PDA

View Full Version : Help requested for Creating a bomber character in 5e

ChaseC311
2021-02-03, 08:27 PM
I've been itching to make a character centered around explosives for a while now, but im not sure what exactly would be the best course of action. I mainly kinda want them to give off honey lemon vibes from big hero 6, but im not sure which class/subclass would fit best for it. Any help would be appreciated

loki_ragnarock
2021-02-03, 09:32 PM
Play an evoker.

Re-flavor your spells.

Fin.

kingcheesepants
2021-02-03, 09:46 PM
When you said bomber character my first thought was artificer and when you said similar to honey lemon it strengthened that thought. Anyone with proficiency in alchemist's tools can make alchemist's fire, acid or a tanglefoot bag, but an artificer can do so much more quickly and cheaply. If your DM allows the older 2017 UA version of artificer, the alchemist subclass has an ability that lets the damage of alchemist's fire etc scale with level. The official version of the alchemist subclass lost the damage scaling for alchemist's fire and such but it gained a straight Int modifier to damage spells. However the Artillerist is probably your best bet. You can have a cannon that shoots out stuff that explodes and there's enough leeway with description that you can almost certainly flavor it to match your concept.

smrvl
2021-02-04, 05:54 AM
I agree that an artificer seems like the straightforward way to do this. I also think you could try out an Arcane Archer with reflavored attacks (talk to your DM, obviously), or a rogue who just invests your gold and energy in making explosives. But yeah, an artificer is the easy way. :)