PDA

View Full Version : The Medieval dead IC

Zalphier
2021-02-22, 12:28 PM
Room by room, floor by floor, it'd been a long and grueling process clearing out the old keep as kobolds had seemingly infested almost every nook and cranny of it. The little monsters had fought tooth and nail about it too, tenacious in their numbers, traps, and occasional ambushes, but they'd failed. Sure a close call here or there, a few deadly surprises, but none of the tricks these monsters tried could seem to overtake this party. Never-the-less though, clearing out the first and second floors along with the tower had taken up most of the day and left everyone worn down. Finding the old barracks defensible enough, the party made camp for the night so they could be rested and ready for the trials and troubles ahead as the last area left to clear would be the cellar and dungeon.

That had been the prior days events, now the party has rested and prepared. Gear has been checked, armor donned, spells prepared and weapons readied as they all stand outside the last door to the cellar. Beyond lay the leader of these foul beast and whatever tricks they may be hiding as a final means of finishing off the adventurers. The door had already been checked for traps, unlocked, and de-barred, all that was left was to push it open.

In your initial post, please include the order that your characters are in so I know who's first and such.

Link to OOC thread: (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?627457-The-Medieval-dead-OOC&p=24939937#post24939937)
Players:
1) Sandy Andy playing Cassius Meridus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2403366)
2) Gryffydd65 playing Michael Wallace (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2403115)
3) Kvard51 playing Moon Shining on the Path (Moon) (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2403484)
4) Balanthejakal playing Mirielle (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2403886)
5) Bansheexero playing Garon Blackstone (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2404969)

gryffydd65
2021-02-22, 03:42 PM
Michael Wallace took the last spot in the order as he was very prone to setting off traps if he took the front. He used his excellent dark vision to look around and see if anything was unusual. I have your backs now protect my front. After all it is my better side.

SandyAndy
2021-02-22, 07:28 PM
Cassius, true to form, wanted to take the lead. If there are scaly creatures to destroy then by gods he would do it, but took the prudent course of letting a more perceptive comrade take point. Still, he is right behind them, able to reach out with his halberd to take down any threats to the front.

Let me know if you smell one of them scaly blighters! And did we identify that mask? If it's one of them that lets you see in the dark, I call it.

Bansheexero
2021-02-22, 11:47 PM
Gruff and ready, Garon hoists his Waraxe, taking point. The dwarf is thick and tough, his body looking like a giant scarred callous, that is where it appears beneath his armor. "Whatever is in there will have to come through me. Let's carve it to pieces and then proceed to burn said pieces!!!

balanthejakal
2021-02-22, 11:58 PM
Holding her hand out and making a flame appear Mirielle makes the flame dance. Taking the place in front of Michael she smiles. "Lets make these scaly freaks scream!"

Zalphier
2021-02-24, 03:23 PM
The door is stiff, and takes a bit of force the push open on the old rusted hinges that squeak and groan under the weight. It also feels as if something is in front of the door as it's pushed open, something that leaves a dark rustic red smear on the stone ground as it's shoved back by the door. The fire from Mirielle's spell lets all see a short ways into the otherwise dark room, revealing more darkened splatters along the ground near the door and presumably beyond as a wave of rancid fumes escape through the new opening. Otherwise though, there was no visible movement aside from a dripping sound.

For those with darkvision that could see further though, and everyone once they enter the room properly and Mirielle's flame can fill the space with light, this only scratched the surface of the visage. What was once something of a store room as evidence by the smashed remnants of barrels, crates, and shelves could have passed for a butcher's shop with blood and bits of meat coating most of the walls and floor. Beyond the broken or knocked over shelves that bore the signs of some kind of battle was another heavy looking wooden door, coated in nicks, gashes, and blood, but still closed. A small barred viewing window marked this as the likely entrance to the actual dungeons and separated this cellar from them. In the back left corner of the room, there was also a small sized tunnel bored up through the earth and stone into the cellar, equally coated in the same pulp as the rest of the entire room.

Going to need a DC15 con save to keep from getting sick from that wave of rancid rot smell

gryffydd65
2021-02-24, 07:41 PM
Michael almost lost his footing when the wave of rotting flesh over came him. 1d20+2

gryffydd65
2021-02-24, 07:42 PM
[roll0] try to see if it will work.

SandyAndy
2021-02-24, 08:24 PM
Rolling constitution
[roll0]

Bansheexero
2021-02-24, 09:27 PM
Garon covers his nose, walking through the meat pulp. Noticing the tunnel in the back of the room, he mucks over to take a better look at it.

