PDA

View Full Version : 3.P - List of Unique Immunities?

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-02-13, 09:22 PM
Is there a list of unique monster immunities posted anywhere? Not stuff like fire/cold immunity, but stuff a bit more esoteric, like, I dunno, immunity to the spellplague, or immunity to having another creature take your form.

A number of searches haven't turned up anything, but maybe my Google-fu is taking a circumstance penalty or something.

The source books involved (and page numbers, for preference) are definitely preferred.

JNAProductions
2021-02-14, 11:38 AM
I believe Sharn are the creatures that can't have people duplicate their form.

From something Faerun related.

Can't be any more specific, as I don't own the book, I've just looked it up before.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-02-14, 11:51 AM
I believe Sharn are the creatures that can't have people duplicate their form.

From something Faerun related.

Can't be any more specific, as I don't own the book, I've just looked it up before....Hmm...

Monsters of Faerun, page 76.

Thanks.

hamishspence
2021-02-14, 11:56 AM
Sharn 3.0 - Monsters of Faerun (p76-77). Sharn 3.5: Anauroch: The Empire of Shade (p154-155)

My picks:

Epic Handbook p183: The Force immunity of the Force dragon
Epic Handbook p185: The Light immunity of the Prismatic dragon

Thurbane
2021-02-15, 12:01 AM
Lumi from MM3 has a few, some unique, some not so unique: death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects; not subject to exploding on the Positive energy plain; can't be blinded or dazzled; immune to color spray, rainbow pattern, searing light, sunbeam, sunburst and other spells that use light as an attack; also immune to vorpal weapons, cannot be strangled, and are immune to suffocation.

That's quite the laundry list!

Biggus
2021-02-15, 03:21 AM
A few more from the ELH:

Prismasaurus - gases

Umbral Blot - disintegration spells "and variants thereof"

Also, Demiliches and epic constructs still officially have 3.0 style magic immunity, although that's arguably just an update failure

Helluin
2021-02-15, 08:45 AM
Infernal (ELH) has an acquired spell immunity: becoming immune to a spell from a specific spellcaster once an Infernal has been targeted by the said spellcaster.

Irii (PF; Planar Adventure) can act normally in a time stop, if it was cast within 60ft.

Lorthact (an infernal duke from PF) can similarly benefit from other’s time stop, and is also immune to/can nullify divinations that predict the future (eg Foresight, Moment of Prescience, etc)

Beyond Morality is a PF Mythic ability that allows you to be immune to Alignment-based effect (or rather, always be counted as the most favorable alignment when you interact with such effects)

Kurald Galain
2021-02-15, 09:08 AM
Minotaurs are traditionally immune to the Maze spell, which makes sense given the source material. Oddly, will-o-the-wisps are immune to all magic except the Maze spell.

Any shapeshifter is practically immune to Polymorph effects, in that they can just switch back next turn regardless. Proteans are literally immune.

Lava Children, Stone Maidens, and Crystallis are immune to spells with the [earth] descriptor. Soul Nibblers are immune to spells from the necromancy school.

The Inubrix Golem is immune to iron, in that it treats iron weapons and iron armor as if it was incorporeal.

The Oblivion Ooze is immune to disintegration and plane shift (and any similar effects).

Kytons are immune to kyton gaze. Which makes sense, but it's actually pretty rare that a creature is explicitly immune to the signature attack of its own kind (except if this is elemental-based).

Euryales are immune to poison immunity (that is, their poison affects even creatures immune to poison).

Zaq
2021-02-15, 11:13 AM
It's a class rather than a monster, but oozemaster (Masters of the Wild) gets immunity to the effects of certain types of oozes. Which is sufficiently poorly worded that my winning Iron Chef entry involved polymorphing into that kind of ooze and then being immune to my own spells, but hey, no one ever held up 3.0 writing as a model of precision.

Crichton
2021-02-15, 11:24 AM
Great Wyrm Time Dragons (Dragon #359) are "immune to any spell or effect with a duration greater than instantaneous cast on it by another creature, as well as effects that can affect it over time or that require the passage of time (such as dehydration, disease, poison, and starvation)" They're also immune to slow effects