PDA

View Full Version : Is Therkla really an undead Miko?

GSFB
2007-11-07, 10:00 PM
I mean, Miko's been dead for a bit, so her skin would probably be kinda green. And she does know martial arts. And she did already kill one ruler of Azure City, so there is a pattern for this sort of behavior.

The Extinguisher
2007-11-07, 10:05 PM
The skin color is wrong, the attidute is wrong and the whole idea is wrong.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-11-07, 10:06 PM
Makes more sense than Haley or Right-Eye's daughter.

But still very no.

Tre of the Wood
'resisting urge to flame'
:smallannoyed: Okay, this is way to "out there". Wasn't the "Therkla is Haley" bad enough?
Seriously, you do not need posts enough for that.:smallannoyed:

Green Bean
Unless Miko has heretofore unknown duplication abilities enabling her to be in two places at once, I'd have to say no.

bluewind95
2007-11-07, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't think Therkla = Miko. Wrong design, wrong color (aren't undead usually grey anyways?), wrong attitude, etc.

Also, I'm sure Rich could do a bit better than that if he were going to bring back Miko. :smalltongue:

dragongirl13
2007-11-07, 10:08 PM
Therkla is not speaking in the undead speech bubbles. She cannot be undead. And she was seen in 484, remember?

So she cannot be an undead Miko.

BRC
2007-11-07, 10:10 PM
HEY GUYS, BIG SPOILER ALERT

we have not met Therkla, she's what some call a "New Character"

Green Bean
2007-11-07, 10:12 PM
HEY GUYS, BIG SPOILER ALERT

we have not met Therkla, she's what some call a "New Character"

You obviously don't belong here. Tenuous, far-fetched theories are what we do here. :smalltongue:

The Extinguisher
2007-11-07, 10:15 PM
Therkla is actually the MitD.

It all makes sense now!

BRC
2007-11-07, 10:16 PM
You obviously don't belong here. Tenuous, far-fetched theories are what we do here. :smalltongue:
Ah but you see, since tenuous and far fetched theories are the standard here, they are no longer considered tenuous and far-fetched, while a theory that would be considered normal elsewere would, by the same logic, be tenuous and far-fetched HERE!

And if that made any sense to you, head over to the ABR, we have a plot we want you to figure out for us.

Alfryd
2007-11-07, 10:22 PM
I mean, Miko's been dead for a bit, so her skin would probably be kinda green. And she does know martial arts. And she did already kill one ruler of Azure City, so there is a pattern for this sort of behavior.
Lean over here so I can smack you.

reorith
2007-11-07, 10:31 PM
therkla is actually
roy!

Maratanos
2007-11-07, 10:32 PM
I was just poking around, and this seems oddly appropriate.

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/persistence.jpg

Ganurath
2007-11-07, 10:34 PM
Therkla is actually the MitD.

It all makes sense now!Like I said when people say she's a goblin, Therkla has black eyes. Goblins (and the MitD) have yellow eyes. So, no.

mikeejimbo
2007-11-07, 10:38 PM
Haley's half-sister. Yes, Haley has a half-sister who's a half-orc! Her mother had a child by an orc!

Wait, no...Thog's sister! They're both half-orcs!

Wait, no! Thog's sister AND Haley's half-sister!

Wait, no! Thog and Haley's daughter, magically aged!

Green Bean
2007-11-07, 11:06 PM
Ah but you see, since tenuous and far fetched theories are the standard here, they are no longer considered tenuous and far-fetched, while a theory that would be considered normal elsewere would, by the same logic, be tenuous and far-fetched HERE!

And if that made any sense to you, head over to the ABR, we have a plot we want you to figure out for us.

Ah, but there are many theories in play at once, and since no one theory is dominant, no theory is standard. If they aren't standard, then they must be bizarre! :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2007-11-07, 11:07 PM
Ah, but there are many theories in play at once, and since no one theory is dominant, no theory is standard. If they aren't standard, then they must be bizarre! :smallbiggrin:
By that logic, my theory is just as bizzare as all the others, and therefore STILL WORKS!

The Extinguisher
2007-11-07, 11:11 PM
Like I said when people say she's a goblin, Therkla has black eyes. Goblins (and the MitD) have yellow eyes. So, no.

You know I was kidding, right?

holywhippet
2007-11-07, 11:12 PM
Therkla is not speaking in the undead speech bubbles. She cannot be undead. And she was seen in 484, remember?

