PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Selection for Divine Sorlock

blais
2021-02-08, 10:28 AM
I'm starting a Celestial Warlock/Divine Soul sorcerer multiclass at a level 1/level 4 split planning on taking Warlock for the rest of the campaign. Bread-and-butter combat strategy will involve Spiritual Weapon as the bonus action and Eldritch Blast as the action and I've got the Gunner feat to avoid disadvantage in melee though that's to be avoided if at all possible.

We start the campaign with an uncommon magic item.

The short list of candidates for combat boosts are

Bloodwell Vial (+1 to sorcerer attacks (Spiritual Weapon)/DC, +5 sorcery points per day, though I don't have a lot of use for sorcery points with this build--I've got Subtle which is cheap and Quicken won't be as useful as usual with Spiritual Weapon occupying my bonus action);
Rod of the Pact Keeper (+1 to warlock attacks (Eldritch Blast)/DC, free warlock slot per day but I'm going to have fairly low level lock slots because I went so far into sorcerer already);
Wand of the War Mage (+1 to all spell attacks but no DCs, ignore half cover on spell attacks);
Cloak of Protection (+1 to AC and all saves; this would raise my AC to 16 from 15 this level and from 16 to 17 next level with the Armor of Shadows invocation);
Stone of Good Luck (+1 to ability checks and all saves; we do, however, have a rogue in the party who may be better able to occupy a generalized skill role)

We have an Artificer in our party who I imagine will create partywide utility items like a Bag of Holding or Immovable Rod if we wind up really wanting those.

The character is a bubbly former cheerleader who is now an adventurer; I'm considering the Cloak of the Manta Ray to reflect that maybe she'd been on swim team as well, though my preference leans toward magic items that are useful really frequently rather than one that is great but only in a few situations. I'm still open to item picks that are fun or flavorful rather than useful, though.

Anybody want to help me make this choice, or point out something that I've missed?