PDA

View Full Version : Armor of Agathe AND fiendish vigor?

Snig
2021-02-02, 08:18 AM
I know they don't stack, but wondering if taking both is redundant? My DM is forcing us to roll HP and I'm rolling like ****. Trying to make up for it.

ProsecutorGodot
2021-02-02, 08:30 AM
You could always use fiendish vigor outside of combat to ensure you maintain that buffer for the start of combat.

I don't know that if necessarily recommend it, I think you have better options, but it's not entirely bad.

Unoriginal
2021-02-02, 08:35 AM
I know they don't stack, but wondering if taking both is redundant? My DM is forcing us to roll HP and I'm rolling like ****. Trying to make up for it.

I mean Fiendish Vigor is less powerful, but it's at will. It's useful when Armor of Agathys fizzle out.

That being said, what's your build/subclass/etc? There might be alternatives.

AttilatheYeon
2021-02-02, 09:07 AM
Armor of Agathys requires a significant investment. I feel it's best when you have damage mitigation to really stretch it out. Abjurer Wizard is my go too. But, damage resistance is also good.

Snig
2021-02-02, 10:29 AM
I mean Fiendish Vigor is less powerful, but it's at will. It's useful when Armor of Agathys fizzle out.

That being said, what's your build/subclass/etc? There might be alternatives.

Hexblade 2 / Glamour Bard 18 (that's the plan)

Bobthewizard
2021-02-02, 10:51 AM
On a warlock, I generally like fiendish vigor up until level 4. After that the HP don't seem to be enough and an action is too expensive to refresh it in combat. By going bard, you'll have plenty of slots for Armor of Agathys so I'd likely skip fiendish vigor and just rely on AoA.