PDA

View Full Version : Contest D&D 5e Subclass Contest XXI: I Read this in a Book Once II

MoleMage
2021-02-15, 03:30 PM
It's time for our next subclass contest! Subclass Contest XXI: I Read this in a Book Once.

The class must fit the theme of the contest. For our twenty-first contest, we are revisiting an old theme: Other Media. It doesn't have to be books; movies, music, TV shows, comics, video games, tall tales, mythological figures, even tabletop games that aren't 5e D&D are all on the table. Last time our winner was a Pinball Wizard. Who is going to take the cake this time?
Your class must be posted in this thread. If you wish, you can use external formatting, such as Google Docs or Homebrewery, though I recommend sharing it as a PDF to ensure that it works on most computers.
You may only create one subclass, which must follow the normal progression for the class it belongs to. Please specify what class it is for. You can use any base class published in official material (including the Unearthed Arcana posts), or any existing homebrew class (don't make a whole base class just for your submission). If you are going to use a homebrew base class, make sure you get permission from its original creator and post a link so we know where to find it! Failure to get permission will be grounds for disqualification.
Until the contest is finished, do not publicly post your subclass anywhere else, other than the discussion thread for these contests. If you are found to have done so, that subclass will be disqualified (though you will be allowed to post a new one if you wish, within reason). Privately sharing your work is acceptable.
Your subclass must be complete by the end of the day on March 14th. The next day, I will put up a voting thread. Any submissions or edits after that point will be considered invalid. A two-week extension will be implemented if at least three requests are made in the chat thread.
A single extension of two weeks is available if at least three people request it in the chat thread.
Have fun, be respectful.

Chat thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?622798-D-amp-D-Subclass-Contest-Chat-Thread-2-Joke-Entries-Win-with-Alarming-Frequency
Voting thread: To be created March 15th

Damon_Tor
2021-02-15, 05:14 PM
Barbarian: Path of the Titan

Some barbarians have no interest in totems, gods or primal forces: they just want to swing a massive weapon around their heads and leave their foes a pile of bloody stumps. These barbarians often find themselves drawn to the Path of the Titan, pushing the limits of their strength to wield weapons that others would struggle to even lift.

Races naturally larger than other humanoids, such as goliaths, minotaurs and bugbears, are the most common practitioners of this path. The loxodons of Ravnica are known for their giant warhammers, while in the world of Eberron, specially manufactured warforged called Juggernauts are built to wield massive weapons. Meanwhile, the mul of the Dark Sun setting sport a combination of human height and dwarven proportions which make them uniquely suited for weapons of uncommon weight and size. Some others who choose this fighting style are uncommonly large for their species, humans or orcs who tower over their own kin. However, some who adopt this tradition are of a standard size, and some may even be rather small: they simply possess a singular will and a desire to break through the physical barriers of their mortal frame.

The visual impact of a person wielding a tremendous weapon is a common element of manga and anime, present in popular series such as One Piece, Bleach, and many others, and in Japanese video games, like Cloud's famous use of a giant sword in the Final Fantasy series. But while this is most common as a trope in Japanese fiction, Western comic books and video games make use of it as well, including the God of War series, or Harley Quinn's predilection for absurdly large mallets.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/51158316-fd7e-48ca-b5fe-8542e9dfe357/dbcd3v8-d7310c10-32d8-4cab-821f-e22e7fa7c2d8.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJ IUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjph cHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTExNTgzMTYtZm Q3ZS00OGNhLWI1ZmUtODU0MmU5ZGZlMzU3XC9kYmNkM3Y4LWQ3 MzEwYzEwLTMyZDgtNGNhYi04MjFmLWUyMmU3ZmE3YzJkOC5wbm cifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9h ZCJdfQ.vDx5J9gY3hF96jytKmIMuDjZ6UwNzliEa302ZRKRWqg
https://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/413/412539/inuyasha15-01.jpg
https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/013/949/841/large/mahmoud-kadry-ichigosavesrukia.jpg?1541786267
https://i0.wp.com/recommendmeanime.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Ikkaku_Bankai_Movie2.jpg?resize=768%2C413&ssl=1
https://i.imgur.com/EPnnpol.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/47/d3/e547d38f11213d2bfed332a106f187da.jpg

In many cases, the individuals who use such weapons wear little or no armor, and do not use their massive super-weapon exclusively, pulling it out (or conjuring it) when the situation is dire. This makes the trope a perfect fit for barbarians, who can wear up to medium armor, but are just as likely to go bare chested, and whose class is organized around the use of an "ultra mode" mechanic. Sometimes, these characters will use a normal-sized weapon most of the time, but when the fight escalates the weapon grows into a larger secondary form. To make this possible, we've included a magic weapon at the end of this entry which has this functionality.

Titan's Grip
Pushing past the strain on your body, you can use your anger to wield weapons of staggering size: starting at third level, you can wield melee weapons made for large creatures (hereafter simply called "large weapons") while raging. When you attack a creature with a large weapon you take a penalty to the attack roll equal to 5 minus your constitution modifier (minimum 0).

When you enter your rage you can draw one or two weapons as a part of that action. Or, if you have the ability to summon, conjure, or otherwise produce a weapon as an action or a bonus action (such as the Eldritch Knight's Weapon Bond or the Warlock's Pact of the Blade) you can use that ability once or twice as a part of the same action you use to enter your rage.

Characters can usually find large weapons in the possession of large enemies, such as ogres and trolls, and the properties of such weapons can be deduced from the stat blocks of said enemies. Typically, a large version of a weapon has twice as many damage dice and weighs eight times as much. For example, a large Greataxe deals 2d12 damage and weighs 56 pounds. You might also commission such a weapon or craft one yourself: an oversized weapon costs eight times as much as a normal weapon of the same type.

Alternatively, a normal sized weapon with a 1d12 or 2d6 damage dice can be treated as an oversized version of a weapon which normally has a 1d6 damage die, as long as the weapons are reasonably similar in nature (at the DM's discretion). So a normal sized greataxe could be treated as an oversized hand-axe during your rage, and a normal sized greatsword could be treated as oversized shortsword. This would allow you to dual-wield such weapons, or in the case of the greataxes, throw them.

Destroyer
Starting at level six, you can attack unattended objects with a large weapon whether you are raging or not. While using a large weapon, double your proficiency bonus to attack rolls against objects. If you hit an object with a large weapon, your attack does maximum damage.

(The rules for attacking and destroying objects can be found in the Dungeon Master's Guide on pages 246-247)

Clash
Massive weapons meet with thunderous sound. Starting at 10th level, whenever a creature hits you with a melee weapon attack while you are raging, you can use your reaction to strike their weapon with your own and test your strength against theirs. Make a strength (athletics) check and reduce the damage you take from the attack by the result. If the damage you take is reduced to zero, you can make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature as a part of the same action.

Titanic Mastery
At fourteenth level, choose one of the following options. Whenever you complete a long rest, you can exchange the option you've selected for another by taking a few hours during that long rest handling and practicing with one or more large weapons.

Twin Titans
You use the balanced momentum of two oversized weapons to become a dervish of death. When you use two-weapon fighting while wielding two large weapons, you can make two attacks with your offhand weapon instead of one.

Titan Sweep
The tremendous weight of your weapon carries it through multiple targets in a single swing. Once on each of your turns, when you would make a melee weapon attack with a large weapon, you can instead make one melee attack with that weapon against each creature and unattended object within the weapon's reach excluding yourself. Make a separate attack roll for each target.

Titan's Reach
You've mastered the increased length of an oversized polearm. While using a large weapon with reach, increase that weapon's reach by 5 feet. When you hit a creature with an opportunity attack using a large weapon, that creature must succeed on a strength save or fall prone. The DC of this save is equal to 8 plus your strength modifier plus your proficiency bonus.

Titanic Toss
A massive axe, spear or hammer, when thrown by your skilled hand, carries the power to tear through several foes and smash through obstacles. Once on each of your turns, when you would make a ranged attack with a large melee weapon with the thrown property, you can instead make a ranged attack with that weapon against each creature and unattended object in a 5 foot line with a length equal to the weapon's long range. Make a separate attack roll for each target in sequence from closest to furthest, ignoring cover from creatures and objects reduced to 0 hitpoints by the attack.

Weapon of the Titan (Any Melee Weapon, Rare)
This weapon magically resizes itself to be the largest possible size which can be wielded by its user. It weighs 8 times as much, and deals extra damage dice equal to the weapon's normal damage dice, for every size category over medium. This change in size is immediate: if the user's ability to wield weapons of a certain size changes, so does the size of the weapon. This axe cannot be effected by other properties which would change its size, such as the spell enlarge/reduce.

This seems like a lot of extra damage: is this balanced?
When you account for the accuracy penalty, I think so: compare it to the bonus damage dealt by a Zealot. By level 5 the barbarian has two attacks per round, so a titan's bonus damage is +13 on an average turn compared to the zealot's +5.5, but the titan has an attack penalty of around -3. The titan's attack penalty will start to vanish around 12th level when most barbarians will be able to start investing in constitution, but by then the zealot's bonus damage will have caught up significantly: +9.5 bonus damage for the zealot versus the titan's +13, with what is at that point likely a -2 penalty to attacks. When the titan's attack penalty vanishes entirely by level 19, the zealot's damage bonus is basically caught up: +12.5 compared to the titan's +13. 5e provides us with a solid balance point for trading accuracy for damage: Great Weapon Master and Sharpshooter each offer a penalty to hit in exchange for twice as much damage added to the attack, reasonably close to the ratio we've got here when comparing these two subclasses.

