PDA

View Full Version : Player Help need help locating constructs that can cast.

samduke
2021-02-03, 08:01 PM
thats right playgrounders I need to find ANY Construct Type Creature that can cast as a wizard OR has SLA level 9 (Wish) spell available

are there any construct type creatures that can cast as a level 17th+ wizard or have wish or equivalent SLA available to use on its own?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2021-02-03, 08:15 PM
Grisgol, MM3, add Awaken Construct to give it an Int score:

Spell-Like Abilities: A grisgol is created with the ability
to use ten different spells as spell-like abilities (one each of
levels 0 through 9th), each one once per day. These spells
can vary based on the creator’s whim, and are either cleric
spells (if the animating lich was a cleric) or sorcerer/wizard
spells (if the animating lich was a sorcerer or wizard). Most
creators choose simple spells, reasoning that the grisgol’s
lack of intelligence prevents it from using strategy. The save
DCs are 10 + 1-1/2 the spell’s level (much like a magic item).
Caster level 20th.

Edit: Depending on the power level of the game, you can (Greater Rod of) Maximize the Awaken Construct to give it 18's, or Intensify (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#intensifySpell) it to make its mental stats all 36's.

Doctor Despair
2021-02-03, 08:16 PM
Are living constructs allowed?

samduke
2021-02-03, 08:53 PM
Grisgol, MM3, add Awaken Construct to give it an Int score:

Edit: Depending on the power level of the game, you can (Greater Rod of) Maximize the Awaken Construct to give it 18's, or Intensify (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#intensifySpell) it to make its mental stats all 36's.

Grisgol Price 210,000 gp - Spell-Like Abilities: A grisgol is created with the ability to use ten different spells as spell-like abilities (one each of levels 0 through 9th), each one once per day

this could work

Awaken Construct - is not an option

Are living constructs allowed?

Only if it has rules that allow it to be constructed (EG. Price or cost + xp) otherwise no.

Zanos
2021-02-03, 10:05 PM
The Zodar has wish as a supernatural ability, but I don't think there are any rules to make one.

One Step Two
2021-02-03, 10:24 PM
If your DM is okay with semi-official third party material, Dragonlance has the Sacred Guardian in the Bestiary of Krynn, a template with a crafting requirement that can be applied to an existing Construct, giving it an intelligence score of 10. Because it now has sapience, it can gain class levels. Find a 1 HD construct, and level it up?

samduke
2021-02-03, 10:40 PM
The Zodar has wish as a supernatural ability, but I don't think there are any rules to make one.

no apparently it is not creatable via craft construct

If your DM is okay with semi-official third party material, Dragonlance has the Sacred Guardian in the Bestiary of Krynn, a template with a crafting requirement that can be applied to an existing Construct, giving it an intelligence score of 10. Because it now has sapience, it can gain class levels. Find a 1 HD construct, and level it up?

no Dragonlance Campaign Guide is official 3.5 but it does not look like Bestiary of Krynn is so that is out, and even if it was allowed Templates themselves are out so - no joy - but thanks

One Step Two
2021-02-03, 11:30 PM
Okay, I got a bit of an odd one for you, Helmed Horrors from Lost Empires of Faerun, 13 HD, but you can craft one, has an Int of 13 and a Cha of 16. Ask if you can advance with sorcerer levels?

Maat Mons
2021-02-03, 11:59 PM
A grisgol with Wish as a SLA costs 258,000 xp to craft.

samduke
2021-02-04, 07:58 AM
A grisgol with Wish as a SLA costs 258,000 xp to craft.
as previously noted that construct can work

Okay, I got a bit of an odd one for you, Helmed Horrors from Lost Empires of Faerun, 13 HD, but you can craft one, has an Int of 13 and a Cha of 16. Ask if you can advance with sorcerer levels?
unfortunately the text must say it has the related spell as no advancement as a class is allowed because it is being crafted.

Maat Mons
2021-02-04, 01:57 PM
I know grisgol works. I just think it's prohibitively expensive.

Max Caysey
2021-02-04, 02:32 PM
thats right playgrounders I need to find ANY Construct Type Creature that can cast as a wizard OR has SLA level 9 (Wish) spell available

are there any construct type creatures that can cast as a level 17th+ wizard or have wish or equivalent SLA available to use on its own?

Zodars...Fiend Folio IIRC!

ShurikVch
2021-02-05, 08:31 AM
Shadow Simulacrum (Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land) - like a "common" Simulacrum (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/simulacrum.htm), they got half of Base Creature's HD or levels; use some epic spellcaster as a Base Creature

Bronk
2021-02-05, 01:26 PM
Take a living spell ‘wish’, then give it a template like half-dragon to switch its type away from ooze, then make an effigy of it to make a construct version.