crossbow shot: [roll0]
Bolt damage: [roll1]
Flame damage: [roll2]

Prepared Spells:
0: Resistance, Detect Magic x2, Message
1: Ray of Enfeeblement, Color Spray, Magic Weapon
2: Protection From Arrows, Extended Protection from Evil, Extended Magic Weapon

Active Effects:
Mage Armor (CL3), AC 15

Current HP: 9

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-08, 10:41 AM
@PPP

Pick one of the initiatives that you are targeting so I can keep a running total on damage

which initiatives looked at Mara? One of them, doesn't matter which.

lotofsnow
2007-11-08, 01:38 PM
With a snarl at the mass of vile corruption lumbering towards him, Relgan lashes out at the two closest with hammer and ax.

Hammer Attack on Initiative 21: [roll0], damage on contact: [roll1] + [roll2] fire damage (separated in case they have some sort of resistance).

Dwarven Waraxe Attack on first Initiative 20: [roll3], damage on contact: [roll4]

lotofsnow
2007-11-08, 01:48 PM
Also, add +1 to each of Relgan's attack rolls... I forgot to calculate in the Bless buff.

Argent:

The name of Moradin erupting from his lips, Argent steps forward to wade into the coming mass of undead next to his brother-in-arms, his warhammer swinging.

Primary Hammer Attack on 2nd Init. 20: [roll0], damage on contact: [roll1]
Secondary Hammer Attack on same or Init 19 if other has fallen: [roll2], damage: [roll3]

technophile
2007-11-08, 02:05 PM
Also, add +1 to each of Relgan's attack rolls... I forgot to calculate in the Bless buff.
Same here... so Ielisia hits AC 9 instead of 8. :smalltongue:

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-08, 08:31 PM
(me too. +1 to attack roll)

Jagg
2007-11-10, 12:10 AM
Apologies for the delay guys.

{table]Initative| Round| Character| Action
22|2|Undead 1|Attack
20|2|Undead 2|Attack
20|2|Undead 3|Attack
19|2|undead 4|Attack
16|2|Undead 5|Attack
16|2|Undead 6|Attack
15|2|Mara| Shoot Arrow
15|2|Gurlen|Attack undead
13|2|Edehel|Fire Arrow
12|2|Thamyn|throw alchemist fire
12|2|Undead 7|Assist other
8|2|Targ| XX
7|2|Relgan|Attack Zombies
5|2|Ielisia|Shoot Bolt
5|2|Argent|Attack Undead
3|2|Undead 8|Attack[/table]

Um I'm still missing Targ's Action for round 2!!

Jagg
2007-11-10, 12:46 AM
Undead 1 Attack - Relgan [roll0] damage [roll1]
Undead 2 Attack - Argent [roll2] damage [roll3]
Undead 3 Attack - Gurlen [roll4] damage [roll5]
Undead 4 Attack - Thamyn [roll6] damage [roll7]
Undead 5 Attack - Targ [roll8] damage [roll9]
Undead 6 Attack - Ielisia [roll10] damage [roll11]
Mara Shoot Arrow HIT
Gurlen Attack [roll12] Damage [roll13]
Edehel Fire Arrow [roll14] damage [roll15]
Thamyn dagger attack [roll16] damage [roll17]
Undead 7 Assist other
Targ XX
Relgan Attack Zombies Hit Hit
Ielisia Shoot Bolt Miss
Argent Attack Undead Hit Miss
Undead 8 Attack - Mara [roll18] damage [roll19]

Gah crap rolls! Wow that took a long time to type out. Hastuur you haven't warned you would be unable to post...please post immediately what your action is or you will lose it.

The shambling undead rush forward like a breaking wave. But like a wave their momentum is shattered by the solid dwarf presence at the front of the group. The roars of the undead are drowned out by an answering roar from Argent and the other dwarfs, lashing forwards with their weapons and cutting deeply into the undead, as the undead attempt to grapple and bite with the group.

Relgan's weapons appear particularly devastating. His magically enhanced weapon, delivers a thundering blow that splits open the corpse that drops bonelessly to the ground. He then swings his second weapon that bursts into flame as it descends into the body of another undead, breaking away the shoulder completely and driving the corpse into the passage wall where it remains still.

