PDA

View Full Version : Misty Step via familiars sight

Sandeman
2021-02-06, 11:46 AM
Misty step allows teleportation to an area within range that you can see. Does looking through your familiars sight count?
For example, familiar flies over wall, you see through its senses and poof! Teleport to the other side if the wall.

Gignere
2021-02-06, 11:54 AM
Misty step allows teleportation to an area within range that you can see. Does looking through your familiars sight count?
For example, familiar flies over wall, you see through its senses and poof! Teleport to the other side if the wall.

This is very creative, I don’t have time to parse the RAW, but I’d allow it if a player proposed this and as long as it is within 30 feet.

Amnestic
2021-02-06, 12:11 PM
Seems to work via RAW. Neat trick.

ezekielraiden
2021-02-06, 12:23 PM
Looks like the only issue is that you can't teleport further than 30 feet from where you are. Good for getting through walls though!

Willowhelm
2021-02-06, 02:21 PM
Also note that, because you can pop your familiar in and out within a certain distance (without needing to see the destination), they don't need to be able to move there - you can bamf them into a sealed chamber and then follow with misty step.

Sandeman
2021-02-06, 02:28 PM
Also note that, because you can pop your familiar in and out within a certain distance (without needing to see the destination), they don't need to be able to move there - you can bamf them into a sealed chamber and then follow with misty step.

Good thinking.
Could be very useful.

ezekielraiden
2021-02-06, 07:19 PM

This would require that you know where the chamber IS, though. I don't know what rules there are for trying to teleport into an invalid space, but I imagine they would not be nice to your familiar.