Constitution save [roll0]
Perception check [roll1]

balanthejakal
2021-02-25, 02:09 AM
Mirielle crunches her nose in disgust at the smell. "This definitely doesn't seem right!" 1d20

balanthejakal
2021-02-25, 02:11 AM
Trying again since apparently I didn't do it correctly before.

[roll0]

SandyAndy
2021-02-25, 11:25 AM
Cassius vomits to the side of the door and takes a minute to catch his breath. After recovering, he starts moving to the right side of the room and searching for anything that would explain what happened.

Investigation[roll0]

Gods above! I've never seen the lizards do anything like this! What do you think this is? A slaughter room?

gryffydd65
2021-02-25, 12:40 PM
Cassius missed so I will roll resistance. [roll0].Michael missed [roll1]

gryffydd65
2021-02-25, 12:42 PM
Rolling for garon as well[roll0] well that didn't help anyone.

gryffydd65
2021-02-25, 12:45 PM
Michael enters with the others and vomits to the side. His shield ready and his war hammer in his belt. None of his spells seemed to help him or his trusted companions.

Zalphier
2021-02-25, 01:06 PM
As the group pushes into the blood drenched room, all but Mirielle succumb to the nauseating stench of the space as they choke and gag on the rancid air. When it has a chance to filter out through the open door and the party pushes deeper in through space to fully take stock of the destruction in the room. Most of the crates, barrels, and shelves have been emptied, broken, or both under the stains that now coat nearly all of the room.

As Cassius moves about looking for a source of the devastation, the only thing that sounds out is that it was a particularly brutal fight around the far door that leads towards the dungeons. There the blood is noticeably thicker in its pool and there is a higher concentration of... chunks. There also a few broken fragments of weapons on the ground as well. The tips of a few arrows, and a couple broken spears.

Meanwhile, Garon's investigation of the tunnel reveals little other than it looks to have been well worn with traffic. Like the rest of the room, the tunnel too bears an abundance of dark, rustish red blood covering its sides and leading down until his vision is cut off by a right turn. One thing his inspection does reveal though born partially from his times spent fighting kobolds would be that this tunnel is larger than what a kobold would need while the walls of it are surprisingly smooth.

Map! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xqxlyHj59CQPQLbIObDkEOLlCCldn18XitotNR5sWtA/edit?usp=sharing)

balanthejakal
2021-02-25, 03:43 PM
Mirielle ignores her companions nausea as she goes up to the door and attempts to open it.

Zalphier
2021-02-26, 03:20 AM
The door is locked and doesn't budge with Mirielle's attempts at it. As she draws near it though, she can peer through the barred window near the top of the door and thanks to the vision from her pact, she's able to see inside. Beyond the door stand the floor to ceiling iron bars that make up the four cells as well as more crates, that while damaged, are still mostly intact. There are also kobolds in this room, five of them with a winged one in the back and their eyes are all watching the door that light from her fire is flooding through the small window. In the next moment, four of the kobolds in the room launch stones from their slings. Three of the projectiles bounce off the heavy door, but one sails through the opening, striking Mirielle.

Alright, let's get some initiative rolls going.
Also, just to elaborate Balanthejakal/Mirielle, since they could only see you through the small opening, I upped the effective AC to 20, so only 1 shot actually got through for 4 damage.

Kobold initiative:
[roll0]

Updated map: (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xqxlyHj59CQPQLbIObDkEOLlCCldn18XitotNR5sWtA/edit#gid=0)

gryffydd65
2021-02-26, 01:34 PM
Michael hears the sound of thuds against the door and moves towards it so he can help Mirielle.1d20-1

SandyAndy
2021-02-26, 02:49 PM
Hearing the stones thudding against the door, Cassius runs to find some Kobolds to kill!

Rolling initiative [roll0]

gryffydd65
2021-02-26, 03:13 PM
Initiative for Michael [roll0]

balanthejakal
2021-02-26, 04:58 PM
Initiative for Mirielle. [roll0]

Bansheexero
2021-02-27, 07:19 PM
Initiative roll for Garon [roll0]

gryffydd65
2021-02-27, 08:06 PM
Attack order Garon, Cassius, Mireille, kobolds, Michael.

Zalphier
2021-02-27, 09:48 PM
The kobolds see to reloading their slings after the volley, but hold their shots for now to see if another stands in front of the small barred window in the door. The winged one in the back barks out a few orders in draconic, but otherwise does nothing for the moment.