Mara delivers another arrow into the undead that is beginning to reach for her but it appears to do little damage as two of the undead team up to try and reach her position. As one lifts the other who swipes and misses at Mara, another arrow from Edehel flashes past the front line and strikes expertly in the knee of the creature at the bottom. They collapse together in a tangled mess.

Gurlen strikes bravely with his axe, but doesn't fell his opponent, whose ripped and torn chain mail appears to have given it some sort of protection.

Argent, takes the attack of the undead on his shield and lashes out with his weapon, the force of his blow clubbing the undead to the ground and breaking it's back in a single blow, his riposte however is fouled as the hammer head doesn't release cleanly and the undead to his right is able to dodge the blow.

An undead at the back is blocked, and throws a large sword over the heads of the dwarves at Ielisia, but the ungainly flight of the huge weapon means it smashes heavily into the wall next to the half elf. Ielisia responds with a bolt that passes through the hair of it's intended target and just misses. Ielisia prepares to draw back the string, and is amazed to see that the string and arms of the crossbow pull back as the bolt reappears in the stock.

An undead lashes out at Thamyn, but the rogue is too fast. Thamyn lashes out with his own dagger, but misses just before Relgan's riposte destroys the creature. "Hey that was my one."

Space left for Targ action

Techno - take a bonus 25 exp for being the only one who did as they were told - making it easy for me to see your a/c, hit points, etc. Hint hint guys

Hastuur
2007-11-10, 08:47 AM
[ooc] Targ round 2 action [\ooc]

Attacking undead 5

Warhammer [roll0] Damage [roll1]

[ooc] Sorry on the delay work was killing my time yesterday. My combat stats have been in my spoiler tag on the sig [\ooc]

Jagg
2007-11-11, 04:57 PM
[ooc] Guys, apologies for the delay - I have an exam coming up and haven't had much time lately[/occ]

Targ smashes his hammer into the undead in front of his who seem reluctant to engage with the dwarven cleric. It fails to fell the foul creature however and it resumes it's attack.

Round three actions guys..
@relgan
Relgan - you can make to those those that are threatening Mara with a charge

lotofsnow
2007-11-11, 05:24 PM
Good luck on your exam!

As the undead he was engaging fall before him, Relgan spies a path to Mara and the foes who have her cornered. After a quick glance at Argent, motioning to him to hold the line, Relgan plunges toward the whisper gnome, putting the weight of his great charge behind a blow to one of the undead attempting to reach her.

Hammer Attack on Undead 8: [roll0], Damage on contact: [roll1] + [roll2] Fire... Critical, that makes it 16 regular +1 fire damage!

Let me just make sure I figured the charging attack bonus right. +3 base +3 strength +1 MW +1 Weap Focus +2 Charge +1 Bless = +11

Hastuur
2007-11-11, 06:49 PM
[ooc] Targ round three action, undead 5 again. I just had my mid-term exam so I was in the same boat. [\ooc]

Seeing that his foe did not drop on that well placed hit he winds up to deliver another. "Go down ye stinking, maggot infested thing ya!!"

Jagg
2007-11-11, 07:22 PM
Good luck on your exam!

As the undead he was engaging fall before him, Relgan spies a path to Mara and the foes who have her cornered. After a quick glance at Argent, motioning to him to hold the line, Relgan plunges toward the whisper gnome, putting the weight of his great charge behind a blow to one of the undead attempting to reach her.

Hammer Attack on Undead 8: [roll0], Damage on contact: [roll1] + [roll2] Fire... Critical, that makes it 16 regular +1 fire damage!

Let me just make sure I figured the charging attack bonus right. +3 base +3 strength +1 MW +1 Weap Focus +2 Charge +1 Bless = +11

Looks good but you need to confirm that crit for me.

lotofsnow
2007-11-11, 07:28 PM
Looks good but you need to confirm that crit for me.

Hahaha...oops.

To confirm critical: [roll0]

technophile
2007-11-12, 10:15 AM
Ielisia smiles grimly as the crossbow reloads itself, and raises it back to her shoulder. She takes aim again, ignoring the large chunk of steel that so rudely crashes into the wall nearby to fire at the undead creature that threw it.

Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Fire damage: [roll2]

Prepared Spells:

Active Effects:
Mage Armor (CL3), AC 15

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-11-13, 11:37 AM
Edehel fires off another arrow at the shambling horde. An uncustomary snarl defigures his face.

