PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Planeswalkers (Magic: The Gathering)

rferries
2021-02-06, 08:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/P2aUR9v.jpg

The Planeswalkers

"I've heard it said that a Planeswalker is someone who can always run from danger.
But Gideon's right: we're also the ones who can choose to stay."
—Jace Beleren

At some point I'd like to brew up a Planeswalker class with various colour-themed spell lists, but I'll churn out adaptations of various MTG planeswalkers for now to help me organise my thoughts.

1. Liliana Vess (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24918399&postcount=2)

rferries
2021-02-06, 08:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/0ZwpnLe.jpg

Liliana Vess
Medium humanoid (human), neutral evil
Armour Class 20 (dark blessing, special equipment)
Hit Points 150 (20d8+60)
Speed 30 ft.

STR

DEX
CON
INT

WIS
CHA

10 (+0)
16 (+3)
16 (+3)
22 (+6)
16 (+3)
16 (+3)

Saving Throws Str +5, Dex +8, Con +8, Int +17, Wis +14, Cha +8 (dark blessing, special equipment)
Skills Arcana +12, Deception +9, Insight +9, Intimidation +9, Medicine +12, Religion +12
Damage Resistances necrotic
Senses passive Perception 13
Languages Abyssal, Common, Deep Speech, Draconic, Elvish, Infernal, Undercommon
Challenge 20 (25,000)
Special Equipment. Liliana wears bracers of defence and two rings of protection.

Dark Blessing. Liliana's AC and saving throws include her Charisma modifier.

Demonic Pacts. Liliana has bargained with demons for eternal youth and supernatural health. She has advantage on Constitution, Dexterity, and Strength saving throws.

Drain Life. Whenever Liliana deals damage with a necromancy spell, she regains hit points equal to the damage dealt. She gains any excess as temporary hit points.

Legendary Resistance (1/Day). If Liliana fails a saving throw, she can choose to succeed instead.

Master of Necromancy. Undead creatures that Liliana creates with animate dead or create undead remain under her control permanently. Undead creatures that she controls add her proficiency bonus (+6) to their attack rolls. She has resistance to necrotic damage.

Spellcasting. Liliana is a 20th-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). Liliana has the following planeswalker (black) spells prepared:

Cantrips (at will): acid splash, chill touch, mage hand, prestidigitation, thaumaturgy

1st level (4 slots): arms of hadar, hex, protection from evil and good

2nd level (3 slots): blindness/deafness, crown of madness, darkness, fear

3rd level (3 slots): animate dead, bestow curse, speak with dead, spirit guardians (necrotic only)

4th level (3 slots): black tentacles, blight, confusion, phantasmal killer

5th level (3 slots): contagion, enervation, negative energy flood

6th level (2 slots): circle of death, create undead, harm, planar ally (fiends only)

7th level (2 slots): finger of death

8th level (1 slot): feeblemind, horrid wilting

9th level (1 slot): gate (fiends only)

Actions
Planeswalk (1/Day). Liliana transports herself to another plane. She may choose to travel either to a location she is familiar with on a plane she has visited before, or to a random location on a random plane she has not yet visited. If one or more friendly planeswalkers are present with her, any number of them can expend their uses of this ability to travel together to a location that any of them has visited before.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 (1d3) bludgeoning damage.

Reactions
Undying Legions. Liliana may use her reaction to issue a command to any number of undead she controls, just as she would use a bonus action to command undead she created with animate dead.

Undying Loyalty. When an attack would hit Liliana while she controls an undead within 5 feet of her, she may use her reaction to have the attack hit that undead instead.

Legendary Actions
Liliana can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. Liliana regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.

Cantrip. Liliana casts a cantrip.

Animate Dead (Costs 2 Actions). Liliana casts animate dead at 9th level without using a spell slot.

Create Undead (Costs 3 Actions). Liliana casts create undead at 9th level without using a spell slot.