Bansheexero
2021-02-28, 03:01 AM
Garon moves to the side of Mirielle, away from the door and back to the wall. He motions to her to stand opposite of him. As he does, he speaks in hushed tones, "I wouldn't stand where they can pelt ya, lass. We need to get the door down before we get them, unless any of you have a better idea. We can hack it down and then proceed. We may also want to check that tunnel over there, make sure they don't flank us, maybe find a way around their little siege."

Garon moves to the near side of Mirielle, and motions to swing his axe at the door in order to avoid getting pelted. Not sure if readying an action is a thing in 5e, but waiting for her to clear before starting at the door.

balanthejakal
2021-02-28, 06:57 AM
Mirielle moves off to the side of the door and waves Garson forward "Shows me for being curious"

Mirielle will hold an eldritch blast for when the door is opened.

Zalphier
2021-02-28, 12:01 PM
As Mirielle steps to the side, Garon gets his chance at the door. Despite the door itself being a hardy old wood, the neglected and rusted lock comes apart easily with a few swings, leaving the door to simply be pushed open as it won't open on its own due to the weight.

balanthejakal
2021-02-28, 09:35 PM
Mirielle will open the door, cast Eldritch blast at the winged one,, and move off to the side of the door to let someone else go into the room first.

Blast attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Zalphier
2021-02-28, 10:35 PM
Mirielle's spell sales across the room through the now open door and smacks solidly into the winged kobold who let's out a pain filled yelp.

SandyAndy
2021-03-01, 02:23 PM
THE BLACK BATTALION!

Cassius rushes in and swings his halberd at the first Kobold as hard as he can.

to hit 1d20+5 damage on hit [roll0]

SandyAndy
2021-03-01, 02:24 PM
re-rolling to hit because I screwed up the code and couldn't fix it in edit. [roll0]

Zalphier
2021-03-03, 06:53 AM
Cassius rushes in with his battle cry, but the halberd only smacks into the wooden crate as the kobold ducks out of the way of the vicious strike.

SandyAndy
2021-03-03, 07:13 PM
Cassius wrenches the blade of his halberd out of the crate and prepares for the next attack.

ONE BEHIND THE CRATE! YOU'RE CLEAR TO ME!

Can I use any remaining movement to take cover behind the crate or am I stuck here? Either way is good.

Zalphier
2021-03-04, 12:00 AM
Cassius's bold charge has the kobolds squarely focusing him as the one on the other side of the crate he'd ducked behind (granting 3/4 cover from the rest) ran around to take a stab at him with its dagger. The small but surprisingly sharp blade manages to find a gap in the armor and sinks deep into the flesh. With the wound made, the kobold signals to the others that fire their next volley of sling bullets. Most skim the crate or fly over it, but one manages to strike the top of Cassius's head with a painful crack and drawing a fair bit of blood.

The winged kobold however doesn't join the fray of them focusing on Cassius's mostly hidden form, and instead sets its' sights on Michael. It chants something in draconic before pointing towards him. In the air around the tiny creature's hand, crystal like concentrations of magic solidify into being before flying across the room to strike him square in the chest at the same time.

Numbering the kobolds to make identifying them a bit easier
Cassius is taking 4 damage from Kobold 1's dagger and then 8 from Kobold 5's critical slight bullet for a grand total of 12 damage
Michael is the unfortunate target of all three bolts of a magic missile for 3 damage each, or 9 total

Updated map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xqxlyHj59CQPQLbIObDkEOLlCCldn18XitotNR5sWtA/edit#gid=0)

gryffydd65
2021-03-04, 01:24 AM
Michael reels back in pain as the three darts strike him. He brings up a spell and aims at the winged kobold.

Zalphier
2021-03-04, 04:16 PM
[roll0]

The winged kobold looks quizzically at Michael as he continues not only standing but begins a spell of his own, and fails to move out of the way as the searing holy fires descend on his small frame, taking the brunt of the spell. After it though, the kobold continues standing defiantly and looking back maliciously.

Bansheexero
2021-03-04, 10:06 PM
Garon wades into the room, axe in hand. He maneuvers into a flanking position with one of the kobolds that had struck Cassius, swinging his weapon in a scything arc.

Move to L14 and attack Kobolds 1.
Not sure if there are any advantages to non-rogues for flanking in 5e, as they removed most straight numerical buffs.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] slashing
If crit add [roll2] damage

SandyAndy
2021-03-05, 01:03 AM
Cassius roars as he swings his halberd at the nearest Kobold with all his might.