Why is the penalty to hit constitution based? Wouldn't having higher strength be all that's required to swing a large weapon correctly?
There are a few reasons for this.
The subclass already assumes that, at least while raging, the strength of the barbarian is adequate to wield the weapon, so a strength-based penalty wouldn't make sense.
Wielding a weapon like this also takes a tremendous amount of physical endurance, and that is the domain of constitution. Rather than imposing exhaustion (yuck!) I opted for this approach.
Making this a con-based penalty instead of a str-based penalty was also a balance decision. Barbarians typically can get con 20 at level 16 or 19, which causes the penalty to fade entirely at a point where the zealot's bonus damage has largely caught up to what the titan's larger weapons offer them. If it was based on strength, the titan's penalty would fade sooner, decreasing the balance between the two classes.

If I treat a greatsword as an oversized shortsword, does it still have the heavy property?
No. If a weapon is treated as another weapon type, it loses its own properties and gains all the properties of the other weapon type. So a greatsword being treated as an oversized short sword loses the heavy and two-handed properties and gains the finesse and light properties.

Can I wield "oversized" improvised weapons while raging?
Sure! Why swing a chair when you can swing a table?

Can I can I cast a spell, such as Stone Shape, to create a large weapon as a part of entering my rage?
Yes, the ability is deliberately open-ended as to the methods by which you might create a weapon and can include spellcasting. The two effects occur simultaneously, so you decide which takes effect first, which allows you to cast a spell to produce a weapon before your rage imposes prohibition on spellcasting. As another example, you could even use Shape Water to form water into a giant axe, then use it again to freeze that weapon solid, as you are allowed up to two uses of any weapon producing ability. However, this ability doesn't remove your rage's restriction on concentrating on a spell, so a spell like Shadow Blade which requires your concentration wouldn't be an ineffective use of this ability. It also only allows abilities which can be used as an action or bonus action, so spells which take longer to cast, like Fabricate and Creation, are not usable.

How does a weapon with double damage dice interact with Brutal Critical?
Brutal Critical adds 1 (or 2 or 3 at later levels) die of extra damage onto a critical hit, regardless of how many dice of damage the weapon does normally. This is one reason barbarians favor greataxes over greatswords: the greatsword only gets +1d6 from Brutal Critical, while a Greataxe gets +1d12. For this reason, Brutal Critical is no better for a titan than any other barbarian: it will add +1d12 to a crit with a regular sized greataxe and +1d12 to a crit with an oversized greataxe.

Can I use a normal sized 1d8 weapon as an oversized version of a 1d4 (2d4) weapon?
I would allow it at my table, but I didn't feel the need to take up space in the main entry to discus it, as I wouldn't expect it to be a very popular tactic. You could treat a longsword as an "oversized dagger" or a warhammer as an "oversized club" if you really want to... but why would you?

Can a lance (a 1d12 weapon) be treated as an oversized spear (normally a 1d6 weapon, so 2d6 when large)?
I left the DM room to rule whether or not two weapons are similar enough to each other to count for the purposes of this substitution. I would allow it at my table, but your DM might rule that a lance's shape makes it too different from a spear to be used in the same way.

Isn't Titan Sweep just the Hunter's Whirlwind Attack?
No, it's quite a bit better, but it comes at a later level, so I think that's all right. Whirlwind attack requires your whole action to perform, so you're sacrificing two attacks against a single target to make one attack on many targets, which may or may not be worth it depending on your circumstances. Titan Sweep on the other hand replaces one attack, so you can take the attack action, turn one of your attacks into your sweep, then attack a second time normally. Titanic Toss behaves in the same way, replacing one of the attacks you would normally make with a line attack, but still allowing you a second attack.

Do I get to pick which creatures in the AoE are effected by Titan Sweep and Titanic Toss?
Nope! If an ally is next to you when you swing that thing, or standing where you're throwing it, they get attacked too. This isn't a series of quick attacks, this is a single massive swing of the weapon. Furthermore, you don't get to pick which OBJECTS are attacked either. That means if you're using this ability while standing next a loadbearing pillar...

Would I still get a strength penalty for my offhand attacks when using Twin Titans?
Yes, the normal restrictions and penalties for two-weapon fighting still apply to both the off hand attacks, which means the weapons will usually need to have the "light" property as well (as confusing as the concept of "light" oversized weapons might be). However, any feats or features you may have improving two-weapon fighting will apply to both attacks made with Twin Titans as well.

How does this subclass work for small-sized barbarians?
They gain the ability to wield large weapons, but they still have disadvantage using weapons with the "heavy" property. This means a halfling barbarian could wield a large longsword in two hands to deal 2d10 damage, but if they tried to wield a large greataxe for 2d12 damage they would still do so with disadvantage.

What's the point of the Destroyer feature?
Barbarian subclasses usually have out-of-combat utility features, and this is no exception: this allows a titan to smash through obstacles with extreme efficiency. Who needs lockpicks when you have a giant 50-pound axe to break the door down? BBEG after some magic macguffin you barely understand? Maybe just pulverize it with your engine-block-sized magic warhammer and see if its still a problem. Escaping across a bridge, orc horde in pursuit? No bridge, no problem. When choosing the Path of the Titan, you are not choosing a subtle, nuanced method of problem solving.

Will Titanic Toss allow me to ignore even total cover from an object reduced to 0 hp by the attack?
Yes! Let's say an an enemy is taking cover behind a tree large enough to obscure it entirely. You hurl your massive axe using Titanic Toss, first attacking the tree as its closer to you than the guy hiding behind it. Remember to apply Destroyer to your attack against the tree: chances are good you'll reduce it to 0 HP with the attack, which allows you to attack the guy behind the tree as the axe travels right through it.

Will the Weapon of the Titan grow to huge size if an ally turns me into a Giant Ape using polymorph?
Yes. The weapon was designed for use with the Path of the Titan, but there are other situations and team compositions where its magical property could be useful. Of course keep in mind that a Giant Ape is not proficient with weapons, so this particular use would be of marginal benefit.

BerzerkerUnit
2021-02-16, 02:15 AM
Bardic College: Library Sciences
Inspired by Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. A book I really liked with sequels I really didn't.

While a great many things can be found in the pages of books, Bards of the College of Library Sciences have found text to be a potent gateway between Planes and Worlds both far distant and paradoxically close at hand. Gathering a small personal library, constantly adding, trading, or gifting texts to others this collection becomes a font of potent magic. From the texts of their books they can call forth characters from history and fiction. These beings, given life by their authors in word will now follow the Bard, part of a greater story. Some will find new roles, growing in power and becoming heroes or villains in their own right, while others are sure to end in tragedy or ignominy. Eventually the Bard learns to draw forth the Setting from his books, creating a destructive collision of realities. Such magic wreaks havoc on the forms of creatures unlucky enough to be caught in its work.

Many Librarians will learn Summon spells of varied kinds to further populate their entourage with heroic pets, mighty steeds, or monstrous beings.

Collection of Tomes
By 3rd level you select this College option you have acquired an eclectic selection of texts. Both the magic of your College and mundane trades causes this collection to remain moderately sized despite ever expanding, and never have quite the same selection of books twice. You can use any of your books as an Arcane Focus. You can always retrieve a book germane to an immediate circumstance from this collection, readily kept handy in a pack or chest, and refer to it. This requires a free hand or some other means active, such as the mage hand spell or telekinesis, but no action. Doing so allows you add your proficiency bonus to any Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma Ability check. If you're already proficiency in a relevant skill you may add your proficiency bonus a second time unless some other feature grants you this benefit.

Loose Characters
Also at 3rd level, while you have a book from your collection in hand you can use a bonus action to read a passage describing a creature. You can summon a Bandit, Noble, Guard, Cultist, or Commoner as described in the Monster Manual with the addition of a Tool proficiency of your choosing. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus but cannot use it to summon additional versions of the same character. You regain all uses after completing a long rest. When you summon Characters in excess of your proficiency bonus, those summoned earliest depart to find their fortunes elsewhere.
These beings are drawn from the world within your books and are Charmed by you. The Charm effect ends if you or your allies damage them, if they are treated poorly, or you use this feature to summon another Character beyond your limit. They appear with an understanding of your immediate circumstances as if they were part of your story and with you all along. In combat or crises they act as you direct, taking their turn immediately after yours. During downtime they will behave as their alignment and role dictate. If they die they can be brought back through normal means, however they cannot be summoned again.

It's possible to summon historical figures in this way, however they are mere shadows of their true selves and their abilities, skills, etc conform to those set by the stat blocks for the creatures described above. For example, summoning Elminster from a biography of the legendary wizard would bring forth a Cultist with the personal history of Elminster as he appeared in the text.

When you summon a Character, roll to determine its role in the tale and choose an alignment
Role
1. Foil
2. Sidekick
3. Love Interest
4. Confidant

Alignments
1. Lawful Good
2. Chaotic Good
3. Lawful Neutral
4. Neutral Good
5. Neutral
6. Neutral Evil
7. Chaotic Neutral
8. Lawful Evil
9. Chaotic Evil

Heroism and Villainy
Beginning at 6th level the experience garnered at your side allows your summoned Characters to grow beyond their role. As an action you can choose any of your summoned Characters to so expand, transforming them into a Protagonist or Antagonist. Replace the existing stat block for one of your summoned Characters with the Thug, Scout, Acolyte, or Apprentice Wizard. Their attacks are considered magical for the purpose of overcoming Resistances. Additionally, this Character gains additional Hit Points equal to your Bard Level + Proficiency bonus and adds half your proficiency bonus to saving throws, attack rolls, and ability checks. Finally, whenever you cast a spell with a range of Self you can also affect any one of your summoned Characters if they are within 30 feet. You may have only one such character Charmed by you, expanding another character's role in this way causes the previous Character to leave your company to find their fortunes elsewhere.