Rolls

Comp. Longbow[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

AC 22
HP 18

I am in brussels right now, and the keyboard is most definately not qwerty. It is instead azerty. It is very annoying, this keyboard.

purepolarpanzer
2007-11-13, 11:45 PM
AC 21 HP 21
Seeing Relgan risk life and limb for her, Mara draws back on her bows and sends an arrow at the same dead figure, hoping to put it down for good.
[roll0] to hit, with -4 penalty, [roll1] damage

Jagg
2007-11-15, 01:04 AM
Hi players! Life has been extremely busy for me. Too busy. Until my course is finished (29th November) I need to have a brief hiatus - my apologies - just wanted to update all of you. Apologies for delays

Jagg
2007-11-30, 06:14 PM
Undead 1 Squished
Undead 2 Squished
Undead 3 Attack - Gurlen [roll0] damage [roll1]
Undead 4 Squished
Undead 5 Attack - Targ [roll2] damage[roll3]
Undead 6 Attack - Argent [roll4] damage [roll5]
Mara Shoot Arrow HIT
Gurlen Attack [roll6] damage [roll7]
Edehel Fire Arrow - miss
Thamyn attack [roll8] damage [roll9]
Undead 7 Attack - Relgan [roll10] damage [roll11]
Targ - Miss
Relgan Attack Zombie Hit Critical
Ielisia Shoot Bolt hit
Argent Attack Undead [roll12] damage [roll13] 2nd attack [roll14] damage [roll15]
Undead 8 Attack - Relgan [roll16] damage [roll17]

Jagg
2007-11-30, 06:49 PM
In the confusion of battle it's sometimes hard to keep an eye on everyone. Which is why it seems that Relgan doesn't notice that the undead attacking Gurlen is winning when he rushes to assist Mara. The undead attacks Gurlen, and rips off his shield before sinking its teeth into his arm, Thamyn steps across and tries to distract the creature but is unsuccessful as Gurlen stiffens and falls prone.

The undead that had thrown the sword at Ielisia steps up to attack Argent, raking his hands across his chest ineffectually before Argent unloads a devastating blow smashing the undead into the wall with a "splutch' sound. He turns to assist Gurlen but misses with his swing, leaving the undead untouched.

Targ seems to be having trouble as well, missing the undead facing him, but manages to keep the creature at bay.

Relgan charges across to where Mara is perched and being pressed by two undead, as he closes one of the undead lashes out, the blow striking his helm but not doing any damage. Relgan spins, putting momentum into the blow that crashes into the chest of the undead, crushing sternum, ribs and cracking the spine in one blow. The second undead strikes, but also is ineffective at attacking the powerful dwarven fighter. Mara helps, an arrow striking almost straight down through the top of the skull driving the undead to his knees before it topples bonelesly to one side

Ielisia and Edehel target the undead that is facing Gurlen. The magical bolt of Ielisia is faster than the arrow of Edehel, striking the undead just below the ear, and snapping its head back just enough that the arrow fired by Edehel passes harmlessly by.

Ok there is only 1 undead left (Targ's) I'm going to assume that everyone gets the beat on him (he only has a couple of hitpoints left anyways) I've decided that instead of death of Thamyn, he's going to carry the wounded Gurlen back towards the city and meet the army on the way. I'll wait for you guys to post before doing this however.

Hastuur
2007-12-01, 11:03 AM
Targ hurries over to Gurlen's side and fumbles in his pack for a slender wand. Muttering the activation command he has the wands healing magic help out the wounded dwarf.

[ooc] Wand of healing [roll0] [\ooc]

"That should help him until he gets better help."

He puts the wand away and redies his hammer and shield.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-01, 11:25 AM
(glad to see you back, Jagg)

Damn!
Mara turns from her kill just in time to see one of the beasts viciously bite into Gurlen. She fires an arrow at it, despair filling her heart. A thunderous voice, so foreign from her own soft one, seems to echo in her mind.
You would have been fine! Those undead couldn't have reached you! And when you pulled Relgan away from Gurlen, he fell! It's your fault!
The excitement of battle drops from her face as these dark thoughts swilr in her mind like storm clouds.
It's all my fault...
Attack [roll0] and [roll1] damage.

