PDA

View Full Version : Autohypnotism

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-08, 10:14 AM
Okay, Sunday, I decided to try out autohypnotism. At first, when I tried it, it felt like I was watching a movie, nothing really felt.

Well today, I hit a new rate of Hypnotic Susceptibility. I found that I actually followed the commands, even when I decided to play around and resist. I couldn't I couldn't open my eyes, they felt like they were glued. I couldn't move my limbs, I couldn't do anything such. And so I decided to just wait it out, and then I realized that I was actually doing the commands as he says them. It shocked me that I was repeating the words, opening my eyes on command and everything.

Don't you usually have amnesia when you get to that level of being hypnotized? Maybe I have hit the step beyond this one once before, and just don't remember it. Last night when I sat down to do it, I can remember starring at the screen, ((I opeted to use Windows Media Player's visualizations for a spiral and focus. It helps you see the words, and overall feel them.)), I remember seeing the visualization and then bam! I woke up when my mom came in my room complaining about how I could sleep next to my computer with headphones on.

Odd, but effective, I wonder what I could do with Autohypnosis...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-08, 11:34 AM
You can do quite a bit, I believe, but be careful of letting others play in your head. I can point you to some friends who have experience with hypnosis if you'd like. I don't have the contacts I once did, but I still know some people.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-11-08, 12:00 PM
You sure this doesn't belong in the gaming forum?

Sorry, it shouldn't be hard to treat this seriously. I mean, climb is also a skill in D&D but I wouldn't treat a thread on mountain climbing like this.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-08, 01:42 PM
I'm absolutely serious about it. It's an intense form of concentration that you, yourself may have experienced. It's like playing a video game so in deptly, that you can't hear you're parent's calling for you, or driving a car so often, that you don't realize that you're doing it. ((I've actually blacked out from driving before, it was weird when I looked up and suddenly I was much closer to home than I last remember.))

It is a real thing, I tell you, so long as you don't remain skeptical of it.

Castaras
2007-11-08, 01:54 PM
*shudders* Hypnotism unnerves me.

I'll take your word for it Rex. Not like I'm going to try it. <.<

bugsysservant
2007-11-08, 01:58 PM
I don't suppose you have some information, or a link to a page about autohypnosis? I know what it is in general, and I have always wanted to try it, but I don't know the specifics and am curious.

Reinboom
2007-11-08, 02:01 PM
I have had interest in attempting autohypnosis before as well. I've attempted it about two years ago (my high school actually paid for a hypnotist to come and teach as many who was willing...), but didn't do much. I only managed to get to the point of being forced to feel something not intense (such as 'feel warmer').

Oh - yeh - and also, what are you following/information you're going by to do this?

SDF
2007-11-08, 02:05 PM
I think learning to do hypnotism would be really interesting, but I'm not sure I would be up to autohypnotism.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-08, 02:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnosis#Variations
I found information on wikipedia...

And followed it to http://www.cheetu.com/self-hypnosis.html

His English isn't the best, but I do believe the method is working, so isn't that all that matters?

Artemis97
2007-11-08, 02:11 PM
Interesting...I've actually used that walking down the 10 steps method once before. I wonder if I could use this to get myself to Lucid Dream again, but that's another subject.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-11-08, 02:54 PM
I've tried it, but my brain won't shut up long enough to properly relax. I have a running dialogue of

Okay, neat. I'm gonna relax. Okay, lay still, be calm. Focus on the feet. Feet feeling relaxed....hmmm...they feel kinda relaxed, but not like they should be, oh wait...shoot...relaxing feeling moving to legs now...no, no...not feeling it...oh SHOCK my leg itches, can it itch and be relaxed? ....Awww, shoot, now my arms are supposed to be relaxed, but its busy scratching my leg. DAMN! Now I'm behind and not relaxing because I'm worried that I'm behind on where I'm supposed to be relaxed.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-11-08, 03:22 PM
Yeah, Llama, it was like that the first time as well, just gotta keep trying.The first step in autohypnsis is to work up your susceptibility to it.

sktarq
2007-11-10, 03:09 PM
Being able to use Autohypnosis has major benefits. Anger Managment for instance becomes easier, Want to break that smoking habit? How about ignore the fact you have had a significant burn on your arm for a couple hours, the endorphins are wearing off and it hurts like hell? Insomnia? Autohypnosis has been shown to help with this allot. Not all use any tapes/CD or other outside bits it litterly becomes self sugestion. I got into it for a while got what I wanted from it and largly ignored it since-though the cut on my hand two weeks ago made me glad I did.