Worlds Collide
At 14th level you are no longer limited to summoning Characters from your books, but now can summon fragments of settings. This is not a transformative process however, instead as an action you summon a 40 foot radius sphere of the world within your book that violently collides with the plane you currently occupy, centered on a point within 100 feet of you. Creatures you choose in the affected area must make a dexterity saving throw as this other world phases into your plane of existence. Where matter overlaps, mutual annihilation occurs. Creatures that fail the save suffer 8d10 force damage and are restrained, trapped within walls or mismatched elevations of terrain. Creatures that succeed on the save suffer half damage and are not restrained.

The destruction and complex interactions of this reality collision result in uneven terrain granting everyone in the area cover and all creatures moving through the terrain must succeed on an Acrobatics check equal to your Spell DC to move more than half their speed on a turn.

When used in a void, thin air, or on the Astral Plane this feature creates a 40 ft radius sphere of terrain appropriate terrain including a breathable atmosphere and functional versions of structures or vehicles that would have been found there. You can use this feature once and regain its use when you complete a long rest or expend a spell slot of 7th level or above to use it again.

Pretty much. At level 3 you could populate a town within a year. Some of those people might be positively predisposed to you, but not necessarily to each other. Additionally they would all have varied alignments and fill the archetypal roles given to them. Such a town would likely collapse as a hotbed of drama and intrigue within months.
At level 14, would it be possible to go to the Astral, repeatedly summon legenday treasure vaults, dragon hoards, or gold mines? Sure. But by level 14 there are easier ways to create infinite wealth and all these new hot commodities on the Astral Plane or Plane of Air are definitely going to be raided by Githyanki or Sky Pirates. Maybe you could just continuously summon boats to sell or lakes in arid land, but any environmental scientist will tell you that's a bandaid. Be creative with it, make a small fortune during downtime, but don't make it a chore for the DM, just blow up your foes with it like you're supposed to.

nickl_2000
2021-02-16, 02:06 PM
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_small/6/64770/1219254-tickyarowz.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/a6/d4/e5a6d44064bad85e0d4be881750e7f5b.jpg

Artificer, Battling Bowman
As an archer on the battlefield you can’t afford to go out there green, one must have hawkeye vision, and be very brave. You have to be fast and accurate, able to hit a mockingjay in flight. You combine modern science with traditional archery to do unbelievable things with your projectiles.

Proficiencies
At 3rd level, you gain proficiency with ranged martial weapons and woodcarver’s supplies. If you already have proficiency with woodcarvers supplies, you gain proficiency with one other type of artisan’s tools of your choice.

Battling Bowman Spells
At 3rd level you gain certain spells prepared after you reach particular levels in this class, as shown in the Spells table. These spells count as artificer spells for you, but they don’t count against the number of artificer spells you prepare.

Level Spell
3rd Hail of Thorns, Jump
5th Cordon of Arrows, Melf’s acid arrow
9th Flame Arrows, Lightning Arrow
13th Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility
17th Conjure Volley, Swift Quiver

Quick Quiver
Also at level 3, you've learned how to create a magical quiver for your projectiles with your woodcarver’s or tinkers tools. This quiver can be carried or can be attached to a crossbow and connects to a pocket dimension. Ammunition and items with the thrown property can be stored in the quiver and recalled at will.

If the quiver is destroyed or you lose it, you can rebuild it over the course of 1-hour. Rebuilding can be performed during a short or long rest, and the previous Quick Quiver becomes an ordinary quiver. The new Quick Quiver built connects to the same pocket dimension as the previous one, so no items stored in there are lost.

Trick Shots
Additionally at level 3, you learn trick shots. Choose 4 trick shots that you learn at level 3. Once per turn, when you make a ranged attack, you may replace a normal projectile with a trick shot projectile. These projectiles are considered mechanical in nature and are not affected by counterspell or anti-magic. The projectile is chosen prior to making your attack roll. At levels 9 you gain 4 more shots for a total of 8, and at level 15, you gain an additional 4 shots for a total of 12.

You get proficiency mod trick shots. You regain all of your expended trick shots when you finish a short or long rest.

Speedy (Extra Attack)
Starting at level 5, you can attack twice, rather than once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. This is considered an extra attack and doesn't stack with the extra attack feature of any other class.

Greenleaf's Double Shot
At level 9, you have learned to release two projectiles at once instead of a single projectile, knocking two arrows in your bow, tossing two daggers from a single hand, lining two bolts into a crossbow, or however you manage to release two at once. You may substitute the Double Shot in place of one of your attack rolls. Make two separate ranged attacks against the target, dealing normal damage on hit. The arrows fired by this attack cannot be trick shot arrows.

You may use this ability Intelligence modifier times per long rest.

Emerald Archer
At 15th level you have become a master with ranged weaponry. You seem to always have a trick up your sleeve (or in your quiver to be more realistic). As a bonus action, you can replicate a spell on your projectile mechanically. That spell must normally require an action to cast, have no costly components, be level 3 or below, and not require concentration. This spell is considered cast at a level 3 slot if the spell allows upcasting. If the spell requires a spell attack, you use your spell attack, if it requires a save it is made against your spell DC. The range of the spell is replaced with the max range of your ranged weapon. If the target of the spell is self, you cast that spell on the target of the projectile (and yes, you can shoot yourself). This projectile must be used by the end of your current turn or the mechanics on it break apart. You may use this ability 1 time per short rest.

Additionally, the range increments on all ranged weapon attacks are doubled and you gain an additional trick shot usage each time you roll initiative.

Trick Shots
Boxing Glove - The projectile has a blunt tip on the end shaped almost like a fist. When you use a boxing glove you deal bludgeoning damage instead of piercing and deal an additional 1d6 damage (2d6 at level 9 and 3d6 at level 15). This projectile can also be used to knock an opponent unconscious if you drop them below 0 hp instead of killing them.

Acid - This projectile has a small vial of acid attached to the end of it. On hit or miss, the vial explodes and covers a 5ft radius circle in acid dealing 1d4 (2d4 at level 9 and 3d4 at level 15) damage to each creature in the area of effect

Antler - You have absolutely no idea how this fit inside your quiver, or how you managed to pull it out, but here you are. When you hit with this projectile, the target is shoved backwards 5 ft (10ft at level 9 and 15ft at level 15)

Boomerang - There is a slight curve to this projectile. After you fire it against the initial target, hit or miss it curves around and can hit another target within 60ft of the first target. You must make a separate attack roll against the new target.

Bola - This projectile splits into a bola, wrapping around the feet of the target. On hit, in additional to the normal damage, the target is considered grappled. A creature grappled this way, or another creature within 5 feet, may spend and action to unwrap the bola and end the grapple.

Electric - This projectile turns is charged with electrical energy. In addition to the normal damage, it does an additional 1d6 lightning damage (2d6 at level 9 and 3d6 at level 15)

Flash Bang- When this projectile impacts, on either a hit or miss, it creates a bright flash and a loud bang. All creatures within a 5ft radius must make a constitution save against your spell DC or be both blinded and deafened until the end of your next turn.

Freezing- This projectile turns icy in flight. In addition to the normal damage, it also does 1d6 cold damage (2d6 at level 9 and 3d6 at level 15).

Glue- The head of this projectile is a sticky glob of goo that explodes on impact in a 10ft radius and lasts for the next minute. While the glue exists, the space is considered difficult terrain and any creature entering the glue or starting their turn in it must make a dexterity save or have their movement speed cut in half until the start of their next turn.

Grappling Hook- A clawed end pops out of this projectile and rope trails from the end of it. On impact it anchors into whatever surface it hit. The rope and the arrow can hold 1000lbs of weight when anchored into a solid surface. As an action, you can trigger the arrow to release from the attached surface. This trick shot can only be used against an object, and one that is not being carried by a creature.

Mini - This is a tiny projectile, but it still hits just as hard. However, due to the small size of the projectile, if it is fired while hidden you remain hidden and while invisible you remain invisible.

Parachute- You can fire this projectile as a reaction to an ally falling. The target of this projectile is considered under the effect of the Feather Falling spell.

Rain- You fire this projectile into the air, causing it to burst into rain clouds. For the next minute a heavy rain falls from the sky in a 30 ft radius circle from your target location. All fires in the circle are immediately doused and the area is considered lightly obscured.

Rocket- This projectile flies at an impossible speed. On hit, the target takes an additional 1d8 piercing damage (2d8 at level 9 and 3d8 at level 15).

Smokescreen- On impact, this projectile explodes into a 10 ft radius circle cloud. All areas inside that circle are considered heavily obscured.

Thermal- This projectile glows bright with flames as it flies through the air. In addition to the normal damage, it also does 1d6 fire damage (2d6 at level 9 and 3d6 at level 15).

CountDVB
2021-02-16, 02:33 PM
I was asking about a different one, but then inspiration hit me like a train.

Sorcerous Origin: Draconic Elementalist

Dragons are powerful creatures, known for their primal connections to the elements. However, some have grown so close to their elements they consume it and grow from it, creating a whole new level of magic. Magic that can be passed down to the humanoid races. However, this magic can not truly be taught, but is gifted. For some, they were raised by dragons since children and the magic implanted on them in their development. Others are granted it artificially through solidified magic implanted in it.

With this power, you can feed off of the very elements themselves, empowering yourself further and filled with an extraordinary sense of might to defeat your foes, enough to where some of these sorcerers are called “dragon slayers” for being able to best dragons in single combat.

This is based off of Dragon Slayer Magic from the manga Fairy Tail. To those who don’t know, it was a pretty fun shonen manga/anime involving a world of magic, where 10% of the population can use magic and where there are various magic guilds. The world is surprisingly pretty fleshed out nicely and it is definitely very shonen-esque in its execution with battles along with having a hilariously notorious amount of fanservice. Very heavy in power of friendship though the soundtrack is very very awesome and does actually raise some fascinating themes when you look at the totality, such as obsession over the past and undoing mistakes.

