PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying How might a Twilight Cleric serve Sehanine in Exandria

DarkMoon250
2021-02-14, 10:19 PM
I'm playing a Mark of Shadows Elf [with revised lore of course] Twilight Domain Cleric in service to Sehanine the Moon Weaver in a homebrew campaign set in Marquet.

Sehanine, from what's been shown in the CR series and written about in the sourcebook, is the divine ruler of illusion, autumn, the Moon, and shadow/night, and on a more anthropocentric scale, she's the patron of romance and love, and misdirection in it's most benevolent forms.

The Twilight Domain is kind of short and simple in what the deity's of the domain typically expect of their Clerics, with the description in Tasha's basically boiling down to 'make people not afraid of the dark' and 'let folks rest peacefully.' It's all about protection in the shadows, which feels both connected to Sehanine's interests, while also not squaring up all the way. What are your ideas for what this type of Cleric's ideals and goals might be under the guide of the Moon Weaver?

Chronic
2021-02-14, 10:41 PM
For my part I really don't see an issue with the thematics developed for this domain and the ones of the deity you choose, but I talked with other people on another thread a few week back and they had a completely different take on the concept (which also made sense, it's by no mean a critique). They saw it as some kind of monster hunter, a bit edgy, tracking evil on his terrain.

On the other hand I have a more romantic vision of the night.
I see it as moment of peace and tranquility, useful for someone to think, because it his easy to feel like the moment is ours and ours only, encouraging you to reach for what's around you because of the quietude, instead of cutting yourself of what's around you like it can happen during daytime, where your senses can be overwhelmed by the activity, the movements and the noises.
If you extend your senses in the middle of the night, you would be surprised at the amount of quiet things happening, nocturnal animals, the creaking of your house, the muffled sound of a quiet and private conversation...
It is also a time of privacy, where lovers can delight in each other presence while feeling there is nothing else but them, be it during a walk under the moonlight or making love in the comfort of their bedchamber.

Being a Twilight cleric is loving the beauty and delicacy of the night, while protecting the world from the evil that sometime lie in the dark.

You can also attach this domain to the thematic of change, trickery, cycle and fertility quite easily.

I hope I provided you some help.

DarkMoon250
2021-02-14, 10:53 PM
For my part I really don't see an issue with the thematics developed for this domain and the ones of the deity you choose, but I talked with other people on another thread a few week back and they had a completely different take on the concept (which also made sense, it's by no mean a critique). They saw it as some kind of monster hunter, a bit edgy, tracking evil on his terrain.

On the other hand I have a more romantic vision of the night.
I see it as moment of peace and tranquility, useful for someone to think, because it his easy to feel like the moment is ours and ours only, encouraging you to reach for what's around you because of the quietude, instead of cutting yourself of what's around you like it can happen during daytime, where your senses can be overwhelmed by the activity, the movements and the noises.
If you extend your senses in the middle of the night, you would be surprised at the amount of quiet things happening, nocturnal animals, the creaking of your house, the muffled sound of a quiet and private conversation...
It is also a time of privacy, where lovers can delight in each other presence while feeling there is nothing else but them, be it during a walk under the moonlight or making love in the comfort of their bedchamber.

Being a Twilight cleric is loving the beauty and delicacy of the night, while protecting the world from the evil that sometime lie in the dark.

You can also attach this domain to the thematic of change, trickery, cycle and fertility quite easily.

I hope I provided you some help.

This is exactly what I needed. You shared the exact understanding of the night that I have, which was the reason I picked this domain in the first place.

Thanks for helping to straighten my thoughts out in your own words.