PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Most likely draconic bloodline for a Lands of the Linnorm Kings native to have?

Arkhios
2021-02-17, 01:56 PM
Hi,

I've learned so far that at least some Copper Dragons are said to live within or near Trollheim, but is there any information as to which draconic bloodlines someone who is native to Lands of the Linnorm Kings would be most likely to have?

Specifically I'm looking for this because I have a character that is to become a dragon disciple and I want it to feel appropriate considering his origins.

Eldonauran
2021-02-17, 02:28 PM
Well, take a look at the general geography and climates. That will tell you which types of dragons would probably make their home in that kind of area. Off the top of my head, we are dealing with colder, somewhat dryish tundra areas with mountains. White dragons are the most likely to make the area home. Though, as the name implies, Linnorns are more likely to call the place home. They tend to be very ... territorial, especially with the 'true' dragons.

Either way, any kind of dragon could make its home there. It would tend to require a reason they aren't in their typical habitats.

Seto
2021-02-17, 02:31 PM
If your character happens to be from the Linnorm Kingdom of the Ironbound Islands, a Brine Dragon named Rezlarabren lives nearby (see Dragons Unleashed or the wiki). She's an enemy of the Ulfen so she's unlikely to have mated with them, but you could always explain it away in your backstory.

Also, she was born in the colder parts of the Linnorm Kingdom and moved south to the Ironbound Islands, which implies there are other Brine Dragons near the northern coasts.

Arkhios
2021-02-17, 03:06 PM
Suffice to say, I did consider white or maybe silver dragon, but I thought that maybe I should ask for more insight that I may not have, as Lands of the Linnorm Kings are somewhat unfamiliar to me, even though I know it's supposed to be somewhat an allegory to Scandinavia and Western Russia as they were during the viking age. It's kinda funny really, because I have keen interest to everything 'Old Norse' and I've played several Ulfens in PFS for over ten years since Season 0, and still I have not gotten very familiar with their native homeland's lore.

Scots Dragon
2021-02-17, 03:10 PM
White dragon's pretty likely. They're fairly common in the cold mountain regions that dominate much of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings

Palanan
2021-02-17, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Arkhios
Suffice to say, I did consider white or maybe silver dragon….

White dragons seem to be the most common in that region, but p. 17 mentions a silver dragon named Avaleru, who guards an Ulfen grave mound called Hero’s Rest. The text claims that “rumors persist in Hagreach of a mysterious silver-haired woman who sometimes grants magical boons to kind and mannerly Ulfen.”

So, interesting silver dragon with a connection to Ulfen history and who, plausibly, could be kindly disposed towards an especially dashing and thoughtful individual. Sounds like a good backstory to me.

Another Handle
2021-02-17, 03:57 PM
I imagine it'd be the Linnorm Wildblood option for the Draconic Bloodline that would be the most common.

Arkhios
2021-02-17, 04:02 PM
I imagine it'd be the Linnorm Wildblood option for the Draconic Bloodline that would be the most common.

I'm not interested in specific archetype choices per se. Merely flavor. Like this:

White dragons seem to be the most common in that region, but p. 17 mentions a silver dragon named Avaleru, who guards an Ulfen grave mound called Hero’s Rest. The text claims that “rumors persist in Hagreach of a mysterious silver-haired woman who sometimes grants magical boons to kind and mannerly Ulfen.”

So, interesting silver dragon with a connection to Ulfen history and who, plausibly, could be kindly disposed towards an especially dashing and thoughtful individual. Sounds like a good backstory to me.

I like that. A lot.