PDA

View Full Version : Player Help I am constructing a superior Borg

Jazath
2021-02-08, 01:36 PM
I need to build an immense geometrical base the size of a solar system that's borg themed. I have decided to create an improved borg to my Phanes backstory. It's purpose: To locate and acquire technology by assimilation and bring order on the universe. I will send the cubes in far space.
With my Dm's approval plan on making them extremely powerful with phase cloaking, personal cloaking, regeneration, and loaded with efficient weapons to destroy or disable ships for assimilation. I need ideas for borg special qualities and special attacks. .

Batcathat
2021-02-08, 01:55 PM
This isn't really helpful but... should it really be that big? I'm not nearly good enough at neither math nor astronomy to work out the numbers but something the size of a solar system would require a truly ridiculous amount of matter to build.

RNightstalker
2021-02-08, 01:57 PM
I would consider starting with some form of undeath or an undead template, and a form of DR that adapts.

Jazath
2021-02-08, 02:17 PM
This isn't really helpful but... should it really be that big? I'm not nearly good enough at neither math nor astronomy to work out the numbers but something the size of a solar system would require a truly ridiculous amount of matter to build.

I need their to be sufficient sized factory complexes to create an overwhelming amount of soldiers and weapons.

Jazath
2021-02-08, 02:24 PM
On that note, I intend to create large ships that harvest suns for power, A convertor beam to convert entire planets into more borg ships (Usually a small group of Borg go out from the ship an man it) Then those ships go off to fill up with more Borg until they are fully manned. Then go and use beams to convert large mass into more ships and continue the process all over again.
How would I create these things?

Batcathat
2021-02-08, 02:41 PM
I need their to be sufficient sized factory complexes to create an overwhelming amount of soldiers and weapons.

Sure, it's up to you, of course, but be vary of the risk some people might have trouble taking it seriously since it's so insanely large and would require completely stripping... I don't really know? Thousands? of solar systems for the material.

Then again, I've certainly seen stranger concepts in fiction so maybe you can make it work.

icefractal
2021-02-08, 03:00 PM
Even a factory the size of Earth would produce a staggering amount - consider that the entirety of the world's production currently is using a small fraction of just the surface area. An Earth-sized arcology (if the engineering problems were dealt with) could probably house about 10 quadrillion* people, for example (comfortably, so if these are robot soldiers or clones who're content to sleep in pods, you can fit even more). And then Jupiter is about 1000x that big.

*Super back-of-the-napkin calculation based on what results I was able to find. And now I'm annoyed that several video games have arcologies and dominate the search results.

ShurikVch
2021-02-08, 03:19 PM
Maybe, hijack some of Acheron cubes?

cartejos
2021-02-09, 06:55 AM
If you havent checked out the Kaorti (Fiend Folio I think) then you should. They might fit well for this

Gruftzwerg
2021-02-09, 11:16 AM
-3.5 Stats for usual borg

There is no "usual borg" per normal definition. Borg is one symbiotic entity controlling enhanced versions of different races.

But I think I might help you out here a bit. It is due to my Orochimaru build which I did recently. He heavily abuses the symbiotic template and symbionts. While in Orochimaru's chase it represents his Curse Mark ability, it can easily be adjusted for Borgs. The cheese is build around Ice Assassins, symbionts and the symbiotic template to control other creatures and enhance their abilities.

For that you need to design the Borg Queen first (the equivalent to Orochimaru).
Warlock is a good base for many fluff reason. Be it laser (Eldritch Blast), gravity boots (Spiederwalk), even jet-packs if you want (Fell Flight). Maybe add Acolyte of the Skin to present the standard borg armor/equipment.

Once you have your Borg Queen, you can than use your Ice Assassin/Symbiont army to assimilate any creature for a simple +1 template (which enhances them greatly for this lil price tag).

Jazath
2021-02-09, 11:38 AM
There is no "usual borg" per normal definition. Borg is one symbiotic entity controlling enhanced versions of different races.

But I think I might help you out here a bit. It is due to my Orochimaru build which I did recently. He heavily abuses the symbiotic template and symbionts. While in Orochimaru's chase it represents his Curse Mark ability, it can easily be adjusted for Borgs. The cheese is build around Ice Assassins, symbionts and the symbiotic template to control other creatures and enhance their abilities.

For that you need to design the Borg Queen first (the equivalent to Orochimaru).
Warlock is a good base for many fluff reason. Be it laser (Eldritch Blast), gravity boots (Spiederwalk), even jet-packs if you want (Fell Flight). Maybe add Acolyte of the Skin to present the standard borg armor/equipment.

Once you have your Borg Queen, you can than use your Ice Assassin/Symbiont army to assimilate any creature for a simple +1 template (which enhances them greatly for this lil price tag).

Hmmm....true. I am actually planning to create my own stats for the borg. Here is what I have so far. The assimilation process bestows the paragon template. The cybernetic enhancements allow for strength increasements, AC enchancement, and whatnot. Can some of you tell me how well I have done this

Jazath Tactical Borg (Borg Soldier)
HD: 20d8+240 (400 Hp)
Initiative: +7 dex
Speed: 90 ft
Ac: 71 (+7 Dex, +30 Enchantment Armor, +12 Insight, +12 Luck)
Attacks: 4 Slams +67/+62/+57/+52 Melee, Or 10 Disruptor shots +56 melee, or 4 Neutralizers +56 melee .
Damage: Slam (1d6+46), Disruptor (4d10+20), Nuetralizer (8d6+20 Subsonic) plus paralyization (DC 30)
Grapple: +50
Face/Reach: 5ft by 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Nanoprobe Injection (Assimilation)
Special Qualities: Adamantine Bones, Adaptive, Class X Sensor, Collective Intelligence ,Detect Magic (At Will), Fast Healing 80, Regeneration 80, Gravity Anchor, Immunities, Learned Weapon Immunity, Immunity to Magic, Long Borg Eyepiece, Phase Cloak, Truesight (60 feet), Omni-sensor,
Saves: Fortitude (+22) Reflex (+29) Will (Never Fails/Collective)
Abilities: Str (43) Dex (33) Con (--) Int (--) Wis (10) Cha (10)
Skills: Collective
Feats: Weapon Focus (X3), Weapon Specialization (x3), Greater Weapon Focus (X3), Greater Weapon Specialization (x3), Melee Weapon Mastery (Bludgeoning, Piercing), Toughness, Mobility, Dodge, Endurance, Combat Reflexes
Epic Feats: Epic Weapon Focus (x3), Epic Weapon Specialization (x3)
*Feats are selectively used by the collective. The ones above are usually what the Borg Mind use. However in special cases a borg drone can use certain feats

Jazath Standard Borg
HD: 20d8+240 (400 hp)
Initiative: +12 dex
Speed: 90 feet
AC: 76 (+12 dex, +30 Enhancement Bonus, +12 insight, +12 luck)
Attacks: 4 Slams +57/+52/+47/+42
Damage: Slam (1d6+33)
Grapple:+25
Face/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Nanoprobe Injection
Special Qualities: Adamantine Bones, Adaptive, Learned Weapon Immunity, Immunity to Magic, Borg Immunities, Fast Healing 80, Regeneration 80, Collective Intelligence, Polyvox, Gravity Anchor, Truesight (60 ft), Detect Magic (At Will), Omni-Sensor,
Saves: Fort (+21) Ref (+28) Will (+NA)
Abilities: Str (36) Dex (35) Con (--) Int (--) Wis (10) Cha (10)
Skills: Collective
Feats: Collective
Epic Feats: Collective

Jazaths Medical Borg
HD: 20d8+240 (400 hp)
Initiative: +13 dex
Speed: 90 ft
AC: 78 (+14 Dex, +30 Enhancement Bonus, +12 Insight, +12 Luck)
Attacks: 4 Slams +56/+51/+46/+41 melee
Damage: Slam (1d6+31)
Grapple: +23
Face/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Nanoprobe Injection
Special Qualities: Adamantine Bones, Adaptive, Learned Weapon Immunity, Immunity to Magic, Fast Healing 80, Regeneration 80, Collective Intelligence, Polyvox, Gravity Anchor, Truesight (120 ft), Detect Magic (At Will), Neural Recorder, Medical Appendage, Regenerator (800 hp per round), Omni-Sensors, Bioscoping eyepiece,
Saves: Fort (+22) Ref (+32) Will (+NA)
Abilities: Str (33) Dex (38) Con (--) Int (--) Wis (10) Cha (10)

Jazath
2021-02-10, 03:21 PM
Here is my Borg Cube so far, opinions?

JAZATH'S BORG CUBE
(Type: Superheavy) (Size: Awesome)
(Subtype: Borg Cube) (Tactical Speed: 8,500 feet)
(Defense: 863) (Length: 3,036 meters)
(Flat-footed Defense: NA) ( Weight: 3,166,560,000,000 Metric tons*)
(Autopilot Defense: NA) (Targeting System Bonus: +1,800)
(Hardness: 1500) (Crew: Usually 5,000 Drones)
(Hit Dice: 50,000d20 (1,000,000 hp)) (Passenger Capacity: 130,000)
(Initiative Modifier: +100) (Cargo Capacity:: 1,000,000 metric tons)
(Grapple Modifier:+250)

Attacks: 16 Borg Energy Beams (1,000 pts), 3 Borg Cutting Beams (Not sure. In roleplay terms they usually just slice through your hull)

Engines: Spatial Compressor, Borg Matrix Engine, Temporal Drive Generator, Dimensional Drive Generator, Jump Drive

Defense Systems: Adaptive Shield Systems, Automatic Regeneration Matrix (50,000 hp per round), Phase Cloak, Nanite Repair Array High Level Structural Integrity Array, Subspace Field, Selective Anti-Magic Field, Force Field, One-way Wall Of Force Protection, Dampening Field, Temporal Shields,

Sensors: Magic/Psionic Immune Sensors, Class X Sensors, Achilles Targeting Systems.