Jagg
2007-12-03, 01:14 AM
As I said only 1 left and he only has a couple of hit points PPP. Lets see if this works...Sweeeet. You guys are located at F -18. What now troops?

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/917/cavemapug8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

lotofsnow
2007-12-03, 02:48 PM
As the last of the undead falls, Relgan moves closer to Gurlen to inspect the wounded dwarf.

To Targ he says, Gurlen seems stable enough, but is that wound beyond your skill to heal?

Hastuur
2007-12-04, 07:57 AM
After noticing that the remaining undead have been taken care of, Targ sets down his weapon and shiled to get a better look at Gurlen.

"I dinna think so cousin, but I dinna want to exhaust me gift to keep him goin wit more O' those around. Tis may be time fer him ta head back."

He slides off his heavy gauntlets, gives Gurlen a drink from his skin and mutters a prayer while examining his wounds.

[ooc] Healing Check [roll0] [\ooc]

If Targ thinks Gurlen needs more healing to stabilize him he will use his wand again. If not then ignore the wand roll.
Wand of healing [roll1]

technophile
2007-12-04, 11:15 AM
Ielisia walks over to one of the creatures and prods it carefully with one foot, her crossbow aimed at its head. "Foul things. Such an inelegant tool, necromancy."

She watches as Gurlen is tended to and he and Thamyn head back towards the surface, her face unreadable.

Losing our guide will slow us down, she worries to herself. She can feel the seconds and minutes slipping by, a rush of water around her feet that she can no more stop than make a river stand still.

Prepared Spells:

Active Effects:
Mage Armor (CL3), AC 15

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-04, 11:36 PM
Mara eases herself down, and immediately stands to the side, watching Gurlen breathe weakly as Targ examines his wounds. A grim look covers her face like a mask, but the pain of being responsible for his hurt ripped through her insides like a knife. She had known this dwarf for only a short time, but she knew enough about him to know he didn't deserve this. Now he lay, his life in the balance, and she felt that it was all due to her.
If I wasn't so weak Relgan could have held the line and kept Gurlen out of it. It's my fault he's hurt. Why am I SO WEAK!
Unable to hide her feelings, she turns to the stone cavern wall and pounds her fist against it, a sob pulling at her heart strings. But she keeps silent, however. Always silent.

Jagg
2007-12-07, 06:22 AM
Apologies guys the silly season is catching up with me. My wife's xmas party, my xmas party, my team xmas party, drinks with friends...you get the picture. Anywho sorry for the delay

Gurlen gets to his feet slowly after Targ's healing spell, shaking his head to try and clear it.

"You need to go back and get a cure disease." Argent says. "One of us should go with him." Argent says looking around the group. Thamyn steps forwards with a deep sigh. "I'll take him. I wasn't much good back in that fight." he says morosely.

After the two of them leave, the group walks further down the gallery.

You reach a long sraight gallery that fades into the sparse light on the tunnels (k19). The occasional boulder sits in the middle of the gallery jutting up from the floor. No further sign of undead can be seen as the group moves forwards cautiously, weapons at the ready.

Up ahead you can see the start of a tunnel stretching to the right (m20) and another tunnel that leads left further down (q18) no sign of any combatants can be seen in the long tunnel.

Listen check DC 12

You can hear a gutteral sound that is hard to pinpoint in the tunnels and caverns. Beyond a vague sense of "somewhere ahead" it's hard to tell where it is coming from. If you were to guess the nature of the sound, you'd say it came from something large, possibly an animal of some kind.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-07, 07:31 AM
[roll0]
Mara takes her place as scout, pressing ahead of everyone else, trying to hear or see anything threatening.

Hastuur
2007-12-07, 08:06 AM
Listen Check [roll0]

Targ walks carefully trying to be as alert as he can.

"Jus started an two down already. Not what I was expectin. And I canna cure diseases that these tings inflict. Gonna have ta devote more attention ta Moradin's blessin than fightin." he whispers to himself.

whoot!!!, now why cant I roll that in combat--:smallbiggrin:

lotofsnow
2007-12-07, 09:28 AM
Listen Check [roll0]

Despite losing essentially two members of his group this early in the adventure, Relgan's hopes are high. Gurlen should never have been made to fight, Relgan realizes this now, and Thamyn seems skilled enough to be able to return to them once he's escorted the scout to safety. Argent didn't seemed too concerned over the severity of the disease, so why should Relgan be?