Dragon Slayer Magic here is a type of elemental magic that a very few characters (such as Fire Dragon Slayer protagonist Natsu) know due to the rarity (hence why it’s a Lost Magic). They can consume a certain element to boost themselves and heal to a degree while using very flashy and awesome attacks. They’re gained through a few ways, defined by generations. 1st gen are taught by dragons (though also go through a rite for plot-spoiler reasons). 2nd gen have lacrima (magic crystalline substance that provides/powers some fun magitek) in them, specifically dragon magic lacrima which is extensively rare. They are no less stronger and heck, they don’t have the tendency for motion sickness 1st gen dragon slayers do. 3rd gen dragonslayers are a combination of 1 and 2. These are the main ones (4th gen only appear in a movie and 5th in the sequel series)

Dragon Link
At 1st level, you show your connection to the nature of your draconic magic. Either through heritage or the inborn magic, you can now speak, read, and write Draconic. Additionally, you have advantage on saving throws when interacting with or fighting against dragons. Lastly, your hit point maximum increases by your Charisma modifer and then increases by an additional 1 whenever you gain a level in this class.

Draconic Element
Starting at 1st level, you begin harnessing your draconic element, depending on what dragon trained you or where you got the magic from. Choose from one of the following damage types: fire, cold, acid, lightning, poison.

Whenever a spell of that damage type you chose is used against you by a different creature, you can use your reaction to consume the magic to empower you. If you do so, you take no damage against it and instead gain temporary hit points equal to half the damage roll. They do not stack through this. You must be able to open your mouth to use this feature as a reaction (as such, conditions such as unconscious and so on prevent you). You cannot activate this feature through your own spells or spell-like effects.

Additionally, You gain certain effects or capabilities depending on your chosen damage type:

Fire- You don’t suffer the effects of extreme heat, as described in the Dungeon Master's Guide. You can put out fires by ingesting the fire, consuming 1 '5' ft by '5' ft square per round.
Cold- You don’t suffer the effects of extreme cold, as described in the Dungeon Master's Guide. You can remove the cold/thaw someone or something by consuming the cold, consuming 1 '5' ft by '5' ft square per round.
Poison- You have advantage on saving throws against poison. If you already have advantage when you gain this feature, then add your proficiency bonus to your saving throws.
Acid- If you or a friendly creature within 5 feet of you has gotten acid on yourself and or item, you can use a bonus action to injest the acid from the item. It is no longer covered in acid and does not suffer the effects of corrosion.
Lightning- When you roll for intiative, you can increase the result by your Charisma modifier.

If the game or setting you are playing in has different damage types associated with that setting’s dragons or additional dragon types, discuss with your DM what are your damage type options (for instance, if there is a dragon associated with thunder damage, you can choose your draconic element would be thunder damage.) As such, the following effects have been included:

Thunder- You are immune to being deafened.
Psychic- You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed and frightned. If you already have advantage on either or when you gain this feature, then add your proficiency bonus to the your saving throws involving the one you already have advantage in.
Radiant- You are immune to being blinded.
Necrotic- You are immune to having your hit point maximum be reduced.
Force- You have advantage on saving throws against being knocked prone. If you already have advantage when you gain this feature, then add your proficiency bonus to your saving throws.

Elemental Dragon’s Roar
Starting at 6th level, you can channel the power of your draconic element n an almighty roar of the dragons, concentrated as a powerful beam of that element through your magical consumption. As an action, you can release a 5' by 30' line of magic energy. It does damage of your chosen damage type equal to twice your sorcerer level.

When you use your Elemental Dragon’s roar all creatures in the area must make a Dexterity saving throw. The DC of this saving throw is 8 + your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus. If they succeed in the saving throw, they take only half the damage.

You can do this a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier before needing a long rest. If you have no uses remaining, you can use your Draconic Element feature of consuming magic of your damage type in battle to regain a usage.

Dracoelemental Body
By 14th level, your dragonic element has been infused so much in your body that you have become suffused with is, augmenting your physical capabillities. While unarmored and without a shield, your AC increases by your Charisma modifier. Additionally, if you're not wielding a weapon or shield, then as a bonus action, you can channel your draconic element into your limbs. Your unarmed strikes do additional damage equal to your Charisma modifer and now do damage of your draconic element. Lastly, you gain resistance to your draconic element damage type.

Dragon Force
Beginning at 18th level, you are able of accessing the power of your draconic element to the fullest and become as if a dragon. You can spend 5 sorcery points to enter a sacred state known as Dragon Force. The transformation last for 1 minute + an additional minute for each extra sorcery point. You gain the follow effects:

You are immune to damage of your chosen damage type.
you gain resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons.
Whenever you use features or spells inflicting damage of your chosen damage type, they overcome resistance to that damage type. If in combat against a dragon, the features or spells also overcome their immunity if present.
Double your profiency bonus on attack rolls when attacking dragons type creatures.

Once you use this feature, you cannot use it again until after a long rest.

- Yes, this is meant to deal with enemies, especially dragons of that certain damage type. It follows why the Dragon Slayer Magic is called as such within the manga/anime.
- The Roar is a reference to a technique used by them, [Element] Dragon's Roar, appearing as a big ol beam.
- Given how it's a shonen anime, alot of fighting with fists is done, especially among the Dragon Slayers who count their limbs or whole bodies with their element.
- Dragon Force is a mode accessibile mainly to them as a super mode. Either done through intense training or by consuming mass quantites of ethernano, the magical particles of the setting, usually condensed in a crystal form. Not advisable since the solid crystal is made of different types of magic and not jut what they can consume. It'll just make the Dragon Slayers sick for a while.
- Version 1.0. First Draft done.
- Version 1.1 Added HP gain for Dragon Link, Elaborated on Draconic Element while removing spell advantage roll, made Claws of the Element into bonus action along with removing cost and concentration.
- Version 1.2 Inspired by @Phhase regarding usage and so on, tweaked Dragon's Roar to account for usage and source accuracy. Changed Claw of the Elements to Dracoelemental Body to account for better usage on physical prowess and so on. Also clarified on Draconic Effect
- Version 1.21 Replaced HP healing with Temp HP in Draconic Element.
- Version 1.22 Changed on lightning Draconic element

Old Harry MTX
2021-02-16, 02:59 PM
I've been thinking about a Final Fantasy Dragoon-inspired subclass for some time. For those who do not know what we are talking about, you can take a look here (https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Dragoon_(job)). I hope I have the time to write it!

Phhase
2021-02-17, 10:29 PM
Skipped the last one for some reason, sorry folks. Anyway, here's something.
Several mechanics inspired by the Pyro, from TF2
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJoboScBW1sbLUpmHoUOyvCjI2KfXwe Pb_JA&usqp=CAU

Sorcerous Origin
Pyromaniac

You love the flames, and in return, they love you back. To you, nothing makes things more alive than a little fire. Or better yet, a lot of it! Those with such hearts of fire and souls of coal often become mystically link with the flames, able to stir up mighty infernos at a whim. Such sorcerers make for impressive and inspiring heroes - or terrifying scourges of all things living. Look how they burn...!

Pyromaniac Quirks

d6
Pyromaniac

Your spells that don't set things on fire still look like they do.

You regard fire as your one true love, making it hard to connect with others sometimes.

You find the smell of smoke and charring more intoxicating than any liquor.

You find other people to be offensively bad at creating fires. You need to put out every flame, no matter how big or small, and then relight it the correct way.

Your idea of a compliment is "You look extremely flammable today!".

You think that being on fire makes one 100% proof against sneaky attackers.

Flame Magic
At 1st level, all fire bends to your grasp. You automatically gain the cantrip Control Flames. It does not count towards the number of cantrips you know. You the following spells are added to your sorcerer spell list: Produce Flame, Arcane Weapon, Hellish Rebuke, Flaming Sphere, Elemental Bane, and Fire Shield. Additionally, when using Prestidigitation to light or extinguish small flames, you can target up to your Charisma Score in wicks, fuses, or other items at once, and when using Control Flames, you can elect to increase or decrease the intensity of the targeted fire, with a commensurate effect on fuel consumption.

When all you have is a match...
From 1st level on, all sorcerer spells that you cast deal fire damage instead of any other damage type. Magic Missile, for instance, becomes Flaming Missile. You take no damage from your own fire spells, although fires created indirectly by your spells still burn you. For example, you would take no damage from your own Fireball, but if said fireball lit the building around you on fire, that fire would still hurt. You also gain proficiency with all axes, hammers, and firearms.

Consuming Inferno
At 6th level, your flames are almost alive in their will to consume. Whenever a creature takes fire damage from one of your leveled spells (But only once per spell per creature, per turn), it is lit on fire and takes 1d4 fire damage at the end of each of its turns. The creature or an adjacent ally can take an action to extinguish the flames. If a creature is already on fire and takes additional fire damage from a spell, the damage it takes at the beginning of its turn goes up by 1d4, to a maximum of half your sorcerer level in d4s. Flaming creatures burn for 1 minute if not extinguished beforehand.

Slice the Wick
At 14th level, you've discovered a way to expedite the transition from flesh to ash for stubborn enemies. When you hit and damage an enemy that is on fire with a weapon attack from an axe, hammer, or firearm, you can use your reaction to Slice the Wick. The attack becomes a critical strike, and the creature is extinguished, taking the maximum burn damage it would've taken at the beginning of its next turn. You can Slice the Wick a number of times equal to your proficiency score per long rest.

