PDA

View Full Version : Game: Translate V's Raven in #271. (OMG! Watch out for the spoilers!)

theomas
2007-11-08, 05:36 PM
If this hasn't been translated by Rich Burlew, we've got a game. ^_^
(try to stay on topic please)

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/images/oots0271.gif

* "V totally just INVENTED me for convenience!" (#3)

* "V was into EVERYTHING: sex... drugs... roleplaying!" (#125)

* "...sent me on a SUICIDE mission: 16 archers!" (#154)

* "V renamed me PINATA for Caw's sake!" (#154)

* "They never even FED me one time!" (#178)

Kalai_Eljahn
2007-11-08, 05:42 PM
I do not understand the need for translation. The raven took the witess stand for the prosecution, spoke vehemently, and provoked a hostile reaction from Vaarsuvius. Most of language is unspoken; what's not to understand?

teratorn
2007-11-08, 05:51 PM
You should put the thing inside a spoiler tag (because of width) or just use a link to the strip in question (saves bandwidth).

This strip answers questions raised in the main thread, AC law allows the dead to testify, and the use of a chair of truth.
So get Kubota and the ghosts of the ninjas on that chair, and he'll be toast. On the other hand, Hinjo lost his casters, and I'm not sure he has enough diamonds to bring them back.

Edit: spoilered by request. Don't worry, these spoilers don't tell that much about the strip so far... just speculation.

theomas
2007-11-08, 06:00 PM
You should put the thing inside a spoiler tag (because of width) or just use a link to the strip in question.

This strip answers questions raised in the main thread, AC law allows the dead to testify, and the use of a chair of truth. So get Kubota and the ghosts of the ninjas on that chair, and he'll be toast. On the other hand, Hinjo lost his casters, and I'm not sure he has enough diamonds to bring them back.

Maybe you should put the comment about AC Law, Kubota, Ghost ninjas, Hinjo, and Diamonds in a spoiler tag or just link the the main thread in question. I'm only on #271. ^_^

Edit: Well you put it in a spoiler, but it's a bit too late now isn't it? <melodrama> You've totally ruined everything for me. I'll never read OOTS again. *sniff*</melodrama>

Dragon_Keeper
2007-11-08, 06:42 PM
Maybe you should put the comment about AC Law, Kubota, Ghost ninjas, Hinjo, and Diamonds in a spoiler tag or just link the the main thread in question. I'm only on #271. ^_^

Edit: Well you put it in a spoiler, but it's a bit too late now isn't it? <melodrama> You've totally ruined everything for me. I'll never read OOTS again. *sniff*</melodrama>

I think most people on this forum assume everyone is current with the strip. If you haven't finished, avoid the forum until you have.

teratorn
2007-11-08, 07:35 PM

You just made my day. I wasn't going to bed without my evil act for the day... but it can't be worse that all those threads about Roy marrying Miko, and not knowing she's carrying Durkon's child.

David Argall
2007-11-08, 07:41 PM
This strip answers questions raised in the main thread, AC law allows the dead to testify, and the use of a chair of truth.
So get Kubota and the ghosts of the ninjas on that chair, and he'll be toast. On the other hand, Hinjo lost his casters, and I'm not sure he has enough diamonds to bring them back.

It is probably not so simple. A basic thesis would be that what magic can discover, magic can hide. And Kubota probably has access to quite powerful magic.
However note that the city has a tradition of assassinations. That means that this is not deemed that serious of a crime. It is just part of the game, and things that make it too easy to prove who is guilty count as "cheating". You are peeking at the cards in the solitare game when you use overly effective divination magic.
The rules on assassination and magic are probably quite complex. You do it a little wrong and you are arrested and convincted. The prosecution can overstep easily and ruin the case. We only look at our own courts to see this sort of thing develops all the time.
So an AC trial would feature magic and things like the dead testifying, but we don't know that this will help or hurt Kubota.