PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Ultra Simple Druid Revision (ACF)

Elves
2021-02-10, 12:32 AM
Prepared Shapes
Class: Druid.
Level: 5th.
Replaces: If you take this alternative class feature, you don't gain daily uses of wild shape. You still gain the wild shape class feature.
Benefit: Each day when you prepare your spells, choose a number of eligible wild shape forms equal to the number of daily wild shape uses you would normally receive. You can assume any of these forms at will, with no time limit. At dawn or dusk -- whichever you normally prepare your spells at -- you revert to your normal form. (If you're in an encounter, this happens when the encounter ends.)

----

This is probably a power boost. But at a gameplay level do you think it works better as a mechanic than per-day Wild Shape?

johnbragg
2021-02-19, 08:32 PM
Prepared Shapes
Class: Druid.
Level: 5th.
Replaces: If you take this alternative class feature, you don't gain daily uses of wild shape. You still gain the wild shape class feature.
Benefit: You gain one "shape slot" per daily use of wild shape you would otherwise gain. At the start of the day, you fill each slot with a wild shape form you are eligible to assume, similar to a spellcaster preparing spells -- and like a spellcaster, you can leave shape slots open and fill them later. Your wild shape feature has no time limit; you can freely shift between all wild shape forms you have chosen for the day.

I'm not thinking so much about mechanical balance here. My question is, do you think this works better as a mechanic than per-day Wild Shape?

I want to make sure I understand: Instead of one Wild Shape per day, chosen when you use Wild Shape, you get one animal/ beast form, usable at will all day?

So a 5th level druid picks 1 animal, and gets to turn into a bear (or whatever) at will that day?

Elves
2021-02-19, 10:35 PM
Yes, simplified the wording.