Weapons: 24 Omega Class Tractor Beams (Negates all energy sources on a locked on object. Freezing them entirely and negating their shields), 24 Borg Energy Weapons, 18 Borg Cutting Beams

JAZATHS BORG CONVERTOR CUBE
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21329/ScreenShot_386.jpg
These convert entire planets into the material used for construction. It can create more borg ships or just use it as constructing material.

JAZATHS BORG SPHERE
Meant as a scout ship. A lot smaller than a Borg cube

JAZATHS BORG OBELISK
A little longer than a cube. But thin. They create dimensional rifts and pockets to transport large cargo over a great distance. If at least a 100 surround a planet they can teleport the whole place if needed to another location. Usually the main Borg Complex.

JAZATHS BORG TACTICAL DIAMOND
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/35c3a5fb-02c6-478f-be21-4bbba6c38649/d5numw-bf5db2fe-9429-4c67-93f0-51cb42856da5.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJ IUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjph cHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMzVjM2E1ZmItMD JjNi00NzhmLWJlMjEtNGJiYmE2YzM4NjQ5XC9kNW51bXctYmY1 ZGIyZmUtOTQyOS00YzY3LTkzZjAtNTFjYjQyODU2ZGE1LmpwZy J9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2Fk Il19.Fzk9iiUUBKc-2a91MUQPw2rHkRsgfusJqGa6a10zUq4
Intended for combat. Heavily armed out of all the Borg vessels. Deals 5,000 points with a single shot. Made for elite personnel

JAZATHS BORG CUBE CARRIER
9,200 meters wide
9,120 meters tall
36,480 meters long

Carries 48 Borg Cubes

Current Borg Creations I made (Need to know if their are any more i could create)
Borg Types
Tactical Borg
Standard Borg
Medical Borg

Special Species In The Collective
Beholder
Dragon
Mindflayer
Kahtak (Winged paragon War Trolls)
Cerebiums (Six armed super telepaths)
Aquatic Borg
Gloom
Heta's
Grell (Took us a bit on how to figure it out....)
Plus a lot more not listed

Species Assimilated
Over 2 Trillion Different Species Have been assimilated

Borg Constructs
Unimatrix Base (Made to act as a borg hub in solar systems. A science, repair, and borg cube manufacturer. At least 90,000 in the universe. Will be located in separate Quadrants.)
Borg Fortress (An immense land based construct put on multiple worlds. They look like rectangular skyscrapers and multiple are lined in the same area usually)
Borg Marine Dome (Made for aquatic bases)

Morty_Jhones
2021-02-10, 06:23 PM
intresting stats.. a bit op though.

Borg Drones are not indevidualy that formidable.

personaly i would see 'BORG Drone' as an aquired template.

no stat mods or aqured feats other than Cibernetic, and Mind link, borg nanobots equipment.

Cibernetic feat removes max cibernetic's a mob can have by con mod.

Mind link feat would allow any borg to use comunicate mentaly with any other Drone and use any otheres skill ranks as a full round action.

Borg nanobots means that as a full round action the borg drone can manufature and equip one common equipment Item.

lets not forget that one of there quipment options would be borg nanotubs which would allow them to infect an target they can graple with nanobots. after 1d6 rtounds the target strts to undergo stage one infection and becomes highly serjesterble for 1d6 hours. at the end of this period the subject gains the borg drone template and is now a miondless undead drone.

during stage two if a victime interacts with an asimerlation table thay become a Borg drone but retains all skills feats and race.

If you asumed that the borg would go after specalists 1st this means that any borg dron would have a few skills of its own apropreat to its type, but could interlink with the colective for a full round action so as to have any skill at rank 10 easly.
then its onborde factory would allow it to have any single equipment nessersry for the job, in addition to any cybernetics it has already..

thus even a lowly Drone could quite easly become a horrible monster in its own right.

Also Borg use disrupters, cutting beams (heavy lasers) and tractoir beams as standard weapons, and Micro fushion and fishion breader reactors as a backup power and multiple warp core's as primary power

Also unimtrix 001 was a masive dison array built around a star in a nebula. not a soild dison sphire but still big enough. it was a major shipyard and resorce hub for the borg colective.

note also that that ability to adapt from the nanobots means that unless an attack instantly kills its target, the borg drone or the ship/station will spend next turn maufactering whatever defence will prevent damage. so after a few attacks they will have whatever equipment they need to resiste the damage. if you are alowing magic this will ALSO include magical defences as the colective overrides the mind of the target and would alow them to direct there magical talent.

Jazath
2021-02-10, 06:31 PM
intresting stats.. a bit op though.

Borg Drones are not indevidualy that formidable.

personaly i would see 'BORG Drone' as an aquired template.

no stat mods or aqured feats other than Cibernetic, and Mind link, borg nanobots equipment.

Cibernetic feat removes max cibernetic's a mob can have by con mod.

Mind link feat would allow any borg to use comunicate mentaly with any other Drone and use any otheres skill ranks as a full round action.

Borg nanobots means that as a full round action the borg drone can manufature and equip one common equipment Item.

lets not forget that one of there quipment options would be borg nanotubs which would allow them to infect an target they can graple with nanobots. after 1d6 rtounds the target strts to undergo stage one infection and becomes highly serjesterble for 1d6 hours. at the end of this period the subject gains the borg drone template and is now a miondless undead drone.

during stage two if a victime interacts with an asimerlation table thay become a Borg drone but retains all skills feats and race.

If you asumed that the borg would go after specalists 1st this means that any borg dron would have a few skills of its own apropreat to its type, but could interlink with the colective for a full round action so as to have any skill at rank 10 easly.
then its onborde factory would allow it to have any single equipment nessersry for the job, in addition to any cybernetics it has already..

thus even a lowly Drone could quite easly become a horrible monster in its own right.

Also Borg use disrupters, cutting beams (heavy lasers) and tractoir beams as standard weapons, and Micro fushion and fishion breader reactors as a backup power and multiple warp core's as primary power

Also unimtrix 001 was a masive dison array built around a star in a nebula. not a soild dison sphire but still big enough. it was a major shipyard and resorce hub for the borg colective.

Alright. I might take this into my stats. But as a level 600+ Wizard I think i would design something this op in my own right. I want to overwhelm beings with raw power.

Also, using a Borg template would be far too much wasted paper! I find it simpler to make one borg for a humanoid medium species instead of a template system. That seems to me like an overcomplication to take up a template source into such a massive array of borg. Besides, I'm a level 600 something phane, why not I create a Op cybrog that can mass produce?

RNightstalker
2021-02-11, 11:38 AM
I know the mods frown on repeated/back-to-back posting. I believe we can edit our posts if we forgot to include something.

Bronk
2021-02-11, 12:49 PM
If you havent checked out the Kaorti (Fiend Folio I think) then you should. They might fit well for this

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, physically Kaorti mixed with the Inevitables, acting like Clockwork Horrors, with a hive mind like Fomorians or Spellweavers, then make them all lawful evil with the Axiomatic template.

Kaorti are smart and powerful, with tech-like weaponry.

Inevitables stalk a target, and upon failure, a more powerful one is made in the Forge Creches of Mechanus, then sent out on the same mission, repeating until successful.

Clockwork Horrors seek to take apart the universe and make more of themselves.

Fomorians and Spellweavers have many miles wide hive minds and telepathy, and seek to control the multiverse.

The Axiomatic template only works on lawful creatures, and lawful evil fits the bill.

Physically, you could have whatever race gets picked up put into a big machine, I'm thinking a cross between that big evil machine from the Fiendish Codeces that grants grafts and the process that reverts Devils into Nupperibo, and out the other side comes some standardized humanoid thing with machine parts and no original personality.

For the Borg Cube though, first of all make it at least 'Awesome Size' (from the Spelljammer Dungeon article), and consider that something the size of a solar system could just be a Crystal Sphere jam packed with stuff... maybe self propelled, feasting on other Crystal Spheres? Smaller ones can be encountered first, and the bigger one can show up for the finale. Also, not all Crystal Spheres have suns, some have Starbeasts instead, and that would be interesting for them to deal with. Starbeast sized Borgs?

By the way, I highly recommend the Blame! manga for this kind of thing...

Jazath
2021-02-11, 02:37 PM
Also, How much hit points would a solar sized construct constructed out of nuetronium HAVE?

MR_Anderson
2021-02-11, 02:43 PM
Alright. I might take this into my stats. But as a level 600+ Wizard I think i would design something this op in my own right. I want to overwhelm beings with raw power.