To hit [roll0] Damage [roll1]

SandyAndy
2021-03-05, 01:25 PM
Seeing that the Kobold is distracted, Cassius swings a second time.

I can't add rolls in edits so here is my advantage to-hit roll [roll0] We can use my initial damage roll of 9 slashing damage if that's okay.

Zalphier
2021-03-05, 01:57 PM
As the kobold came to be flanked by both Cassius and Garon, fear dawned on its features just before the weapons came flying. Cassius's halberd proves the faster in arcing slash and the kobold is barely able to pull itself out of the way. This however only put it in line with Garon's descending axe the cut deeply into the creature's skull. The kobold barely get's out a gasp as it goes limp under the blow and crumples to the ground dead.

Updated map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xqxlyHj59CQPQLbIObDkEOLlCCldn18XitotNR5sWtA/edit#gid=0)

Michael
Mirielle

Kobolds
Cassius
Garon

Meanwhile Michael unleashes a retaliatory guiding bolt that unfortunately hits the wall behind the winged kobold when he side steps the magical attack.

Zalphier
2021-03-11, 12:32 PM
Attack: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Mirielle peaks around the corner of the door and fires off an eldritch blast that smacks into the another of the kobolds. The monster however still stands.

Zalphier
2021-03-11, 12:54 PM
Having just saw the other kobold get killed and injured by Mirielle, the kobold turns about on the spot and dashes back for some more cover. The other three let him pass but then close in and fire off their next round of sling bullets, this time at Garon since he's not behind any cover.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Each stone that hits will do 4 damage.

Meanwhile, the winged kobold continues to focus on magically fighting Michael. A mote of fire forms in the tiny claw and it hurls this at Michael with an angry hiss.

Attack: [roll3]
Dmg: [roll4]

Bansheexero
2021-03-12, 10:26 PM
Garon advances on one of the nearby kobolds, climbing a crate to swing his axe down upon its head.

Moving to L17 and attacking the Kobold.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] plus [roll2] slashing damage
If crit add [roll3] plus [roll4] damage

SandyAndy
2021-03-13, 03:26 PM
Cassius pushes his crate forward to keep cover until he can see a Kobold to his right. He shouts MOVE FORWARD! as he swings his halberd down on the scaly beast!

Rolling against Kobold 4 to hit [roll0] and damage [roll1]

Zalphier
2021-03-15, 10:11 AM
As Garon and Cassius push their advance, Michael casts his next spell in his magical dual with the winged kobold. A brief incant, a pinch of sand tossed to the air, and some fantastic finger wagging conjure an almost invisible cloud that descends not only on the winged kobold but the two in front of him as well. All three slowly crumble to the ground under the effects of the magical sleep.

Or at least all three would have had Garon not nearly beheaded one with his axe swing while atop the crate, or Cassius impaling the one in front of his as his initial target was already felled. Both of these kobold fell with a more impactful thud as their ability to gently lower themselves for the magically induced nap was lost. The last visible kobold realizing that it was the only one still standing lets out a scared yip before bolting across the floor. Mirielle takes a shot at it with her eldritch blast in passing...

[roll0]
[roll1]
Smacking into the kobold with a crack, the creature let's out a cry of excruciating pain but remains on its feet, intent to still flee supposedly to where the last kobold was presumably hiding behind the crate. The winged one remains sleeping on the floor under the spell's effect.

Zalphier
2021-03-17, 01:06 PM
Michael casts one final sacred flame, bathing the fleeing kobold in radiant holy light before scorching the evil beast with glorious incandescence. Body charred by the holy energies, it falls to the ground dead. All that is left now is the winged kobold still under the effects of magical sleep on the ground and possibly the one who fled towards the back. However, once anyone gets close enough to see behind the crate, they can discover an open trapdoor with weak and rickety looking ladder, leading further down into the dark.

That does it for the first combat of the session, well done everyone. Feel free to post as desired.

Bansheexero
2021-03-18, 12:21 AM
"Now tha' we got the wee scaly bits down, we may want to check to see where this trap door leads. I'll let ya get all your bits and baubles in order, but I'll take point. No sense in any of you lads or lassies gettin' chewed up before you can see what's comin'."

gryffydd65
2021-03-18, 01:32 PM
I see just fine in the light or in the dark. My god of twilight is always there to help me see. But lead on, I have your back. Michael says as he gathers his thoughts for another battle.

SandyAndy
2021-03-18, 08:52 PM
Cassius begins looking for a torch to begin searching. He keeps a careful watch for traps and tricks, knowing the reptile's penchant for such things.

