PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dragonlance Mystic question

jaekaido
2021-02-22, 08:56 PM
so i am getting ready for a gestalt game. starting level is 1 with rolled stats (not the important part). i have been given some great advice here and so my question is this can a mystic cast both cure and inflict spells from the cleric list? i don't anything, unless i am blind or reading too fast, that says yay or nay on this.

i am working on a Duskblade/Mystic for this game just in case i don't like my fighter/sorcerer

One Step Two
2021-02-22, 09:13 PM
A Mystic can cast any spell they have on their spells known list, being granted additional spells known based on the domain they select. If you choose both Inflict and Cure, then you can cast both.

Mystics follow causes, not specific deities, so they don't have any particular bans on what spells they can or cannot use. A true neutral Mystic who follows a path of Duality is a good enough reason to cast both Cure and Inflict, for example.

For the future, I recommend in the long term making use of the Substitute Domain spell, you basically add different spells to your spells known list on the fly.

jaekaido
2021-02-22, 11:18 PM
thank you very mush for the response. once again i am given wonderful advice.

One Step Two
2021-02-22, 11:55 PM
Quick word of advice, because Mystics get their powers from a personal code, ethos or cause, some DMs might be leery about using Substitute domain to effectively change your spells known, as in essence you're changing what your beliefs are. A simple work around is using the Trickery domain as your default Domain, being a Duskblade/Mystic, your core tenants are around warfare. And as a sage once said, All warfare is based on deception.