Also, using a Borg template would be far too much wasted paper! I find it simpler to make one borg for a humanoid medium species instead of a template system. That seems to me like an overcomplication to take up a template source into such a massive array of borg. Besides, I'm a level 600 something phane, why not I create a Op cybrog that can mass produce?

You should determine what you want your average humanoid borg stats to be, then base a template on that so if there was ever question on someone’s character being taken and turned into one you have an answer, the same is done for many creatures in the MM.

Strength would increase greatly, we’re talking into the low-mid 20’s easily.

Dexterity is absolutely reduced, You could even make an argument for a 3 in this stat.

Constitution would stay the same, but more likely be reduced, maybe also a 3, I know this sounds wrong, but actually borg are very easy to destroy once you by pass the technological defenses.

Intelligence Is an unnecessary stat, and frankly you could set it to 3 for all active borg. Borg act like drones/animals unless removed from the network. Subconsciously though they still have who they were before the transformation, and they can be reached through dreams.

Wisdom is much like Intelligence.

Charisma would receive an increase. While CHA tends to be a personal stat much like INT & WIS, it also impacts the ominous impression the borg carry with them to intimidate. Let’s not forget the borg like to negotiate through Diplomacy. Remember, “We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.”

Alignment: Borg are an organized structured creature. Law and order is what rules them. Some might think they are evil, but I’d argue they are LN, but it wouldn’t be incorrect to label them LE. Either way, a protection from Law spell would cut off a borg from the collective.

Saving Throws
Fort: Even with a Constitution reduction, I would increase this to be a high saving throw.
Refl: This is the worst of the worst.
Will: This would be a very high saving throw again regardless of the actual Wisdom stat.

Basically Saves would be +2/+0/+2.

Hit Dice: D8 or D6, Again, Borg are easy to kill if you can hit them with good damage. Because phasers were able to kill them, they are less than 4 HD creatures, and probably only 2 HD, so the template would add a single HD.

AC: Borg are easy to hit, but they have adaptive defenses and immunities.

The actual main modification of a creature becoming the Borg would be the special abilities. Borg would gain almost all the “Detect” magics, they would get basically any special Vision spell, such as See Invisibility or True Seeing. They would be immune to Illusions and Death effects by themselves. If connected to the collective, they would be immune to all Enchantments, Mind affecting abilities, or compulsion affects. (Other than that of the collective.)

They would be able to enable immunity to type damage after 1d8+2 hits (Basically after 3 hits start rolling D100%, each hit increases the probability the borg adapt) all borg present would gain the type immunity or DR against the type damage.

Borg are not Undead, they are living, but they have the ability to suppress bodily functions. They can not be turned.

The question I have is why a level 600 wizard would create something like the borg, I mean that is something a level 400 wizard would do, you should think more grandiose.

Jazath
2021-02-12, 10:45 AM
You should determine what you want your average humanoid borg stats to be, then base a template on that so if there was ever question on someone’s character being taken and turned into one you have an answer, the same is done for many creatures in the MM.

Strength would increase greatly, we’re talking into the low-mid 20’s easily.

Dexterity is absolutely reduced, You could even make an argument for a 3 in this stat.

Constitution would stay the same, but more likely be reduced, maybe also a 3, I know this sounds wrong, but actually borg are very easy to destroy once you by pass the technological defenses.

Intelligence Is an unnecessary stat, and frankly you could set it to 3 for all active borg. Borg act like drones/animals unless removed from the network. Subconsciously though they still have who they were before the transformation, and they can be reached through dreams.

Wisdom is much like Intelligence.

Charisma would receive an increase. While CHA tends to be a personal stat much like INT & WIS, it also impacts the ominous impression the borg carry with them to intimidate. Let’s not forget the borg like to negotiate through Diplomacy. Remember, “We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.”

Alignment: Borg are an organized structured creature. Law and order is what rules them. Some might think they are evil, but I’d argue they are LN, but it wouldn’t be incorrect to label them LE. Either way, a protection from Law spell would cut off a borg from the collective.

Saving Throws
Fort: Even with a Constitution reduction, I would increase this to be a high saving throw.
Refl: This is the worst of the worst.
Will: This would be a very high saving throw again regardless of the actual Wisdom stat.

Basically Saves would be +2/+0/+2.

Hit Dice: D8 or D6, Again, Borg are easy to kill if you can hit them with good damage. Because phasers were able to kill them, they are less than 4 HD creatures, and probably only 2 HD, so the template would add a single HD.

AC: Borg are easy to hit, but they have adaptive defenses and immunities.

The actual main modification of a creature becoming the Borg would be the special abilities. Borg would gain almost all the “Detect” magics, they would get basically any special Vision spell, such as See Invisibility or True Seeing. They would be immune to Illusions and Death effects by themselves. If connected to the collective, they would be immune to all Enchantments, Mind affecting abilities, or compulsion affects. (Other than that of the collective.)

They would be able to enable immunity to type damage after 1d8+2 hits (Basically after 3 hits start rolling D100%, each hit increases the probability the borg adapt) all borg present would gain the type immunity or DR against the type damage.

Borg are not Undead, they are living, but they have the ability to suppress bodily functions. They can not be turned.

The question I have is why a level 600 wizard would create something like the borg, I mean that is something a level 400 wizard would do, you should think more grandiose.

I'm thinking my borg will ALWAYS be connected to the collective. 24/7 even if separated from the cube. When a shuttlecraft from a certain TV show went warp 10 the Pilot existed everywhere at once for a brief instant. I'm thinking If I augment the borg collective connection to warp 10 I could eliminate distance limits for my consciousness. Anything Borg will remain connected to the collective as long as a cube exists exists in the universe. Allowing for instant communication and control from the collective. While Jazath functions as the Borg queen. Using a neural implant to connect himself with every borg in the universe. Is that not grandiose enough? To claim almost the absolute level of technology and reach a degree of omniscience? That's Jazaths dream, to obtain technology and to control and improve order in the universe using the Borg. It's just I always loved the Borg as a villain and I find it cool to create a more powerful version of the Borg as an evil character.

ShurikVch
2021-02-12, 10:52 AM
For the Borg nanoprobes - try to use the Deadly Stardust from the Sandstorm

Here is my Borg Cube so far, opinions?

JAZATH'S BORG CUBE
(Type: Superheavy) (Size: Colossal )
Just Colossal?
Come on!
Shadow of the Spider Moon introduced the new size category - Awesome
Borg Cube don't deserves anything less...

Jazath
2021-02-12, 11:01 AM
For the Borg nanoprobes - try to use the Deadly Stardust from the Sandstorm

Just Colossal?
Come on!
Shadow of the Spider Moon introduced the new size category - Awesome
Borg Cube don't deserves anything less...

Thank you!

MR_Anderson
2021-02-12, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking my borg will ALWAYS be connected to the collective. 24/7 even if separated from the cube. When a shuttlecraft from a certain TV show went warp 10 the Pilot existed everywhere at once for a brief instant. I'm thinking If I augment the borg collective connection to warp 10 I could eliminate distance limits for my consciousness. Anything Borg will remain connected to the collective as long as a cube exists exists in the universe. Allowing for instant communication and control from the collective. While Jazath functions as the Borg queen. Using a neural implant to connect himself with every borg in the universe. Is that not grandiose enough? To claim almost the absolute level of technology and reach a degree of omniscience? That's Jazaths dream, to obtain technology and to control and improve order in the universe using the Borg. It's just I always loved the Borg as a villain and I find it cool to create a more powerful version of the Borg as an evil character.

I would go back and rewatch many of the episodes with the Borg, as the connection to the collective is disrupted fairly easily in many episodes.

Actually, very early in the Borg story within Star Trek, Captain Picard had the opportunity to wipe out the entire borg collective killing all borg across the universe, because they were able to find a borg drone not connected to the network. He chose not to commit genocide and returned the borg drone named Hugh. Episode “I, Borg” [S05E23].

Later in Voyager, we find other borg who have been disconnected from the collective. Episode “Unity” [S03E17] has former borg who were knocked out of the collective network. “Unimatrix Zero” [S06E26-S07E01] ties back to ramifications of Picard’s choice with Hugh while not connected to the collective. Least we not forget Seven of Nine, and be thankful she was disconnected.

As a DM, with the uncertainties that space contains and the other many things characters could do to disrupt a connection to the collective, it is naive to think every borg would always be connected, just like your cellphone always having coverage.

Basically, if you understand networks, You would have three different collective networks.

The Collective Cloud - This is like the internet cloud, where everything would flow from and to anywhere there is a connection.

The Collective WAN - This would be a localized connection of multiple borg in an area where there is no connection to the Collective Cloud. This could be as large as multiple cubes or as small as a single ship. The Collective WAN may or may not be connected to the Collective Cloud at any given time. The borg don’t need to be connected to the collective at all times. There is a reason they used the term Drone and Queen, as they are like bees that can follow directives for the hive without being directly connected to the queen at all times. Think of First Contact, the Queen and her Sphere ship would have been a Collective WAN once they went back in time, and that was the reason they had to establish a line of communication to the borg far away.

The Collective Token-Ring - This is what a few borg drones on a planet would have as a team, the ability to communicate and share information at a local level. If any of the drones have access to a WAN or Cloud network node they can relay the information to those beyond the local collective and share it with the entire collective.

