PDA

View Full Version : Triton Paladin/Sorcerer multiclass for Rime of the Frostmaiden

Mwhawk2
2021-02-17, 10:12 PM
All,

I am working on an idea for a Triton Paladin (conquest or Ancients) and am considering multiclassing. Given that ROTF goes up to level 12, I’m wondering what advice you all might have on what combinations, starting primarily with Paladin, might synergize best with which sorcerer subclass? Again I’m leaning hard towards Ancients or Conquest and have been researching Storms and Shadow (looking at a Sea or storm deity as his god). Any advice/guidance you may have is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Keravath
2021-02-18, 09:17 PM
It all depends on how you want the character to play.

You could go with anything from Paladin 2/Sorcerer X to paladin 6 or 7/Sorcerer X to Paladin 11/Sorcerer X depending on how you want the character to play.

Paladin 2 relies on booming blade + quickened booming blade for melee attacks and will have more spell slots and greater versatility

Paladin 6/7 - has extra attack and auras - the sorcerer levels then provide enhanced versatility an maybe a couple of additional spell slots for smites

Paladin 11 - has additional auras and improved divine smite - sorcerer only provides cantrips, 1st level spell options like shield and a scaling ranged attack like firebolt if the campaign ends at 12.

P.S. The Aberrant Mind sorcerer class from Tasha's has some great features (particularly the enhanced spell selection). Shadow sorcerer has the darkness+devils sight trick for darkness cast using sorcery points.

HolyAvenger7
2021-02-19, 11:52 AM
I am about to start with a Triton paladin as well, with a sorcadin multiclass always the later consideration. I am leaning towards Oath of the Watchers in this one, first to play a new subclass, but also for the CD. Watcher's Will should be good for the saves and I've heard there are at least some extraplanar foes. Triton is a good choice due to a section of water adventure and cold resistance. I'm following to see what other advice is given.