PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Master of Dawn and Dusk, simple duskblade theurge

Elves
2021-02-15, 03:27 PM
-

Master of Dawn and Dusk
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Character level: 5th
Spellcasting: 1st-level spellcasting from two classes.
Special: Arcane channeling class feature.

-
Table: the Master of Dawn and Dusk------Hit Die: d6
-

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Spellcasting

1st
+1
+0
+0
+2
Duskblade features, crepuscular familiar, the turn of day

2nd
+2
+0
+0
+3

+1 duskblade/+1 other

3rd
+3
+1
+1
+3

+1 duskblade/+1 other

4th
+4
+1
+1
+4

+1 duskblade/+1 other

5th
+5
+1
+1
+4

+1 duskblade/+1 other

6th
+6
+2
+2
+5

+1 duskblade/+1 other

7th
+7
+1
+2
+5

+1 duskblade/+1 other

8th
+8
+2
+2
+6

+1 duskblade/+1 other

9th
+9
+3
+3
+6

+1 duskblade/+1 other

10th
+10
+3
+3
+7

+1 duskblade/+1 other

Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): As duskblade.

CLASS FEATURES

Spellcasting: At each level except 1st, your spellcasting advances as if you had gained a duskblade level and a level in any other spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. If it was a class in which you used to prepare your spells at dawn, you now prepare them at dusk.

Duskblade Features: Your class levels stack with your duskblade levels for the purpose of progressing your armored mage and arcane channeling class features. The benefit of your armored mage ability also applies to spells cast by any class whose spellcasting you advance with master of dawn and dusk levels.

Crepuscular Familiar: Your class levels advance the progression of your familiar, if you have one. In addition, if your familiar has the deliver touch spell ability, it gains the benefit of your arcane channeling class feature. Finally, your familiar gains low-light vision if it doesn't already possess it and receives concealment while in areas of low light. If it already had low-light vision, it gains a +4 bonus on Hide checks while in areas of low light.

The Turn of Day: If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead or other creatures as a class feature, each class level at which you advance the spellcasting of the class that grants that ability stacks with that class for the purpose of your turning attempts. When you successfully affect a creature you would be able to turn or rebuke with a touch spell delivered with your arcane channeling class feature, you can make a turn or rebuke attempt as a free action, but the attempt only affects that creature.

-----

Notes: It's designed to get 16 BAB, 8ths and 5ths at 20th and gets arcane channeling full attack at 10th. 8ths mean great channeling options like irresistible dance and temporal stasis.

Zaile
2021-02-15, 03:54 PM
I like it. The full channeling defiantly justifies the loss of a CL. Full channeling Harm or Level/ability drain (shivering touch!) is broken any way you slice it.

I would say maybe make it advance more than just familiar in case you get in with cleric/druid/other. I would expand it to say something like "advances one feature from your other spellcasting class such as familiar, turn/rebuke, sorcerer draconic or bloodline feats, wild shape, animal companion, etc."

Elves
2021-02-15, 04:07 PM
I would say maybe make it advance more than just familiar in case you get in with cleric/druid/other. I would expand it to say something like "advances one feature from your other spellcasting class such as familiar, turn/rebuke, sorcerer draconic or bloodline feats, wild shape, animal companion, etc."
Added new turning ability. No AC/WS is intentional because druids already have arcane hierophant.