PDA

View Full Version : Juggernaut Barbarian weapon choice

Nagog
2021-02-09, 11:44 AM
Hey everybody!

I'm creating a theoretical character I'd love to play in a future campaign using the Juggernaut Barbarian found in the Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/barbarian:juggernaut

I'm building this character for 2 reasons, the first being I want a character that introduces themselves as having the (assumedly magical) ability to walk through walls. They do this by smashing a hole into said wall and stepping through.
I also want to be capable of, in combat, using my first attack to disarm my opponent (probably with a contested Athletics check instead of an attack roll/damage) and then using my second attack to break their weapon in front of them (which I think would be BadA and hilariously intimidating). When my friends DM, they typically allow higher level characters to start with a magic item from a list we determined, and the list includes the Shatterspike and the Sword of Sharpness, both of which include bonuses to damage when attacking an object.

The Shatterspike guarantees a critical hit against objects, which will stack with the Juggernaut Barbarian's Demolishing Might feature that doubles their damage against objects and structures, as well as stacking with Brutal Critical once that comes online.

The Sword of Sharpness guarantees maximum weapon damage against objects, which is typically not as nice as critical hit, but it's also capable of being a Greatsword rather than being limited to a Longsword.

Of these two weapons, which would be a better choice for this playstyle? Are there any other, better weapons that apply similar bonuses?

Unoriginal
2021-02-09, 12:04 PM
Hey everybody!

I'm creating a theoretical character I'd love to play in a future campaign using the Juggernaut Barbarian found in the Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/barbarian:juggernaut

I'm building this character for 2 reasons, the first being I want a character that introduces themselves as having the (assumedly magical) ability to walk through walls. They do this by smashing a hole into said wall and stepping through.
I also want to be capable of, in combat, using my first attack to disarm my opponent (probably with a contested Athletics check instead of an attack roll/damage) and then using my second attack to break their weapon in front of them (which I think would be BadA and hilariously intimidating). When my friends DM, they typically allow higher level characters to start with a magic item from a list we determined, and the list includes the Shatterspike and the Sword of Sharpness, both of which include bonuses to damage when attacking an object.

The Shatterspike guarantees a critical hit against objects, which will stack with the Juggernaut Barbarian's Demolishing Might feature that doubles their damage against objects and structures, as well as stacking with Brutal Critical once that comes online.

The Sword of Sharpness guarantees maximum weapon damage against objects, which is typically not as nice as critical hit, but it's also capable of being a Greatsword rather than being limited to a Longsword.

Of these two weapons, which would be a better choice for this playstyle? Are there any other, better weapons that apply similar bonuses?

I would remove that link if I were you, not sure if the forum 's rules allow it.

To answer your question: if you want to do damage to objects, simply using an adamantine weapon is top tier.