Technically she could be the result of a reincarnation spell - she'd have a 10% chance of returning as a half orc. That being said, she'd return with her previous skills and alignment and Miko's original level in Monk would not make her applicable to be a ninja. Her lawful good alignment wouldn't allow it either.

Nerd_Paladin
2007-11-08, 12:51 AM
This has got to be a joke.

CabbageTheif
2007-11-08, 12:52 AM
Guess what,, guys!!!!! i figured it out!!! its roys body, animated, but because of the dark magic the curse came back and now he is a woman!!!! and he teleported onto the ship, so if roy gets raised he's evil

goodness gracious, i dont know... i dont know what came over me. i think a spirit is possessing the board, forcing people to shout ridiculous plot-twists.

GSFB
2007-11-08, 01:07 AM
That being said, she'd return with her previous skills and alignment and Miko's original level in Monk would not make her applicable to be a ninja. Her lawful good alignment wouldn't allow it either.

No, see, she's evil now. Her paladin levels have been cashed in for blackguard, and her monk level has converted over to some sort of ninja assassin PrC.

Come on, people, work with me here!

monty
2007-11-08, 01:22 AM
Unless Miko has heretofore unknown duplication abilities enabling her to be in two places at once, I'd have to say no.

I'm pretty sure Miko can be in two places at once after this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0464.html). So, it must be true!1!1!1!1!

Twisted Otaku
2007-11-08, 01:28 AM
:smallbiggrin:

Besides that, as I understand Ninja's have high Wisdom scores and therefor high willpower right? Undead do not. I'm sorry but this idea is absurd and would seem to only give you a half decent ninja with the wonderful racial ability that is akin to a bad case of leprosy. Please, try to put a little more thought into someting like this before posting...

Ganurath
2007-11-08, 01:36 AM
You know I was kidding, right?It's hard to tell in here, and I didn't want to risk the theory getting a following like the Therkla = Haley idea.

Twisted Otaku
2007-11-08, 01:39 AM
You know I was kidding, right?

Well I do mind this sort of tomfoolery alot less than when people throw the word 'filler' out like it's going out of style

T-O-E
2007-11-08, 06:18 PM
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Miko is dead! Get over it! Please don't feed the flames of the crazy, crackpot noobies.

Forealms
2007-11-08, 06:28 PM
You guys don't understand, Therkla is OBVIOUSLY V's alignment and gender. Duh :smalltongue:

Nerdanel
2007-11-08, 08:18 PM
It's Elan's mother the barmaid reincarnated as a half-orc and suffering from amnesia. Elan reminds her subconsciously of his father, whom we've never seen without armor. This brilliant theory has the advantage of not needing time travel, like how for example the Haley theory does in order to explain her being in two places at once.

No really, Therkla is a new character. Maybe she's Thog's little sister.

MCerberus
2007-11-08, 08:25 PM

Or the collective merged sentience of all of :thog: 's former puppies for all we know. :smallconfused:

Ashes
2007-11-08, 08:43 PM
:smallbiggrin:

Besides that, as I understand Ninja's have high Wisdom scores and therefor high willpower right? Undead do not. I'm sorry but this idea is absurd and would seem to only give you a half decent ninja with the wonderful racial ability that is akin to a bad case of leprosy. Please, try to put a little more thought into someting like this before posting...

Sorry to be off-topic and rational, but I have to ask this. Why would being undead in any way limit you from having a high Wisdom? Remember the Huecuva? The Undead Cleric? As in the class that casts spells based off of Wisdom? And therefore need a high score in that stat?

Being undead doesn't necessarily make you mindless (Although reading these theories might.)

Fenrirs Ragnarok
2007-11-08, 08:52 PM
I distinctly remember all undead in the comic as being grey, dull, and saying nothing but "brains."

The Extinguisher
2007-11-08, 08:54 PM
I distinctly remember the main villian in the comic being an undead.

monty
2007-11-08, 09:00 PM
I distinctly remember all undead in the comic as being grey, dull, and saying nothing but "brains."

Xykon is undead, no? Ok, he probably has crap wisdom based on what we've seen him do, but the point is not all undead are mindless. And I don't know if Xykon has ever actually said "brains," so that's out too.

GSFB
2007-11-08, 09:08 PM
Is this idea really any more absurd than any of the others? While I agree it IS absurd, to be fair, I think it is LESS absurd than Therkla = Haley. BY FAR.

FoE
2007-11-08, 09:52 PM
No, I would put in on par in terms of ridiculousness.

