PDA

View Full Version : Creatures that take penalties in bright light

RexDart
2021-02-07, 04:21 PM
What are the most commonly encountered creature types that fit the "take penalties in bright light" description, and are any of the penalties particularly severe or notable?

I know Orcs do, and vampires don't, but what else? Most of the usual undead types don't seem to care.

I know the Daylight spell fits the description, but mainly wondering in the context of how useful "Flashball," an alchemical grenade in my campaign with similar description, is worth buying and carrying around....

Doctor Despair
2021-02-07, 04:23 PM
Don't forget Drow

RexDart
2021-02-07, 04:55 PM
Don't forget Drow

Ah, yes. I wouldn't forget them, but for the fact that this campaign doesn't have Drow (or Elves, for that matter - the DM has his own take on an Elf-like race that as far as us characters know does not have a "dark" variant.) :smallsmile:

Quentinas
2021-02-07, 05:33 PM
Sharakim (or how they are write they are in races of destiny) , shadow elementals (if you use the master of shadow is relevant as creatures ), shadowsyfts (from planar handbook), gloaming (from underdark), kuo toas (at least in underdark) then probably there could be something in the book for the undeads but I'm not so sure