PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Crystal Warrior Aegis and Psicrystal questions

Ourian7491
2021-02-27, 12:14 AM
So I have a couple questions in regards to the Crystal Warrior Archetype of the Aegis

1) "Form Astral Suit
To gain the benefits of some of the additional class features detailed below, the aegis’s psicrystal must be physically touching the aegis when the aegis forms his astral suit, and the psicrystal is consumed by the astral suit while the astral suit is active. When the psicrystal is consumed in this fashion, it still grants all the normal benefits for being within 5 ft. of the aegis (Alertness, etc), but the aegis does not gain any of the psicrystal’s special abilities (natural armor, hardness, etc.) The aegis may still form his astral suit normally, but he loses those abilities detailed below that rely upon the psicrystal being consumed by the astral suit. In addition, the aegis gains the ranged attack customization as a bonus customization."

In regards to the bolded text, does the Psicrystal still benefit from the "Share Powers" ability that psicrystals have?
-----

2) While consumed by the astral suit, can the Psicrystal still be targeted by powers that you manifest, such as Share Pain?
-----

3) "Psicrystal Shot
At 7th level, when the aegis’s psicrystal is consumed by the astral suit, the psicrystal can use its own actions to aid the aegis in combat. The psicrystal can use the attack options from the ranged attack customization, including any customizations that improve the ranged attack, such as energy blast. Use the crystal warrior’s base attack bonus, as calculated from all his classes, and the psicrystal’s Dexterity modifier to calculate the psicrystal’s attack bonus. Treat its Dexterity as if it was under the self-propulsion effect."

In regards to the bolded text, would the Psicrystal only be able to make a single attack or gain multiple attacks based on the BAB of the Aegis?
-----

DM has allowed me to revamp my Metaforge a bit since he has allowed him to advance past Level 20, and I was thinking that the Crystal Warrior archetype would be cool, but most of the build I have is centered around the Share Pain combo with the psicrystal and I don't want to lose that, especially because that was what got me the approval to advance beyond Level 20 to begin with. (Each player has multiple characters and one of each of them are chosen to gain the potential to advance to Level 30. My Metaforge was one of them)