I wonder what the next insane theory will be? Oh, I got it: Therkla is actually Julia polymorphed into a half-orc ninja. She's followed the Order of the Stick all the way to Azure City and was brainwashed by Kubota into becoming his assassin. And the evil voice is the headmaster of Warthog's School for Magic.

Swashbuckler
2007-11-08, 09:55 PM
Or the collective merged sentience of all of :thog: 's former puppies for all we know. :smallconfused:

What he said. :smallcool:

Warlord JK
2007-11-08, 10:08 PM
No, see, she's evil now. Her paladin levels have been cashed in for blackguard, and her monk level has converted over to some sort of ninja assassin PrC.

Come on, people, work with me here!

that........

is almost plausible....

Warlord JK
2007-11-08, 10:11 PM
No, I would put in on par in terms of ridiculousness.

I wonder what the next insane theory will be? Oh, I got it: Therkla is actually Julia polymorphed into a half-orc ninja. She's followed the Order of the Stick all the way to Azure City and was brainwashed by Kubota into becoming his assassin. And the evil voice is the headmaster of Warthog's School for Magic.

I know we do get into the habit of making ridicuolous speculations, but c'mon man, thats just a little to insane and a little too long to be on this forum. Lets all drift away from Therkla being a PC race or rezzed PC. Maybe we can actually have a logical discussion between whether Therkla is a half-orc or Right-Eye's daughter.

MCerberus
2007-11-08, 10:15 PM
Wouldn't the whole daughter theory come from pretty much thin air? I'm going to go with the Razor here and say half-orc.

Ganurath
2007-11-08, 10:29 PM
You know, I think Therkla really is Miko back from the grave. Not in the literal sense, mind you, but in that she's her reincarnation plot-wise. Antagonistic Southern female with a rough upbringing and rose of a position of influence within her organization, and seeks out the destruction of the OotS that are indirect: Miko had to go through butchered logic, and Therkla is going through them for her real target, Hinjo.

Also, both ladies have batboop crazy theories revolving around them.

David Argall
2007-11-08, 10:43 PM
You know, I think Therkla really is Miko back from the grave. Not in the literal sense, mind you, but in that she's her reincarnation plot-wise.

At the moment, she is something the opposite of Miko. Miko was an ally who got in the way of the party. Therkla is looking like an enemy who is going to aid the party.
Of course, she may share one feature in the comic, getting killed. Her sort of storyline is often fatal.

MCerberus
2007-11-08, 10:44 PM
You know, I think Therkla really is Miko back from the grave. Not in the literal sense, mind you, but in that she's her reincarnation plot-wise. Antagonistic Southern female with a rough upbringing and rose of a position of influence within her organization, and seeks out the destruction of the OotS that are indirect: Miko had to go through butchered logic, and Therkla is going through them for her real target, Hinjo.

Also, both ladies have batboop crazy theories revolving around them.

Uh-oh... this is going to get ugly soon. *hides in bomb shelter from Miko fan assault*

Xerxes Shadow
2007-11-08, 10:55 PM
No! Therkla is not undead Miko! Therkla is an epic-level mystic theurge/assassin troll under the effect of a Reduce Person and Alter Self spell, angry at the party because Ziklan's first death got her fired! She is also Tsukiko's great-great-grandaughter from the future and has brought a robot mecha psion army from d20 Modern because she knows epic time travel spells! She is also hypnotized by a demon lord into killing herself to atone for her sins, going up to heaven, and killing all the dead people! Of course!

Or she might just be new. Either way. Also, I do know how to spell Xykon's name.

evileeyore
2007-11-08, 11:09 PM
Uh-oh... this is going to get ugly soon. *hides in bomb shelter from Miko fan assault*Why hide?

He makes perfect sense. As one of the first (and still) Miko fan(atics) I gotta say his idea holds plenty of merit.

I look forward to another strong antagonist role who can polarize the mindless masses into blind frothing rants on both sides...

Unfortunately so far all she's spawned are truly obsurd theories like being the vampiric robot half-sister to Haley and daughter of Right-Eye who is questing to free her people while laboring under a Jusenkyo-curse from the Well Of Slutty Half-Orcs Who Crave Blonde Bards.

Or something.

Twisted Otaku
2007-11-08, 11:42 PM
Sorry to be off-topic and rational, but I have to ask this. Why would being undead in any way limit you from having a high Wisdom? Remember the Huecuva? The Undead Cleric? As in the class that casts spells based off of Wisdom? And therefore need a high score in that stat?

