PDA

View Full Version : Guessing [SOD] Xykon's ring

Vovix
2021-02-19, 11:23 PM
Calling it now, the reason Xykon had the ring that protected him from Right-Eye's positive energy Sneak Attack dagger was because
Serini had a similar dagger when he fought her. Either she hit him with an unexpected Sneak Attack during the fight and afterwards he decided to patch up that weakness for the future, or he bought/crafted the ring in advance knowing he'd be facing an epic-level rogue and that positive energy Sneak Attacks are the only good way she has of seriously threatening him.

grandpheonix
2021-02-19, 11:32 PM
Sounds plausible

Defiantnight
2021-02-23, 03:16 AM
Aren't undead immune to sneak attacks already?

Fyraltari
2021-02-23, 05:57 AM
Aren't undead immune to sneak attacks already?

Right-Eye, a goblin Rogue, acquired a dagger infused with positive energy that, alledgedly, allowed sneak attacks on undead creature for the purpose of killing Xykon.

hamishspence
2021-02-23, 06:44 AM
Yup. I do wonder how Xykon's ring works if it exists. Possibly a custom item,

granting the most powerful version of Fortification (normally only found on armour) and positive energy resistance as well.

KorvinStarmast
2021-02-23, 09:00 AM
Sauron had a more interesting ring. I bet that chaps Xykon's adze.

Ionathus
2021-02-23, 10:47 AM
Feels plausible to me, especially because it feels like Xykon is the type who needs to learn certain lessons the hard way. Even if Serini never got close to killing him, it'd make more sense that he'd learned from the encounter and got the ring afterwards, rather than planning ahead.

Xykon's style is very "kick-in-the-door": I don't see him planning ahead for a measly rogue, even an epic-level one. "Sneak Attacks don't work on me, I can handle this on my own" and then suddenly "goddamn it, I forgot how much pain tends to hurt! (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0459.html)"

Dire_Flumph
2021-02-23, 11:23 AM
Sauron had a more interesting ring. I bet that chaps Xykon's adze.

If you need some craft jewelry to get ultimate power, you never had it in the first place!

Plus he let it get stolen by a halfling, the chump.

Fyraltari
2021-02-23, 12:48 PM
If you need some craft jewelry to get ultimate power, you never had it in the first place!
Well that's the point, he was stealing the Elves' power.

No, he didn't, a man sawed his finger off his corpse after impaling him on a broken sword.

KorvinStarmast
2021-02-23, 02:42 PM
If you need some craft jewelry to get ultimate power, you never had it in the first place! That's a Xykon sounding qoute. :smallcool:

It was cut from his hand by a king wielding a magical sword. :smallyuk:

littlebum2002
2021-02-23, 02:44 PM
Sauron had a more interesting ming. I bet that chaps Xykon's adze.

FTFY (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0415.html) ............