PDA

View Full Version : PF 1 Elder Scrolls Conversion PEACH

Bansheexero
2021-02-10, 07:44 PM
So, this was a write up I did years ago and found recently. I figured I'd post it here to get feedback. I made the primary playable races from Elder Scrolls as well as the materials used in Skyrim. I did not include any language trait, but figured it was the least important to worry about. I sort of guessed at RP costs for certain custom racial traits, which I would also appreciate feedback on. I tried to balance as best I could, setting all races to 12 RP.

Elder Scrolls Pathfinder Race Conversion:

Altmer (High Elf)
Humanoid (Mer) (0 RP)
Attributes: -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma (1 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Speed: 30 ft. (0 RP)
Low-light Vision (1 RP)
Elven Magic (3 RP): +2 bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, they also receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
Weapon Familiarity (1 RP): Proficient with longsword and rapier.
Skills: +2 Spellcraft (2 RP), +2 Knowledge (Arcana) (2 RP), +2 Perception (2 RP)

Total: 12 RP

Argonian
Monstrous Humanoid (3 RP)
Attributes: +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma (1 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Speed: 30 ft. (0 RP), Swim: 30 ft. (+8 to swim checks) (2 RP)
Darkvision: 60 ft. (0 RP)
Amphibious (2 RP)
Hardy (3 RP): +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases.
Poison Use (1 RP)
Mist Child (1 RP): Whenever an Argonian has concealment or total concealment, the miss chance of attacks against them increase by 5%.

Bosmer (Wood Elf)
Humanoid (Mer) (0 RP)
Attributes: +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom (0 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Speed: 40 ft. (1 RP)
Low-light Vision (1 RP)
Forest Stride (1 RP): can move through natural difficult terrain at their normal speed in forested areas. Magically altered terrain affects them normally.
Bosmer Magic (2 RP): gains a +1 bonus to the DC of any saving throws against illusion spells that they cast.
Bosmer with a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the user's character level):
1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, speak with animals.
Weapon Familiarity (1 RP): Proficient with Longbow and Shortbow.
Silent Hunter (2 RP): reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this trait).
Skills: +2 Perception (2 RP), +2 Survival (2 RP)

Breton
Humanoid (Human) (0 RP)
Attributes: -2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence (0 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Lesser Spell Resistance (2 RP): 6 + Character Level
Arcane Focus (1 RP): 2 racial bonus on concentration checks made to cast arcane spells defensively.
Envoy (1 RP): Bretons with an Intelligence score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the user's character level): 1/day—comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic.
Static Bonus Feat (2 RP): Spell Penetration
Skills: +2 Spellcraft (2 RP), +2 Knowledge (the planes) (2 RP), +2 Use Magic Device (2 RP)

Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Humanoid (Mer) (0 RP)
Attributes: +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma (0 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Low-light Vision (1 RP)
Resist Fire 5 (1 RP)
Wrath of the Ancients (3 RP): Once per day, when health drops below 50%, gains an aura of fire for 1 minute or until hp drops to 0 or lower, whichever comes first. This deals 1d4 fire damage to any creature that successfully hits you with a melee attack unless it is a weapon with the reach
quality and they are more than 5 feet away. This damage is also added to any unarmed or melee damage the dunmer deals to creatures within 5 feet.
Pyromaniac (3 RP): treated as +1 level higher when casting spells with the fire descriptor, using granted powers of the Fire domain, using bloodline powers of the fire elemental bloodline, using the revelations of the oracle's flame mystery, and determining the damage of alchemist bombs that deal fire damage. This trait does not give Dunmer early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers that they could already use without this trait.
Dunmer with a Charisma score of 11 or higher, they also gain the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the user's character level):
1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame.
Skills: +2 Spellcraft (2 RP), +2 Stealth (2 RP)

Imperial
Humanoid (Human) (0 RP)
Attributes: +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma (0 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Gregarious (1 RP): When Imperials successfully use Diplomacy to win over an individual, that creature takes a –2 penalty on attempts to resist any of the member's Charisma-based skills for the next 24 hours.
Improved Tactician (2 RP): When flanking, Imperials gain an additional +1 to attack rolls and a +1 to damage rolls.
Lesser Lucky (2 RP): +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
Skills: +2 Bluff (2 RP), +2 Diplomacy (2 RP), +2 Knowledge (Nobility) (2 RP)

Khajiit
Monstrous Humanoid (3 RP)
Attributes: +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma (0 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Low-light Vision (1 RP)
Darkvision: 120 ft. (3 RP)
Claws (2 primary natural attacks, 1d4 + Strength modifier damage) (2 RP)
Cat's Luck (1 RP): gain the following extraordinary ability: Once per day, when a Khajiit makes a Reflex saving throw, it can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. It must decide to use this ability before attempting the saving throw.
Skills: +2 Acrobatics (2 RP)

Nord
Humanoid (Human) (0 RP)
Attributes: +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom (0 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Cold Resist 5 (1 RP)
Mountain-Born (1 RP): +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to cross narrow ledges and on saving throws against altitude fatigue and sickness.
Battle-Hardened (4 RP): gain a +1 bonus to CMD.
Static Bonus Feat (2 RP): Endurance
Skills: +2 Climb (2 RP), +2 Knowledge (History) (2 RP)

