PDA

View Full Version : Best weapon for a blasting hexblade?

Ogun
2021-02-27, 12:37 PM
I'm considering a Hexblades dip for sheild proficiency.
While I'm there, Hex Warrior will let me choose a weapon to be good at.
I plan on blasting not melee.
But it's there to be used.
What weapon should I choose?

Warder
2021-02-27, 12:45 PM
Whatever you want. 5e weapon tables are pretty pointless. The only thing you need to look at are special properties and if you're not planning on using the weapon a lot, even those lose importance. Weapon damage dice vanish under the weight of static bonuses (CHA, Hexblade's Curse, etc) so my advice would be to pick a weapon with the aesthetics for a nice mental image, and don't worry about it beyond that.

Edit: Actually, go with an axe. There are so many times I wish I had brought an axe for non-combat related reasons, but somehow I never learn.

DarknessEternal
2021-02-27, 02:12 PM
Staff of Power.

Witty Username
2021-02-27, 02:22 PM
Axes can be used to build rafts to get to the inner world. Very underrated.

Warder
2021-02-27, 02:24 PM
Axes can be used to build rafts to get to the inner world. Very underrated.

Are you planning to farm the Oasis? Bold move...

Throne12
2021-02-27, 03:24 PM
It doesn't matter you can switch it up as you like as long as it's don't have the 2hand properties. If your looking for something useful I'll say Hatchett, staff, rapier, hand crossbow with xbow expert notes good as eb, flair just to look cool, longsword just because it's the only magic weapon in all books remember it's has versatile not 2 handed.

At 1st level, you acquire the training necessary to effectively arm yourself for battle. You gain proficiency with medium armor, shields, and martial weapons.

The influence of your patron also allows you to mystically channel your will through a particular weapon. Whenever you finish a long rest, you can touch one weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the two-handed property. When you attack with that weapon, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls. This benefit lasts until you finish a long rest. If you later gain the Pact of the Blade feature, this benefit extends to every pact weapon you conjure with that feature, no matter the weapon's type.

Anjun
2021-02-27, 03:38 PM
Staff of Swarming Insects

Ogun
2021-02-27, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the responses!
So I'm thinking whip, for the reach and possible tricks.
I will get an axe as a tool, but not as the weapon I apply Charisma to.
Net is another possibility.
Oh, just be clear, I di have a 16d natural weapon, that's not a legit target for this ability, is it?

Rev666
2021-02-27, 11:41 PM
If you have a spare feat go for crossbow expert and hex warrior a hand crossbow. Hex warrior states it can be used on a weapon without 2 handed property but hand crossbow is only 1 handed (so you can get 2 attacks, which with hex and hexblade curse add an extra d6 and proficiency to the routine). Plus the feat via wording allows you to eldritch blast in melee should the occasion ever arise.