Remember, they are technology based, and technology has limits; magic even has limits like magic dead zones, mind blank, and other barriers to communications. Just understand it and plan accordingly. Wizards should be masters at planning anyways.

hamishspence
2021-02-12, 03:19 PM
Also, How much hit points would a solar sized construct constructed out of nuetronium HAVE?

I don't know if even D20 Future stats out Dyson sphere-sized objects.

One D20 book does however - D20 Star Munchkin. It also extends the size range past Colossal.

Asteroid, typical (Colossal: Size Modifier -8)
Asteroid, dino-killer (Ludicrous: Size Modifier -16)
Moon (Stupefying: Size Modifier -32)
Earth (Astounding: Size Modifier -64)
Jupiter (Excessive: Size Modifier -128)
Star (Vast: Size Modifier -256)
Dyson sphere (Inconceivable: Size Modifier -512)

The "Hull Plating" (for both AC and DR purposes) of such an object is +400.

So, the AC would be 10, -512 for size, +400 for "plating" would mean that it has an AC of -102, but it has DR 400/-.

Hit points: it would have 4,194,304 d10 + 560 hit points, which averages out to 23,069,232 hit points.

It's up to you how much being made of neutronium would modify these values.

Jazath
2021-02-13, 11:39 AM
I would go back and rewatch many of the episodes with the Borg, as the connection to the collective is disrupted fairly easily in many episodes.

Actually, very early in the Borg story within Star Trek, Captain Picard had the opportunity to wipe out the entire borg collective killing all borg across the universe, because they were able to find a borg drone not connected to the network. He chose not to commit genocide and returned the borg drone named Hugh. Episode “I, Borg” [S05E23].

Later in Voyager, we find other borg who have been disconnected from the collective. Episode “Unity” [S03E17] has former borg who were knocked out of the collective network. “Unimatrix Zero” [S06E26-S07E01] ties back to ramifications of Picard’s choice with Hugh while not connected to the collective. Least we not forget Seven of Nine, and be thankful she was disconnected.

As a DM, with the uncertainties that space contains and the other many things characters could do to disrupt a connection to the collective, it is naive to think every borg would always be connected, just like your cellphone always having coverage.

Basically, if you understand networks, You would have three different collective networks.

The Collective Cloud - This is like the internet cloud, where everything would flow from and to anywhere there is a connection.

The Collective WAN - This would be a localized connection of multiple borg in an area where there is no connection to the Collective Cloud. This could be as large as multiple cubes or as small as a single ship. The Collective WAN may or may not be connected to the Collective Cloud at any given time. The borg don’t need to be connected to the collective at all times. There is a reason they used the term Drone and Queen, as they are like bees that can follow directives for the hive without being directly connected to the queen at all times. Think of First Contact, the Queen and her Sphere ship would have been a Collective WAN once they went back in time, and that was the reason they had to establish a line of communication to the borg far away.

The Collective Token-Ring - This is what a few borg drones on a planet would have as a team, the ability to communicate and share information at a local level. If any of the drones have access to a WAN or Cloud network node they can relay the information to those beyond the local collective and share it with the entire collective.

Remember, they are technology based, and technology has limits; magic even has limits like magic dead zones, mind blank, and other barriers to communications. Just understand it and plan accordingly. Wizards should be masters at planning anyways.

I'm the character, not the DM (I need to change the prefix, my mistake)

Having a mixture of all three would be ideal. I would love to ask my DM if it's possible. But I want to issue orders to every borg at once when needed and access anything they come across instantly. Maybe my character could establish all these links, but establish his own when needed

You seem to know a great deal about networks, so I should ask if I could maintain this, what type of signal to use, ect.

MR_Anderson
2021-02-13, 12:17 PM
I'm the character, not the DM (I need to change the prefix, my mistake)

Having a mixture of all three would be ideal. I would love to ask my DM if it's possible. But I want to issue orders to every borg at once when needed and access anything they come across instantly. Maybe my character could establish all these links, but establish his own when needed

You seem to know a great deal about networks, so I should ask if I could maintain this, what type of signal to use, ect.

I was aware that you were not the DM, but as a player you should always think how a DM will look at something, and I shared my opinion as a DM.

Actually a Borg society will need all 3 types of communications I mentioned, and they have similar levels of communication in the shows.

As for communications, what is in the show doesn’t technically exist, because the means of transmission of communication across a galaxy would take many years, basically in the show it was magic anyways, but worked kind of like how I explained.

Jazath
2021-02-13, 12:46 PM
I was aware that you were not the DM, but as a player you should always think how a DM will look at something, and I shared my opinion as a DM.

Actually a Borg society will need all 3 types of communications I mentioned, and they have similar levels of communication in the shows.

As for communications, what is in the show doesn’t technically exist, because the means of transmission of communication across a galaxy would take many years, basically in the show it was magic anyways, but worked kind of like how I explained.

Well. Thank you for this information. And thank you for offering a little bit of your time and experience as a DM.

Jazath
2021-02-13, 01:15 PM
Is it possible to assimilate Outsiders? My Dm is leading toward the "No" but is unsure. Would it technically be possible?

MR_Anderson
2021-02-13, 01:23 PM
Well. Thank you for this information. And thank you for offering a little bit of your time and experience as a DM.

Absolutely, I enjoy Star Trek almost as much as D&D, and I am a computer/electronics tech. I actually have experience with wave propagation including space communication networks.

I am also running a Spelljammer (Space) campaign right now, well they are about a level from finding out it is a Space campaign.

MR_Anderson
2021-02-13, 01:31 PM
Is it possible to assimilate Outsiders? My Dm is leading toward the "No" but is unsure. Would it technically be possible?

I would absolutely say yes. There are certain outsiders that basically assimilate creatures from the prime material plane, so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

However, there are clearly some species of creatures that would not be able to be assimilated. In this case the Borg would pretty much try to find a use technologically or it would eradicate it.

The Borg are a less interesting version of the Goa’uld from Stargate.

Jazath
2021-02-13, 01:39 PM
I would absolutely say yes. There are certain outsiders that basically assimilate creatures from the prime material plane, so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

However, there are clearly some species of creatures that would not be able to be assimilated. In this case the Borg would pretty much try to find a use technologically or it would eradicate it.

Alright. Then If he lets me It'll be wonderful to try and tap into the lower and higher planes with hordes of borg. We could rule the universe just by adapting to any attacks they might use. Assimilating celestials from lower and higher planes would definitely improve my standings in numbers

Jazath
2021-02-13, 01:46 PM

Would they keep spell-like abilities, and some special qualities like change shape?

Jazath
2021-02-15, 12:13 PM
Alright, so now I am planning for the case of a disruption in the Borg mind. I'm thinking that Jazath could be used as a fail safe if such an event like a borg rebellion would occur.
Using a psionically and magically enhanced Neural Implant I will be able to dominate every Borg in the universe personally, Just In Case, and give them all new orders to override any uprisings. The Special Implant will be fused to my divine essence, I will be able to activate and deactivate at will. It's control is completely one way meaning nothing can piggyback on to it into my mind. A safe precaution indeed.
The Implant is extremely advanced in technology. A paragon of tech. It took Jazath 20 years to create it and figure out the kinks, but with it Jazath can 'See' through any Borg or Borg vessel in existence. As well peer into individual Borg functions.
However there are some drawbacks. If someone else manages to get the implant they could control the Borg, giving new orders.
Luckily, If I am ever separated the Implant self destructs. It's locked on to my quantum signature and accepts no other as it's own. Its like a DNA based interface.
Then again, something could happen I have not foreseen. I'm curious is their any other way a rebellion or glitch be triggered?
Our Borg is designed to ignore a paradox when it encounters one, simply storing the data for admin (That's me) To review. Borg ships are sub focal points for the collective. Two types of links: sublinks and links. Links are solidly established if a borg drone is in the same solar system of a Borg cube or similar Borg official location. A linked drone is part of a singular Borg entity, to talk to one drone with a link is to talk to every Borg. Think of Jazath and the Borg as two seperate beings. Jazath as Admin and the Borg as the follower and servitor.
If the Borg Cube is not in the same solar system as a borg member, the drone will loose the base link but will ALWAYS retain a sublink. The sublink is not as strong as a primary link. Only thing it really allows is the collective to know the direction of the sublinked Borg, as well if it is danger or being held captive. The collective will send phase cloaked Borg to retrieve the Borg Drone(s)
The Sublinked drone acts in it's designated manner. Attempting to gather information but ultimately find a way back to the collective. A group of Borg Drones away from the Borg cube will establish a link with each other, but the entire group also retains the sublink. A single sublinked Borg reverts to 33 Intelligence. But does not gain wisdom and automatically follows orders it was assigned. The sublinked borg drone loses the score when with multiple Borg and the small collective of Borg forms a more powerful mental link to reach longer distances,. The more Borg in a link the more powerful the sublink.

Also if the Borg are beamed with a Borg Collective Matrix they always will retain a link as long as the matrix is in the same solar system. A Matrix is located in the center of every Borg vessel or structure.
Sublinked Borg not in the full collective will usually phase cloak and enter safe areas or places of interest. Analyzing and observing.
Borg can obliterate any computer virus on command. Their links regenerate in practically picoseconds.