One thing that struck an odd chord within him was the sickly look of anguish on Mara's face after the fight. Had one of the creatures touched her? Was she in need of a Cure Disease as well? Relgan has come to like the whisper gnome and he would hate to haver her fall due to her pride. The dwarf knows that gnomes of her kind are generally very suspicious of stranger, and just as she seems to be opening up to the group, Mara pulls back into her shadowy nature. He makes a note to himself to talk to her alone at the most convenient opportunity. Unfortunately, she skipped ahead, no doubt investigating that strange noise coming from the caverns ahead.

Relgan motions the group to stay alert and follow, and he begins slowly tracing the whisper gnome's footsteps deeper into the cave.

technophile
2007-12-07, 09:55 AM
Listen check: [roll0] Ha! oblivious as usual. :smallwink:

Ielisia takes her place in the middle of the column again, crossbow loaded and the arcane energy of her spells a comforting presence in her mind.

Jagg
2007-12-08, 07:20 PM
MAP

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/917/cavemapug8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Uh oh - Your scout didn't hear it - Mara give me a grid reference how far ahead of the group are you? Hastuur Give me a grid for the rest of the group.

The group moves as stealthily as possible down the corridor alert for trouble.

Hastuur
2007-12-09, 09:28 AM
I think we should all be around K19. Depending on how far ahead Mara is.

"I dinna know if y'all hear that, but sometin large sounds ahead. Keep your wits about ye". Targ says to his surrounding members.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-09, 07:11 PM
(Probably approaching N 19, as she would definately wait for the group at an intersection. I'd call it L/M 19 )

Jagg
2007-12-09, 10:30 PM
Nothing happens as the group moves forwards to the first intersection (n20). The intersection is dark, no bugs light the way inside and the opening is irregular and cluttered with loose rock. It would be possible to move deeper into the passageway with a little effort, or someone who was small and nimble enough to do so, and a faint movement of air indicates that the passage is deeper than it first appears.

The sound heard before has ceased.

technophile
2007-12-10, 11:14 AM
Is there enough light for low-light vision to work, or are there any bugs nearby?

Jagg
2007-12-10, 06:21 PM
Low light vision isn't x ray vision. It's cluttered with large rocks that have spaces around them that a small person could squeeze through. You can only see maybe ten feet with the amount of rock in the way.

technophile
2007-12-11, 09:41 AM
Understood, I just meant was there enough light in the areas not blocked by stone that low-light vision made any difference. :)

lotofsnow
2007-12-11, 09:58 AM
Relgan pulls Mara aside into the darkness as the rest of the group peers into the dark passage. His dwarven darkvision allows him to examine her face despite the shadow.

You didn't get hit by any of those undead, did you? You looked pretty shook up back there.

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-11, 08:04 PM
No I'm... fine.
Her small head turns down and to the side, her face as solid as the stone the dwarf knew from birth. But like any stone, he had a sense for it, and he knew that it was a thin wall at best.
It's just... its my fault that Gurlen... if I hadn't... he would be...
She threw herself against the dwarf, sobs wracking her body as she quietly cried into his armor.
It's my fault he's so hurt! If I had been stronger I could have killed those undead my self! You would never have had to come rescue me, Gurlen would be fine, and... and...
Her voice dissolves into gasps for air as she chokes back most of the noise her anguish would evoke, if she wasn't using every ounce of her self control to contain herself.

lotofsnow
2007-12-11, 10:29 PM
Relgan gently pats the whisper gnome, trying to soothe her guilt.

There, there, lass, he says softly, patting her gently on the back. It was no mistake of yours. You did what was asked of you, and you did well to get out of reach of those strange undead. Giving a man a sword and sending him into battle without training him first is more dangerous than sending him to fight without a weapon at all. The error was mine.

Besides, Argent seemed to think all the scout required was the aid of a cleric. I wouldn't be too concerned with him as he is in good hands with Thamyn.

The dwarf waits a moment for Mara to compose herself. Once she does, he adds:

Now, we need you to prove your value to us once again. It seems you might be able to fit into those cracks up there and see what lies beyond. Do you feel you're up to the task?

