PDA

View Full Version : My First RL Campaign!

Maerok
2007-11-07, 10:53 PM
I'm finally going to be DMing a campaign in the real life! I've got the basics worked out so far, but it'll mostly be Core at ECL 8 to keep it simple. However, I'll be using the ToM, specifically Shadow Magic, for the enemies they'll be encountering once it gets under way.

What I'm planning is an invasion from the Plane of Shadows, mostly perpetuated by the Votaries of Vecna and the horrid things they have unlocked from deep within the plane. They've enlisted a fair bit of drow and undercommoners who look to expand their empires in the wake of the conquest.

Eventually they'll have to enter the Plane of Shadow and I'm planning on a customized planar ship; they get probably 100k gp to turn a legendary ocean ship into something capable of weathering the planes. A plane shift core, weapons systems, defenses, and more will all be statted out via crafting magical items (though someone will probably have to do it for them) and I'll put it all together into one working unit. Another thing I have planned is that a rival ship is going to use its cannons to fire incorporeal creatures into the PC ship, but they'll be under the impression that the 'ammunition' was faulty or something. Then the creatures will be disabling the ship piece by piece until the PCs figure it out.

Final encounter will land them at the Dark Spire (ECL 18), listed in the ToM, but it will be tailored to fit the campaign.