PDA

View Full Version : Roy Must Be Confused

Tre of the Wood
2007-11-07, 07:06 PM
These last few comics, about Kazumi and Diago, should have been confusing to Roy. Looking back through the comics, Roy doesn't even meet them, much less understand any of their back story. To him, its simply just 2 random soldiers getting married. Anyway, just an intresting observation.:smallsmile:

Occasional Sage
2007-11-07, 07:31 PM
These last few comics, about Kazumi and Diago, should have been confusing to Roy. Looking back through the comics, Roy doesn't even meet them, much less understand any of their back story. To him, its simply just 2 random soldiers getting married. Anyway, just an intresting observation.:smallsmile:

More than just confusing, this would drive home to Roy exactly how much he's missed. He's got zero clue what's going on (other than from Hinjo's exposition), and lots of it is obviously rather important stuff.

EmperorSarda
2007-11-07, 07:40 PM
does that me he sees the ninja as well?

The Extinguisher
2007-11-07, 07:44 PM
No. As far as we know, he's focused on Durkon only. The scrying was just a lead in down to the living world below.

We aren't seeing what Roy is seeing. We're just seeing it.

David Argall
2007-11-07, 07:45 PM
Roy is viewing the dwarf, so the comic has left Roy's view at the moment. So he is most unlikely to spot the ninja

Maratanos
2007-11-07, 07:54 PM
Well actually, he's probably stopped viewing Durkon by now... Next up would be Haley, Elan, or Vaarsuvius, I expect.

So in some ways, he may be more enlightened than us by now.

Tre of the Wood
2007-11-07, 07:59 PM
The question is, will Rich show comics based on what Roy is watching, or just continue with the story as if he wasn't?

NerfTW
2007-11-07, 08:29 PM
I figured he moved on towards Hinjo, since Hinjo was so nicely providing the plot exposition for him.

5 bucks says one of the order comments that all this exposition would be really helpful if Roy was spying on them right now.

Hood
2007-11-07, 08:31 PM
Probably as if he wasn't, but he may eventually pan back to Roy so we can see his reaction so far. But I bet we're not seeing the same things as him.

holywhippet
2007-11-07, 09:37 PM
I wonder then. If they can't scry on or contact Haley and Belkar (presumably Xykon or Redcloak through up some kind of magical barrier against scrying), will Eugene/Roy be able to scry on them in the city and work out what is going on?

GSFB
2007-11-07, 10:04 PM
actually, Roy should get a spot check to see the ninja, against the ninja's hide check, with some sort of penalty for focusing on someone else.

I'm guessing that if the multiple people standing RIGHT THERE don't have good enough spot checks to spot the ninja, Roy probably would need to roll pretty dang high.

Kreistor
2007-11-07, 10:18 PM
actually, Roy should get a spot check to see the ninja, against the ninja's hide check, with some sort of penalty for focusing on someone else.

That's not how Scry works. The sensor appears near a person, but it doesn't "focus" on them. He cna look anywhere he wants however he wants.

But Spot isn't a Fighter class skill, so Roy's is pretty weak.

Spiky
2007-11-08, 01:00 AM
Why would this confuse Roy? Are you assuming he doesn't know what a wedding is? Did you mean this should anger Roy?

factotum
2007-11-08, 03:16 AM

He wouldn't even know they are soldiers--all he'd see is a pair of (presumably) important people getting married. However, that's not really relevant anyway, because Hinjo gave the reason why the fleet has been at sea for four months in his exposition speech at the wedding...

Roderick_BR
2007-11-08, 04:57 AM
Heh, it's very probably. If it were just 2 soldiers, and Durkon happened to be around, it would kinda make sense, but Durkon is involved in the festivities, so it must be important. I think Roy would also want to scry the rest of the group (going thought Elan and V as well) and maybe on Hinjo too, tough he probably Elan with him playing the bodyguard role.