Orsimer (Orc)
Humanoid (Mer) (0 RP)
Attributes: +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma (0 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Low-light Vision (1 RP)
Craftsman (1 RP): +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks to create objects from metal or stone.
Blessing of Malacath (3 RP): When wielding a masterwork or magical weapon, gains an additional +1 to damage rolls. When wearing masterwork or magical armor, reduces Armor Check Penalty by an additional 1.
Orc Ferocity (2 RP): Once per day, when reduced to fewer than 0 hit points but is not killed, can fight on for 1 more round as if disabled. At the end of its next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, it immediately falls unconscious and begins to die.
Orc Frenzy (3 RP): Once per day, whenever an orc takes damage, it flies into a frenzy for 1 minute, gaining a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Strength, but a –2 penalty to AC. If an orc gains levels in a class that offers the rage class feature, they lose this trait and instead gain Extra
Rage as a bonus feat.
Skills: +2 Intimidate (2 RP)

Redguard
Humanoid (Human) (0 RP)
Attributes: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma (0 RP)
Medium Size (0 RP)
Desert Runner (2 RP): +4 racial bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue and exhaustion, as well as any other ill effects from running, forced marches, starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments.
Resistant (2 RP): +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects and poison.
Fleet Footed (3 RP): receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks.
Weapon Familiarity (1 RP): proficient with Scimitar and Shortbow.
Skills: +2 Ride (2 RP), +2 Survival (2 RP)

As for material conversions, these were generated ad hoc, as I was unsure what to base pricing on.

Materials:

Dwarven Metal: Solid material that is a bit bulky, but stronger than standard steel.
Hardness 12, HP/Inch 25 - Equipment is always masterwork. Same weight as steel.
Armor - Adds 1 to AC, but worsens Armor Check Penalty by 2 (meaning the armor has a net
Armor Check Penalty increase of 1 over non-masterwork armor).
Weapons - +2 to CMB on Sunder attempts and CMD to resist being sundered.
Cost: Light - 500 gp, Medium - 2000 gp, Heavy - 6000 gp, Weapons - 1000 gp

Moonstone - Mixed with quicksilver ore, this is primarily used to create lightweight armor for lves.
Hardness 15, HP/Inch 30 - Equipment is always masterwork. Weighs 50% less than steel.
Armor: counts as one category lower (minimum light) for everything except proficiency
requirements, adds +2 to Maximum Dexterity Bonus, Armor Check Penalty is reduced by 2
(making the total Armor Check Penalty reduction 3), and decreasing spell failure chance by 10%.
Weapons: Wielder can use the weapon finesse feat on all one-handed slashing weapons made
from moonstone.
Cost: Light - 1000 gp, Medium - 4000 gp, Heavy - 9000 gp, Weapons - 2000 gp

Orichalcum - Designed for offense rather than defense, this material is hard to work, and often results in off-weighted equipment with more aggressive designs.
Hardness 17, HP/Inch 35 - Equipment is always masterwork. Orichalcum increases DC to forge weapons and armor by 5 unless the smith is an Orsimer. Weighs 10% more than steel.
Armor: Increase Armor Check Penalty by 2 (meaning the armor has a net Armor Check Penalty increase of 1 over non-masterwork armor), and grants a +1 bonus to attack rolls.
Weapons: Gain +2 to damage, this stacks with any enhancement bonus.
Cost: Light - 3000 gp, Medium - 9000 gp, Heavy - 12000 gp, Weapons - 5000 gp

Malachite - Used to forge glass armor and weapons. Distorts light and magic. Does not count as metal.
Hardness 10, HP/Inch 20 - Equipment is always masterwork. Malachite adds 5 to the DC to forge
weapons and armor.
Armor: Adds an equipment bonus to saves vs. spells and spell-like abilities based on type. Light adds +1, Medium adds +2, and Heavy adds +3.
Weapons: Treats the deflection bonus a target has as 1 lower (to a minimum of 0).
Cost: Light - 3000 gp, Medium - 9000 gp, Heavy - 12000 gp, Weapons - 5000 gp

Ebony - Forged from ore from the Red Mountain, this material is extremely durable.
Hardness 20, HP/Inch 40 - Equipment is always masterwork. Ebony adds 10 to the DC to forge weapons and armor and weighs 25% less than steel.
Armor: Light armor grants DR 1/-, Medium armor grants DR 2/-, Heavy Armor grants DR 3/-.
Weapons: Ignore hardness less than 20.
Cost: Light - 5000 gp, Medium - 10000 gp, Heavy - 15000 gp, Weapons - 6000 gp

Dragonscale/Dragonbone - Made from the bodies of dragons, this offers elemental protection and damage. Does not count as metal.
Hardness 18, HP/Inch 35 - Equipment is always masterwork. Dragonscale/Dragonbone adds 10 to the DC to craft weapons and armor.
Armor: Adds relevant element resistance 5, based on type of dragon, which stacks with magical enhancements.
Weapons: Increases damage dice from relevant elemental damage enhancement (Corrosive, Flaming. Frost, Shock, Corrosive Burst, Flaming Burst, Frozen Burst, or Shocking Burst) by 1 step.
Cost: Light - 8000 gp, Medium - 15000 gp, Heavy - 20000 gp, Weapons - 10000 gp