Right. I'll start on them crates. Keep an eye out while searchin'. I don't know what's going on here but it don't fit Kobolds. Somethin' is off.

Zalphier
2021-03-19, 08:26 AM
As Michael and Garon descend the rickety old ladder it groans, creaks and cracks ominously with every step, but manages to hold together as they reach the bottom. It's not a very long way down either, maybe around ten feet in total to find themselves standing in a slightly rough looking tunnel. It too doesn't appear to be kobold made, much too tall and with old wooden supports at semi-regular intervals. A short ways away from their point of entry is a smaller perpendicular tunnel that intersects with the main one. Both sides of the intersecting tunnel descend sharply with no visible supports or the time worn trail that the main tunnel has. There is also a fresh splattering of blood on the ground in the middle of the intersection that reaches up to some of the walls.

The crates that Cassius search through in the room are mostly empty except for one that has what remains of some almost rancid looking food stores. Whatever preservation methods were used on the rations seem to be at about their end, yet a vast majority of the sort-of food does appear to have been eaten.

Bansheexero
2021-03-21, 12:15 PM
Garon pauses at the intersection to analyze the blood and determine what he can from its possible source and how recently it was left.

Survival [roll0]

gryffydd65
2021-03-21, 04:49 PM
What do you think is causing all this fresh blood? Michael says looking down the halls with his 300 feet darkvision.

Zalphier
2021-03-22, 07:42 AM
The blood Garon investigates is fresh, as if it'd been left there just moments ago, and while it might be hard to differentiate it from any other blood, it could very easily be from the kobold who'd ran down here near the start of the fight.

Despite Michael's superior darkvision, even he only sees the tunnel going on for a ways before turning and becoming obscured by the stone and dirt that makes up its walls.

gryffydd65
2021-03-22, 11:34 AM
Michael heads back up. We have tunnels down here,
that winged one is only sleeping can you take care of it before you join us. he heads back down the ladder.

Bansheexero
2021-03-22, 10:00 PM
Garon finishes examining the blood and calls to Michael, "Well, I don't like this one bit. It's fresh a'right, a bit too fresh. It most likely belongs to that scaly bit tha' fled down here. Where'd it go? Or possibly, where is the rest of its body? If something attacked it, where is the attacker? It seems there should be a body here, or at the very least a trail of blood to follow."

Zalphier
2021-03-23, 09:42 AM
As if on que, or just in response to all the talking, the ground starts to rumble lightly. It's not significant enough to truly call it an earthquake or a risk of cave in as some of the more loose dirt is shook loose and falls to the ground. As Garon is still standing close to the intersection, he'd be able to catch a glimpse of something move across on of the downward sloping tunnels at his side, something large that obscured the smaller tunnel for but a moment. Then another rumble happens, this one feels closer and the shakes knock loose some more dirt from the ceiling of the tunnel. This one Cassius and Michael feel as well as the stones vibrate under their feet.

Finally, a bloodied grey protrusion breaks through the earth near the base of the tunnel between where Garron stands and the ladder back up. The red streaked appendage looks vaguely fin-like as it glides unusually smoothly through the earthen floor of the tunnel. Nearly as quickly as it appeared, the appendage disappears back into the ground.

Bansheexero
2021-03-23, 12:00 PM
"LAND SHARK!!!" Garon exclaims. He brings his axe to the ready.

Initiative roll [roll0]

SandyAndy
2021-03-24, 03:42 PM
These Kobolds were here a while. Almost like they were under siege. This is... MAKE READY!

Cassius immediately drops the supplies he was inspecting and starts moving towards Mirelle to give her cover.

SandyAndy
2021-03-24, 03:44 PM
Initiative roll [roll0]

gryffydd65
2021-03-24, 08:51 PM
[roll0] Michael gets ready for the land shark

Zalphier
2021-03-25, 10:05 AM
Michael, Mirielle, and Cassius don't see much from their position still up in the dungeon rooms of the old fort, and only feel the faintest of vibrations from the large beast cruising the earth beneath them. But Garon's yell causes the vibrations to stop for a moment, then pick up with a sudden burst of speed directly towards Garon. From his position still in the tunnel, Garon gets a clear view of the beast that didn't seem to realize there was an open tunnel as it digs its way out of the wall a few inches above the ground and lands ungracefully with a heavy thud.

