PDA

View Full Version : Themed Challenge for a Funnel

DMThac0
2021-02-19, 04:49 PM
I'm creating a funnel for my players and I've decided to theme it after "Tall Tales: Paul Bunyan". This is meant to be VERY over the top, weird and entertaining. It is also meant to be very challenging, with the intent to whittle down 16 level 0 characters to 4ish. I'm making it a 5 room dungeon with a "break room" for the 3rd room.

I am having a moment of writer's block, I cannot think of something to put into room 2 that would fit the theme and I was wondering if any of you might have an idea?

---

Room 1: They must stop a mechanical "blue ox". Basically it's a 15ft tall mechanical bull that you would see in bars and such that people try to ride on. They have rope, weapons, and their wits to over come this challenge. The bull has a gore attack and a breath weapon. The gore attack is 2d6 damage, the breath weapon reduces their speed by half. The rope is the gimmick here, each time they get a rope around the neck of the blue ox, it slows down. When they get 4 ropes around it's neck, they must maintain them for 3 rounds and the blue ox stops moving and they win. They could also reduce it to 0 hp, but it has an AC of 15 and 48 hp, so it'll be a difficult task.

Room 2:

Room 3: Break room

Room 4: They must climb trees to find the hidden key to open the door to the next room. While climbing the trees, angry squirrels wearing lumberjack outfits will be throwing objects at them trying to knock them out of the trees. If they fail their save, they fall and take falling damage and, if they're unlucky enough, fall through the ice covered floor and into some nasty ice spikes.

Room 5: They must defeat a chainsaw wielding Blue Minotaur. It's a normal fight until the minotaur gets to 50% hp, at that point in time it "rages" and damage is reduced by half. They can use the large trees around them, cutting them down with magical axes, to pin the minotaur to the floor exposing a weak spot they can attack for regular damage.