The original personalities of drones are eradicated during assimilation. Their knowledge and experience thrown into the pool that is the Borg. A sublinked drone is equipped with all skills at maximum ranks with their respective bonus's from their stats. If more Borg join their experiences add on. Increasing the Bonu's for skills and mental stats like will.
So.....is this enough countermeasures? I know there would be something in the universe that could find a way the harm the collective or disrupt it. But this is the most we could think off

Maybe I should redo my attack on evermeet. Use a Borg ship instead and assimilate the elves to appease my sword (In the collective the sword has no say) Maybe a Borg fortress and collective could be established on Toril.

loky1109
2021-02-15, 04:03 PM
... I don't really know? Thousands? of solar systems for the material.

~3 cubic light years?
Billions and billions!
And this mass of course collapse into black hole.
SMBH!

loky1109
2021-02-15, 04:17 PM
You don't understand.
Size of solar system filled substance with density of Sun will had mass of ~10^18 solar mass.
Biggest known supermassive black hole has mass ~6,6*10^10 solar mass.
Milky Way's mass ~4,8⋅10^11 solar mass.
I.e. your Borg's base is 10 000 000 times heavier than our galaxy.

Infinity d infinity + infinity.

Jazath
2021-02-18, 09:59 AM
You don't understand.
Size of solar system filled substance with density of Sun will had mass of ~10^18 solar mass.
Biggest known supermassive black hole has mass ~6,6*10^10 solar mass.
Milky Way's mass ~4,8⋅10^11 solar mass.
I.e. your Borg's base is 10 000 000 times heavier than our galaxy.

Infinity d infinity + infinity.

Any spells or technology to eliminate weight?

loky1109
2021-02-18, 10:16 AM
1. Weight != Mass
2. Where did you take all this material?
3. It seems not possible to eliminate weight or mass of ten millions galaxys.
4. And I don't understand for what reason you want such absurd staff.

Jazath
2021-02-18, 10:28 AM
1. Weight != Mass
2. Where did you take all this material?
3. It seems not possible to eliminate weight or mass of ten millions galaxys.
4. And I don't understand for what reason you want such absurd staff.

I sent Borg ships called Converter cubes. Different from your standard Borg cube. They spread across the galaxy, converting entire planets to large hunks of nano enhanced Neutronium. Which we sent Borg Obelisks to harvest and transport the Neutronium into uninhabited dead space and began our construction. After that the material formated itself to serve as Borg alcoves. The more Borg the bigger the structure had to be made. When we filled up with Borg we needed to expand.
We house over a trillion Borg Vessel docking ports and construction. We conduct experiments with planets, golems, plants, people, animals and all sorts of things. We have over a quadrillion Borg alcoves and have large vaults which house larger assimilated creatures. Like virtually all types of assimilated dragons, giants, hundred armed alien beings, we captured deities (over 12) where we are trying to assimilate them, I believe we're close!

unseenmage
2021-02-19, 07:13 AM
I recommend checking out the Half-Machine template (Dungeon #91 pg106).

Its basically a bunch of traps that apply the template to unwilling victims.

Its a real example of the most basic Borg idea in an actual D&D product.

Also, the idea that one might build those traps and recreate the process as a player is just delightful.

loky1109
2021-02-19, 06:14 PM
I sent Borg ships called Converter cubes. Different from your standard Borg cube. They spread across the galaxy, converting entire planets to large hunks of nano enhanced Neutronium. Which we sent Borg Obelisks to harvest and transport the Neutronium into uninhabited dead space and began our construction. After that the material formated itself to serve as Borg alcoves. The more Borg the bigger the structure had to be made. When we filled up with Borg we needed to expand.
We house over a trillion Borg Vessel docking ports and construction. We conduct experiments with planets, golems, plants, people, animals and all sorts of things. We have over a quadrillion Borg alcoves and have large vaults which house larger assimilated creatures. Like virtually all types of assimilated dragons, giants, hundred armed alien beings, we captured deities (over 12) where we are trying to assimilate them, I believe we're close!

Neutronium... I used density of Sun. Density of Neutronium is 10^15 times more than density of Sun. So you need collect not 10 millions of galaxies. You need 10^23 galaxies. Amount of galaxies in observable universe are 5*10^11. You need trillion of universes.
You just don't understand the scope.

Size of Jupiter is more than enough for this purposes. Size of star if you want absurdly megalomanic construction.

Jazath
2021-02-22, 12:53 PM
Neutronium... I used density of Sun. Density of Neutronium is 10^15 times more than density of Sun. So you need collect not 10 millions of galaxies. You need 10^23 galaxies. Amount of galaxies in observable universe are 5*10^11. You need trillion of universes.
You just don't understand the scope.

Size of Jupiter is more than enough for this purposes. Size of star if you want absurdly megalomanic construction.

First of all, we constructed a docking bay to house over 48 planets that are much larger than Jupiter. Not only that but huge amounts of room for billions upon billions of borg machines to move through and operate. When we find a planet with unknown properties we can't identify or something interesting we surround the planet with over a hundred Borg Obelisk ships, and transport the sucker to the planet docking bay. Which is only a single section of the entire Borg complex.
Second of all, Over 9 quadrillion borg drones need to be contained in this structure.
Third of all, we encountered a world sized beholder called a world orb and needed an alcove for it to connect to outdoors in space. So we construct more.
Fourth of all, we convert planets into the material we need. Eradicated thousands of solar systems and replicated more for re-harvesting.
Fifth of all, we have a place were we harvest entire stars in sort of a Star Farm. Using them to power a super weapon of epic proportions.

loky1109
2021-02-23, 08:33 AM
Fourth of all, we convert planets into the material we need. Eradicated thousands of solar systems and replicated more for re-harvesting.
Fifth of all, we have a place were we harvest entire stars in sort of a Star Farm. Using them to power a super weapon of epic proportions.
Again. Thousands of solar systems isn't enough. Even millions or billions isn't enough (very very isn't) for build construction of this size. I wrote amount of material you need. You can't harvest it. This is absolutely absurd. If you somehow can - you don't need because you are absolutely powerful.

Second of all, Over 9 quadrillion borg drones need to be contained in this structure.
Quadrillion is 1015 or 1024? Anyway. We have standard for living square - 18 square meters for 1 person (human). Dron anyway don't need more. This meens that 1024 drons need 2*1025 (I rounded up). Multiply this on absurdly big 5 meters height. 1026 cubic meters. Next for some reasons (workspace, life support, etc) multiply on ten - 1027 = 1019 cubic kilometers.
Volume of Sun is ~1,5*1018 cubic kilometers. Ok, you need some more than Sun. You need ten Suns. And this is upper line.

ERROR! ERROR!

1027 = 1018 cubic kilometers. Accordingly one Sun is enough.

If quadrillion is 1015 there is enough volume of Jupiter -1015 cubic kilometers, one cubic kilometer for each borg dron. Sorry, for each nine drons.

we constructed a docking bay to house over 48 planets that are much larger than Jupiter.
First. What for do you need docking bay for planets? Why they can't rotate on their orbits around the base?
Second... You can house 10 000 Jupiters in volume of Sun. Ok, if we want some distance between they - 1 000 Jupiters. One of they can be your planet size beholder.

Volume of Sun is 1/1 000 000 000 000 of solar system's volume.

Batcathat
2021-02-23, 08:42 AM
Quadrillion is 10^15 or 10^24? Anyway. We have standard for living square - 18 square meters for 1 person (human). Dron anyway don't need more. This meens that 10^24 drons need 2*10^25 (I rounded up). Multiply this on absurdly big 5 meters height. 10^26 cubic meters. Next for some reasons (workspace, life support, etc) multiply on ten - 10^27 = 10^19 cubic kilometers.
Volume of Sun is ~1,5*10^18 cubic kilometers. Ok, you need some more than Sun. You need ten Suns. And this is upper line.
If quadrillion is 10^15 there is enough volume of Jupiter -10^15 cubic kilometers, one cubic kilometer for each borg dron. Sorry, for each nine drons.

I'm grateful that someone with actual math skills is able to argue this point more professionally than me, since mine was basically "But solar system... really, really big". :smallamused:

Kazyan
2021-02-23, 09:43 AM

There's no good reference for this. You could try the Immortal's Handbook, but you could also compare modern predictions about the material strength of that stuff compared to materials in the DMG. Note that science no longer expects neutron star interiors to be a uniform substance, i.e. neutronium, but different phases where neutrons get packed together in different shapes as the pressure increases towards the star's core. These various phases are referred to as "nuclear pasta" as a whole.

Neutronium is difficult to work with. If your DM rules that it will exist at ambient pressure, great. If it doesn't, you'll have to encase it in Riverine or something to keep it at neutron star pressures--and if that pressure is released, it's going to explode with the force of a dying star (because that's exactly where you get neutronium from). Charge-neutral udQM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent_of_stability) might be stable at ambient pressure, though.

You want a Planar Bubble or equivalent, tuned to a plane with no gravity, and somehow encompassing the entire ship. You're gonna need this effect heavily protected, with at least six redundant backups. This is because, in a plane with normal gravity, you can't normally put together a solar system-sized chunk of neutronium--that stuff's event horizon will expand past its actual volume before you get to even 100 kilometers wide, i.e. will become a black hole, and you'll have to start over. You have to cut gravity out of the equation, which will be tricky, because gravity is how neutronium is created in the first place.

