PDA

View Full Version : Settings in Anarchy

Sparky McDibben
2021-02-13, 01:53 AM
Hey all,

Does anyone have any good supplements for a setting where everything is just a complete mess? The touchstone I'm using is the anarchic period right before Arthur gets crowned. I think it would be cool to run a game set in a time where things have gone so far downhill that just having a horse is considered an accomplishment.

I'm also looking for tools to run a bunch of small factions (all the other petty lords) warring with each other. Does anyone have any systems or supplements to help with that?

Unoriginal
2021-02-13, 06:27 AM
Hey all,

Does anyone have any good supplements for a setting where everything is just a complete mess? The touchstone I'm using is the anarchic period right before Arthur gets crowned. I think it would be cool to run a game set in a time where things have gone so far downhill that just having a horse is considered an accomplishment.

I'm also looking for tools to run a bunch of small factions (all the other petty lords) warring with each other. Does anyone have any systems or supplements to help with that?

There's a big difference between anarchy, chaos, and a warring state period.

I think the A Song of Ice and Fire RPG has something for warring factions, but I've never read it myself (just talked with people who did).

Also just to say, but having a horse is an accomplishment. At least a war-trained one. Keeping their fighting horse fed was a *huge* financial drain for knights thorough history.

Sparky McDibben
2021-02-13, 11:48 AM
Thank you for the feedback! And I agree with you on the horse point, but I feel the horses upkeep is not well reflected in 5e's very simplified design. I would like a system that makes having a horse feel like an accomplishment, rather than bookkeeping.