PDA

View Full Version : TSARs for Battle Smiths

Nagog
2021-02-06, 04:58 PM
So last week, my 11th level Ranger died. Which is, yeah, unfortunate, but the line of my characters to be played is long enough I'm not too mad. That said, I'm now playing an 11th level Artificer, which means I can make a single TSAR. However, I'm having trouble finding spells that a Battle Smith can use with a TSAR. Shield and Branding Smite are nice, but they have a range of self so I don't think those would work. Anybody have any good spell selection for it?

phlidwsn
2021-02-07, 01:46 PM
As far as your Spell-Storing Item, Catapult with vials of acid as payload is a good one for any subclass. Make an Alchemy Jug in downtime to build up a supply of acid if you can. 3d8 + 2d6 damage off a bonus action.

Web is another good one, making it into a bonus action casting effectively is fairly nice.

Outside of SSI, if you can find or make a wand of Magic Missile that's also an option.

stoutstien
2021-02-07, 02:34 PM
So last week, my 11th level Ranger died. Which is, yeah, unfortunate, but the line of my characters to be played is long enough I'm not too mad. That said, I'm now playing an 11th level Artificer, which means I can make a single TSAR. However, I'm having trouble finding spells that a Battle Smith can use with a TSAR. Shield and Branding Smite are nice, but they have a range of self so I don't think those would work. Anybody have any good spell selection for it?

Those don't work due to SSI bring limited to spells with a casting time of one action. Warding bond, heroism, aid, and cure wound are good support options.

Greywander
2021-02-07, 02:36 PM
I'm not familiar with the TSAR acronym, could you tell us what it stands for?

king_steve
2021-02-07, 02:57 PM
TSAR = Tiny Servant Actuated Robot from this post https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24079140&postcount=1