Daedric Metal - Forged from Oblivion itself, this material warps reality around it. Daedric Metal adds 10 to the DC to craft weapons and armor.
Hardness 18, Hp/Inch 35 - Equipment is always masterwork.
Armor: Enemies that are not immune to fear take a -1 penalty on attack rolls against you.
Weapons: Ignores armor bonuses of non-magical armor except for those provided by Daedric, Ebony, or Draconic equipment. Also ignores natural armor bonuses of creatures that lack damage reduction.
Cost: Light - 10000 gp, Medium - 20000 gp, Heavy - 25000 gp, Weapons - 15000 gp

Breccia
2021-02-11, 08:49 AM
It almost feels like you want to make some kind of "hardness rating" for materials, based on that Daedric and that Dwarven variant. I mean, is there something special about Dwarven metal resisting Sunder attempts from wood and iron weapons, that mithril wouldn't also enjoy? Is there a reason Daedric weapons ignore Dwarven armor bonuses, but adamantium weapons still have to hack through leather?

The idea of using Wolverine claw weapons that tear right through armor is something I've toyed with before, and I'm not sure "ignores it entirely" is the way to go. One, the game balance issues when the +AC of full plate mail is ignored will make these weapons FAR more valuable than the others in a lot of contexts. For two, it feels strange that a Daedric dagger will rip through leather armor, but not a "leather" deer.

Could I persuade you instead to consider Daedric, or other superhard materials, ignore an amount of armor/natural armor -- possibly a fixed amount, possibly an amount that changes with the size of the weapon?

And finally you left off one true Skyrim issue: weight. The higher-tier materials are heavy. In Skyrim, Leather armor weighs 12 pounds, which is basically in line with its D&D variant. Daedric weighs 81, far more than standard full plate. That power comes at a price. The weapons are also notoriously heavy. Daedric weapons/armor are between +50% and +100% the weight of their steel colleagues.

It looks like you have the start of a good system here. D&D could use more materials and material effects.

Bansheexero
2021-02-11, 10:25 AM
It almost feels like you want to make some kind of "hardness rating" for materials, based on that Daedric and that Dwarven variant. I mean, is there something special about Dwarven metal resisting Sunder attempts from wood and iron weapons, that mithril wouldn't also enjoy? Is there a reason Daedric weapons ignore Dwarven armor bonuses, but adamantium weapons still have to hack through leather?

The idea of using Wolverine claw weapons that tear right through armor is something I've toyed with before, and I'm not sure "ignores it entirely" is the way to go. One, the game balance issues when the +AC of full plate mail is ignored will make these weapons FAR more valuable than the others in a lot of contexts. For two, it feels strange that a Daedric dagger will rip through leather armor, but not a "leather" deer.

Could I persuade you instead to consider Daedric, or other superhard materials, ignore an amount of armor/natural armor -- possibly a fixed amount, possibly an amount that changes with the size of the weapon?

And finally you left off one true Skyrim issue: weight. The higher-tier materials are heavy. In Skyrim, Leather armor weighs 12 pounds, which is basically in line with its D&D variant. Daedric weighs 81, far more than standard full plate. That power comes at a price. The weapons are also notoriously heavy. Daedric weapons/armor are between +50% and +100% the weight of their steel colleagues.

It looks like you have the start of a good system here. D&D could use more materials and material effects.

I get what you are saying about the ignoring armor entirely, though it did list it ignored natural Armor against anything lacking DR. I will consider limiting the AC bypass by a set numerical amount. Still, by the time you can afford a Daedric Dagger, having basic +1 armor is relatively commonplace as are creatures with DR, it is meant to take out the mundanes that remain. As for weight, I felt this was mostly an aspect used in Elder Scrolls games as a means of controlling loot and presenting something of an arbitrary difficulty aspect, but making some of it a bit heavier is not unreasonable.

As for some of the other materials, like Dwarven Metal's traits, I wanted to present something that gives unique bonuses for each material that makes it viable when compared to other materials still. Dwarven Metal seems uniquely resistant to wear and tear, given how long the Dwemer Ruins have been around unattended.

Resileaf
2021-02-11, 04:04 PM
As for some of the other materials, like Dwarven Metal's traits, I wanted to present something that gives unique bonuses for each material that makes it viable when compared to other materials still. Dwarven Metal seems uniquely resistant to wear and tear, given how long the Dwemer Ruins have been around unattended.

It's worth noting that Dwarven metal is like that because it was enchanted to do so. The fact of the matter is, the Dwemer were reality warpers, and their type of magic extends to their creations. As such, their creations made of metal are immune to the ravages of time unless their enchantment is broken somehow.

It also means that Dwarven equipment is impossible to forge, at least not with the same enchantments the Dwemer used. Nobody has the knowledge or the means to do so in the way they did.