View Full Version : Player Help Kensai fighter variant question!

Max Caysey
2021-02-02, 06:36 AM
I was looking at the variant fighters DR#310, for some more flavor, and I found something under the Kensai, that I was unsure about, which I wanted to ask about.

It does not get a bonus feat at level 1, instead it gets +1 to attack and damage. Now this bonus increases for every 5 levels, but I'm unsure whether this is for every 5 class levels or every 5 character levels! Which one is it?

Cheers!

Sian
2021-02-02, 07:58 AM
Haven’t read it, but i’d assume it works exactly as just about every other class and as per class level

Saintheart
2021-02-02, 08:23 AM
I was looking at the variant fighters DR#310, for some more flavor, and I found something under the Kensai, that I was unsure about, which I wanted to ask about.

It does not get a bonus feat at level 1, instead it gets +1 to attack and damage. Now this bonus increases for every 5 levels, but I'm unsure whether this is for every 5 class levels or every 5 character levels! Which one is it?

Cheers!

In context I would rule it's referring to class levels, not character levels. The paragraph in which it appears refers to a bonus feat at 1st level, and that the +1 increases "at 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter." Abilities increasing with character level is comparatively rare, I'd rule the reading is that the bonus increases every 5 levels of Kensai, not every 5 character levels.