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-12, 08:44 PM
Mara blinks back her sorrow, keeping herself together asmuch as she can for everyone's sake. The tears stop and the storm inside her calms, but she can still feel the dull pain of guilt.
Aye. I can go on.
She briefly wraps one arm around the broad dwarf, planting a small kiss on his cheek.
Thank you... for listening.
She turns to the cracks, ready to scout ahead.

Jagg
2007-12-12, 11:05 PM
@ Mara

It's obvious that you'll have to remove your backpack, bow and cloak if you are to manouver in the tight spaces of the side passage. The first few feet are problematic, but with a bit of squeeze and a nimble movement you are able to enter the passageway properly, which rises sharply and widens sligtly after about 25 feet. Very little light is available however, and no vivarium bugs are present to light your way. The rocks feel somehow gritty under your hands even though they look smooth in the dim light and traces of grit coat your clothes and hands. Without a light source it will be impossible to see where you are going and quite possibly dangerous as you will need to feel your way ahead blindly.

@everyone else

Mara has moved into the side tunnel and Argent has taken up a defensive position in the tunnel. He beckons the rest of you around and speaks in a soft voice. "We should keep moving forwards once Mara has explored the side tunnel. That sound I heard earlier would seem to indicate however that we are not alone in these tunnels. Do we wait here and see if it will come to us, or go find out what it was?"

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-13, 11:39 PM
(Low light vision and dark vision.:smallbiggrin: )

Jagg
2007-12-14, 12:47 AM
Whoops. Sorry just thought you had low light not dark vision

@Mara

Once past the rock that blocks the entrance of the tunnel it widens and rises at a steep angle. The quarters are tight, even for one of your stature and black grains of what looks like sand coat your clothes and limbs from your squeezing through the tight spaces. After a short distance the tunnel breaks into two. You can see from your position that one of the tunnels is blocked by a large boulder and is impassable. The other tunnel curves and flattens out, following parrallel to the main tunnel for a distance. This gallery at one point widens considerably in height. At this point the ceiling of the tunnel would be 50 ft above you. Color is still hard to see in the tunnel but something metallic gleams in a thick vein far above your head. Once you continue on the tunnel curves again back towards the main tunnel and comes down to join the ceiling. (r21) It's steep and slippery from the sandy black grit that covers the tunnel. If you choose to go this way rather than return give me a balance check DC15. Note falling risk 2d6 damage if you fail you balance check. Will allow you to use climb skill if you prefer.

Hastuur
2007-12-14, 07:21 AM
Targ turns and reguards Argent. "Aye, we should wait fer Mara ta finish checkin out this hole. Don't know if we should wait or go foreward." He turns to face Relgan. "Thoughts cousin?".

Anyone close to Targ can hear him slightly humming to himself. A silent prayer to ease the nerves of the upcomming findings.

lotofsnow
2007-12-15, 05:58 PM
Relgan nods in agreement with Targ.

Once she gets back, we'll proceed with caution. I think we should try to stick as close together as possible from now on in. He looks anxiously down the tunnel, trying to catch a glimpse of the returning whisper gnome.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-12-16, 03:04 PM
(sorry guys, i had a dissapeared)

Edehel's face is grim. Well, grimmer then usual. They had barely started their journey, and already they had lost 2 teammates. Luckily, neither was dead, and Thamyn should return as quick as possible, but it is still a pretty heavy atmosphere in the tunnels. He waits a little behind the others, glancing behind them, straining for any sound of anything approaching them. Maybe the soldiers behind them would be early? That would be a lucky turn of events, and well welcomed. Or, maybe there was a small crevace, overlooked, behind which, dark things would creep up behind them...

He shook his head slightly, banishing unbidden thoughts of many-legged demons looming from the shadows, and watched, carefully.

Edit:I had some rolls here, but they didn't work, and were probably unnessecary. so i edited them out.

Jagg
2007-12-18, 06:31 PM
JAGG taps foot and looks at the bear. We are waiting on our scout, what's the hold up on posting?....