Jazath
2021-02-23, 11:41 AM
Again. Thousands of solar systems isn't enough. Even millions or billions isn't enough (very very isn't) for build construction of this size. I wrote amount of material you need. You can't harvest it. This is absolutely absurd. If you somehow can - you don't need because you are absolutely powerful.

Alright, fair point. I'll just say we visited and harvested other universes once upon a time. Ravaged different planes of existence. Each layer of a plane is supposedly infinite, so that might work.

Quadrillion is 1015 or 1024? Anyway. We have standard for living square - 18 square meters for 1 person (human). Dron anyway don't need more. This meens that 1024 drons need 2*1025 (I rounded up). Multiply this on absurdly big 5 meters height. 1026 cubic meters. Next for some reasons (workspace, life support, etc) multiply on ten - 1027 = 1019 cubic kilometers.
Volume of Sun is ~1,5*1018 cubic kilometers. Ok, you need some more than Sun. You need ten Suns. And this is upper line.

ERROR! ERROR!

1027 = 1018 cubic kilometers. Accordingly one Sun is enough.

If quadrillion is 1015 there is enough volume of Jupiter -1015 cubic kilometers, one cubic kilometer for each borg dron. Sorry, for each nine drons.
Alright, so it won't be big as a solar system. Just a massive star like beetljuice.

First. What for do you need docking bay for planets? Why they can't rotate on their orbits around the base?
Second... You can house 10 000 Jupiters in volume of Sun. Ok, if we want some distance between they - 1 000 Jupiters. One of they can be your planet size beholder.

Volume of Sun is 1/1 000 000 000 000 of solar system's volume.[/QUOTE]

Alright, so maybe it will be around the size of a very large star, maybe NML Cygni?
We would prefer to keep them in a large "room" of sorts, surrounded by absurdly large equipment. Just they way we want it. We rule a large quadrant in the galaxy, devoid of planets (We converted them all) and replaced them with Dyson Spheres, Unicomplexes, Borg defense nodes/Patrols, you know.

Jazath
2021-02-23, 11:50 AM
There's no good reference for this. You could try the Immortal's Handbook, but you could also compare modern predictions about the material strength of that stuff compared to materials in the DMG. Note that science no longer expects neutron star interiors to be a uniform substance, i.e. neutronium, but different phases where neutrons get packed together in different shapes as the pressure increases towards the star's core. These various phases are referred to as "nuclear pasta" as a whole.

To be honest, science never held in D&d. So throw it out the window.

Neutronium is difficult to work with. If your DM rules that it will exist at ambient pressure, great. If it doesn't, you'll have to encase it in Riverine or something to keep it at neutron star pressures--and if that pressure is released, it's going to explode with the force of a dying star (because that's exactly where you get neutronium from). Charge-neutral udQM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent_of_stability) might be stable at ambient pressure, though.
Good thing it exists by itself. Star Trek physics

You want a Planar Bubble or equivalent, tuned to a plane with no gravity, and somehow encompassing the entire ship. You're gonna need this effect heavily protected, with at least six redundant backups. This is because, in a plane with normal gravity, you can't normally put together a solar system-sized chunk of neutronium--that stuff's event horizon will expand past its actual volume before you get to even 100 kilometers wide, i.e. will become a black hole, and you'll have to start over. You have to cut gravity out of the equation, which will be tricky, because gravity is how neutronium is created in the first place .

We might not need to eliminate gravity.

Destro2119
2021-02-23, 12:33 PM
Dear Sir,
As intrigued as I am by your suggestions, I read your characters level writeup and find that he is a Phane level 600 wizard.

You are cognizant of the fact, good sir, that is is enough to kill every god in the Deities and Demigods book if they were all attacking at once right?

What could someone of his stature do at his level that couldn't be done back when he was a level 20 wizard (which is already overqualified)? Why is he waiting until level 625 to do this?

As much as I love his "thinking big", 600 levels of wizard at Phane LA is just silly.

Sincerely,
Me

loky1109
2021-02-23, 01:05 PM
Alright, fair point. I'll just say we visited and harvested other universes once upon a time. Ravaged different planes of existence. Each layer of a plane is supposedly infinite, so that might work.
Even you have enough material, you don't have enough time.

Alright, so it won't be big as a solar system. Just a massive star like beetljuice.
This having more meaning.

We would prefer to keep them in a large "room" of sorts, surrounded by absurdly large equipment.
Why? You are afraid of possibility than planet run away?

We rule a large quadrant in the galaxy, devoid of planets (We converted them all) and replaced them with Dyson Spheres, Unicomplexes, Borg defense nodes/Patrols, you know.
Ok. What purpose has your base? Only to be VERY VERY BIG?
Because everything else does not require such a huge single construction.

To be honest, science never held in D&D.
It's not about science, it's about suppression of disbelief.

We might not need to eliminate gravity.
You might. Maximum mass of neutron star is 2.16 solar masses, this is ~20 km sphere of neutronium. If you will take more, you will create black hole.

What could someone of his stature do at his level that couldn't be done back when he was a level 20 wizard (which is already overqualified)?
Kill Lady of Pain maybe?

Jazath
2021-02-23, 01:17 PM
Dear Sir,
As intrigued as I am by your suggestions, I read your characters level writeup and find that he is a Phane level 600 wizard.

You are cognizant of the fact, good sir, that is is enough to kill every god in the Deities and Demigods book if they were all attacking at once right?

What could someone of his stature do at his level that couldn't be done back when he was a level 20 wizard (which is already overqualified)? Why is he waiting until level 625 to do this?

As much as I love his "thinking big", 600 levels of wizard at Phane LA is just silly.

Sincerely,
Me

He is not "Just Building this." It's part of his backstory. He and his Borg have been around for tens of thousands of years. We just thought it an interesting idea to create a Borg for a Pc to operate while not pulling punches. He did design it when he got around level 400. The character was in development a few months ago. We still are working out all the endless kinks
I understand that a battle between all the gods we could win. But other enemies exist such as overgods, Sentient universes, And hyper-beings who exist outside reality. Our greatest threat would be the far realm. Which is a place against the order we impose and threatens a Borg link
Well, first of all many things he can do a level 20 wizard couldn't do. Could you conjure a star at level twenty, make a quickened version of most epic spells, deal 450d20 damage in a single attack, enslave worlds, create spells for godhood? Some things a simple level 20 can't do. Usually though it's just larger numbers and bigger damage being dealt on absurd levels. But that's what we like.

Jazath
2021-02-23, 01:27 PM
Even you have enough material, you don't have enough time.
The Borg are 18,056 years old.

This having more meaning.

Why? You are afraid of possibility than planet run away?
No, though I'm afraid of keeping and orbit and out in space. A docking bay for planets sounds absurd. But I think it's pretty cool.

Ok. What purpose has your base? Only to be VERY VERY BIG?
Because everything else does not require such a huge single construction.
Then why build a death star? It's function is to serve Borg with alcoves in the quadrillions, manufacture more ships, experiment with captured ships, experiment on planet sized beings or objects, experiments in general, Living quarters for me in a small area. Just pretty much everything. Building something massive as this shows power beyond comprehension. Who wants to tackle an adversary with such a ludicrous base of operations? It's massive, awesome, and overwhelming. I find these all delightful!

You might. Maximum mass of neutron star is 2.16 solar masses, this is ~20 km sphere of neutronium. If you will take more, you will create black hole.
We say that the nano-enhanced neutronium is designed to NOT collapse.

Kill Lady of Pain maybe?
Irrelevant.

Kazyan
2021-02-23, 02:22 PM
Regarding the "time" problem and putting aside gravity for the moment, if you have A) a scalable way to generate neutronium from spells instead of needing to harvest* it from somewhere, B) a scalable way to traverse planes, and C) the administration to coordinate the process, you could make as large of a structure as you want. As you said, planes are infinite. You could just start building a cube/Borg-habitat somewhere in the Astral Plane, then when you have enough Borg-like builders to start a new project, just take them to a new spot in the Astral Plane. It'd work like cell division, with each Borg habitat working on generating another one, in addition to farming the neutronium. Repeat this process with exponential growth, until you have enough to make your cosmic-scale structure.

Of the requirements, B is trivial at your level and C is inherent to your subjects being Borg. It's A that's the kicker.

*From stars, I mean, but if you wanted a magic neutron tree that grows star fruits, I'm sure you could whip one up.

Jazath
2021-02-23, 03:21 PM
Regarding the "time" problem and putting aside gravity for the moment, if you have A) a scalable way to generate neutronium from spells instead of needing to harvest* it from somewhere, B) a scalable way to traverse planes, and C) the administration to coordinate the process, you could make as large of a structure as you want. As you said, planes are infinite. You could just start building a cube/Borg-habitat somewhere in the Astral Plane, then when you have enough Borg-like builders to start a new project, just take them to a new spot in the Astral Plane. It'd work like cell division, with each Borg habitat working on generating another one, in addition to farming the neutronium. Repeat this process with exponential growth, until you have enough to make your cosmic-scale structure.

Of the requirements, B is trivial at your level and C is inherent to your subjects being Borg. It's A that's the kicker.

