PDA

View Full Version : Hook Sword using Rougeish battle master

Nosta
2021-02-07, 07:05 PM
A Year or Two Ago I asked Someone on here how about Hook Swords for 5E
And they said I should Re-Flavor some long Swords (or was it two Short-swords...I can't Remember) and use Battle master Maneuvers to get the Tripping and Disarming Features of using Hook Swords

I want to play a Rougeish Character who uses Hook Swords. I want them to be good at messing up a foes day with their agility and craftyness

I also few them as an Attack of opportunity type / kinda of a you shall not pass type

I'll be level 5 to start and am willing for my character who grow in to what I want them to be

What would you trade out on a rogue for battle master Maneuvers ? This is a home game and I know my gm has final say but I want ideas to help him if he is willing to let me play this on what would be a fear trade for battle master mauvers on a rogue

And how would I build this character (looking for ideas )

JackPhoenix
2021-02-07, 08:17 PM
Few levels for fighter multiclass or ASI for a feat.

Vogie
2021-02-09, 09:06 AM
You don't have to substitute anything. Fighter 1 / Rogue 4, Picking up Superior technique fighting style (from TCE) and Martial Adept at your Rogue 4 ASI. You would have a total of 3 maneuvers and 2 superiority dice.

CheddarChampion
2021-02-09, 10:32 AM
If you want to start with a lot of maneuvers and grow into being more of a rogue, you could do something similar to what Vogie said and go with:

V. Human Battlemaster 3/Rogue 2, 10/16/14/10/10/14, Martial Adept as your v. human feat, Superior Technique as your fighting style.

You get 6 superiority dice and 6 known maneuvers. As you level up, take a bunch of Rogue levels and maybe 2 more levels in Fighter to get extra attack. The Swashbuckler subclass would probably fit your build best - fancy footwork and rakish audacity both seem appropriate.