PDA

View Full Version : Maneuver Recommendations

Catullus64
2021-02-17, 01:46 PM
What the title says. Recommendations of maneuvers for a new character, set to play in an upcoming one-shot game. Both PHB and TCE maneuvers are on the table.

Character is a Monk (Shadow) 8/Fighter (Battlemaster) 3. With DM permission, I've got access to the Ki-Fueled Attack and Dedicated Weapon variant features from TCE. I've also got the Blind Fighting style, mostly for a potent combination with Darkness from Shadow Arts. Race is Wood Elf, if that matters, without customization.

For feats, I've picked up Mobile (just because I never make a melee character without it, if possible) and Slasher (for use with Dedicated Weapon - Longsword).

I don't have much in the way of build specifics, but I know the other party members will be a Conjuration Wizard, an Alchemist Artificer, and a Beast Barbarian.

Not directly relevant to maneuvers, but I also have access to one Uncommon or Common item of choice from Tasha's. Advice on that front would also be appreciated.

Darc_Vader
2021-02-17, 09:05 PM
The usual go to of Precision Strike is less useful with lots of small attacks and also Blind Fighting+Darkness for advantage. You also probably want to avoid anything that takes a bonus action (so commanders and feinting strike). Riposte could allow for some cheeky off turn stuns, but the big ones I’d say would be Goading and/or Menacing: with Mobile especially, Menacing can just outright prevent a melee enemy from engaging at all. You could also take Ambush for some ridiculous Stealth modifier stacking with PWT.

Gignere
2021-02-17, 09:10 PM
Brace is probably good for another reaction attack that triggers when an enemy closes.

I also like quick toss, you can toss a monk weapon but it does take your bonus action.

Trip attack will also combo well with slasher. Hit someone with trip attack and slasher procs so -10 feet, than enemy need to spend half movement to get up. Enemies with 30 feet move will be down to 10 feet.