Everything Burns
Some creatures, such as red dragons, think they have no cause to fear fire. At 18th level, you are living proof they are wrong. Fire wraps and binds all other elements in its heart. Choose an elemental energy type that is not Cold. You damaging sorcerer spells now deal damage that is both fire, and of the type that you chose. Resistances, vulnerabilities, and immunities to only one energy type are thus only half as effective. Creatures additionally suffer an effect based on the secondary energy type you chose:

Piranha Solution (Acid) - Creatures set aflame by your spells take 1d6 damage per burn stack instead, as the heat catalyzes the chemical reactions of the acid.

Magefire (Force) - Creatures set aflame by your spells have magical effects on themselves suppressed for the duration of the flames, and must make a Concentration Check against your Spellpower in order to cast a spell while on fire.

Hungry Plasma (Lightning) - Weapons and armor worn by creatures set aflame by your spells suffer a -1 penalty to their AC, attack, and damage rolls each time they take burn damage at the beginning of the turn, melting away completely at -5.

Deadfire (Necrotic) - Creatures set aflame by your spells cannot regain hitpoints from any source until they are extinguished.

Deadly Phospor (Poison) - Creatures set aflame by your spells can't be extinguished by any means, but the max duration of the burning is only 2 rounds (unless reset by more spell damage)

Soulflame (Psychic) - Creatures set aflame by your spells can't take reactions and have disadvantage on mental saving throws until extinguished.

Magnesious Rage (Radiant) - Creatures set aflame by your spells are blinded until extinguished.

Echoflame (Sonic) - When you extinguish a creature with Slice the Wick, it explodes, causing everyone within 10 feet of the creature except you to take the burn damage and suffer the effects of Consuming Inferno as if damaged by a spell.

Ilerien
2021-02-21, 01:45 PM
Primal Path: Path of the Reaver

Reavers are barbarians who have unlocked a new level of control over their bodies. Giving in to their rage, they command this untapped energy from deep within blood and bone. The Path of the Reaver, however, is a double edged sword. Reavers trade pain for strength, by channeling their own life force into raw power and stealing the life from their foes. The closer a reaver is to their own death, the more efficient they are at inflicting the same on others.

Barbarian level
Feature

3rd
Blood Frenzy

6th
Devour

10th
Aura of Pain

14th
Terrifying Fury

Blood Frenzy
Starting when you choose this path at 3rd level, when you enter rage, you may suffer 1 damage per Barbarian level and enter blood frenzy as well (no additional action required). Alternatively, while you're raging, you may enter blood frenzy as a reaction to taking damage.
Entering blood frenzy has the following consequences:
you lose damage resistances from your rage;
damage bonus from your rage changes from its normal value to 1d4 and improves to 1d6 at 9th level and to 1d8 at 16th level;
when you use Reckless Attack, your melee weapon attacks that use Strength score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20, and it improves to 18-20 at 14th level;
when your current hit points are below certain thresholds, damage bonus from your rage improves. If your current hit points are less than half you maximum hit points (referred below as "severely wounded"), you roll 2 dice instead of one (e.g. 2d4) and add the results up. If your current hit points are less than your barbarian level (referred below as "near death") you roll 3 dice instead. Temporary hit points aren't factored in: for example, if you're at 2 HP and have 20 temporary HP, you're still considered to be near death. If some other effect (e.g. Aura of Pain class feature) refers to your rage damage bonus, it is likewise replaced by one or more dice depending on your current hit points.
When your rage ends, blood frenzy ends with it.

Devour
Starting at 6th level, whenever you kill a living creature (undead and constructs aren't eligible) of CR 1 or greater with a melee weapon attack, you can use your bonus action on the same turn to consume a part of the essence of the slain creature. The consumed essence can be then used until the end of your next turn (no action required) to fuel one of the following effects:
at any time on your turn, you regain 1 hit point per CR of the slain creature;
at any time on your turn, you gain 2 temporary hit points per CR of the slain creature for 1 minute;
when you hit with a weapon attack, it deals additional 1d8 necrotic damage per 2 CR of the slain creature (rounded up), up to 10d8;
when you make a saving throw, you add half the slain creature's CR (rounded up) to the result of the roll, and you may decide to use the essence after you roll, but before the outcome is determined.
If you choose to consume essence when you have unspent essence consumed earlier, the old essence dissipates.
A creature whose essence was devoured this way cannot be returned to life by a spell of lower than 7th level.
You can use this feature a number of times up to your Constitution modifier (minimum 1). You regain all expended uses of this feature when you finish a short or long rest.

Aura of Pain
Starting at 10th level, if a hostile living creature starts its turn within 10 ft of you while you are in blood frenzy, it suffers psychic damage equal to your rage damage bonus. If you're severely wounded or near death, hostile living creatures suffer disadvantage on Strength, Dexterity and Constitution saving throws while within the range of this feature (in addition to taking more damage, as specified in Blood Frenzy feature description).
Additionally, if a creature is reduced to 0 hit points by the damage from your Aura of Pain, you may use Devour as a reaction targeting the dying creature in question.

Terrifying Fury
Starting at 14th level, whenever you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack while raging and deal damage with it, all hostile creatures within 30 ft of you that are able to see you are forced to make a Wisdom saving throw (DC is equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier) or be frightened of you until the end of your next turn. If you're in blood frenzy and near death, this saving throw is made with disadvantage. If a creature succeeds on its saving throw, it is immune to your Terrifying Fury until you finish a long rest.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/0/01/The_Reaver.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/480
A warrior specialization from Dragon Age games (https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Reaver) (click the links at the top of the page if you want to familiarize yourself with original mechanic in different installments of the series).
The original flavor has the warrior getting awesome powers from drinking dragon blood, which I felt kinda hard to introduce without delving into dragon types, and that would've taken me away from the core idea of this class. Namely, a glass cannon who becomes more frightening the more wounded they are.
So, we want a glass cannon with massive damage output here, but more fragile than your typical barbarian.
Level 3 feature allows to modify your rage: you forgo your resistances to boost your rage damage bonus (just +0.5 per hit on average, but now doubles on crits) and critical range when using reckless attack (encouraging you to suffer even more damage) and get a unique core mechanic: your rage yields more damage when you are at less than half hit points and even more when you're on the verge of death. Some flexibility comes from being able to turn blood frenzy on when you're actually reduced to one of the thresholds: nothing stops you from tanking as other barbarians do if you want.
Level 6 feature provides some defensive capability or can be used to nova something with necrotic damage. The upside is it can be used even outside rage and is limited only by the number of enemies you can split in half with your greataxe, the downside is you don't really have any meaningful control over when you get to use it. The bit about rendering devoured creatures unresurrectable is here for flavor.
Level 10 feature improves blood frenzy, forcing enemies to have hard time against party spellcasters' shenanigans if they come into range, and also provides even more opportunities to trigger devour.
Level 14 feature is, again, hard to control, but, once triggered, it might change the way the encounter is going. And it's the time when your reckless attack becomes very likely to trigger a crit (28% chance assuming 18 on d20 hits).
03.03.2021: changed Aura of Pain damage type to psychic which makes more sense than necrotic in this case, I think.

Lvl45DM!
2021-02-22, 05:31 AM
Ranger Conclave: The Dunedain
He's one of them rangers...dangerous folk, wandering the wilds.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/h8ciZV9zk-A/maxresdefault.jpg

In the grim wilderness there are folk, descended from an ancient civilization of great power and might. This civilization fell, not due to the evil without, but due to the decadence within. Some few remember well the lessons of their forebears and have sworn to never repeat those mistakes. Loners, wanderers, striders, all the Dunedain, as they are known, hold the line between civilization and the wild. One day they hope to bring back their homeland to its former glory. But for now, they wait.

Dunedain Magic

3rd Level Expeditious Retreat
5th Level Enthrall
9th Level Beacon of Hope
13th Level Aura of Life
17th Level Circle Of Power

Dunedain Endurance
Years of brutal living in the wilds have given you incredible stamina. You could run for 3 days and night without food or rest, to chase down your prey. From 3rd level onwards, take twice as long to gain exhaustion levels naturally and lose a number of levels of exhaustion equal to your Con Mod on a long rest. With your foraging you can also help others handle the rigours of wild living. On a long rest a number of creatures equal to your ranger level lose 2 levels of exhaustion instead of 1.

You have advantage on saving throws against any effect that would cause exhaustion.

Hands of a Healer
Part of your lineage includes knowledge of healing herbs that others think are mere weeds. This is not magic, but skill. At 3rd level on a short rest, under your ministrations creatures receive maximum results on healing that comes either from spells or from hit dice spent. You have a number of uses equal to 1+your Wisdom Modifier. You regain all uses on a long rest.
You gain proficiency in the Medicine skill if you do not already have it. If you do already have it, you may pick another skill from the Ranger list.

Ancient Lore
The history of your forebears was not one purely of noble warriors and kindly sages. Kings built tombs more splendid than the houses of the living. Childless lords sat in aged halls musing on heraldry or in high cold towers asking questions of the stars. Some of this knowledge has been passed to you and you wield power over strange and fell things, even though they be murderous or traitorous. At 7th level choose one creature type from Undead, Fiend or Aberration. You may pick a second creature type at 11th level.y
Against this creature type you gain two abilities:

Friend: You can call upon ancient oaths and bindings laid on them by your forebears. As an action you can charm one creature you can see. They must make a Wisdom save against your Spell Save DC or be charmed. This works even if the creature is normally immune to being charmed, but not if there is a special protection against charm in place. You could, for example, charm a Lich, but not if that Lich was under a Mind Blank spell. This charm lasts 1 hour.

Foe: Against such foes you may spend a bonus action to make a Perception check. The difficulty of this check is 10+the creatures CR. If successful you learn its damage resistances, immunities, vulnerabilities and one Special Trait of the creature. You gain advantage on all attack rolls made against a creature of that type and advantage on all savings throws made against natural abilities of that creature type until the beginning of your next turn.

Fell Powers:Your chosen area of study has yielded skill beyond direct confrontation with your chosen subjects. As an action you may use your Ancient Lore to grant yourself Resistance to the chosen weapons of your friends and foes. This resistance lasts 1 hour and does not require Concentration.
Knowledge of Undead grants resistance to Necrotic.
Knowledge of Fiends grants resistance to Fire.
Knowledge of Aberrations grants resistance to Acid and Poison

Ancient Lore can be used 1+Wis mod times per long rest.

Will of the Dunedain
Though Ancient of days you may be and yet in the flower of youth. Wisdom shall sit upon your brow, with strength and healing were in your hands. At 11th level you gain immunity to charm and fear affects along with resistance to Psychic damage. Your heritage and skills endow you with grand authority as well. As a bonus action you may cast Command, using Wisdom as your casting stat. You may do this a number of times equal to your Wis mod, regaining all uses on a long rest. You also age at half the rate of a normal member of your race.

The Return of The King
You are closer now to reclaiming the long-lost glory of your lineage and none are given the authority to deny it. As an action you can become an inspiration to your allies and a terror to your foes. Every ally within 30ft gains advantage on their attack rolls and every enemy that can see you within 30ft gains disadvantage on their attack rolls against you or your allies until the end of your next turn. You may use this ability a number of times equal to your Wisdom Mod per long rest.

Twelvetrees
2021-02-22, 09:44 PM
Taking some inspiration from the Brothers Grimm...

Cannibal Witch

A wizard subclass
Some wizards are satisfied with poring over musty tomes, researching theorems, and delving into old ruins in search of forgotten lore. Not so for you. Time at countertops with mixing bowls and knives and a fire roaring in a nearby oven has lead you down bloodier paths.

Mystical Cook
Starting at 2nd level, your skills with baking and magic begin to intermingle, allowing you to mix and match implements as you see fit. You gain proficiency in cook's utensils and can use them as a spellcasting focus in place of an arcane focus.

Gingerbread House
At 2nd level, you learn how to create a gingerbread cottage with windows of clear sugar and walls decorated with candy.

As a bonus action, you can cause a gingerbread house to rise from a square area of ground of your choice that you can see within 60 feet. The area is 10 feet on each side, and it must not have any buildings or other structures on it. Any creatures in the area are harmlessly lifted up as the house rises.

The walls of the house are 10 feet high and a low roof encloses the top of the structure. The cottage is furnished with two beds and a small table. One wall has a door in it and you can choose whether or not the other walls have windows of clear sugar.

The cottage and its furnishings are made of gingerbread, cake, candy, and sugar and can be damaged or eaten. Each 10-foot-by-10-foot section of wall or ceiling has AC 5 and hit points equal to your level. The furnishings have the same AC and hit points as the sections of wall or ceiling. Reducing a wall or ceiling to 0 hit points destroys it and might cause connected sections to buckle and collapse at the DM's discretion. A creature can use its action to eat a wall, ceiling, or furnishing, which will destroy it in the same manner. Eating a part of the cottage in this way provides enough nourishment to sustain a creature for one day.

Any extant house you have created with this feature crumbles away when you create a new one.

Fatten Them Up
Starting at 6th level, you realize the importance of meal preparation. As a bonus action, you can give a creature within 30 feet of you temporary hit points equal to your wizard level. While a creature has these temporary hit points, it has disadvantage on saving throws to resist your spells. At the end of each of its turns, a creature with these temporary hit points can make a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC. On a success, it loses these temporary hit points. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and regain all uses when you finish a long rest.

Into the Oven
Starting at 10th level, when you create your gingerbread house, you can equip it with an oven that cannot be eaten or destroyed. If the house is destroyed or crumbles away, the oven does too.

When a creature starts its turn within 15 feet of the house or inside the house, it must make a Strength saving throw against your spell save DC. Creatures you choose can automatically succeed on the saving throw. On a failed save, a creature is drawn in through the door of the house (if it was outside) and into the oven. A creature in the oven is blinded and restrained, it has total cover against attacks and other effects outside of the oven, and it takes fire damage equal to your level at the start of each of your turns. At the start of each of its turns, a creature in the oven can make a Strength saving throw against your spell save DC. On a success, it is ejected from the oven into the nearest unoccupied space.

The oven can hold one Huge creature, two Large creatures, four Medium creatures, eight small creatures, or sixteen Tiny creatures, or some combination thereof at the same time. For example, one Large creature and four small creatures could fit in the oven at once.

Cook and Eat Them
At 14th level, you gain sustenance from creatures cooked in your oven. When a creature is reduced to 0 hit points from your Into the Oven feature, you immediately gain enough nourishment to be sustained for a day. In addition, you regain hit points equal to the creature's Challenge Rating (round down). When you regain hit points from this feature, you also gain temporary hit points equal to your wizard level.

Changed Gingerbread house from being an action to create to a bonus action. Removed the limitation on the number of times it could be created.

Fatten Them Up used to give temporary hit points equal to your level times five. Switched to your wizard level. Added on option for creatures to remove the temporary hit points with a Constitution saving throw at the end of their turn.

Added details to Into the Oven to say how many creatures can fit in the Oven at once. Changed the save to escape to be at the start of the creature's turn instead of the end to prevent them from immediately being stuffed back in the oven.

Cook and Eat Them now uses Challenge Rating instead of hit dice. It also the Cannibal Witch some temporary hit points.

RickAsWritten
2021-03-02, 04:12 PM
Oi boyo, here's a subclass based on my favorite Vault Hunter from the Borderlands video game series...

Zane "Ferocity Deathbringer Sharpshooter Careful Charisma Charm Lucky Danger Eulogy" Flynt.

Fighter Archetype

Magitech Mercenary

SNTNL

When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you gain access to a Soul-Nested Tactical Nullification Levitator (SNTNL). As a bonus action you can summon your SNTNL in an unoccupied space within 5 feet of you. As a part of this bonus action, you can command it as listed below. It is friendly to you and your companions, and it obeys your commands. See its game statistics in the SNTNL stat block, which uses your proficiency bonus (PB) in several places. In combat, the SNTNL shares your initiative count, but it takes its turn immediately after yours. It can move and use its reaction on its own, but the only action it takes on its turn is the Dodge action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take another action. That action can be one in its stat block or some other action. If you are incapacitated, the SNTNL can take any action of its choice, not just Dodge. You can use this ability a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus per long rest.

The SNTNL is summoned for one minute or until it is reduced to 0 hit points. If you or SNTNL reduce a hostile creature (that has more than one hit die) to 0 hit points, you can increase the duration that SNTNL is summoned by one minute, up to a maximum of 10 minutes. Once per long rest while you have zero uses of this ability remaining, if you reduce a hostile creature (that has more than one hit die) to 0 hit points, you regain one use of SNTNL.

SNTNL
Small construct
Armor Class: 13 + PB (natural armor)
Hit Points: four times your fighter level (SNTNL has a number of Hit Dice [d6s] equal to your fighter level)
Speed: 0 ft, fly 60 ft. (can hover)

STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

6 (-2)
16 (+3)
10 (+0)
8 (-1)
10 (+0)
6 (-2)

Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages: understands the languages you speak
Challenge- Proficiency Bonus (PB) equals your bonus
Flyby. The SNTNL doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it
flies out of an enemy's reach.
Soul-Nested Bond. You can add your proficiency bonus to any ability check or saving throw that the SNTNL makes.
ACTIONS
Force Slug. Ranged Spell Attack: PB + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice) to hit,
15ft, one target. Hit: 1d4 + 3 + PB force damage.
Zoomer. SNTNL can infuse a creature within 30ft feet with unnatural speed, increasing their walking speed by 15 feet until the beginning of their next turn.

Barrier

At 7th level, you gain access to a deployable barrier that shelters and bolsters you and your allies. As an action you can deploy the barrier in an unoccupied space within 5 feet of you. As part of that action, you designate a front and back of the barrier. It is 20 feet wide, 10 feet high, and 1 foot thick. The barrier is translucent, glowing with magic, and can be passed through by creatures. Any creature that is directly behind the barrier and within 15 feet of it receives half-cover. The barrier lasts for one minute. If you reduce a hostile creature (that has more than one hit die) to 0 hit points, you can increase the duration that the barrier is deployed by one minute, up to a maximum of 10 minutes. You can use this ability a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus per long rest. Once per long rest while you have zero uses of this ability remaining, if you reduce a hostile creature (that has more than one hit die) to 0 hit points, you regain one use of the barrier.
As a reaction, you can cause an attack made by an ally that passes through the barrier to deal bonus force damage equal to your proficiency bonus. At 10th level, the barrier becomes a dome with a radius of 15 feet and all creatures of your choice that are inside it gain the benefits. When you reach 18th level, the barrier provides three-quarters cover, and the damage increases to twice your proficiency bonus.

Magi-Clone

Starting at 10th level, you acquire a magical cloning device. As long as you are wearing or carrying the device, you can expend a charge to cast the spell mirror image as a bonus action. The device has a number of charges equal to your proficiency bonus and regains all charges at the end of a long rest.
Once per long rest while you have zero charges remaining, if you reduce a hostile creature (that has more than one hit die) to 0 hit points, you regain one charge.

Kill Skill

At 15th level, you become more adept at your kill skills. Whenever an ability states that you increase the duration of an ability when you reduce a hostile creature (that has more than one hit die) to 0 hit points, you instead increase that length of time by 10 minutes, up to a maximum of one hour. Whenever an ability states that you regain a use or charge when you reduce a hostile creature (that has more than one hit die) to 0 hit points, you instead regain two.
In addition whenever you reduce a hostile creature (that has more than one hit die) to 0 hit points, your walking speed is doubled until the beginning of your next turn.

Doubled Agent

When you reach 18th level, you have upgraded your cloning device. You can choose to expend two device charges to allow your duplicates to fight alongside while the spell is active. Once per turn when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause one of your duplicates to repeat that weapon attack against the same creature. The duplicate has advantage on its attack roll, and shares all of your stats, active effects, and equipped items.

Fixed typos
Added speed boost Action to SNTNL
Altered wording for cover from Barrier
Added speed boost to Kill Skill
Clarified Doubled Agent
Added free command as part of summon BA
Added range and targets to Zoomer
Changed/redefined the way duration increases work on Kill Skills
Added a Barrier shape change at level 10, a 15ft dome
Removed Mending clause
Fixed SNTNL attack mod
Clarified Barrier wording
Gave Doubled Agent advantage to hit

Snowben Gaming
2021-03-05, 12:46 PM
Martial Archetype: Dragonstone Warrior

In ages long past, the First Dragons roamed the world, ruling over humans as deities of immense power. Three of these dragons: the Dawn Dragon, the Dusk Dragon and the Silent Dragon blessed human bloodlines with their immense power, granting them magical abilities well beyond that of a normal mortal. The strongest of these blood-bonded were said to be able to assume draconic features or even the form of a dragon for a brief time by channeling their draconic energy though a mystical gem known as a Dragonstone.

Inspiration: This was inspired by Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates and their personal class: the Nhor Prince/Princess.

Draconic Regality
When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you are as regal and imposing as your draconic ancestors. You gain proficiency in either the Intimidation or the Persuasion skill. Adtionally, you can speak, read and write Draconic.

Dragonstone Transformation
Starting at 3rd, you can draw upon the latent draconic energies of your bloodline to assume a draconic form. When you gain this feature, you gain a mystical gem known as a Dragonstone, if you lose this stone, you can create a new Dragonstone (without needing to spend any money or material resources) over the course of 1 hour, which can be done as part of a short or long rest, this destroys your previous Dragonstone. As a bonus action, while your Dragonstone is on your person, you can transform, gaining the following benefits:

You gain the Dragon creature type in addition to any creature types you already have.
You gain a +1 bonus to your armour class if you aren't wearing heavy armour, as scales manifest on your body.
You gain a natural weapon with the light and reach properties that deals 1d8 Piercing damage on a hit, using your Strength modifier for attack and damage rolls. This natural weapon takes the form of a spear of arcane energy that manifests itself around your arm.
Arcane Blast: As an action, you can launch arcane energy (which appears as an orb of liquid magic) at your foes. Choose a point that you can see within 30 feet of you, all creatures within 5 feet of that point must make a Dexterity Saving Throw (DC = 8 + your Constitution modifier + your Proficiency bonus). A creature takes 3d6 Force damage on a failed save, and half as much damage on a successful save. The damage increases to 4d6 at 7th level, and 5d6 at 15th level. After taking this action, your transformation instantly ends.

Your transformation lasts for 1 minute, ending early if you become unconscious. You can also end the transformation as a bonus action.
You can transform a number of times equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum of once), regaining all uses on a long rest.

Blood of the First Dragons
Starting at 7th level, you become unaturally resistant to the arcane forces of the First Dragons. You gain resistance to Force damage.

Dragonfang
Starting at 10th level, you gain greater control over the arcane energy you command while in your draconic form. Your natural weapon from Dragonstone Transformation now counts as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity. Additionally, the Arcane Blast action you can take as part of your Dragonstone Tranformation no longer ends your transformation on use and the last attack you can make as part of the Attack action can be substituted with Arcane Blast, although you can only do so once, regaining the ability to do so on a short or long rest.

Dragon's Soul
Starting at 15th level, you are so in tune with your draconic heritage that you are always capable of assuming your draconic form. When you roll initiative and have no uses of Dragonstone Transformation remaining, you regain one use.

Dragon-kin
Starting at 18th level, you can finally become a full dragon. When you use Dragonstone Transformation, you can assume the form of a dragon completely, gaining the additional benefits:

Your size becomes Large.
Your armour class becomes 20 if it was lower.
You gain immunity to Force damage.
You gain a flying speed of 60 feet, as dragon-like wings sprout from your back.
Your natural weapon increases to 1d10 damage.
You can subtitute the last attack you make as part of the Attack action with the Arcane Blast action you gain as part of your transformation (as per Dragonfang) once on each of your turns.
You choose whether your equipment falls to the ground in your space, merges into your new form, or is worn by it. You are incapable of wearing armour while in your dragon form, although you can still wield weapons and hold other items in your hands, and any clothing that you are wearing is destroyed unless it merges with your new form or is dropped. Worn equipment functions as normal. Your equipment doesn't change size or shape to match the new form, and any equipment that the new form can't wear must either fall to the ground or merge with it. Equipment that merges with the form has no effect until you leave the form.

You can transform in this way once, regaining the ability to do so on a long rest.

5th March:

First Draft
Fixed a typo in Arcane Blast ("with appears" to "which appears")

6th March:

Fixed some typos ("loose the stone" to "lose the stone" / "transofrmation" to "transformation" / "natural weapon... now count as" to "natural weapon... now counts as")
Made Arcane Blast an AoE effect to make it actually worthwhile.
Reduced the damage of the natural weapon gained from Dragonstone Transformation from 1d8 to 1d6
Added a clause about your equipment merging with you to Dragon-Kin

7th March:

Changed "dragonstone" in the flavour text at the top to "Dragonstone" as all other references treat it as a proper noun (i.e. capitalised even in the middle of a sentence).

9th March:

Equipment now merges, drops or is worn when you use Dragon-kin.

10th March:

Changed "as per Dragonstone Transformation" to "as per Dragonfang" in the 6th clause of Dragon-Kin.

13th March:

Changed the natural weapon back from 1d6 to 1d8.
Made Dragonstone Transformation have uses equal to con mod.

MoleMage
2021-03-06, 03:51 PM
Way of the Mists
(Based on the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson)
(I'm choosing to ignore the Wax and Wayne series; I know about the developments in the magic system I just think they'd make the subclass too dense to include)
The mists are yours.

In a distant world, wreathed in nocturnal mist and obscured by clouds of ash, an unusual monastic order has claimed the nighttime mists as their focus, channeling the unique powers through ten symbolic metals.

First Metals
Nobody quite remembers how the mists and the metals came to be associated, but the monks of the Way of the Mists keep that lore as they learn their powers. Choose one of the metal pairs described at the end of this subclass, such as Iron/Steel or Copper/Bronze. You gain the powers associated with that metal pairing. You learn an additional metal pairing at level 6 and again at level 11.

Allomantic Reserves
At 6th level, you learn to set aside some energy whenever you meditate. Each time you regain ki points following a rest, choose one metal pairing you know. You have an additional ki point which can only be spent to activate the powers associated with that metal pairing. At 11th level, you instead have two additional ki points in this fashion, which can be assigned to the same pairing or different pairings. At 17th level, you instead have three additional ki points.

Bonus ki points from this feature are lost whenever you complete a short or long rest.

Augur
At 11th level, you learn to tap into the power of gold to see things as they once were. You have a reserve of gold points equal to three times your monk level. You can use these points in the following ways.

As an action, you can spend any number of points to restore an equal amount of health to a creature you touch.
When making a saving throw to end an ongoing effect, you may spend 5 points from your pool to automatically succeed on that saving throw.

You refill your pool of gold points each time you complete a long rest. When assigning your bonus ki points from allomantic reserves, you can also assign them to augur. If you do so, you instead gain 3 gold points per ki point assigned. Bonus gold points gained in this fashion are not lost when you regain ki points after a short rest, but are lost following a long rest.

Atium
At 17th level, you master the most potent and rare of the metals, a unique substance known as Atium. At the end of your turn, you may spend 6 ki points to take another turn immediately. Once you have used this feature, you cannot use it again until you have completed a long rest.

You can assign bonus ki points from allomantic reserves to atium.

Each of the four basic metals is paired with a distinct alloy of itself, allowing similar but opposite results known as Pushing and Pulling. Some scholars additionally typify metals as internal versus external and categorize them as physical versus mental. Theorists have claimed that there should be similar pairings for gold and atium in the category of temporal metals, and some even believe that a fourth category of metals must exist, though none are sure what those metals might be. If these theories are accurate, there should be eight pairs of base metal and alloy for sixteen total metals. Only four pairs are known, plus gold and atium without their alloys.

Iron and Steel
Iron and steel are the external physical metals. They allow the user to manipulate metal objects at a distance, flinging small objects with lethal power or knocking over foes wearing metal.

Lurcher
When you take the Attack action on your turn, you may spend 1 or 3 ki points to make a special melee attack to pull on a creature up to 30 feet away from you. If you’re able to make multiple attacks with the Attack action, this attack replaces one of them. Instead of making an attack roll, make a Wisdom check contested by the target's Strength(Athletics) or Dexterity(Acrobatics) check (target chooses the ability to use). You are proficient in this Wisdom check. If your roll is equal to or greater than the target's, they are pulled up to 10 feet closer to you or knocked prone (your choice). If you spent 3 ki points on this feature, the target is both pulled and knocked prone.

You have advantage on the Wisdom check if the target is wearing armor made of metal or otherwise significant amounts of metal. In addition, the distance you can pull the target is increased to up to 30 feet if they are wearing armor made of metal or otherwise significant amounts of metal.

Coinshot
As an action on your turn, or as a bonus action after you take the Attack action on your turn, you may spend 1 ki point to launch small metal objects at distant foes. Up to 3 creatures within 60 feet of you, no two of which are more than 10 feet apart, must make a Dexterity saving throw against your Ki save DC. On a failed save, they take damage equal to your Martial Arts damage die plus your Wisdom bonus. On a successful save, they take no damage.

In addition, you may make ranged attacks with small metal objects in place of normal attacks. Your attack bonus with these attacks is equal to your Wisdom bonus plus your proficiency bonus, and they deal damage equal to your Martial Arts die on a hit. The attacks have the ranged (80/320) property.

Tin and Pewter
Tin and pewter are the internal physical metals. They allow the user to enhance their senses and their strength respectively.

Tineye
As a Reaction when you make an Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma saving throw or an Insight, Investigation, or Perception check, you may spend 1 ki point to gain advantage on that save or check. You can choose to use this feature after seeing the result of the first roll, but before you learn whether that roll succeeded or failed.

If you were not already proficient in that save or check, you are proficient in it when using this feature.

Pewterarm
As an action, you may spend any number of ki points, choosing one of the following options for each point you spend.

Grant yourself temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom bonus (minimum 1). You can select this option more than once. Each additional time grants the same temporary hit points again (you would get twice your Wisdom modifier, minimum 2, if you spend 2 points, three times your Wisdom modifier, minimum 3 if you spend 3, and so on).
Gain advantage on the next Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution saving throw or ability check you make in the next hour. You do not need to declare the type of roll when using this ability; it applies to the first such check or save you make in that time. You can select this option more than once. Its effects apply to an additional such check for each time you use it.
Double your carrying capacity for the next 4 hours.

Zinc and Brass
Zinc and brass are the external mental metals. Both allow the user to manipulate emotions: zinc to increase emotional response and brass to reduce it.

Rioter
As an action, you may spend 1 or more ki points to instill fear in nearby foes. A number of creatures within 60 feet of you, up to the number of ki points you spent on this ability, must make a Charisma saving throw against your Ki save DC. On a failed save, they are frightened of you for one minute or until they end their turn more than 100 feet away from you. An affected creature can repeat the save at the end of each of their turns, ending the effect on a success.

Treat using this ability as taking the Attack action on your turn for the purposes of features or abilities that can be used when you take the Attack action on your turn (such as Flurry of Blows).

Soother
As an action, you may touch a creature and spend 1 ki point. While you concentrate on this effect (as if concentrating on a spell) that creature is immune to the frightened and charmed conditions, and has resistance to psychic damage. This effect ends after a minute, or if that creature ever moves more than 100 feet away from you. You cannot target yourself with this effect.

Copper and Bronze
Copper and bronze are the internal mental metals. Copper allows the user to mask themself from magical detection or manipulation, while bronze allows the user to sense magic in their surroundings.

Smoker
As an action, you may spend 1 ki point to create a masking field known as a coppercloud around you with a radius of 30 feet. This field moves with you and lasts up to one minute or until you end it on your turn (no action required). Creatures within the area have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks, and if a spell or effect, such as Detect Magic, Detect Thoughts, or Locate Creature, would sense them, the user of that spell or effect must make an ability check using their spellcasting ability against your Ki save DC or the spell ignores the creature in the area of your coppercloud. On a failure, they are not aware that their spell was foiled.

Seeker
As an action, you may spend 1 ki point to sense magical effects near you for up to one minute. Treat this as the detect magic spell with the following additional effects: you can sense instantaneous magical effects in the area at the moment they occur, you can also sense the usage of any feature that uses ki points or consumes spell slots, such as Divine Smite or Primeval Awareness, and you can detect the school of an effect as a reaction instead of as an action. You do not need to concentrate on this effect. At the DM's discretion, other supernatural abilities, such as the gaze attack of a basilisk, might count as magical for the purposes of this feature.

Lvl 2 Expert
2021-03-07, 07:24 AM
The Masked Menace Rogue

Everything is better with a secret identity. Whether you're a lazy playboy who's also a noble vigilante, a master thief scouting targets as a dependable guard or a princess leading her own secret security detail, there's nothing quite like publicly congratulating your enemies with almost catching your very own secret alter ego.

Based on the pulp heroes of old and the super heroes that followed them. Mostly Zorro, I like Zorro, with a dash of Batman and Assassin's Creed.

Masked Menace Features

Rogue Level
Features

3rd
Alter Ego, Quick Change, No Surprises

9th
Rumored Reputation

13th
Skilled for two

17th
Superb Reputation

Alter Ego
At 3rd level you fashion, acquire or scavenge a disguise you can wear. This disguise clearly looks like a disguise, it cannot look like an unsuspecting civilian or any specific person. This disguise will over time grow into a powerful symbol. The disguise is a non-magical item that protects you from being identified as anything but your alter ego by looks and minor behavioral clues (speech pattern, style of movement) alone. When damaged or lost your disguise can be replaced with little effort given the availability of reasonably suitable materials.

Quick Change
You gain the ability to doff, don or change your disguise and/or any number of regular clothing items as a standard action. When using a full round instead (forfeiting movement and any bonus actions) you can add or remove any number of weapons to and from your outfit on top of this. You can don or doff armor in one tenth of the regular time. You can still change at this fast pace when making a Dexterity (Stealth) check to do so silently. When you're not wearing your disguise (or have just doffed it) you can attempt to hide it on your person or in your immediate vicinity as a bonus action or as a reaction to someone entering the room or line of sight using a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check.

No Surprises
You gain proficiency with Initiative rolls. In addition to this, when you're surprised by an attack you get to act in the first round as if you weren't surprised, except that in this first round only you take your turn last in the initiative order rather than on your regular turn.

Rumored Reputation
At 9th level your disguise has become a powerful symbol that will inspire your allies, strike fear into the hearts of your enemies or bolster your own confidence in your abilities. You choose to receive any one of the following benefits:
- Leading by Example: While wearing your disguise you have advantage on any Persuasion checks you make to call allies or bystanders to action.
- Fear Itself: While wearing your disguise you have advantage on any Intimidation and Deception checks you make to influence the behavior of your enemies.
- Fear not my Friends: While wearing your disguise you can stabilize any person using a bonus action as if you knew the Spare the Dying cantrip. For you this counts as a non-magical effect. This ability has no effect on undead or constructs.
- I am the Night: While wearing your disguise you bask with confidence in your ability to get out of trouble and have advantage on any Dexterity saves you roll against non-magical effects, traps and attacks.
- Chandelier Swinger: While you are wearing your disguise and there are one or more witnesses/sentient creatures that can see you (that you know of), you can use a bonus action to give yourself advantage on any Acrobatics and Athletics checks you make until the end of your turn.

Skilled for Two
At 13th level you gain proficiency with any 2 extra skills or tools and expertise with one extra skill or tool, which can be one of the newly acquired ones.

Superb Reputation
At 17th level your alter ego has become a veritable legend of the streets. You gain one of these benefits based on your choice at level 9:
- Superb Leading by Example: When within 60 feet of any allies or bystanders you successfully called into action you can use a bonus action to grant either one of these allies or bystanders or yourself advantage on any one skill check, attack of save they make before the end of their next turn.
- Superb Fear Itself: Ones per day as an action you can let out a rallying cry, oneliner or short speech that unleashes the full effect of your frightening presence. All creatures of your choice that can hear you within 30 feet of you must make a wisdom saving throw of 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier. If a creature fails its saving throw, it is considered turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take Reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to Escape from an Effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action. Ones used you regain this ability with a long rest.
- Superb Fear not my Friends: When stabilizing a person using your Fear not my Friends ability you can also grant them one Hit Point and restore them to consciousness. This ability can now be used on undead and constructs as well.
- Superb I am the Night: As a master of miraculous escapes you gain advantage on all Dexterity saving throws you roll.
- Superb Chandelier Swinger: When you give yourself advantage on Acrobatics and Athletics checks you make until the end of your turn you can still take the Dash, Disengage or Hide action as part of the same bonus action. These actions do not need to be performed at the same time during your turn, you can for instance give yourself advantage to Acrobatics and Athletics checks at the beginning of your turn and hide at the end.
Alternatively, instead of gaining one of these improved benefits, you may select any two extra options from the level 9 Rumored Reputation feature and gain those benefits instead.

MoleMage
2021-03-15, 02:09 PM
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?628592-D-amp-D-Subclass-Contest-XXI-Voting-Thread

Alright! It's actually time to vote now. Hopefully everyone used their week of extra time better than I did!

HPisBS
2021-03-15, 04:57 PM
Dang. I was just about to post my (revised) Demonic Sorcerous Origin, too.

MoleMage
2021-03-29, 06:50 PM
Hokay calling it now. Sorry for my late vote, I got caught up in yardwork yesterday during my usual computing time (darn springtime).

We had some breakout entries this time, scoring far ahead of the otherwise fairly equal distribution.

Our third place winner, with 14 points tallied, MoleMage's Way of the Mists! You don't need to eat metal, your ki has you covered.

Our second place winner, with 18 points tallied (and a whopping 4 picks for first place), Damon_Tor's Path of the Titan! I guess we all just really wanted giant weapons.

And our first place winner, with 19 points tallied (receiving a vote from 9 out of 13 voters), nickl_2000's Battling Bowman! Trick arrows like Arcane Archer wishes it had.

In the theme category we had the opposite problem, coming in at nearly a 3-way-tie! We did have a 2-way tie, meaning contests XXII and XXIII are locked in for theme now. Follow Me!'s points came in before Bunch of Fives's, so we'll do that one first. Congrats everyone! I'll get the new contest thread up in a bit here.

Voting is called, new contest is made! Let's see some leadership!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?629351-D-amp-D-Subclass-Contest-XXII-Follow-Me!-II