PDA

View Full Version : Comfemed Dark lords for the new Ravenloft book and some oddities.

Amdy_vill
2021-02-23, 02:42 PM
So I was reading the polygon article on the new Ravenloft book and I noticed that only one of the dark lords is a returning one. but they are not using his normal name they have elongated it. looking at the new dr. Frankenstein her name is similar to the old one and the other 2 domains and their 4 dark lords are completely new. I think it's interesting to go for one of the most developed settings like this. and I think we might see similar changes in the other 2 setting books we are getting. I am a Ravenloft mega-fan and I find this both disheartening and wonderful. on one hand, it's sad to see the big dark lords announced to mostly be new and changed versions of old ones on the other hand we are getting 25 more and we might get more OG dark lords or more new school dark lords. witch is exciting to think of.

I do think we will not see many returning dark lords because I know WotC doesn't own a lot of them because of bad IP management and 5e as stayed away from pieces of lore WotC doesn't own instead of working with the owners of those pieces like they did in earlier editions.

Gyor
2021-02-23, 06:21 PM
Well so far we have Strahd, that mad scientist, Azalin (mentioned in Undead Patron UA), Anhktepot is likely as Mummy Lords are mentioned and his domain is one of the most fameous thanks to the popular video game (Stone Prophet) set there. I think they will like the Forgotten Realms tie ins, so Hazlan and Nova Vassa's lords will likely be in. I'll have to do some research to figure out the rest.

Gyor
2021-02-23, 06:31 PM
It does appear there are some new Dark Lords and Domains which is interesting.