*From stars, I mean, but if you wanted a magic neutron tree that grows star fruits, I'm sure you could whip one up.

That sounds swell, but adds to our eternal puzzlement. Now we must decide what other planes of existence would be ideal for us to colonize. I'm thinking we should inhabit multiple layers of the abyss far separated from massive colonies of fiends, carceri would be an ideal place to convert more Neutronium and to set large complexes.
We should target limbo for elimination and assimilation since it's just chaos. And our Borg must control chaos.
The higher planes would be ysgard and a few others. Maybe we have a hand in nearly every plane of existence. Constantly forming and expanding.
We could set up fort in the Astral plane, but I was leaning toward the prime material for our MAIN mother ship to reside in, just in case the planes collapse, which would prove very bad since the Borg Omnimatrix resides in the main base and helps keep the collective perfectly running.
Without it I would lose the ability to connect with Borg and ships they would disconnect from each other. Anarchy basically. Cell division is a great way of explaining their expansion. Consider us a full out plague to intelligent life with no known cure.

The Astral plane would allow us to monitor every plane, even maybe finding away to breach private demiplanes. Breaching every demiplane? That gives me shivers of excitement. Is such a thing possible through technology and/or magic?

loky1109
2021-02-24, 05:21 AM
The Borg are 18,056 years old.
Several dozen zeros are lacking.

No, though I'm afraid of keeping and orbit and out in space. A docking bay for planets sounds absurd. But I think it's pretty cool.
No, it isn't cool.

If you can build THIS, there are no difference for you docking bay, orbit, another arm of the galaxy. 600+ lvl wizard? All in galaxy are like in your back yard. Try to drag everything in "docking bay" is not how 600+ lvl wizard should think.

Build demiplan, let planets rotate there. No neutronium can be an obstacle more defensive that border between planes.

Then why build a death star?
There is no good reason.

It's function is to serve Borg with alcoves in the quadrillions, manufacture more ships, experiment with captured ships, experiment on planet sized beings or objects, experiments in general, Living quarters for me in a small area. Just pretty much everything. Building something massive as this shows power beyond comprehension. Who wants to tackle an adversary with such a ludicrous base of operations? It's massive, awesome, and overwhelming. I find these all delightful!
All this goals you can reach with much less cost.

We say that the nano-enhanced neutronium is designed to NOT collapse.
No.
First of all, neutrons are less than "nano". ~1000 times less.
Second... Suppose you can. Do you know how this looks like? Like you nail nails with e-microscope and armed miniature H-bomb alternately.
Basically, nothing prevents you from making kitchen utensils from diamonds. But anybody who do it, looks as last fool.

Is such a thing possible through technology and/or magic?
First. No.
Second. If you build solar size objects from neutronium, there are no impossible. But you whatever build solar size objects from neutronium.

Destro2119
2021-02-24, 07:47 AM
He is not "Just Building this." It's part of his backstory. He and his Borg have been around for tens of thousands of years. We just thought it an interesting idea to create a Borg for a Pc to operate while not pulling punches. He did design it when he got around level 400. The character was in development a few months ago. We still are working out all the endless kinks
I understand that a battle between all the gods we could win. But other enemies exist such as overgods, Sentient universes, And hyper-beings who exist outside reality. Our greatest threat would be the far realm. Which is a place against the order we impose and threatens a Borg link
Well, first of all many things he can do a level 20 wizard couldn't do. Could you conjure a star at level twenty, make a quickened version of most epic spells, deal 450d20 damage in a single attack, enslave worlds, create spells for godhood? Some things a simple level 20 can't do. Usually though it's just larger numbers and bigger damage being dealt on absurd levels. But that's what we like.

You could do all those things at level 30 at most. With a PC race! Remember, you tacked all this onto a phane of all things.

Far Realm? Dude-- your guy can just kill Azathoth at this point (if no other reason than his sheer cheese-ness causes the GM to give up the game and say you win). What could conceivably challenge him? How did he even get all that xp?

Jazath
2021-02-24, 10:26 AM
Several dozen zeros are lacking.
A wizard did it

No, it isn't cool.
Isn't "Cool" a matter of opinion?

If you can build THIS, there are no difference for you docking bay, orbit, another arm of the galaxy. 600+ lvl wizard? All in galaxy are like in your back yard. Try to drag everything in "docking bay" is not how 600+ lvl wizard should think.
I guess is a new battle on my front. Does it make a difference of what I build? I am an insanely powerful creature with a lot of time on my hands. He built it because he was bored, not only that: It's really hard for someone like me to think on a level like Jazath. But I'm going to try because it's challenging for me to be in that set of mind.

Build demiplan, let planets rotate there. No neutronium can be an obstacle more defensive that border between planes.
I'll do something like that maybe. Perhaps the docking bay actually is made up of large portals leading to these demiplanes. Where we store worlds and interesting things

No.
First of all, neutrons are less than "nano". ~1000 times less.
Second... Suppose you can. Do you know how this looks like? Like you nail nails with e-microscope and armed miniature H-bomb alternately.
Basically, nothing prevents you from making kitchen utensils from diamonds. But anybody who do it, looks as last fool.
We're making up a few new laws of reality. Nuetronium is a cool material, a episode of a Dyson Sphere made out of the stuff inspired me to create the immense complex. But it seems aggravating to reason with a matter already decided. Just let me have my fun. I'm constructing Op Borg, not diving into the pointless laws of physics I find unamusing

First. No.
Second. If you build solar size objects from neutronium, there are no impossible. But you whatever build solar size objects from neutronium.
Hmm? Your grammar is starting to confuse me.

Jazath
2021-02-24, 10:31 AM
You could do all those things at level 30 at most. With a PC race! Remember, you tacked all this onto a phane of all things.

Far Realm? Dude-- your guy can just kill Azathoth at this point (if no other reason than his sheer cheese-ness causes the GM to give up the game and say you win). What could conceivably challenge him? How did he even get all that xp?
I'm afraid there is no going back, we picked out an interesting race I have not played before and built on it. All the stats have been crafted and designed to perfection. It would be a waste to start over.
In our campaign a greater Overgod rules over every layer of the far realm. He poses a threat we can't adapt to easily, and could deal millions of damage by simply attacking. He is bound and trapped in his realm, however, so that gives us comfort. But we need to figure out how to destroy or capture him.
Also, beings on the far realm do not follow the normal laws of physics. Which we have never maintained a stable link in the far realm for long. It gets disrupted every time. Too much flux.

Destro2119
2021-02-24, 01:39 PM
I'm afraid there is no going back, we picked out an interesting race I have not played before and built on it. All the stats have been crafted and designed to perfection. It would be a waste to start over.
In our campaign a greater Overgod rules over every layer of the far realm. He poses a threat we can't adapt to easily, and could deal millions of damage by simply attacking. He is bound and trapped in his realm, however, so that gives us comfort. But we need to figure out how to destroy or capture him.
Also, beings on the far realm do not follow the normal laws of physics. Which we have never maintained a stable link in the far realm for long. It gets disrupted every time. Too much flux.

So how did he get that high level? How long has he even existed (OoC)?

Jazath
2021-02-24, 01:43 PM
So how did he get that high level? How long has he even existed (OoC)?

We created him a few months ago, We tried asking the question in another thread and finally hammered out how long he has been around.
This is our answer
Jazath is 56,006,290 years old, Creating his superior borg when he was 55,988,234.
He has killed multiple pantheons, fought world ending threats. Faced entities and anomalies, and completed evil quests to earn xp. Among other things.
He now sits, brooding in his main borg complex/omnimatrix. Discovering new universes and, every once in a blue moon, a new threat

MR_Anderson
2021-02-24, 03:32 PM
Would they keep spell-like abilities, and some special qualities like change shape?

I would argue no, as programming of the Borg would originally have to had that in the programming. There is a reason we pretty much only see Two-Armed and Two-Legged Borg.

All that other stuff about material concerns.

The Borg work on a nano level technologically speaking, and magic is purely based on knowledge (intelligence) in most game settings.

You don’t need galaxies of material to do what your are trying to do, ignore common math calculations, they are absolutely lacking, because this isn’t the real world, it is a game, and the game has magic which can overcompensate for the extra material.

All matter is made up of Electrons, Protons, and Neutrons. When you keep breaking them down smaller and smaller you reach particles of energy. Energy is abundant more so than material, just convert it to material, how do you think Minor/Major Creation Spells work, so you create a solution that is a cross between Technology and Magic.

Program a set of Nanites as Material Producers with the ability to use Minor/Major Creation and Permanency to create new Raw Materials.
||
\/
Materials are then broken down by Nanite Builders and used to create new Nanite Producers and Builders.
||
\/
Then you have Nanite Repurposers who use Transmutation magic to change designated Raw Materials into what is needed or change Producers into Builders or Builders into Producers or either into a Repurposer to control maximizing the exponential models of creation.

This production chain will solve all material needs.

icefractal
2021-02-24, 04:55 PM
Riverrine is weightless if you don't fill it with water, I think, which may help prevent the black hole problem. Doesn't matter how strong your neutronium structure is, the intense gravity would still prevent anything leaving and would crush anything onboard (like those planets in the docking bays) into atomic dust.