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-18, 11:24 PM
(sorry. Holiday season=hectic)

Mara attempts to keep her footins across the sandy surface, moving slowly and carefully. Her sensesrun a knife's edge, and she is ready to roll with the fall if she slips.
Balance [roll0] And if she falls tumble [roll1]

Jagg
2007-12-19, 01:25 AM
(sorry. Holiday season=hectic)

Mara attempts to keep her footins across the sandy surface, moving slowly and carefully. Her sensesrun a knife's edge, and she is ready to roll with the fall if she slips.
Balance [roll0] And if she falls tumble [roll1]

Mara feels her footing slide as she starts down the end of the tunnel at a steep distance. Seeing no other choice, she attempts to thrust with her feet and turn her uncontrolled fall into a controlled tumble which stops her from taking most of the damage. She lands badly however striking her knee hard on the rocks that have obviously fallen from this end of the passage and lie on the floor of the gallery.

falling damage [roll0] Position s19 on map

technophile
2007-12-19, 10:49 AM
Sorry about the lack of posting, fellas; things have been crazy the last few days.

Ielisia watches the tunnel ahead of them, her senses straining at the encroaching darkness and her heart drumming with her need to find the lost dwarves. She wasn't even sure why she felt it so strongly, but since the moment Dumathoin explained their plight she's been able to turn her thoughts from Coin and his students only with an effort of will. Her determination shines in her face.

"I hope Mara returns swiftly," she murmurs to Edehel. "The longer we linger the more time our enemies have to improve their position."

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-20, 01:49 PM
Mara favors one leg as she carefully looks at her surroundings, before heading back along the path, as silently as possible, to meet her companions.
Spot [roll0] Search [roll1] Move Silently [roll2] Hide [roll3]

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-12-20, 08:57 PM
"I hope that too. It might really slow us down. And I have really bad feelings about those shadows."

He mutters his reply to Ielisia without turning his head from his back-watch, and doesn't look around to see if Mara is there.

Jagg
2008-01-01, 05:20 PM
As Mara makes her way back carefully towards the rest of the group, hiding and moving as silently as possible, she crosses the intersecting passage (Q19). In the light cast from thousands of glowworms she can see a large shape resting beside a boulder that has come loose from the wall. It looks like a toad, but larger than any she has seen before. It's larger than a horse, and it's wide mouth looks capable of swallowing the gnome whole. She manages to creep past gingerly however and return to the group. (N19)

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-01, 09:22 PM
Gwyn hears a soft crunch come from behind him. He whirls around, only too see that it was only Mara.

"What news?" he whispers.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-01, 11:23 PM
Nothing good...
Mara favors her leg, stumbling slightly. her cheeks are still red with the emotion she felt earlier.
Ahead there is a massive toad creature. It may be acting as a sentry, as it appears far from any main force.

lotofsnow
2008-01-06, 02:06 PM
Relgan's relieved smile at Mara's safe return darkens quickly to a determined frown at her mentioning of the toad creature ahead.

It seems to be a strange creature ahead. Turning to Ielisia, he asks, Have you read of any such creature in your studies? Do you have any knowledge of its weaknesses? Its strengths?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-06, 04:09 PM
Edehel shows his derision at the idea.

"I very much doubt that even Ielisia can figure out its strengths from a rough 2nd hand glimpse."

lotofsnow
2008-01-06, 04:29 PM
Relgan nods at Edehel's wisdom.

Then I suppose we'll have to take a look for ourselves.

Argent, you take the front with me. Everyone else, stay close behind.

The dwarf waits for the party to prepare. Once everyone is ready, he leads the way down the tunnel toward the mysterious creature.

Jagg
2008-01-06, 07:36 PM
[ooc] With the use of the dwarven armoured fighters I'm going to assume that you are not going to attempt a stealthy attack. These guys are not quiet and having them clomp up the tunnel will wake the toad [ooc].

Ardent nods and settles his helm firmly on his head. " Let's go."

As the armoured fighters move up the tunnel, a strange low hissing sound can be heard and from the mouth of the tunnel billows a thin cloud. This cuts visibility in the tunnel ahead. The cloud is moving towards you as the hissing sound continues.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-06, 08:55 PM
Edehel watches the cloud billow towards them. "I think we should all take a deep breath." he murmers, half to himself.

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-06, 09:39 PM
Indeed. Wait till the last second. It may count.
Mara moves foreword with the group, waiting to take her breath until the last moment.

Hastuur
2008-01-06, 10:44 PM
"Er' we go laddies" Gripping his shield ahead of him, Targ waits.