Initiatives
Mirielle: 16
Landshark: [roll0]
Garon: 7
Michael: 5
Cassius: 3

With the heavy thud of the monster, Mirielle begins moving towards the trap door, but since she'd hung back to keep watch at the entrance, she has quite a ways to go and has to stop just short of the actual trapdoor.

The beast takes up most of the space in the tunnel, but that alone might not be the most concerning part from Garon's point of view, for he can see its face. Most of the landshark's snout and the left half of its face look to have been crushed inward to a bloody pulp. The one eye that does remain open is a milky white and appears unfocused. Looking further along the monster shows numerous other wounds ranging from the minor to what look like mortal as frequent bouts of blood drip from the jagged toothed maul. The unexpected drop into an open space appears to have disorientated it though as the land shark stops its charge to draw in ragged snort-like sniffs of the air through the broken nose as it searches for prey.

Mirielle moves towards the trapdoor so she can see and shoot at the beast

The Bulette spends its turn picking itself back up from the ground and then searching for the closest prey.

SandyAndy
2021-03-25, 05:43 PM
Cassius runs the rest of the way to the trapdoor and lies down to reach his hand out to Garon.

Garon, get out of there!

Bansheexero
2021-03-26, 06:24 PM
Garon sprints towards the ladder, making an effort to jump around the large land shark and avoid its attack. He digs down deep, using every ounce of energy he can muster to try and make it up the ladder, or turning his attention on the beast if his exit is unreachable.

Takes a dash action around the bullette and makes an Athletics check to try to avoid an attack of opportunity (my Stealth modifier is negative and I am in heavy armor so yeah, not doing that) [roll0].
The next bit is slightly conditional. Using action surge. If I can get up the ladder and out of the reach of the bullette, I will do that. Otherwise, I will attack if it is in range, with:

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2] plus [roll3] slashing
If crit add [roll4] plus [roll5] slashing

If I am not able to do either action while adjacent to said ladder, I will not use my action surge.

gryffydd65
2021-03-28, 03:18 PM
From behind the bullette Michael fires his guiding bolt at the beast.

Zalphier
2021-03-29, 10:08 AM
The bulette was honing in on Garon's scent when Cassius's sudden yell pulls its attention away and up. Lumberingly slow, the beast stumbles and staggers as it tries to turn about and look up towards the new source of noise. In turn with the beast's back to Garon, he's able to quietly sprint around it and comes to a stop at the base of the ladder. One last fleeting look back at the bulette and he's up the ladder and back on the proper dungeon floor.

The guiding bolt from Michael strikes true and smacks into the monster while leaving behind the signature glow. The bulette however seems practically unfazed by the blow and let's out a roar in what is roughly his direction.

Mirielle finally reaches the edge of the trapdoor and peering down at the beast below, she casts her eldritch bolt at it before moving back some and out of the way for the others to climb up.

Eldritch bolt attack: [roll0]
Dmg on hit: [roll1]

The bulette had managed to turn around just as Garon was ascending the ladder, and then loomed over Michael after he cast his guiding bolt spell on it. The beast had been about to try and bite him in half had it not been for Mirielle's eldritch blast drawing the beast's attention back up to the trapdoor hole. With a surprising burst of energy the landsharp jumps upwards, it's massive head crashing in to the underside of the stone work and causing a spiderweb of cracks to form. The ladder teeters precariously on its ledge and threatens to fall over if not fall apart.

Not going to burn the advantage Michael granted, that'll be up to the players.

SandyAndy
2021-03-30, 01:33 PM
Cassius grabs Garon and pulls him up the last bit of the ladder.

strength roll [roll0]

Do we need to kill that thing or should we focus on something else?

Bansheexero
2021-03-31, 10:29 PM
"I say we take a d'ffrent route. Given that it killed the scaly bit, it may do any clean up for us. No sense it in feeding it more. Of course, if we have some oil we could ignite, or some other method of killing it from here, that'd work too. Just not fond of jumping into the sea when a shark smells blood."

gryffydd65
2021-04-01, 12:28 PM
We still have the other tunnel to check out. Michael says looking at the others.

SandyAndy
2021-04-02, 02:44 PM
So, I say we look around these rooms. The supply crates were nearly empty and anything left was spoiled. These lizards were bottled up here for a long time and I think we need to learn what exactly had them hiding. Something isn't right, keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

Cassius winces a bit from his wounds as he throws a nervous look over his shoulder.

gryffydd65
2021-04-02, 07:57 PM
I agree let's see what else is up here before we go down the other tunnel. I wouldn't be opposed to a short rest to take care of some wounds and regain what spells I have used. Michael says looking at the others.