PDA

View Full Version : Account Deletion

Khantalas
2007-11-08, 05:01 PM
Is it possible for the deletion of my account as well as all the posts connected to it?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-11-08, 05:34 PM
It is possible, but I think it is considered to be too disruptive, so I doubt it will happen unless you have a really really really good reason.

B-Man
2007-11-08, 05:40 PM
I do believe that the admin do not like deleting accounts. The reason escapes me though.

Zherog
2007-11-08, 05:57 PM
Because it messes up the database.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-08, 10:57 PM
Because it messes up the database.
And if the posts are deleted too, it also messes with the heads of folks reading old threads.

Serpentine
2007-11-09, 01:18 AM
Why do you want to remove any trace of your presence here anyway, Khan? :smalleek:

Quincunx
2007-11-09, 06:00 AM
he's embarrassed

From a techie point of view, deleting an account tends to delete all threads started by that account, which will upset someone, somewhere, who posted valuable posts in it. From this board's philosophy, not even the most chronic offensive posters get their accounts deleted, merely locked. There is no precedent, and little opportunity for change.

You can't efface your e-presence here. At best, you can search for your last 500 posts and manually delete them. At worst, you'll draw sufficient attention to yourself by doing that, someone will put "Remember Khantalas!" in their signature, adding a memorial you can't alter.

Rawhide
2007-11-09, 06:56 AM
he's embarrassed

From a techie point of view, deleting an account tends to delete all threads started by that account, which will upset someone, somewhere, who posted valuable posts in it. From this board's philosophy, not even the most chronic offensive posters get their accounts deleted, merely locked. There is no precedent, and little opportunity for change.

You can't efface your e-presence here. At best, you can search for your last 500 posts and manually delete them. At worst, you'll draw sufficient attention to yourself by doing that, someone will put "Remember Khantalas!" in their signature, adding a memorial you can't alter.

And we would be very upset if you tried that as we would need to restore those posts from a backup. Khan, if you really want us to, please send me a PM and I can close your account.