Jagg
2008-01-07, 05:28 PM
Sounds can be heard from deep within the cloud, but are muted. (listen check DC20 to correctly determine what is happening). One thing that can be heard is that the hissing stops, a huge lungful of air is drawn and further hissing continues. The cloud gets bigger and wafts it's way towards the group. As the cloud covers the group, no effect can be seen. It feels like a cloud of water vapour designed to cut visibility...nothing more.

give me initiative rolls for order

lotofsnow
2008-01-07, 05:33 PM
Initiative Roll: [roll0]

Jagg
2008-01-07, 06:45 PM
You gonna try a listen check?

lotofsnow
2008-01-07, 06:47 PM
You gonna try a listen check?

sure, why not? [roll0]

Relgan's dwarf ears strain to make out the nature of the sounds within the fog.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-07, 07:15 PM
Listen
[roll0]

Ini
[roll1]

Jagg
2008-01-07, 10:04 PM
Noice listen check roll

Edehel's elven ears almost twitch as he tries to understand the meaning behind the soft sounds coming from the cloud that now surrounds him. Then it hits him, as a soft patter hits the floor of the passageway ahead of the group. I think it's climbed the walls. It must be able to stick to the ceiling.

Hastuur
2008-01-07, 11:50 PM
Listen Check [roll0]

Initiative Roll [roll1]

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-08, 07:45 AM
[roll0] Listen

[roll1] Init

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-08, 08:28 PM
Edehel rocks slightly backwards on his feet. "Oh Gods. It's on the wall."

Jagg
2008-01-08, 11:18 PM
Well technophile did say that things would be difficult during this week. Did he tell anyone in particular to look after Ielisia?

So far Initiative table is

Edehel 17
Relgan 16
Targ 10
Mara 8
Ielisia ?
Argent ?

Somone want to roll for Argent and Ielisia?

lotofsnow
2008-01-12, 02:10 PM
Argent Initiative: [roll0]; Listen: [roll1]

Ielisia Initiative: [roll2]; Listen: [roll3]

Also, Relgan's initiative is 9, not 16 as indicated in the table.

technophile
2008-01-15, 05:44 AM
Sorry all, we caught some nasty English stomach bug on arrival and have been trying to recover. :smalltongue: Probably be on intermittently from here until the 23rd.

Ielisia grimaces at Edehel's warning. "It's probably one of those dragon-kin Moradin warned us of," she responds to Relgan's question. "Be careful of its mouth, from the guards we saw earlier it seems its bite may be highly acidic. It may even be able to spit the acid at us, if we're unlucky."

Additional knowledge check, in case it's applicable (pretty sure none of the others she has are):
Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]

Prepared Spells:

Active Effects:
Mage Armor (CL3), AC 15

If you get stuck waiting for me, I have no problem with lotofsnow running her until I reappear. Thanks for being patient! :smallbiggrin:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-21, 07:43 PM
Edehel carefully raises his bow, keeping an eye on both walls and the floor, and even the ceiling, waiting for something to show itself.

He takes a readied action to shoot thingy. He is just behind Targ, Relgan, and Argent, who I presume form the first rank.
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage Roll [roll1]

Hp: 18
AC: 23
For: +4
Ref: +6
Will: +2

purepolarpanzer
2008-01-22, 10:26 PM
Mara fades back and draws her bow, trying to use the mist to hide her position. Arrow nocked, she waits silently.
[roll0] Hide [roll1] Move silently.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-23, 05:11 PM
Nice rolls

lotofsnow
2008-01-24, 09:31 AM
At Edehel's warning, Relgan warily begins to look all around. He squints, yet his dwarven sight, normally so acute in the underground, is frustrated by the mist.

Hefting the magic hammer, his gift from the god, he prepares to throw it at any giant toad-like creatures emerging from the fog.

Hammer Readied for throwing:
Attack: [roll0]; Damage on Contact: [roll1]+[roll2](fire)

Hit Points: 31 / 31
AC: 19 (Ff: 17; T: 12)
Saves: F +6; R +3; W +5
Current Effects: Bless
Full Melee Attack: Hammer +7 1d8+3+1d6(Fire) / Waraxe +6 1d10+1

Hastuur
2008-01-27, 10:56 AM
Targ moves closer to Relgan as he remembers from his father's teaching that fighting in darkness/fog helps if you have a flank protector. He settles in and prepares to fight.

Spot Check [roll2]