PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Orc Totem Barbarian, Bear?

Alejandro
2021-02-07, 03:42 PM
One of my players thought experiment:

An Eberron orc, who has:

20 STR

Powerful Build
You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Then, from Totem Barbarian:

Bear. You gain the might of a bear. Your carrying capacity (including maximum load and maximum lift) is doubled, and you have advantage on Strength checks made to push, pull, lift, or break objects.

So, that 20 STR x15 = 300 lb
Then, doubled from being counted as one size larger, 600 lb.
Then, doubled again from Totem Barbarian, Bear: 1200 lb. So, the orc could carry 1200 lbs of weight around.

Pushing, dragging, or lifting is doubled again, so the orc could push or drag or pick up and lift 2,400 lbs.

Right?

Zhorn
2021-02-07, 04:18 PM
so the orc could push or drag or pick up and lift 2,400 lbs.

Right?
Yep, they are on treasure hauling duty

The Cats
2021-02-07, 04:53 PM
By RAW improvised weapons that don't resemble real weapons only deal 1d4 damage but if one of my players built their character around hefting 500lb boulders like nothing it wouldn't take much convincing for me to ignore RAW.

For extra fun multiclass into Rune Knight to grow large and X4 it again for a minute.

Alejandro
2021-02-07, 05:17 PM
By RAW improvised weapons that don't resemble real weapons only deal 1d4 damage but if one of my players built their character around hefting 500lb boulders like nothing it wouldn't take much convincing for me to ignore RAW.

For extra fun multiclass into Rune Knight to grow large and X4 it again for a minute.

Throwing a 500 lb weight down on something should do a number on it :)

Wizard_Lizard
2021-02-08, 02:47 AM
One of my players thought experiment:

An Eberron orc, who has:

20 STR

Powerful Build
You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Then, from Totem Barbarian:

Bear. You gain the might of a bear. Your carrying capacity (including maximum load and maximum lift) is doubled, and you have advantage on Strength checks made to push, pull, lift, or break objects.

So, that 20 STR x15 = 300 lb
Then, doubled from being counted as one size larger, 600 lb.
Then, doubled again from Totem Barbarian, Bear: 1200 lb. So, the orc could carry 1200 lbs of weight around.

Pushing, dragging, or lifting is doubled again, so the orc could push or drag or pick up and lift 2,400 lbs.

Right?

Oo Oo!
Dip into glory pally, to double it again, then take some levels in rune knight to get moar, and get your sorc to cast enhance ability, and double again and some more things too!

Mork
2021-02-08, 03:28 AM

Just rule that the boulder is very similar to a maul, just your arms are the handle. Less efficient, but heavier, so 2d6 :P.

Also I think that HP as an abstraction would help here. not all hp damage are literal wounds, maybe you are never actually hit by the boulder, but the dodging the thing just takes a lot of effort, spraining ankles etc, which is reflected in a lowering of hp, untill you run out of stamina, and can't dodge the last boulder anymore :P