PDA

View Full Version : Please help me come up with ideas for an alternate Twilight Cleric aura.

darkrose50
2021-02-04, 01:56 PM
Okay so the twilight cleric aura is bonkers. Basically if gives 1d6+level in temporary hit points each round of combat to any ally within 30-feet.

Please help me come up with ideas for an alternate Twilight Cleric aura.

Okay so I am playing a Twilight Cleric. I used the create your own race [+2 WIS, +1 proficiency, +1 language, +1 Feat (War Castling)]. She is a young/weak genie that has been trapped in a bottle for a long time. Someone made a wish for a genie, and then vanished/died creating my character, but leaving her trapped in a genie vessel. Apparently genies are made from souls, and she was apparently made up of drow.

[Theme 1: drow/ Eilistraee] Apparently genies are created from souls, and she was created from drow souls. She will be a cleric of of Eilistraee (basically the good drow goddess of the night, bards, and swords)

[Theme 2: bump in the night] Also twilight cleric's fight things that go bump in the night. Things like Aberrations, undead, fiends, and fae.

[Theme 3: cleric] Normal cleric stuff.
So a level 2 aura that uses channel divinity and works with this would be fitting.

-----

Ideas:

[Theme 1: drow/ Eilistraee] Eilistraee hates ranged weapons. What about granting disadvantage to ranged attacks against allies in the aura?

[Theme 2: bump in the night] allies in the aura gain bonus damage = to proficiency bonus x2 = bonus damage die type (proficiency bonus +2 = + 1d4, +3 = 1d6, +4 = 1d8, +5 = 1d10) to Aberrations, undead, fiends, and fae.

[Theme 3: cleric] Arcane Ward wizard ability is a thing, so something like that but a shared pool of points. level * 2 + Wisdom bonus in a shared forcefield pool with allies in the aura. Like PHB page 115]. Maybe it would need more points?

stoutstien
2021-02-04, 03:12 PM
Really all it need is the "as you were concentrating on a spell" to bring it in line.

Sol0botmate
2021-02-04, 03:16 PM
I would suggest to first play with it before changing it.

darkrose50
2021-02-04, 05:32 PM
I would suggest to first play with it before changing it.

At first my DM was worried that it would be too powerful. 1D6+cleric levels in temporary hit points to allies in 30' per round seems really good.

Now he is going to give it a go and see what it plays like.

I don't want to break the game.

Chronic
2021-02-04, 05:39 PM
It doesn't break the game, it's just good unlike peace cleric who actually break the game. All you DM as to do if he want to make a combat difficult is make the enemy hit harder. And have some focus fire.

darkrose50
2021-02-04, 05:40 PM
It doesn't break the game, it's just good unlike peace cleric who actually break the game. All you DM as to do if he want to make a combat difficult is make the enemy hit harder. And have some focus fire.

Oh peace cleric looks broken as all get out!

Sol0botmate
2021-02-04, 06:14 PM
At first my DM was worried that it would be too powerful. 1D6+cleric levels in temporary hit points to allies in 30' per round seems really good.

Now he is going to give it a go and see what it plays like.

I don't want to break the game.

One skill doesn't break game.

Chronic
2021-02-05, 07:36 AM
Oh peace cleric looks broken as all get out!

Yep it completely f... up the bounded accuracy system. I love the idea tho, but no peace cleric at my table for balance sake (which is literally the only subclass I've ever banned).
In aother game I play a Twilight cleric, it's definitely strong,vit not strong enough that the DM has to make big adjustments.It's actually one of the rare subclass that promote sustained defense and do it efficiently, which is a nice change in a system where dmg is king.