Being undead doesn't necessarily make you mindless (Although reading these theories might.)

Well generally there's a difference between zombie and lich. Perhaps the term 'undead' is to general. I mean, there's a reason why Xyklon, being the clever bastard that he is, killed whiney discount mercenaries and then raised them as controllable minions that eat less food than the did when they were alive. If the argument that Therkla is undead based on her skin color alone, I'd have to lump her in with the zombie croud, oh wait but she's named so she can still talk : p relax I'm just joining in the craziness, though I will say, I REALLY like how you started your paragraph : p

vegetalss4
2007-11-09, 02:34 PM
i am pretty sure that Therkla is...
Therkla:smalltongue:

MCerberus
2007-11-09, 02:36 PM

okay that's so crazy I'm going to have to make a new category on my big list of Therkla theories for it.

Coffee_Dragon
2007-11-09, 03:33 PM
But will vBulletin let you make infinitely recursive spoiler tags?

Levondevari
2007-11-09, 06:08 PM
There's no way! Miko never even thought about Elan anyway! She could be related to Thog though, except she's way smarter.

Old_el_Paso
2007-11-09, 06:12 PM

Or sent back in time to defeat her mother's lover (Elan) to insure that she will exist, but she accidentally falls in love with him, creating some freaky love trapezoid.

Oh, so all half orcs are related huh? That's just plain racism. HOW DARE YOU. Some of my friends are half orcs and... ugh. That is just terrible.

Kish
2007-11-09, 06:28 PM
Well generally there's a difference between zombie and lich. Perhaps the term 'undead' is to general. I mean, there's a reason why Xyklon, being the clever bastard that he is, killed whiney discount mercenaries and then raised them as controllable minions that eat less food than the did when they were alive.
I must have missed the part of Start of Darkness where we saw Xyklon the Consequential doing this.

T-O-E
2007-11-09, 06:30 PM
There's no way! Miko never even thought about Elan anyway! She could be related to Thog though, except she's way smarter.

Not all half-orcs are related, although incestry would explain Thog's mental state.

VetMichael
2007-11-09, 07:03 PM
Haley's half-sister. Yes, Haley has a half-sister who's a half-orc! Her mother had a child by an orc!

Wait, no! Thog's sister AND Haley's half-sister!

Oh, SOOOO close, but sorry, no cigar. THanks for playing, please see the demi-elemental for your consolation prize.

Thereakla IS

Thog and Haley's daughter from the future come who grew up on tales of her mother's former lover (who died in a tragic chop-stick accident) and was transported irrevocably into the past while in Ninja training and found herself in the employ of a Aboleth with designs to turn AC into an underwater lair of unparalleled strength and danger (with prerequisite randomly-scattered sea creatures and inexplicably-placed, level-appropriate treasure). Not having ever laid eyes on Elan, but having grown up with her mother's sensibilites, she can not help but be attracted to Elan. They will have a tryst under cover of darkness, leaving Therakla pregnant, giving birth to a child with latent Red Dragon Disciple talents, who will then manifest sorcerous abilities at puberty, join an adventuring band who will then attack the secret temple in which her younger-self mother was training, thereby causing her mother to be transported (irrevocably, as noted above) into the past.

*PANT* *PANT* *PANT*

Old_el_Paso
2007-11-09, 07:24 PM
Therkla is Roy, Haley, Durkon, Belkar, Vaarsuvius, and Elan's illegitimate daughter.

†Seer†
2007-11-09, 07:29 PM
Therkla is Roy, Haley, Durkon, Belkar, Vaarsuvius, and Elan's illegitimate daughter.

Everyone, I think he's got it!

Occasional Sage
2007-11-09, 07:33 PM
Seriously, I thought *I* had too much time invested in this-all. But....

*bows*

2007-11-09, 08:08 PM

That...dosn't really seem so far fetched...

Thog...Therkla...

Glass Mouse
2007-11-10, 03:55 AM

Oh my god! That makes, like, totally sense!!! YOU'VE SOLVED THE RIDDLE ZOMG WTF BBQ!

Also, you are so reasonable and sensible that it should get you immediately banned from this forum on account of trying to ruin good, far-stretched, crazy and utterly hilarious threads :smalltongue:

Raziel398
2007-11-10, 05:25 AM
You know what would be even faster? working out what Therkla isn't.
No wait I've got it. She is Xykons mother from the past come to save her son from death by finishing off the remains of Azure City and assasinating Hinjo. and shes a ninja :smallsmile: