PDA

View Full Version : runes circle questions

Zhepna
2021-02-17, 12:11 AM
hi,

1) if I creat a rune circle (races of stone p168), can I use the Acorn of Far Travel spell to put an oak at the center of this rune circle to always have the bonus given by this circle when I have the acorn on me?

2) there are rune circles that are proposed in the book but from what I understand, I could craft a rune circle of any spell, is it the case? I would like to make one with Lesser Restoration

3) Can I put spell that doesn’t target creature into the rune circles? I would like to put control weather into the rune circle.

4) For the spell clock, are we limited to the spell listed in the description of we can use any spell?
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070312a

5) For the spell clock, in the description, it seems that it can lauch multiples spells but I don’t see an additional cost to put more than one spell into it. How does it work? Can it spam like 4 spells ?
this is the exemple that let me think that it’s possible it cast multiple spell: A spell clock might combine with a construct or guardian to create a permanently buffed creature; it casts stoneskin and spider climb every 2 hours, for example, or invisibility once per day.

6) Is there somewhere a guide comparing prices for various way to repeat spells? I’m building a city as a player and doesn’t mind if the magic items never move. I have yet to determine what is the best option. From what I see for the moment those are various options I could use but I don’t know yet which are the cheapest.

Eternal Wands
Magical traps
Drow House Insignia sorts of items
Minor Schema, from the book Magic of Eberron
Generic wondrous items that cast spells (for infinite use, using activated ones)
Spell Turret, from Dungeon Master's Guide II
Rune circle
Spell clock

If nothing exists I’ll probably analyze what is the cheapest but it’ll save so much time if it already exists.

Thanks a lot for the information and have a nice day.