PDA

View Full Version : PC races with human sight

Particle_Man
2021-02-12, 04:10 AM
Besides humans and some halfling races, what are the playable races that have no darkvision, no lowlight vision, no tremorsense, no blindsense, no blindsight, no scent, etc., in short no sensory abilities that standard humans do not have?

H_H_F_F
2021-02-12, 05:31 AM
I can't give you a full list, but off the top of my head, Azurin (though those are human), Rilkan, Skarn. I don't believe any of them have sensory capablities beyond human.

Khedrac
2021-02-12, 08:57 AM
from a quick look at my list of common humanoids (far from complete):
Asherati
Aventi
Azurin
Bhuka
Dark One, Dark Creeper
Dark One, Dark Stalker
Hadozee
Illumian
Lizardfolk
Lizardfolk, Viletooth
Locathah
Mongrelfolk
Neanderthal
Orc
Orc, Frostblood
Rilkan
Selkie
Skarn
Skulk
Slyth
Vanara

Edit: treat this list with caution - orc have darkvision so why was it listed without?

ShurikVch
2021-02-12, 09:04 AM
Changeling and Maenad

liquidformat
2021-02-12, 09:48 AM
So Elans are aberrations but have human like sight with no DV or LLV, also Kalashtar, Inspired, and Warforged also don't have LLV or DV.

ShurikVch
2021-02-12, 10:16 AM
and Warforged also don't have LLV or DV.
Warforged don't get it by the Living Construct subtype
There are other playable Living Constructs - such as Exiled Modron (Dragon #354), Soulfused Construct template (Magic of Incarnum), or Dust-Stuffed template (Explorer's Handbook)

smasher0404
2021-02-12, 10:59 AM
from a quick look at my list of common humanoids (far from complete):
Asherati
Aventi
Azurin
Bhuka
Dark One, Dark Creeper
Dark One, Dark Stalker
Hadozee
Illumian
Lizardfolk
Lizardfolk, Viletooth
Locathah
Mongrelfolk
Neanderthal
Orc
Orc, Frostblood
Rilkan
Selkie
Skarn
Skulk
Slyth
Vanara

Edit: treat this list with caution - orc have darkvision so why was it listed without?

Another mistake on the list, Mongrelfolk, according to Races of Destiny unless there is another source for them?, get Low-Light Vision as part of their racial traits.

To be more helpful on my end: Dragonborn (Races of the Dragon) loses most racial traits including Low-Light Vision and Darkvision. They do not get either quality, unless the Dragonborn opts to take the Mind aspect over the Heart (Breath Weapon) or Wings (Flight) aspect. Hellbred (Fiendish Codex II) have a similar option of opting out of Darkvision for different racial traits (Body Aspect over Spirit Aspect).

Khedrac
2021-02-12, 11:10 AM
Another mistake on the list, Mongrelfolk, according to Races of Destiny unless there is another source for them?, get Low-Light Vision as part of their racial traits.

I actually went through the list correcting most of it (there's a lot wrong there) and then lost the edit - and as I am at work I couldn't justify the time to repeat. Basically the list is junk.

ShurikVch
2021-02-12, 11:30 AM
Lesser Planetouched

Golmoid (Dragon #317)

So Elans are aberrations but have human like sight with no DV or LLV
If it's possible, then Goliath too: "Goliath Traits" don't include neither DV nor LLV