Sure, as a magical effect it's vulnerable to certain things, but non-magical neutronium is theoretically as vulnerable to Disintegrate or Passwall as non-magical stone would be. Probably you want a large number of layers of different substances (magic, non-magic, living, non-living, matter, energy) as a wall for anything important.

Jazath
2021-02-25, 06:11 PM
Riverrine is weightless if you don't fill it with water, I think, which may help prevent the black hole problem. Doesn't matter how strong your neutronium structure is, the intense gravity would still prevent anything leaving and would crush anything onboard (like those planets in the docking bays) into atomic dust.

Sure, as a magical effect it's vulnerable to certain things, but non-magical neutronium is theoretically as vulnerable to Disintegrate or Passwall as non-magical stone would be. Probably you want a large number of layers of different substances (magic, non-magic, living, non-living, matter, energy) as a wall for anything important.

The neutronium does regenerate by the will of the collective. Maybe using magical enhancement generators or generate an immense one-sided wall of force so we can use weapons against anybody idiotic enough to assault us. We have a selective anti-magic field which works wonders.
We solved the anti-gravity issue by having multiple moon sized anti-gravity generators all around the complex within pocket dimensions. That will help out the gravity force be nonexistent. Riverrine hasn't been discovered yet so far, and I don't think we could work with that particular substance. Though maybe if we discover it we could send it to a borg lab and analyze it.

Kazyan
2021-02-25, 09:47 PM
Are there any more how-to questions that need to be solved?

Jazath
2021-02-26, 09:19 AM
Are there any more how-to questions that need to be solved?

Where should I put Titans, Giants, and Dragons in the Main Omnicomplex? Is it possible to preserve a dragons flight ability and breath weapons?

What could be a suitable CR for the Borg we created?

Kazyan
2021-02-26, 10:38 AM
Where should I put Titans, Giants, and Dragons in the Main Omnicomplex? Is it possible to preserve a dragons flight ability and breath weapons?

What could be a suitable CR for the Borg we created?

The complex sounds big enough that space in not an issue in housing them, and there does not appear to be any reason that you can't retain those features of dragons. If you're looking for biological justifications for keeping those traits, there's some stuff in Draconomicon about how dragons work.

The challenge ratings of your Borg look like they'd be above 20, which is past the point where CR becomes arbitrary because capabilities between characters diverge so much. For example, standard Borg could be pretty scary for a low-optimization party, given how beefy its defenses are, but that one Borg can't do much against flying targets--it, itself, does not have a fly speed. But by WotC's standards, somewhere in the low 30s sounds about right for a CR.

Since these guys are the Borg, though, assigning a CR to an individual does not make a lot of sense--they'd call for backup. And what you've told us about your game, setting, and scope of threats you plan to challenge, I say to go big or go home: assign a CR to the entire collective.

Jazath
2021-02-26, 10:49 AM
The complex sounds big enough that space in not an issue in housing them, and there does not appear to be any reason that you can't retain those features of dragons. If you're looking for biological justifications for keeping those traits, there's some stuff in Draconomicon about how dragons work.

The challenge ratings of your Borg look like they'd be above 20, which is past the point where CR becomes arbitrary because capabilities between characters diverge so much. For example, standard Borg could be pretty scary for a low-optimization party, given how beefy its defenses are, but that one Borg can't do much against flying targets--it, itself, does not have a fly speed. But by WotC's standards, somewhere in the low 30s sounds about right for a CR.

Since these guys are the Borg, though, assigning a CR to an individual does not make a lot of sense--they'd call for backup. And what you've told us about your game, setting, and scope of threats you plan to challenge, I say to go big or go home: assign a CR to the entire collective.

Entire....how, in the Nine Hells, would I assign an entire CR to the collective? So many types of powerful and yet standard drones.

Also, I was meaning should large to colossal be lumped in with the other drones, or put in a separate area reserved for those of that size.

Kazyan
2021-02-26, 12:49 PM
If you have quick-and-easy teleportation for your large drones, you can separate them. Otherwise, mix them in with the rest of the army.

As for assigning a CR, at that point, there is no authority on power levels that high, and it's specific to your game. The only points of reference are your characters, so...can Jazath take on the collective right now? Could he do it back at level 400? If the answers are "yes" and "no", then the CR would be somewhere between about 430 and 630. Just figure out where in Jazath's development that started being possible, add a fudge factor to his level to account for being a Phane, and that's about the CR you're looking at.

Jazath
2021-02-27, 11:05 AM
What sort of protocols and equipment can be used when capturing deities?

loky1109
2021-02-27, 11:36 AM
Hmm? Your grammar is starting to confuse me.
Sorry, I'm not native speaker.

You can do anything in your game. I just want to point out one fact. Wizard-600 can do much more.

Program a set of Nanites as Material Producers with the ability to use Minor/Major Creation and Permanency to create new Raw Materials.
600 cu. ft. of Iridium (~22 000=~2.2*104 kg) by 10 minutes.

You can create mass of Sun (~10 km radius sphere of neutronium) in this manner by only ~1026 spells. Hm... 0.5*1020 years... Hmm... Good plan!

Entire....how, in the Nine Hells, would I assign an entire CR to the collective? So many types of powerful and yet standard drones.
CR = Infinity. Standard D&D rules don't work well on such a scale.

Jazath
2021-02-27, 11:56 AM
Sorry, I'm not native speaker.

You can do anything in your game. I just want to point out one fact. Wizard-600 can do much more.

I understand. My apologizes.
Yeah, a level 600 wizard can do more, however, maybe he was lower level when he constructed the Borg. Now he relaxes in his creation with a lazy streak

Alright, new age or the Borg.
Jazath will be 56,006,290 years old. Creating his superior borg when he was 27,003,234
Meaning the Borg are around 29,003,056 years old. We think they own entire quadrants of the Galaxy, and infest multiple other galaxies. A setback 18,000 years ago we named "The Dark Rebellion." Was a moment the Borg spun out of control, waging war with each other. As well as other significant moments in history.

Absolutely. We discussed it and it sounds perfect for our occupation
We'll call them Enhanced-Nanite Reproducers They work in large Nanocolonies Inside the main Borg Omnicomplex. Thous they are sometimes found in unimatrix's, creating new materials we need for ships and help expand the Borg Ship. Nanocolonies are driven by the collective. Like a drone.
They work with perfected Replicators (On a PL 8 technological level where they manipulate and replicate on an Atomic Level) and create neutronium. Which they create more Borg ships and help expand the complex(s)

Jazath
2021-03-02, 11:15 AM
Should the cutting beam basically be a disintegrator? A scientific version of the disintegration spell that has the same effects?

MR_Anderson
2021-03-03, 01:13 PM
600 cu. ft. of Iridium (~22 000=~2.2*104 kg) by 10 minutes.

You can create mass of Sun (~10 km radius sphere of neutronium) in this manner by only ~1026 spells. Hm... 0.5*1020 years... Hmm... Good plan!

I wasn’t looking at the wizard casting the spells, that would be far below his best use every day. Instead it would be the wizard that creates low level automatons that only have the ability to create/covert material and then create more automatons to forever speed up the process exponentially.

The millions of years could turn into thousands of years depending on the scale. I didn’t math it out, but doubling production each day of the cycle gets galactic quickly, and that isn’t even taking into consideration an 8 hour cycle instead of a 24 hour cycle.

This is the formula for something scary dominating and spreading faster than a hero or group of heroes in a story could fight single handily.

Absolutely. We discussed it and it sounds perfect for our occupation
We'll call them Enhanced-Nanite Reproducers They work in large Nanocolonies Inside the main Borg Omnicomplex. Thous they are sometimes found in unimatrix's, creating new materials we need for ships and help expand the Borg Ship. Nanocolonies are driven by the collective. Like a drone.
They work with perfected Replicators (On a PL 8 technological level where they manipulate and replicate on an Atomic Level) and create neutronium. Which they create more Borg ships and help expand the complex(s)

Due to the nature of how fast this replication can grow, it can become a solves everything tactic. Thus, I would really limit it, and other Borg units then would use the materials, just like you described.

Glad you liked the idea.

My question is, at what point does the wizard wake up from his dream of controlling the Universe?

Jazath
2021-03-03, 02:43 PM
My question is, at what point does the wizard wake up from his dream of controlling the Universe?

When he becomes a Time Lord and embodies the entire Universe.
Then I will go after other universes, Dreams do come true:smallwink:

MR_Anderson
2021-03-03, 05:15 PM
When he becomes a Time Lord and embodies the entire Universe.
Then I will go after other universes, Dreams do come true:smallwink:

👍

Well, dream big right?

Jazath
2021-03-03, 06:14 PM
👍

Well, dream big right?

Go Big or Go Home.

loky1109
2021-03-18, 04:18 PM
I wasn’t looking at the wizard casting the spells, that would be far below his best use every day. Instead it would be the wizard that creates low level automatons that only have the ability to create/covert material and then create more automatons to forever speed up the process exponentially.

The millions of years could turn into thousands of years depending on the scale. I didn’t math it out, but doubling production each day of the cycle gets galactic quickly, and that isn’t even taking into consideration an 8 hour cycle instead of a 24 hour cycle.

1020 isn't million, but I see. Yes, he can.

But... D&D isn't suitable system. It was created for other goals. Of course nobody will imprison for that.